Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversar

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Re: Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversar

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Honestly, why the fuck are they doing it again? They did it with Chameleon, and while being a good album for what it is, 90% of the fans hated it. Now they took some of their greatest hits and made Chameleon Part II out of them. It didn't work the first time you did it. So why do it again? Why can't they just do what Gamma Ray did in 2000? I mean, a Ska version of Dr. Stein? Lounge Music Version of If I Could Fly? EAGLE FLY FREE AS A BALLAD? Is this really necessary? I already know that I'm going to hate this.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Unexpected cover 8)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Is this really necessary
What, you need to whine about it just because you don't like it? It’s one thing if you just said you weren’t interested in it, but this is acting like you think the band should only do what you want them to.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:36 am

Still sounds interesting to me. Can't wait to hear this. And yea, the album cover looks awesome!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 pm

So it's not going to be just basic powermetal? Good. :)

Though I'm not going to buy it, I'm not really into Helloween. :lol:

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Ooooh...

"Eagle Fly Free will be a soft ballad with a duet of Deris and Harriet Ohlsson."
^ So far doesn't sound good at all. Eagle is about the last song I would view as a ballad. Who knows how good are they going to pull this one out though. As icecab once said, anything can be made into ballad.

"A Tale that Wasn't Right will be a melancholic orchestrated version."
Why not. It IS a melancholic song. The Prague Orchestra should boost it. Much. Knowing Deris'/Weikath's sense of style, it just can't go wrong. :)

"If I Could Fly and Falling to peaces will be soft, lounge-music like."
Sounds... Chameleonish, as said already. Exotic. I like exotic. ^_^

"Dr. Stein will be a Ska Version with trumpets."
What does ska version even mean?[/stupid] Still, Chameleonism seems to continue. I can actually imagine that riff turned into a classy sax form, and I think it would be great. :)

Oh, and at least there is going to be that MASSIVE medley! :´)

Just my five cents. Right or wrong.

There'll always be the opportunity to listen to the originals if these won't please me. Ragehead being Ragehead is once again totally useless, at least before hearing any of these yet.
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:19 pm

I don't need to hear them. I know that I'm going to hate them. Reading about Dr. Stein Ska version, If I Could Fly Lounge version and Eagle Fly Free ballad is enought for me to safely say that I will not like it at all.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 pm

It’s ragehead, he does not pass up songs as not his thing, he has to make sure people know he has developed a sense of hatred towards them.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:30 am

Intiaani wrote: There'll always be the opportunity to listen to the originals if these won't please me.
Exactly! Plus, what would be the point of re recording these songs if they're not gonna add anything new..

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Babylon wrote:
Intiaani wrote: There'll always be the opportunity to listen to the originals if these won't please me.
Exactly! Plus, what would be the point of re recording these songs if they're not gonna add anything new..
Just adding Andi's voice and few changes here and there would've been enough for me to consider them new. And I fear to find out what they did with Future World, Perfect Gentleman and I Want Out. Hip-Hop, Techno and Reggaton?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 pm

it's power metal so it already is close enough to techno. those genres are very close and power metal bands love to cover dance songs

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Wait, what? Are you talking about the same sort of Techno musix than I do? The only 2 dance cover I've heard were those 2 Ultravox song from Sammet (1 with Edguy and 1 with Avantasia IIRC) and Maniac from Firewind. And I sincerly hope that they don't do it. That would make the whole thing even worse.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 pm

maybe techno is different from dance and i'm getting those confused. gamma ray and at vance have done covers of dance songs as well with the whole its a sin from gamma ray and all the abba songs at vance does. there is even a abba metal tribute album. from the metal covers torrents there are also lots of aha covers and covers of other dance songs

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:58 pm

icecab21 wrote:maybe techno is different from dance and i'm getting those confused. gamma ray and at vance have done covers of dance songs as well with the whole its a sin from gamma ray and all the abba songs at vance does. there is even a abba metal tribute album. from the metal covers torrents there are also lots of aha covers and covers of other dance songs
Dance and Techno are different. Last week I a calassmate was driving me home with his car a few times and he had this techno shit blasting on the highest Volume with this fucking big-ass subwoofer. I always though that I would crank up the volume extremely high, but this guy takes the fucking cake. I wonder why he isn't deaf yet.

And I guess Dance music and Metal can go together.

I still wonder what the rest of the songs will sound like.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:07 pm

yea just did a youtube search and techno stuff was different from the dance stuff i was thinking of. a lot of dance songs are pretty much power metal songs without the drums, guitars, and bass but with simular keyboards and vocal melody. seems recently a lot of power metal groups are putting dance drums in their music just played with a real kit.

this will be interesting to hear all the tracks. im thinking ill likly just buy the select tracks that i like. the 17 minute epic seems something that can't go wrong. would have rather had the whole thing as a orchrestral cd. i guess they can be the first band to put lounge, ska, and orchrestra on the same cd

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am

Yes. Make it all-orchestral. But then there would be people bitching about how they following the trend. You can't please everyone.

And the 17-epic sounds INDEED epic. I'm sort of happy that they made this an orchestral song because for all we know it could've been a Polka song.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 am

I don't see how a form of music that has been used for hundreds of years can be called a trend when metal has only been around for less than 50 but I guess people can do it. I think this kind of metal has a natural bond to orchestra since it's inspired from western music and orchestra. I think if there ever was a good "trend", symphony is it since it’s’ music in a natural form without the distortions of electric amps and all. I still can’t see how it’s trendy since I’m not seeing a flood of teens to symphony halls and they have been around for hundreds of years doing their thing.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:52 am

icecab21 wrote:I don't see how a form of music that has been used for hundreds of years can be called a trend when metal has only been around for less than 50 but I guess people can do it. I think this kind of metal has a natural bond to orchestra since it's inspired from western music and orchestra. I think if there ever was a good "trend", symphony is it since it’s’ music in a natural form without the distortions of electric amps and all. I still can’t see how it’s trendy since I’m not seeing a flood of teens to symphony halls and they have been around for hundreds of years doing their thing.
I know. It doesn't make any sense. But people still bitch about it.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Babylon wrote:
Just adding Andi's voice and few changes here and there would've been enough for me to consider them new. And I fear to find out what they did with Future World, Perfect Gentleman and I Want Out. Hip-Hop, Techno and Reggaton?
You see.. my problem is that as long as it says "Helloween" on the cover, I know I'm gonna like it :lol:

Oh and you mentioned Firewind's cover of "Maniac", I love that one!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:There was a statement releades yesterday one a german website and they said that:
Eagle Fly Free will be a soft ballad with a duet of Deris and Harriet Ohlsson.
A Tale that Wasn't Right will be a melancholic orchestrated version.
If I Could Fly and Falling to peaces will be soft, lounge-music like.
Dr. Stein will be a Ska Version with trumpets.
In other words it is going to suck. The band just completely lost me on this one. :cry:

Proof: http://www.stormbringer.at/news.php?id=13552
Oh dear. I love the idea of symphonic Keeper-medley, but the rest of these versions...

Well, at least they now have a great chance of surprising me positively. :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 am

Future World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gGWv7L3tM4

Eagle Fly Free:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wso98REeDlg

Wow. I know this was going to be bad but I didn't think that it would be that bad.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 am

Oooo I like it! Sounds really different, but great. Really looking forward to hearing the rest.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 am

Babylon wrote:Oooo I like it! Sounds really different, but great. Really looking forward to hearing the rest.
:shock: really? Well, I didn't. It just doesn't feel like Helloween... :cry:

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:24 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote: :shock: really? Well, I didn't. It just doesn't feel like Helloween... :cry:
I see your point, but for me... well it's hard not to like it, it's Helloween and more importantly, it's Andi, so I just cannot not like it :P

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:40 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Future World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gGWv7L3tM4

Eagle Fly Free:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wso98REeDlg

Wow. I know this was going to be bad but I didn't think that it would be that bad.
Agreed that the originals are better (well, this is always true because our reference point is the original). But these new versions are not replacements, they are just another interpretation. So its cool!

Also: I liked the comments for "future world" :lol:

BYE PABLO!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:
(sorry, peer pressure)

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Just think that this is one of those that turn out to be therapy albums, so that the band can get freshness back to their main works again. And I don't even think Future World is that bad. Eagle sure is. :I Arrangement totally sucks, and it just sounds patchy and bad as a ballad.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Although the Stratovarius Song leaves a bitte-sweet taste knowing that the band was anything but united at that point.
I do have to point out that if we were disunited at that point, I didn't notice. :) The mood was one of the band including TT surviving a very difficult ordeal, and we were stronger than ever as a unit and as friends. Here is that "rockumentary" from 2005 that he himself edited together..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcDka075w_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qISnkFcSWLk

And here is the first part (there were never any other parts) of the documentary for the recording process of the ill-fated "Stratovarius -- Revolution Renaissance" album (also made by TT at the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRRPL0qAOg

I don't think you can quite see the hate burning in everyone's eyes in those.

He later changed his mind about those days, for many reasons, but mainly to justify later actions when he simply ran out of money. :lol: But perhaps I shouldn't try to explain any of his reasoning beyond what we have tried before...
Ragehead91 wrote:Honestly, why the fuck are they doing it again? They did it with Chameleon, and while being a good album for what it is, 90% of the fans hated it. Now they took some of their greatest hits and made Chameleon Part II out of them. It didn't work the first time you did it. So why do it again? Why can't they just do what Gamma Ray did in 2000? I mean, a Ska version of Dr. Stein? Lounge Music Version of If I Could Fly? EAGLE FLY FREE AS A BALLAD? Is this really necessary? I already know that I'm going to hate this.
:lol:

Your attitude reminds me a little bit of Jörg's! I have always said this but i will say it again: it's very good that we have had Jörg in Stratovarius over the years, otherwise we would probably, shall we say, have deviated much more from what I think is a pretty healthy rock/ metal set of ideas.

En extremt tråkig pe

Post by En extremt tråkig pe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm

icecab21 wrote:
Is this really necessary
What, you need to whine about it just because you don't like it? It’s one thing if you just said you weren’t interested in it, but this is acting like you think the band should only do what you want them to.
They should and so should Kiske and Hansen, so they should boot Deris and whoever is the other guitar player these days and those two back in. Unfortunately Ingo can't come back but 4 out of 5 would be good enough.
Innebandy är en fånig sport

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Can't wait for the next new release; it's going to be freash metal after a break like this! I said it above already but, well...

And I don't even know if even Eagle Fly Free and Future World - both seemingly getting better and better all the time - are going to prevent me from buying Unarmed... The Trilogy.... *sigh*

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:08 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:BYE PABLO!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:
(sorry, peer pressure)
:) Yes. It was a gift from [not virtual] friends. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Also: I liked the comments for "future world" :lol:
You inspire me in every way! :luv1: :spin2: