Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversar

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversar

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 am

Long-running German power metallers HELLOWEEN have teamed up with Sony Music in co-operation with SPV Records, to release the band's upcoming albums. The group's long awaited "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary" album will be made available on the following dates:

Dec. 16 – Japan, Southeast Asia (JVC/Victor)
Jan. 29 - Europe (Sony/SPV)

The U.S. release date has yet to be announced.

The band says, "'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' is a big 'thank-you' to all our fans, old and new, all over the world! Instead of putting together a regular greatest-hits compilation featuring our most successful tracks to celebrate this anniversary, we completely rearranged and re-recorded the greatest songs and melodies of our career. Together with our tried and tested producer, Charlie Bauerfeind, we invited many great musicians to guest on this special record, with the doubtless highlight of having the 70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing 'The Keeper's Trilogy', a 17-minute medley consisting of the songs 'Halloween', 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys' and 'The King for A 1000 Years' — goose bumps guaranteed!

"We aren’t one of those bands who like to celebrate themselves, we just want to say 'thank you' in our own special way to all of you who have followed us through the past 25 years. To us, this album stands for an official celebration.

"It was a big challenge and great experience and we had a lot of fun recording our most important tracks in an entirely new 'outfit' and with new arrangements. We hope you like them!

"Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary" will feature the following tracks:

01. Dr. Stein
02. Future World
03. If I Could Fly
04. Where The Rain Grows
05. The Keeper's Trilogy
06. Eagle Fly Free
07. Perfect Gentleman
08. Forever & One
09. I Want Out
10. Falling To Pieces
11. A Tale That Wasn't Right

icecab21

Re: Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversar

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 am

WIN!!!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:16 am

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YESYES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
STUDIO DERIS EAGLE FLY FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:19 am

STUDIO DERIS I WANT OUT! STUDIO DERIS FUTURE WORLD! GREAT!

But the rest of the setlist...If I Could Fly, Forever and One and Falling to Pieces...Really? Those were the best songs they could come up with? Don't get me wrong here, I love those songs, but I can name you at least 20 Songs that would've suited this compilation more than those 2.

And about the release: I'll buy it in January but I'll listen to it earlier...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:28 am

Ragehead91 wrote:STUDIO DERIS I WANT OUT! STUDIO DERIS FUTURE WORLD! GREAT!

But the rest of the setlist...If I Could Fly, Forever and One and Falling to Pieces...Really? Those were the best songs they could come up with? Don't get me wrong here, I love those songs, but I can name you at least 20 Songs that would've suited this compilation more than those 2.

I could have done with adding Occasion Avenue into that medley. I always thought it was the "Halloween" to King for 1000 years' "The Keeper of the Seven Keys" if that makes sense.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:29 am

i like the cover album idea they are going with.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:49 am

Rebel wrote:

I could have done with adding Occasion Avenue into that medley. I always thought it was the "Halloween" to King for 1000 years' "The Keeper of the Seven Keys" if that makes sense.
Ride the Sky, Heavy Metal is the Law, How Many Tears, I'm Alive, Twilight of the Gods, Dr. Stein, March of Time, The Chance, Kids of the Century, Mankind, Soul Survivor, The Game is On, Mr. Ego, Power, Steel Tormentor, We Burn, Push, Falling Gigher, Hey Lordl, I Can, Midnight Sun, All Over the Nations, The Departed, The Dark Ride, Heaven was Made in Hell, Just a Little Sign with good lyrics. All those songs would be 100 times more suitable than those 3 ballads mentioned above. And yes, I know some of them are by Kusch, Grapow or Kiske but they also re-recorded I Want Out and Future World by Kai Hansen so the "It wasn't written by Weiki or Andi" argument doesn't count here.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 am

If I could Fly was the first Helloween song I heard, so I'm very partial to it

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:06 am

I LOVE The song too. It is one of my favourites. But it isn't the song I'd put on a best-of.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:17 am

we could have rageheads best of where he rerecords his favorite helloween songs

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:19 am

Which songs were more important for Helloweens carrer and are considered classicas nowadays? Ride the Sky, How Many Tears and Dr. Stein or If I Could Fly, Forever and One and Falling to Pieces??

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:44 am

I Want Out
Future World
Eagle Fly Free
If I Could Fly
Halloween
A Tale That Wasn't Right
Dr. Stein
Keeper Of The Seven Keys
A Little Time
I'm Alive
Rise and Fall
Mr. Torture
March of Time
Power
Twilight of the Gods

i don't follow helloween so much, this is the lastfm top 15 of the last half year.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:00 am

Actually a good list.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 am

I'd love to hear a rerecorded "Time of the Oath"

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:49 am

I cannot wait to hear this! They have way too many freakin good songs to choose from, but I would have added Phantoms of Death. Oh and Keeper's Trilogy sounds awesome.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:06 am

Babylon wrote:I cannot wait to hear this! They have way too many freakin good songs to choose from, but I would have added Phantoms of Death. Oh and Keeper's Trilogy sounds awesome.
I wonder if it will be orchestra only or orchestra + Band like Rage did with the medley in 1995 on Lingua Mortis.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! YESS~!

FINALLY BAH GAWD FINALLY~!
- Jim Ross @ WrestleMania XX
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Intiaani wrote: FINALLY BAH GAWD FINALLY~!
Isn't he shouting something like that at every PPV? And every other WWE event he announces on for that matter?

Don't get me wrong here, I love good ol' JR.

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:28 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Isn't he shouting something like that at every PPV? And every other WWE event he announces on for that matter?

Yes, kind of. :D

Except that part might have been deleted because it was after the HHH-HBK-Benoit match... :(

And JR = RATINGS! As is Unarmed!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

Yes, kind of. :D

Except that part might have been deleted because it was after the HHH-HBK-Benoit match... :(
I have my opinion about the Chris Benoit murder-suicide in 2007. But I won't get into that. Let's just say I still have my Benoit Poster haning here right next to my Eddie Guerrero poster. Not because I want to honor a murderer. Let me quite William Regal Here:
"I'm going to remember Chris for everything except the last two days of his life."
And I still belive that Chris Benoit wasn't the same Chris Benoit as everyone knew him when he murdered. I don't belive that it was he was heartless murder. I belive that because of all the medication and all the concussion he suffered and because of the fact that his brain was heavily damaged and resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient he didn't know what he was doing when he murdered his wife. And I belive that in his state of mind he thought it was the best thing to send his son to heaven with her. I'm not trying to justify what Benoit did. You can't justify what he did. It's horrible. But I doubt that it he was the coldhearted murderer the media made him out to be. I know we will never find out what really happened that day. Only 3 people know it and we can't ask them. But maybe one day when we die we have the chance to ask them. And untill that day I'll belive what I just wrote.

But there is one thing that pisses me of. I can understand that WWE doesn't want to be linked to Benoit after what he did. I can understand that they don't want to mention him anymore. But I just hate how they basicly delete him completely out of their history. Like you said, if you go to WWE.com and search WrestleMania XX results, you won't fight HHH VS. HBK VS. Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship. You'll find HHH VS. HBK. And that is bullshit. You can't delete him from your history. He was a big part of it and it is just impossible to write him out of it. Also, he wasn't a murder until June 24th of 2007. I don't see the point in editing him out of everything. Chris Benoit was, is and will always be part of Wrestling History, whether Vince likes it or not.

Edit: Fuck it. I said that I didn't want to go into it but I did...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:47 am

this calls for a very special emoticon:

--

--

--

:shock:

Salutations from a random guy's laptop! :)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Mormegil

Re: Helloween to release "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Annive

Post by Mormegil » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing 'The Keeper's Trilogy', a 17-minute medley consisting of the songs 'Halloween', 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys' and 'The King for A 1000 Years' — goose bumps guaranteed!
Someone should update the Wikipedia entry for "epic". :shock:

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Ragehead91 wrote: I have my opinion about the Chris Benoit murder-suicide in 2007. But I won't get into that. *gets into that*
:roll:

Yeah. I have my own experiences with close people acting with medicine and alcohol combined in their head - must be pretty similar with steroids at times. They change. They aren't those lovely people anymore, more like some zombies that do something without restraint. Sometimes even alcohol alone might do this to a person. Something like that must have happened to Benoit as well. I respect him as a wrestler. Not as a guy though because I never knew him personally. 8) In the ring, though, he was one of the best ever, and I'm outraged about him being wiped out completely from the company's history. He did awful things, but it couldn't have been that part of him that was a generally good guy backstage and wrestling his ass off night after night, something that major part of WWE main eventers even can't or just don't bother to do. :( Almost everyone of those new guys are the shit compared to such as Benoit or HBK. :) Glad I'm still the owner of the original climactic main event of WrestleMania XX for example. They can't wipe it off from the DVD sold before the double murder-suicide!

So I agree with you 100%, Ragehead. For once. :D

Maybe that's enough with wrestling in Helloween topic though. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote: I have my opinion about the Chris Benoit murder-suicide in 2007. But I won't get into that. *gets into that*
:roll:

Yeah. I have my own experiences with close people acting with medicine and alcohol combined in their head - must be pretty similar with steroids at times. They change. They aren't those lovely people anymore, more like some zombies that do something without restraint. Sometimes even alcohol alone might do this to a person. Something like that must have happened to Benoit as well. I respect him as a wrestler. Not as a guy though because I never knew him personally. 8) In the ring, though, he was one of the best ever, and I'm outraged about him being wiped out completely from the company's history. He did awful things, but it couldn't have been that part of him that was a generally good guy backstage and wrestling his ass off night after night, something that major part of WWE main eventers even can't or just don't bother to do. :( Almost everyone of those new guys are the shit compared to such as Benoit or HBK. :) Glad I'm still the owner of the original climactic main event of WrestleMania XX for example. They can't wipe it off from the DVD sold before the double murder-suicide!
WWE shouldn't whipe him out of their history. They should remember him for what a person he was before that incident and use him as a cautionary tale.

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Can't wait to hear it!!
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Florian

Post by Florian » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Ride the Sky, Heavy Metal is the Law, How Many Tears, I'm Alive, Twilight of the Gods, Dr. Stein, March of Time, The Chance, Kids of the Century, Mankind, Soul Survivor, The Game is On, Mr. Ego, Power, Steel Tormentor, We Burn, Push, Falling Gigher, Hey Lordl, I Can, Midnight Sun, All Over the Nations, The Departed, The Dark Ride, Heaven was Made in Hell, Just a Little Sign with good lyrics. All those songs would be 100 times more suitable than those 3 ballads mentioned above. And yes, I know some of them are by Kusch, Grapow or Kiske but they also re-recorded I Want Out and Future World by Kai Hansen so the "It wasn't written by Weiki or Andi" argument doesn't count here.
No, please no Deris on Kai's or Kiske's songs :cry:

This album will maybe have some guest artists, maybe Kai, Piet Sielck, Tobias Sammett, Biff Byfford or Ralf Scheepers... Or maybe nobody. :cry:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Florian wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

No, please no Deris on Kai's or Kiske's songs :cry:

This album will maybe have some guest artists, maybe Kai, Piet Sielck, Tobias Sammett, Biff Byfford or Ralf Scheepers... Or maybe nobody. :cry:
HELL YES Deris on Kai or Kiske Song! This isn't live. This is the studio. If he makes mistakes here, he can sing it again. This could be awesome.

Florian

Post by Florian » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 pm

He must sing it an octave lower if he sings some 85-86 songs.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:31 pm

I thin Deris know what he does and I doubt that they'll record the songs the way they do them live. Again, it is the studio. If he fucks up he can do it again. This ain't live.

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I thin Deris know what he does and I doubt that they'll record the songs the way they do them live. Again, it is the studio. If he fucks up he can do it again. This ain't live.
You will be wrong. There won't be Kiske-heights Halloween for example or anything, but Andi-style. That's alright with me though. :)

I agree though that Andi probably knows what he's doing. I bet the band has the eye at this stage to decide what songs they all can play well, including Deris.