bon jovi the circle album

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
icecab21
bon jovi the circle album

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:46 am

New bon jovi album out. I like some of it. It’s interesting to hear bon jovi write a song like work for the workingman. I love the song but I have mixed feelings about the millionaires writing the songs now. I think its one thing if a band writes a song like that and then get discovered for it, seems a little weird when it's a band with almost 30 years in the spotlight. On the other hand the band has the best chance to distribute the meaning of the songs and that can help people.

Babylon

Re: bon jovi the circle album

Post by Babylon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 am

I actually wanna hear this album. Bon Jovi was the second concert I ever went to, I was 13 years old and it was pretty much why I got into "heavy" music. I still think the first two albums are awesome. Of course I don't expect them to do something like that again, but this should be interesting to hear. I agree, they are huge and have a good chance of reaching out to people and having that power, why not send out a positive message.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:28 am

I like the album, I think it's the best since These days. They are experimenting with new sounds and finally Sambora is playing really good solos again. My fav ones are Superman tonight, Bullet, When we were beautiful, Learn to love and Happy now. The rest are good too but not that much for me. The single is just another typical post These days single. I'm really happy with this new-old sound combination the band is making. Especially happy for the guitar's work. I have bought the cd-dvd version.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:09 am

I'm gonna listen to.......
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:11 pm

And yes Icecab, you are right...sounds strange and ironic what you are saying :lol: . But you know, it's good to find this kind of songs, cause it can help, as you say too. And they were not millionaries from the beginning, they made it possible with their talent and art, and nobody can't blame for that.

Now that I'm listening more to the song, it's a very very good one. I like more the album each time I listen to it. I feel some U2 style too in some songs. In some songs they reminds me U2, like in Superman tonight, my fav one.

For me Bon Jovi's direction since These days was a bit...well Crush it was a really good album for me, but then with Bounce...it was a dissapointment. Then, Have a nice day was some fresh ideas but and it was ok but nothing remarkable. Lost highway was a complete change and a lot country-oriented... and well, not very good for me. But with this new one I'm very happy, seriously. Bonjo was always something special to mee in music. Well, before I listened to metal, Bon Jovi and Offspring were my fav bands. And they are something special to me.

PS: Sambora rocks in this album. Good for Sambora, he was a bit lost, not just in music :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:16 pm

If you like Bon Jovi I'd recommend you to check out Gotthard.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 pm

I have good references about Gotthard. Now, another one. I'll check it out.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:19 pm

RazielSR wrote:I have good references about Gotthard. Now, another one. I'll check it out.
I'd check everything from 1992 to 1996 and then from 2001 to 2009. Open sort of sucked.

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:52 am

Hum........ Just hear a litlle of this album..... and it is.....hum....I'm gonna hear more
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
Kotipelto:
( Fear No Beer !!! )

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:53 am

IMO Bon Jovi hasn't made a decent album since New Jersey...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Listening to the album right now. I'm liking it more and more, my favourite ones are: Bullet, Work for the Working Man, Superman Tonight and especially Brokenpromise Land.

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:10 am

Hum......... I'm gonna hear more.......There's something strange with me or with the album......
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
Kotipelto:
( Fear No Beer !!! )

shg

Post by shg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:43 pm

At last postman brought me Bon Jovi's new album, and I am forced to say, I like it a lot. It sounds like something new, but well, how to say ... Bon Jovi. Favourite song I still can not appoint, but I give it time and will certainly listen to it a lot.

I can not put BJ's albums to any order. In all, there are good songs, and songs what I do not care. I also liked Lost Highway even though it was different.

I love it! This is a picture of me tonight -> :music:

Maddest Hatter

Post by Maddest Hatter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 am

I think it's a good album. Despite being more or the same old same old, I actually really like the single. Bon Jovi has always been good with the hooks and "We Weren't Born To Follow" is certainly no different. I also agree that it's great to hear Ritchie playing some more leads. His guitar work has seemed to diminish a little with each album that they have done this decade and was almost completely gone on their last album. But he's got a few really good moments on The Circle.

You really have to give Bon Jovi a lot of credit for the work that they have put in over these last 9 years. They have managed to average an album every other year. There aren't many bands that are still cranking them out like that. I'd rank the new one somewhere in the middle of the other 4. Not as good as "Bounce" or "Have A Nice Day" (which I think are some of their best albums to date), but better than "Crush" or "Lost Highway" (which I thought were a little under par).

shg

Post by shg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 am

Could someone knowledgeable tell me why Hugh McDonald has not been officially named in the band? He has been long involved on albums and gigs.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:00 pm

shg wrote:Could someone knowledgeable tell me why Hugh McDonald has not been officially named in the band? He has been long involved on albums and gigs.
In other BonJovi related forums, many people are asking about the same thing. Nobody knows. Well, just the band, I suppose.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:52 am

My brother just sent me some You Tube links of videos from this tour... wow they are playing stuff like Roulette, Tokyo Road, Shot Through The Heart, Only Lonely, Get Ready. That's awesome. I hope they tour here!