Unisonic: New Band of Michael Kiske!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Unisonic: New Band of Michael Kiske!

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Former HELLOWEEN vocalist Michael Kiske has teamed up with Dennis Ward (bass) and Kosta Zafiriou (drums) of Germany's PINK CREAM 69 in a brand new project dubbed UNISONIC. Swiss guitarist Mandy Meyer, who has previously played with ASIA, GOTTHARD and KROKUS, completes the group's lineup.

UNISONIC marks the first time Kiske has been involved in a real band situation in almost 16 years. Having split with HELLOWEEN in late 1993, he participated in various projects and released several solo albums but had not been part of a real group effort until now.

While collaborating with Ward and Zafiriou on the PLACE VENDOME project four years ago, Kiske found two musical soulmates. They ended up recording two PLACE VENDOME albums before deciding to join forces in a new brand new band. Ward, who had previously produced a record for KROKUS, suggested Meyer as the perfect addition to the group in the vacant guitarist slot.

Sharing the vision of a rock band free of any musical limitations, the quartet has already started writing songs for its debut album, which is scheduled for release in late spring.

Kiske, one of the finest and most unique voices in contemporary rock music, explains his motivation of becoming a part of a band again: "Since the PLACE VENDOME productions I was impressed by Dennis Ward's skills as a songwriter and producer. We were occasionally fooling around since then via email that we should do more together in the future, so the idea came up to do a new band. I was generally getting a bit tired of doing everything on my own for so many years, so it just felt like the right thing to do now. We can all only benefit from working together. No matter how good you are solo, four people will always be better than one, I think, if they manage to function together. And a real band is also a very good reason to finally go on tour again. After 17 years, I can't wait to get back on stage and have some fun with the band and the fans!"

In the summer of 2010, UNISONIC will hit the festival stages all over Europe. Dates in other territores are also planned.

Balu

Re: Unisonic: New Band of Michael Kiske!

Post by Balu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Sharing the vision of a rock band free of any musical limitations
No thanks.

Also, shit name.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

I know that sounds hypocritical coming from someone who already has written off the new Helloween Best-Of just because of the song-description, but don't you think this is a bit rash? To me it sounds interessting. If it turns out to be just another SupaRed, that would be a totally different thing alltogether.

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:49 pm

It might be, but it makes me worry a bit, that in the whole article, they called the music 'rock' and not metal. Why would I want a 'rock' album from a metal singer?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Balu wrote:It might be, but it makes me worry a bit, that in the whole article, they called the music 'rock' and not metal. Why would I want a 'rock' album from a metal singer?
Nearly every band that has been around long enough calls their music Rock. Dio Does it, Lemmy does it and a shitload of others do too.

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Maybe, who knows. I didn't hear much good about Kiske's project, but let's hope, that this will be different.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Balu wrote:Maybe, who knows. I didn't hear much good about Kiske's project, but let's hope, that this will be different.
Kiskes solo albums blow. SupaRed was more like SupaboRing. Place Vendome was good. And with this line-up they could do interessting stuff.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 pm

has balu ever said anything postive in this forum or is it all just been talking about not liking things?

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:24 pm

The band name is SupaRed all over again. Now Unisonic. What's next, Gamma Ray? Oh, wait...

AOR ftw. :roll: I just hope that they deliver it at least as well as Place Vendome. Those albums, especially the second, have some great songs. Only that that kind of music and "music with no musical limitations" don't go together. Zappa did it without limits, and he had his own style as well. I cannot see a random Kiske band suddenly breaking any patterns...

Anyhow, whenever Kiske sings, it's interesting to me. I goddamn love his voice; he's one of the best ever!
Michael Kiske wrote:No matter how good you are solo, four people will always be better than one, I think, if they manage to function together.

I'm glad he doesn't think his solo albums are beyond earthy music anymore... :D
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Michael Kiske wrote:No matter how good you are solo, four people will always be better than one, I think, if they manage to function together.

I'm glad he doesn't think his solo albums are beyond earthy music anymore... :D
They're ART! HOW DARE YOU TO INSULT HIS PERFECT ART!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 am

Might be interesting, I'm not a big fan of Kiskes voice, but I'll have to see if something comes of this "limitless" stuff.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 am

I think he is using it in not in the sense of "never heard before by mankind" but in the sense of “fusion of some genres". Chameleon is an album that can be an example since it had so many different styles in it. The phrase is also known as “I’m sure some are going to hate this and bitch nonstop about it for years to come at every opportunity rather than just ignore it". They definitely achieved that with chameleon.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 pm

I don't know how this new band is gonna sound ( I can suppose) and I have nothing against Kiske for his foolish decicions and mainly his foolish words, but reading the first post I can know that Kiske is being hypocrite and I don't like the name Unisonic. Anyway let's see what happens.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Balu

Post by Balu » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 pm

icecab21 wrote:has balu ever said anything postive in this forum or is it all just been talking about not liking things?
I thought, that I don't need to like everything.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Really interesting news.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 pm

I thought, that I don't need to like everything.
You don't need to like everything, but if you liked something it would be less annoying. What’s the point of a few word posts that you don't like something? All your posts consist of “overrated” they are shit” or “I don’t care”. Show that you don’t care by not posting unless you do just a little more often.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:10 pm

I was waiting for a Place Vendome Tour with him, but now... :roll:

Hope this new project will be good, but I think he should choose what he wants in life instead of jumping from branch to branch :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Polaris wrote:I was waiting for a Place Vendome Tour with him, but now... :roll:

Hope this new project will be good, but I think he should choose what he wants in life instead of jumping from branch to branch :lol:
3 of the members in Unisonic also were members of Place Vendome. Dennis Ward, who also was in charge of PV, is also in charge of this band. Maybe they'll play som PV Songs.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Funny how small are the main groups in melodic rock/metal music, even in Germany. Some musicians play in every fourth band it seems, and it's funny how even this Kiske thing intertwines into Helloween somehow. I mean, he just visited Trick or Treat's new album (former Helloween cover band), and now he's in a band consisting mostly of Pink Cream 69's musicians to the degree it's basically Pink Cream 69, the Second (Deris sang in PC69 before joining Helloween).
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Everything Kiske was in can be somehow linked back to Helloween.