Swedish woman 'murdered' by elk.

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeonVomit

Swedish woman 'murdered' by elk.

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Sweden woman's 'murder' committed by elk not husband

A Swedish man who was arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife has been cleared, after police decided she was probably killed by an elk.

Ingemar Westlund, aged 68, found the dead body of his wife Agneta, 63, by a lake close to the village of Loftahammer in September 2008.

He was immediately arrested and held in police custody for 10 days.

Now the case has been dropped after forensic analysis found elk hair and saliva on his wife's clothes.

Mr Westlund told Expressen newspaper: "My family and I have been dragged through a nightmare."

His wife had last been seen taking the family dog out for a walk in the forest. When she failed to return her husband went out to look for her.

Although the murder investigation was dropped five months ago, details have only just emerged and the police plan to hold a news conference next week to explain what happened.

The European elk, or moose, is usually considered to be shy and will normally run away from humans. But Swedish Radio International says the animals can become aggressive after eating fermented fallen apples in gardens.
What I Have Learned Today: Swedish elks are aggressive when drunk.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Shurik

Re: Swedish woman 'murdered' by elk.

Post by Shurik » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Reaction from Nathan Explosion of Dethklok's fame:
"Brutal song title - Murdered By Elk!""
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 am

Was the elk a male? was it in a state of runting?
Any animal that is in that biological state can be more aggressive than usual. And, that is NO joke!
Be that as it may, what can they do to the poor animal? Make elk steaks from it? Its a sad situation, indeed.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:33 am

speaking of animals killing humans, was the horse who raped and killed Mr. Hands executed? :?