Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by ggonza43 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:06 pm

pneumonia wrote:And Kai- stop smoking! :)
It's so sad all great singers smoke: They ruin they career and life
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
DawnIsHere
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by DawnIsHere » Thu May 27, 2010 6:21 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
pneumonia wrote:And Kai- stop smoking! :)
It's so sad all great singers smoke: They ruin they career and life
True for they who smoke, but not all great singers do. Timo doesn't.
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

TimoToikki
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by TimoToikki » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 pm

DawnIsHere wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
pneumonia wrote:And Kai- stop smoking! :)
It's so sad all great singers smoke: They ruin they career and life
True for they who smoke, but not all great singers do. Timo doesn't.
Timo is not great :) He should just sing in Disney films.

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 pm

TimoToikki wrote:
DawnIsHere wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
pneumonia wrote:And Kai- stop smoking! :)
It's so sad all great singers smoke: They ruin they career and life
True for they who smoke, but not all great singers do. Timo doesn't.
Timo is not great :) He should just sing in Disney films.
SHUT THE FUCK UP TOIKKI!! Don't turn serious topics into a fucking spam

To pneumonia, that's totally true. I was just saying that mostly all great singers smoke, but of course there are some exceptions :). And BTW, how ironic your nick name is for this topic :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Intiaani
Sr. Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by Intiaani » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:30 am

Most great singers definitely DON'T smoke. Such makes them be less great. o.O Perhaps many guys in rock and metal circles though...
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

User avatar
pneumonia
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:51 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by pneumonia » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 am

I've listened to this CD few times more and I think it is a good album, but... in Poland we say "the good is an enemy of better". I mean if i.e Hammerfall or Sabaton (which produce mediocre music) wrote "To the Metal" I would say awesome, but for Gamma Ray, i say "you can do better :)"

Sorry Hammerfall and Sabaton fans :)

Drinking can damage voice too (and Kai is not a water-drinker), I imagine what have Tobias done with his quite nice voice (now I can't listen to him)

User avatar
Intiaani
Sr. Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by Intiaani » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:03 am

pneumonia wrote:I've listened to this CD few times more and I think it is a good album, but... in Poland we say "the good is an enemy of better". I mean if i.e Hammerfall or Sabaton (which produce mediocre music) wrote "To the Metal" I would say awesome, but for Gamma Ray, i say "you can do better :)"

Sorry Hammerfall and Sabaton fans :)

Drinking can damage voice too (and Kai is not a water-drinker), I imagine what have Tobias done with his quite nice voice (now I can't listen to him)
I agree almost with the whole message. :o Sammet's become so much darker and more forced in the last few years. I thought it's because he wants to sing with more raspy and less clean technique, but alcohol might change the voice to that (worse) direction as well. I haven't thought about that... does he drink much, and what alcohol? I can still listen to him, though. He still has loads of power. I've never been a fan of his over-the-top vibrato and timbre of his voice anyway though. :P Personal style but just not my thing.

HammerFall have quite lost it at least from the debut and Crimson Thunder days, while, I imagine, Sabaton are getting better and better. I haven't heard their new album but they're getting great reviews all the time. Not my favorite band either, though, so it would be awesome if either of these two bands managed to put on a record as good as To the Metal is. :P I don't even think To the Metal is bad in the superb Gamma Ray level...
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Post Reply