Germans' asylum bid in America exposes the EU gulag

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Festung Europa 2010: Myth or Reality?

Reality
29%
Myth
71%
Undecided
No votes
Idle hands are the devil's workshop- Herr Tolkki's handiwork for sure.
No votes

Total votes: 7

miditek
Germans' asylum bid in America exposes the EU gulag

Post by miditek » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:24 pm

We haven't had German refugees in America since 1933 until now. Looks like the Krauts are getting back on the (internal) warpath once again. I knew that their Teutonic blood would start boiling again after a couple of generations separated from WWII.

First they banned the Scientologists (which I'll admit really didn't bother me), but now the homeschoolers?

Before we see any cracks in this thread about Christian fanaticism, I have a former business partner (and ex-Navy systems admin) that is about as secular as they come, but he and his wife chose to homeschool their two boys in order to ensure that they were educated rather than indoctrinated.

German homeschoolers' political asylum in America exposes the EU Gulag

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geral ... -eu-gulag/
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Re: Germans' asylum bid in America exposes the EU gulag

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 pm

"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm

:huh: Is Michael Dorn a German? ???

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 pm

That offers a useful insight into how Americans, living in a free country, view the creeping totalitarianism that has engulfed Europe.
Wow. Just wow.

I don't know what reasons Germans had for banning homeschooling, but it does seem like a really stupid idea. That article however is just a pure paranoid piece of Scheiße.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Image
aaaaaaand
/topic

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Oh, yes... I so much dislike to live here. It's unbelievable. It's so unfair.

Btw, Bissingen is 5 minutes per bike from where I grew up and lived for 20 years. Really, we are stuck in the middle ages there. Swabia is so much underdeveloped and behind.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm

I've heard people eat each other in Westphalia. Is this true?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 pm

I don't know. I have never been there. It's a 3-weeks-journey to get there, you know...

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:06 am

Do bears walk freely on your streets?

Oh wait, that's another country ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:26 am

Shurik wrote:Do bears walk freely on your streets?

Alaska? ???

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 am

Don't even dare to come even further from the German boarder. East Europe is even worse! Our communist proselysts will persuade your partiarchist people turn against your belowed country and capitalism!
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Shurik wrote:Do bears walk freely on your streets?

Alaska? ???
Beg, you really don't have to go to Alaska to see bears roaming about. There is a girl that I work with that lives out in the country with her husband (who is, by the way, an American Indian and ex-Marine sniper) and their place is like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!

Their house is situated in a farming community, and near a bunch of mountains, and since they moved in to the house last summer, they have had to deal with:

- Red wolves
- Coyotes
- Mountain lions
- wild boar

- and yes, black bears, one of which was scratching its ass on the husband's car (and who was none to happy about that) before he ran outside with a British .308 rifle and chased the bear away! My co-worker won't even go to the mailbox without her Beretta M92 strapped on! :D

The coyotes are like scavengers, and have destroyed some of their neighbor's cows- which at $20k per animal, is not easy for a working family to absorb. I'm currently looking to purchase an M-14 rifle and put a civilian model thermal scope on it, and then loan it to the husband to help out his neighbor, since the coyotes typically are on the prowl at night. An ex-Marine with an M-14 and thermal scope should most definitely make short work out of the coyotes!

At least we live in a country where civilians are allowed to defend themselves from both criminals as well as critters! ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:06 am

you could be so kind to get a fence or another animal for protection.
its one thing to kill when your life depends on it, but another to kill because your just too lazy to take care of your property or adapt to a natural environment.
if its 20k for a cow, i don't think it would be so much to buy a fence for protection, a dog can be one way to protect the stock as well.

i would much rather families used a dog to protect from coyotes, there are certainly breeds that have been breed for that purpose, it helps keep animals alive and gives the family a companion as well

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:48 am

icecab21 wrote:you could be so kind to get a fence or another animal for protection.
its one thing to kill when your life depends on it, but another to kill because your just too lazy to take care of your property or adapt to a natural environment.
if its 20k for a cow, i don't think it would be so much to buy a fence for protection, a dog can be one way to protect the stock as well.

i would much rather families used a dog to protect from coyotes, there are certainly breeds that have been breed for that purpose, it helps keep animals alive and gives the family a companion as well
The farming family has a fence- (and they also have kids as well)- besides, coyotes run in packs, and a single dog wouldn't have much of a chance against them- or a bear, boar, or mountain lion for that matter.

The red wolves are protected, but can usually be chased off with a warning shot, as can some of the other animals- but the coyotes are very, very persistent and are quite overpopulated in this area.

The black bears are also scavengers- they typically like to knock garbage cans over, and are typically shy, but there was a rare (and horrible) attack two years ago that killed another co-worker's seven year old little sister while they were camping near the lake at a state park.

Most people around here don't want to shoot the wildlife but will if it is necessary to do so. Other people (usually out of towners) are known to do stupid things like feeding the bears in nearby state parks, which is a definite no-no.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Well, I live kinda out in the boonies, so we have our share of wildlife. Foxes, raccoons, and, yes, even coyotes. I saw one once, kinda like a shepard dog, but solid gray. There is lots of rabbits so coyotes love to hunt those. And, I'm not parodying a cartoon, thats just how it really is! At least we don't have wolves, those can be dangerous to livestock.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 am

a couple of dogs are more aling with what i was thinking of. i know that people use a couple of dogs for polar bear protection. i have not quite looked at the number that is best, but i know people use dogs for protection successfully against coyotes and wolves and all. plenty of farms that use their dogs for protection, flocking, companionship, and education. some of these breeds have such thick coats the preditor bites don't even get to them

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/livestck.html