Jesper Strömblad leaves In Flames

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Guitarist Jesper Strömblad has officially quit Swedish metallers IN FLAMES. He says in a statement, "I have decided it is best for me to leave IN FLAMES and to quit the band permanently.

"The last 17 years have been a blast, and I am proud to have been part of this great journey, with the most talented and amazing people anyone can wish to have the privilege to work with. I'm also the luckiest guy in the world, to have the BEST fans in the world, who have been supporting me during my difficult times. It means the world to me, and I'm determined to fight and defeat my demons once and for all…. and by the help from you guys, I'm on my way.

"I'm far from done with music, metal, or whatever my direction is taking me, so be sure to hear from me in the future."

The remaining members of IN FLAMES have released the following statement regarding Jesper's decision to leave the band:

"We are losing a great guitar player and musician, but in order to keep a very dear friend this is probably for the best. If this feels right for Jesper, we are behind him 100% on his decision.

"It is way too early to speculate about the future and possible replacements and things like that. However, we can assure you that IN FLAMES will continue as a band, release albums and tour the world.

"The door to IN FLAMES is always open to Jesper. We are, and will always be, behind Jesper 100% on his way to recovery."
Holy shit! This one really came out of the blue! There goes the last founding member. :shock:

Rebel

Re: Jesper Strömblad leaves In Flames

Post by Rebel » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:14 am

:O Shiiiit

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:08 am

Very talented guy. And yes, this is totally unexpected. Although I didn't care for the last couple albums, they're a good band, I did get a the chance to see them live a few years ago and they were great. Clayman is such a cool album, actually I just bought it again today, it was one of the many CDs I sold when I moved to the US.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:09 am

How did that happen, did they set him on fire? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:14 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
How did that happen, did they set him on fire? :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MetalVixen

Post by MetalVixen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 pm

:(

well at least it was on good terms, and there will be more In Flames to come :twisted:
I kept hearing that metal is dead and Ozzy's dead and people that like Ozzy are dead. I have never had an empty seat. I've always sold out, so who's saying it's all over?
- Ozzy Osbourne

Paola

Post by Paola » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:58 am

I can't believe it. :cry:
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol: