Facebook groups actually work

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Shurik
Facebook groups actually work

Post by Shurik » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:38 am

Here's the story - Metallica is supposed to come here on May 22nd and play on some stadium in Tel-Aviv. From my experience on Depeche Mode concert, this stadium is a crappy place for concerts, because you can't hear or see anything if you stand farther than half a field or bought a ticket to the seats.
So we all waited for the details and they came app. a week ago - the field was divided into 3 equal parts and the prices were 1200, 900 and 600 NIS ($325, $245, $165 respectively). The prices for the seats ranged from 600 to 300 NIS. Those prices are fucking insane and mostly unprecedented even in my country - Paul McCartney, Madonna, Depeche Mode, Roger Waters all cost less than that. I paid $~110 to see Depeche Mode in the very same place about a year ago. Metal concerts usually cost around $45-$65 (Draconian, Korpiklaani and Finntroll cost in the lower range, Dream Theater and such in the higher).

So here's the main part - a facebook group was created for all those who decided to boycott the concert until the prices were lowered to something more manageable. More than 7500 people joined in just a few days and this story leaked into many metal news sites, for example:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=135972
And it actually somewhat worked:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=136067

the prices are still higher than I'm personally prepared to pay for Metallica concert, so I'll pass. Megadeth are supposed to come here few weeks after that and that's where I'll be.

So the moral of the story - it never hurts to try.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose