The Most Difficult Stratovarius Song

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
lalodrums2
The Most Difficult Stratovarius Song

Post by lalodrums2 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:59 am

Hi E-Friends first of all I'm sorry if this post is stupid weird dumb or something like that for some of you, I do apologize.

But i love stratovarius not because of its complexity (as some friends that i have who like dream theater and dragon force because of the same reason, i'm not like that) in the interpretation of the musical instruments but for the essence of the whole band (lyrics + creativity, etc). I love this band very much for lots of other reasons, and just for curiosity i would like to know which song is the most difficult to play on each intrument (even the voice).

For example, i'm a drummer and IMO one of the hardest on the drums is "find your own voice" i'm amazed about that particular song.

What do you guys think about Guitar, Bass, Keyboard and Voice?

Cheers from Monterrey Mexico and have an awesome week everyone! :)

Lalodrums

AGAG

Re: The Most Difficult Stratovarius Song

Post by AGAG » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:39 am

On a very humble point of view, I'd rather point out the simplicity of the keyboards in every stratovarius song. I think the basic harmonic foudnation of, say, "Black diamond" remains pretty basic even for 3 years old children that begin to play the piano because their parents leave them alone in their houses, then they just bang the shit out of it and something semi-pleasant comes out. That's the way key solos are made in stratovarius.. The solos just sound cool because of the monophonic polyphony that distinguishes jens lead patch's envelope. By the way... have you noticed the fact that Jens NEVER changes the model of his keyboard... it has been DX7 for around two or three centuries. Just thanks to millions of deaths in the cold war he finally agreed to change his set to a mighty DX7II. On the other hand, I find the opposite in some ABBA songs, the keyboards in there are the work of a genious. On the overalls, I think Bill Evans would give Stratovarius the sentimental touch it needs keys-wise, and Jonas hellborg would signify a great advance in this sort of masturbatory bass/guitar playing that suits well only during intercourse. And of course, the most difficult song on keys is Speed of light.
---...---

adrian9

Re: The Most Difficult Stratovarius Song

Post by adrian9 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:03 pm

hey!
hay muchas formas de ver esto compa, que significa para ti dificil¿
tecnica o velocidad?

creo que find your own voice es la mas dificil en todos los niveles, voz, bajo , guitarra, bateria, teclados..

pero "metal frenzy" del disco Twilight time es bien dificil en la bateria, igual "030366", hay otras mas que se me escapan ahora! saludos!

(first time ever I post in my mother language, what a relief:D)
A9