nightwish - imagnarium

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
music credo
nightwish - imagnarium

Post by music credo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:58 pm

The long awaited update from Nightwish is there, about their new album... and more, because it is a huge project!

http://musiccredo.wordpress.com/2011/02 ... lm-concept

adrian9

Re: nightwish - imagnarium

Post by adrian9 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 pm

nightwishdotcom wrote:NIGHTWISH REVEALS THE CONCEPT FOR NEXT ALBUM:

In the midst of recording a new album, Nightwish has been preparing a movie.

"Imaginarium" is a music fantasy - film based on the forthcoming Nightwish album of the same title and its 13 songs.

The protagonist of the film is a songwriter with an otherworldly imagination. He is an old man who still thinks he`s a young boy. While asleep he travels into his distant past where his dreams of old come back to him mixed to the young boy`s world of fantasy and music.

In his dreams the old man fights to find the memories most important to him.

This never-done-before project originates to more than two years in the past when Tuomas first introduced his ambitious idea of the Imaginarium - concept to the fellow band members and to Mr. Stobe Harju, the director behind "The Islander" - music video. He will be the director of this full-length feature. The film will be produced by Solar Films Inc. together with Nightwish.
The shootings for "Imaginarium" will begin this spring, it will have its premiere in 2012 and the album it`s based on will be released in an undefined point in time.

Nightwish will hold a press conference related to this project at the end of February.
Im really exicted about this, since nightwish is one of my faves, and ever since tarja was out of the band I like them much more (the opposite of most people I believe) and fuck im gonna check it and probably buy it. but what really kills me is.......

This never-done-before
This never-done-before
This never-done-before
This never-done-before
This never-done-before

yeah right......maybe in finland.
A9

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Album names that end on "ium"

Trendsetters... :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 am

awsome.

the never before done part is funny, because of the wall, and because that does not make it any better for being the first. it's the quality that matters, not how many times a broad concept has been done.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 am

icecab21 wrote:awsome.

the never before done part is funny, because of the wall, and because that does not make it any better for being the first. it's the quality that matters, not how many times a broad concept has been done.
I have no doubts that this shit is goint to be amazing...but of course there are a long lists of movie/albums done before,the most famous one..."west side history" in 70s so....is done and old.
A9

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:08 am

Imagine if Nightwish was weed

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNUjClJked8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNUjClJked8?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>
---...---

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 pm

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:46 am

Derpanarium

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Kecos wrote:
I think Mendeleev started that trend with the periodic table :roll:
Oh, is that right????? :wink:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm

latin suffix was started in latin language thousands of years ago

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 am

icecab21 wrote:latin suffix was started in latin language thousands of years ago
But pipiles don't give a shit

---...---

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 am

Another album on my list
metal feeds the beast

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Resignation announcement from Marko:
Dear people. I am leaving Nightwish and my public life.
For a quite a few years now I haven’t been able to feel validated by this life. We have streaming company big guns demanding 9/5 work from artists of inspiration while unfairly sharing the profits. Even among the artists. We’re the banana republic of the music industry. Biggest tour promoters squeeze percentages even from our own merchandise while paying dividends to Middle East. Apparently some theocrasies can take the money from the music that would get you beheaded or jailed there without appearing as hypocrites. Just a couple of examples here.
This past year forced me to stay home and think. And I found myself very disillusioned about these and a lot of things. I found out that I am in need of that validation. For me to write, sing and play, I need to find some new reasons and inspirations. ”My Walden” so to speak. And it’s even in my book that I’m a chronic depressive. It’s dangerous for me and the people around me, if I continue. Some of the thoughts a while back were dark. Don’t worry, I’m fine. I have my two sons, a wife, the rest of the family, friends, a dog and lots of love.
And I don’t think that I’ll be gone for good.
Conspiracy is the word of the day. For the people who like them I need to say that my 55th birthday is now on 14th of Jan and I’ve certainly done my time for now. Blaming for instance Tuomas is an insult to both him and my free thinking. This is a very sad thing to all of us too. Have a care please.
But of course now we’ll know, if some go there on purpose.
There are a couple of things agreed on that I will do on 2021. Otherwise I kindly and with respect ask the media, bands, artists projects etc. to not ask me for anything within the next year. I have some reinventing to do. I hope to tell you about it on 2022. It’s not a promise though.
I am so sorry about this.
Marko Hietala
P.S. Tony Iommi is an exception to the “no contact whatsoever”. Childhood hero takes a precedence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Marko`s resignation has left us with some difficult decisions and choices to be made. After much thought and consideration, we have, in mutual understanding, decided to perform the upcoming 'Human. :II: Nature. -world tour' as planned, but with a session bass player.
The live line-up will be announced at a later date.
We respect Marko`s decision and wish him all the very best. We will not comment any further."
Nightwish

Markko bassist, go away.... nightwish never will be the same band...

first tarja, now markko.... it's nightwish finding his end time?

what do you think

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm

what do you think
They haven't been the same for ages anyway. I never was that big fan of Nightwish, but sure Marko leaving is a shame, I mostly liked the songs where he did some vocals.

Anyway, big respect to Marko for telling his views about messed up music industry. World needs more of those who are not afraid to say it.
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

Motha-faka

Post by Motha-faka » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:04 pm
Motha-faka wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:07 pm

what do you think
They haven't been the same for ages anyway. I never was that big fan of Nightwish, but sure Marko leaving is a shame, I mostly liked the songs where he did some vocals.

Anyway, big respect to Marko for telling his views about messed up music industry. World needs more of those who are not afraid to say it.
and now, when timo tolkki said in the 2011 that the music market is going to hell, and some guys post it in this forum, and some members jumped fucked becouse told it timo tolkki, he had reason, the music market is going to hell, really :err:

I think that timo tolkki is not a complete idiot like guys in this forum says, in some part, timo tolkki have reason, not in all but is not the only musician that said that the music market is dieying slowly... jens johansson told it in the nightwith post, gene simons, the bassist of kiss, timo tolkki, marko and some more... :err:

robocop

Post by robocop » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 am

Time cums for them all. Back in the day bands cried over Waaaaa!! Waaa!! People are copying our tapes!! How are we gonna make money? :lol:
You have to fucking adapt anyway you find. There’s about 420 billion other kids trying to do the same thing now tho, so... good luck with it. Tolkki or whoever I don’t give a shit. Any success is temporary luck for most people.

Frank Zappa was asked if he was worried about people copying his music back in the cassette tape days. He said, “I should start to be worried if they DON’T want to copy my music.”

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 am

Is the music industry killing the music industry? :shock:

Also, how tf do you find these old threads lmao
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Robocop 2.0

Post by Robocop 2.0 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 pm

robocop wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 am
Time cums for them all. Back in the day bands cried over Waaaaa!! Waaa!! People are copying our tapes!! How are we gonna make money? :lol:
You have to fucking adapt anyway you find. There’s about 420 billion other kids trying to do the same thing now tho, so... good luck with it. Tolkki or whoever I don’t give a shit. Any success is temporary luck for most people.

Frank Zappa was asked if he was worried about people copying his music back in the cassette tape days. He said, “I should start to be worried if they DON’T want to copy my music.”
Interestingly enough, Hietala didn't make exactly small money. But is it small money when we look at how big and known band Nightwish actually is? Yeah, definitely. We have Finnish rappers that nobody listens to outside of Finland and that doesn't tour abroad (and therefore get to be with their families way more) and they make "much more" money. Of course the expenses and all are different when it comes to a lot of things, won't start talking about that stuff now.

I could imagine that rather successful artists who have been around for a while, are very pissed off about how music streaming services handle money side of the things. They are the ones who were around when physical releases sold well. Those services surely significantly reduced the amount of ILLEGAL downloading, but how I see it, also made "downloading" part of almost everyone's life.

We had (have, it just changed owners) this service online where people could order their pizza and other food. The service took (and likely still takes) ridiculous amount of shares from sold meals, and eventually it became so big, that if one pizzeria didn't sign a deal with this service, the other restaurants would have big advandage over them. Because all the people just directly went to that site. Just as people do with Spotify.
Temporary forum account of SatanicSmile (my own account is likely locked, can't get pass recovery email for some reason)

Thanks Robocop!

robocop

Post by robocop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:30 am

Robocop 2.0 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 pm
robocop wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 am

Interestingly enough, Hietala didn't make exactly small money. But is it small money when we look at how big and known band Nightwish actually is? Yeah, definitely. We have Finnish rappers that nobody listens to outside of Finland and that doesn't tour abroad (and therefore get to be with their families way more) and they make "much more" money. Of course the expenses and all are different when it comes to a lot of things, won't start talking about that stuff now.

I could imagine that rather successful artists who have been around for a while, are very pissed off about how music streaming services handle money side of the things. They are the ones who were around when physical releases sold well. Those services surely significantly reduced the amount of ILLEGAL downloading, but how I see it, also made "downloading" part of almost everyone's life.

We had (have, it just changed owners) this service online where people could order their pizza and other food. The service took (and likely still takes) ridiculous amount of shares from sold meals, and eventually it became so big, that if one pizzeria didn't sign a deal with this service, the other restaurants would have big advandage over them. Because all the people just directly went to that site. Just as people do with Spotify.
It all can get so complicated...

It is that argument that blah blah you shouldn't be in it for the money. Well, as people get older you realize have to pay some goddamn bills. :lol:
I can also see how he was coddled in a world of big profits, one of the biggest names around really for that type of music, and seeing any kind of losing of money could probably drive a man nuts. We aren't talking some 22 year old kid, he's in his 50s with family anyway. I always talk out my ass but I can see it both ways. One way you should have (I mean if you're in a struggling band) multiple sources of income so if one fails you're not stuck, other way is just do it for the love and not be lost in the money part.