A new album I'm working on

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
PowerMetalFox73
A new album I'm working on

Post by PowerMetalFox73 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:02 am

Heya! man, its been years since I've posted here, I'm surprised this place is still active. Anyway, I'm currently working on my third album, titled "Stories". A concept album where each song is about or inspired by a video game.

I currently have 2 songs done.

"Time", which is about a story continuation of the game "Night in the Woods": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Su7swh2AI

and "Soulless", which is a 20+ minute epic about how Asriel became Flowey in the game "Undertale": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-hevx67mI

Let me know what you think!

doc_holliday

Re: A new album I'm working on

Post by doc_holliday » Wed May 22, 2019 6:07 pm

I like them! I didn't take the time to entirely listen to the second song, but I like the 10 minutes I listened.

Why am I the only one who appreciates hard work and good music in this forum?

SentineLEX

Re: A new album I'm working on

Post by SentineLEX » Mon May 27, 2019 7:17 am

Time is fucking lit. I love what you've done to your voice, that little bit of reverb. I've never played either game you mention here, but between the spacy vocals, the sawtooth (I think?) solo, the polyrhythms + general prog vibe, and the content of the lyrics, this reminds me a lot of some of the longer Ayreon songs like Isis and Osiris.

Gonna be honest by the time I find the time to chug down a 27-minute song I'll probably have forgotten about this post, but one day the moons will align and I'll listen to that one too.