Tolkki vs. Romeo

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
FakeTolkki
Re: Tolkki vs. Romeo

Post by FakeTolkki » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 am

well....first of all....romeu has a better tecniche and evribody knows it.....but tolkki is but better than all of you think....first you have to see him live to know what he casn do and i saw it twice....he is a great guitar.....in many ways he surpasses petrucci....and he is way better than kirk hammet and i say it because i saw kirk twice live to....and here is the last thing, i know lots of friends who can play malmsteen, strato, symphony x and there goes on, i think that all those guitar players that we are talking about can play in lots of different ways but it doesnt goes the way they want to sound, and tolkki can do different things like in blackout (scorpions cover) for exemple....the great difference that tolkki have its his personality on the guitar....like when i listen to an outstanding guitar player like michael angelou (the fastest ever) i have to think a lot to know whos playing because he sounds just like all the others great guitar players, but when i listen to tolkki music i know that its his music because its unique....so thats what really matters....HAIL TO TOLKKI :twisted:

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Romeo didn't start really learning guitar until he was 18!

Source: Michael Romeo on youtube

I like Timo better because of his emotional playing. Romeo however is probably more skilled on the instrument. They are both fat, however so they probably both like food alot.

Fuuso

Post by Fuuso » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

I prefer Tolkki. I've never really liked Symphony X or Romeo...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:13 pm

warrencurrymetal wrote: I like Timo better because of his emotional playing. Romeo however is probably more skilled on the instrument. They are both fat, however so they probably both like food alot.
The only way to figure out who is better is to get them both on stage at the same time. However, this is not possible due to structural limitations. :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Romeo has better skills at the guitar, Tolkki has more emotion while playing
I'm sorry to differ, but some years ago I would have chosen Tolkki; Romeo, you've got my vote :)
|StratoFan Forever|

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 am

As much as I love Tolkki's playing, Romeo is a beast in another level. And Romeo can pull off some great emotional songs. Most guitar players can tell, Strato songs = Hard, Symphony X = Master level of playing.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

MetalVixen

Post by MetalVixen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

I hate to say it, but technically Romeo
I kept hearing that metal is dead and Ozzy's dead and people that like Ozzy are dead. I have never had an empty seat. I've always sold out, so who's saying it's all over?
- Ozzy Osbourne

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:00 pm

I think Timo would win in a fight, but I don't think that match would be pay per view worthy

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:33 am

the problem I have with romeo is that he sounds too much like Ynwgie.
Im not saying he is rippin off but the overall sound is too close to what Y.J.Malmsteem does.

Tolkki sounds like Tolkki

Just that alone would balance the duel to Tolkki´s Side in my humble opinion.
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Romeo sounds like Malmsteem?! Ha ha, that was a good one :?
|StratoFan Forever|