Premonitory dreams

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Kain_Xiorcal
Premonitory dreams

Post by Kain_Xiorcal » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:36 am

It's been onto me for so long... it's hard you know...
Last edited by Kain_Xiorcal on Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elements

Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by Elements » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:34 am

Serious post.

And it is interesting to me.

I think if you take a more logical rather than emotional look at it, the brain simply pieces together occurances from the past and forms extrapolations of what will occur. I have lost count of the times I have dreamt something to have it happen the next day. At first I found it odd, but on reflection it seems obvious why if you retrace the steps as it were.

I'll go back to talking about boobies and playing in my sandpit now.

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:53 am

I had some kind of Premonitory Dreams too !
I think in fact is like a Astral Projection, so we can fly to the future & see what will gonna happen !?
I had strange experiences too !
I also had Dreams with some friends that when we talked about it we verify that we had the same kind of Dreams & was like we had meeted in our Dreams !
Anyway I do believe in Premonitory Dreams !
I just Hope that this site don't be close 'cause I had a bad dream about this ! :( :buh:

Lava

Post by Lava » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:15 am

I believe in premonitory dreams, too! I just don't know if in our dreams we can read what is written if it's written to happen! All I know is that sometimes it can become a real torment because the worst thing is to see your nightmares come true either if they have to do with you, or not! I have met many people in my dreams! People that I met a day after in the reality, a week after, or a month after... And I already knew those people from my dreams! It's amazing! Isn't it? The funny thing is that a few years ago I dreamed that I was eating eggs and when I woke up, there were two eggs in a dish, waiting for me to eat them!!! :lol: Do you remember your dreams after months or years? I can say that I remember the most of them! A few days ago I dreamed of a bloodbath... And since I woke up I had a very bad feeling for the whole day! So, even if I don't use to watch the news because I get really disappointed from what happens around us, something pushed me to do it! I must tell you that the bloodbath I dreamed of was real, so, imagine how I felt...
'...Verilko sot skefre!
Ae ske stoulega gil stouvol!'

Lava

Post by Lava » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:20 am

My dreams are premonitory, either if I like it, or not! Every night I see at least one premonitory dream... And it's not only my dreams... Sometimes I have visions, too...
'...Verilko sot skefre!

ladyofeternity

Re: Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:27 am

Lava wrote:
I have met many people in my dreams! People that I met a day after in the reality, a week after, or a month after... And I already knew those people from my dreams! Do you remember your dreams after months or years? I can say that I remember the most of them!

Yeah this happens to me too, & I remember very well some Dreams, principally that ones that I had met a special person for me =P ;)
The funny is that some Dreams are so Real that I can't forget & I think some of these Dreams in fact are Astral Projections, I also had telepathic Dreams, I don't know how to explain but I ever had Dreams with the same persons & sometimes is like we live in a parallel Universe !? Maybe another Dimension !? :eek: :err:

Lava

Re: Re: Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by Lava » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:33 am

ladyofeternity wrote:
Lava wrote:
I have met many people in my dreams! People that I met a day after in the reality, a week after, or a month after... And I already knew those people from my dreams! Do you remember your dreams after months or years? I can say that I remember the most of them!

Yeah this happens to me too, & I remember very well some Dreams, principally that ones that I had met a special person for me =P ;)
The funny is that some Dreams are so Real that I can't forget & I think some of these Dreams in fact are Astral Projections, I also had telepathic Dreams, I don't know how to explain but I ever had Dreams with the same persons & sometimes is like we live in a parallel Universe !? Maybe another Dimension !? :eek: :err:
Yeah, I could say that, too! It'sreally strange! One more weird and funny thing that happened to me is that one night I dreamed of a phone number! So, when I woke up I called this number and I asked to talk to the guy I dreamed of, but they told me that he would be there later!!! :err: Isn't it amazing?!?!? A few nights ago I had a discussion with a dead woman... No, I didn't feel fear at all! Sometimes I use to dream of dead people too, but now I discovered that I can talk with them, too! It's growin' bigger and bigger and to be haunest the only reason why I feel a little bit scared is that I don't know if this is good or not...
'...Verilko sot skefre!

ladyofeternity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:40 am

Lava wrote:
A few nights ago I had a discussion with a dead woman... No, I didn't feel fear at all! Sometimes I use to dream of dead people too, but now I discovered that I can talk with them, too! It's growin' bigger and bigger and to be haunest the only reason why I feel a little bit scared is that I don't know if this is good or not...
This is scared :err: I don't want to talk with dead people !
But I had some sensations about this things, I don't like that ! :err:

Lava

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by Lava » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:56 am

ladyofeternity wrote:
Lava wrote:
A few nights ago I had a discussion with a dead woman... No, I didn't feel fear at all! Sometimes I use to dream of dead people too, but now I discovered that I can talk with them, too! It's growin' bigger and bigger and to be haunest the only reason why I feel a little bit scared is that I don't know if this is good or not...
This is scared :err: I don't want to talk with dead people !
But I had some sensations about this things, I don't like that ! :err:
As an idea it was scaring me too and I didn't want it to happen! But when it happened, I must tell you that I didn't feel fear at all!
'...Verilko sot skefre!

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:00 am

It happens every now and then that I have such dreams. Ever so often I go "oh crap, I've dreamt this before!".
One specific dream I remember was going to a store and buying a CD by a band I never heard of. Sure enough, one year later I went into a store, found a cheap CD, bought it and didn't think more of it. Only when I got home I realised the cover looked like I have dreamt it, and the band was of course the same.
I don't really believe in such phenomena, so somehow I must have heard and seen of this band and album before. I could swear I hadn't, but somehow, somewhere...but it's interesting nevertheless.

On a related note, however, Nostradamus was a fraud. I have read his texts and they are so incredibly vague they could mean just about anything. Not only are they vague, but most of the quatrains used words from several languages (such as Latin and French), so people translating them today would of course be inclined to translate them in such a way that they best fit some event.
Just a funny example, but right after September 11, a text credited to Nostradamus started circling the web that supposedly predicted the attacks, since it mentioned two towers and their burning. However, this text was NOT written by Nostradamus, it was written as part of an article by a college student in 1990 to prove just how vague Nostradamus' predictions were!
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:38 pm

I think Nostradamus simply got a large chunk of his writings from the Bible, paraphrased them, and claimed the writings were entirely his.....at least thats how it seems to me.

But, yes, I believe people can have premonitory dreams. Sometimes I've had a feeling of deja vu, only to remember that I had dreamed about it in the preceding days.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Taim

Post by Taim » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:51 pm

Yes, I had this kind of dreams too
I only wish I could remember my dreams better. Sometimes I think I should be writening them down just after I wake up. It happens too often that when I wake up I recall my dream it was so great, I think I have to remember it, then I go to bathroom, I still think of it, and later I go downstairs, wanting to tell someone about it and I realize I forgot it. Quite frustrating.
And, damn, few days ago I had a dream, thet there were some guys trying to rob my house, but I got them in the way and killed them, enjoying it and having no remorses later. Shit, what is going on with me :err:
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Allison

Post by Allison » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:41 pm

OK - bear with me please, this will be a long post as I am answering several people. :) And trying to do it in an organised fashion at the same time. ;)

KAIN:

Nice topic - thanks for starting it.
What you describe is quite commonplace occurrance. I get it happening too - just mundane off the wall shit like once in the dream i was looking at my watch and it said 8:33am and woke up and the clock said 8:33am. For what reason I don't know. The spiritual world is not always freaky and dramatic and deep as people sometimes expect it to be - it's more often than not very mundane. These mundane irrelevant sort of premonition dreams - best as I can fathom - is just your subconscious mind exercising itself.

As for people and events - that is real premonition - or intuition if you like. I have that happen a lot. And yes, you DO have the option to change the event. Intuition is something that should never be ignored. My mother is extremely intuitive, as most Sagittarians are, but does nothing with it.

I can't tell you what your dreams mean Kain - the only one who can do that is yourself. But what I can tell you is that you are definitely communicating on a higher level of consciousness and can only advise that you use your intuition to your own advantage - that's wht it's there for. There's no guarantee that every vision is going to be pleasant either. but be ever mindful that you are in control of the outcome.

I don't personally believe that life is totally pre-written. Maybe certain aspects to a limited degree are but for the most part we are totally in control - and fully accountable - of and for ourselves. The changes to be made are not to be made within the dream but in the conscious world - the event itself. With dreams, the real symbolism - the real message is not in what's in the foreground - it's the environment and smaller details that the important information is extracted from. Don't look at what's in front of you - look at what's around you. ;)

Well, as for Nostradamus, far more of his predictions have NOT come to pass than actually have. People can manipulate those quatrains to read anything they like and I am totally sure that in the (Christian) translation of them originally, a lot was manipulated for the ulterior motives of the church. It's interesting bit of history to read, but from an occult point of view it is not very credible.
Like: Is the dream only reading a already written script or is the dream writting the script as it goes?
Yes and no as I have experienced both types. It is all totally dependent on who we encounter in the astral plane. sometimes we get messages, sometimes warnings sometime just information. We exist on 2 planes simultaneously. the physical plane - where our physical body exists and the astral plane - where our soul (aura) exists. Our auras are being tapped all the time and if you have lucid dreams, this can get overwhelming, especially if it happens at an inopportune time or place. what we experience on the astral plane manifests itself to us in the form of dreams.
It's been onto me for so long... it's hard you know...
I understand completely, but you have got a gift here and it's NOT going to go away so you need to harness it and use it to your advantage or make it your prison :) There is absolutely nothing to fear from these experiences. :) Feel free to PM or e-mail me anytime if I can be of help. :)

ELEMENTS:

Yes, what you said there is a very good summarisation.

LADY OF ETERNITY:

well, it's not quite as sensational in reality as you described and most of the time, premonition dreams are just telling us what's happening in the here and now or giving information from the past.
I had strange experiences too !
I also had Dreams with some friends that when we talked about it we verify that we had the same kind of Dreams & was like we had meeted in our Dreams !
ok - now THIS I have had happen - and with friends from other countries sometimes. And it's just mundane shit like standing at a bus stop talking or sitting in a house. It's a cheap way to travel I suppose. =P

LAVA:

As for remembering dreams, a journal is probably the most hassle-free way to keep up with it. Also, dreams can be induced and controlled with the use of certain herbs and stones. If your dreams are too intense try putting a few bay laurel leaves under your pillow. This will tone down the violence a bit. And if you have an amethyst stone, put that under there too.
if you banish all negativity from your bedroom by smudging or elemental consecration, you can ensure that only positive spirits cross the portal. You are wise to be cautious though because there are malevolent spirits out there too looking for a portal.

NORDIC STORM:

The question I want to ask is - at the time of this dream, did this band or CD exist yet in reality? And - was the CD good?

I believe you are correct about Nostradamus.
Yeah, after that 11 September :eyes deal, they must have pieced together a dozen or so quatrains to make one to suit the event. I remember that my son and a few of his little friends at the time in the neighbourhood heard this shit from school and were all scared (one of the little girls in tears) so he brings his friends to the house and they asked me about it. I got out the book and showed them all the different quatrains that were used to make this big bogus one and explained about how all this shit works in reality - basically it's a load of pony. But to a young child it's intimidating.

TAIM

No doubt your dreams were extremely vivid - astral travel. I have difficulty remembering those too. But you are left with impressions - feelings from those dreams.
I have even tried rosemary and carnelian under the pillow to remember but to no avail. I think that sometimes we are not meant to remember anything but the impressions and feelings from a dream.

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:43 pm

Allison wrote:

No doubt your dreams were extremely vivid - astral travel. I have difficulty remembering those too. But you are left with impressions - feelings from those dreams.
I have even tried rosemary and carnelian under the pillow to remember but to no avail. I think that sometimes we are not meant to remember anything but the impressions and feelings from a dream.
Yeah I believe that some Dreams in fact are Astral Travel, 'cause is very different from an ordinary Dream, when I have this kind of Dreams (Astral Travel) & I met people I wake up with the sensation that I really met them, & sometimes in these Dreams this people hug me or kiss me & I really felt that I was with this person when I wake up!
I mean is a Good sensation ! :D =P

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:51 pm

Allison wrote:

And if you have an amethyst stone, put that under there too.
Yeah Amethyst & Cristals are very good ! I have in the side of my bed a little Altar full of Cristals & really work like a filter !
But these Cristals need to be purify with Water & salt before to use & from time to time !!!
I Love Cristal & my country is full of these kind of Stones ! =P ;)

Allison

Re: Re: Re: Premonitory dreams

Post by Allison » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:09 pm

ladyofeternity wrote:
Allison wrote:

And if you have an amethyst stone, put that under there too.
Yeah Amethyst & Cristals are very good ! I have in the side of my bed a little Altar full of Cristals & really work like a filter !
But these Cristals need to be purify with Water & salt before to use & from time to time !!!
I Love Cristal & my country is full of these kind of Stones ! =P ;)

yes, I usually bury mine in a bowl of dirt to cleanse them and I have this glass pyramid on the altar that I put the shards in to charge them. Amethyst is my multi-purpose never-leave-home-without stone. It's very good for drunkeness too, among other things.

Kain_Xiorcal

Post by Kain_Xiorcal » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:32 pm

Btw, thanks for the replies.
Last edited by Kain_Xiorcal on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elements

Post by Elements » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:41 pm

And yes, you are explaining your thoughts clearly
Last edited by Elements on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allison

Post by Allison » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:09 pm

Elements wrote:
In your(universal you) life you will have seen (on tv or movies) someone falling off a ladder and at some period dreamt about it. If you do not think of the dream when you wake up, then perhaps your brain is making the connection between a past experience/dream and what you have just seen.

And yes, you are explaining your thoughts clearly
Absolutely true - things you encounter in the day - sometimes even as a fleeting glimpse - will manifest in your dreams. This can be both good and bad.

TheBlackestDiamond

Post by TheBlackestDiamond » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:50 pm

...now, wake up! ;)
Last edited by TheBlackestDiamond on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live too short to drink lousy wine ;)
~~~~~

I am the way
I am tle light
I am the dark inside the night
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark
I hear your screams
- SAVATAGE

Padme

Post by Padme » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:57 pm

...this is interesting, ´cause I´m having a problem which is almost the same. I just "dream" without being asleep. I think something like: "hmm.. what if we moved?" and soon my mom says that we are really moving. Next I think: "what would happen if my parents divorced?" and then they tell that they´re really doing that. It´s so frightening. I scare that I can´t think anything anymore. :err:
...and don´t laugh there. :)
In the name of Jens, `yks bisse´ and holy SPAM. ;)

Lava

Post by Lava » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:16 pm

Soon I will go to bed and dream again... I love this kind of travels! I mean... The astral projection in which I am especially the last days... What's the matter with me? It's growing bigger and bigger, but I love it! =P
"I wanna get away
I wanna fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"
'...Verilko sot skefre!

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:32 am

Lava wrote:
Soon I will go to bed and dream again... I love this kind of travels! I mean... The astral projection in which I am especially the last days... What's the matter with me? It's growing bigger and bigger, but I love it! =P
"I wanna get away
I wanna fly away
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"
Me too I Love travel in my Dreams ! =P ;)

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:28 am

I had many times those kind of dreams, but sometimes I have these interesting images, it like i'm walking and I see a house( in my mind) it's a house that I've never seen before, and it comes sudently to my mind, or I see a lot off grass.. all those places are beautiful but I've never seen them before.
or i'm sitting and I feel like "i have done this before or this has happened before" and never, I don't have even dreamt about that.
Prisoner of desire,will stay here...
..I swear...for the pleasure of this moment and the name of lord erotica

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:50 am

Painless_Cry@

Yeah me too, I had so many Beautiful Dreams that I was in beautiful places that I don't know !
I Love a Dream that I had some time ago, that place is so beautiful with many trees & Nature & had a lot of children playing there !
Those Children were so Beautiful like Angels !
That place was like a Paradise !!!
I would Love to back in there & live in there Forever !!!!!=P

Kain_Xiorcal

Post by Kain_Xiorcal » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:07 pm

Kain perhaps you could clear something up for me. When you have these dreams. Do you remember them when you wake up. Or do you remember them when the thing you dreamt occurs?
I'd say it's a bit of both. Most of the time, I'd remember the dream but I wouldn't "wait for it to happen", I'd just go on with my day and when it happens is when I am reminded the dream again. (most of the time embellished with a "wtf omg, déjà vù" expression on my face)

Regardless, even if I had a "past occurances" of seeing someone falling off a ladder (on tv or movies) and then dreamt it some years later, and then I see it happening to someone in IRL the day after, it doesn't mean I dreamt that just because of something a saw years ago. Even less that it happened to that guy because I would have seen a movie. It's like, everything happened at some point in time anyway so you can always just go and say it's a "past occurances", althought it doesn't justify the exactitude of something happening so quickly after you dream it, and something you obviously have no control over.
Just to give an example: I dreamt of a spider which was in my backyard, then my boyfriend took it onto a book of mine [the book is about horses] and tried to scare me [>=(]. Then I ran away and heard a music, I recognized the melody and I guess I woke up. Now in real life I was on my university, where two little spiders were running onto me, then my boyfriend called me, then I saw a book about horses - a bigger version of that one I have and dreamt of, and at the time I was watching it, I heard that melody in store... end. Whew.
This is a perfect example BlackestDiamond. See, not only so many thing matched, but also it's something you couldn't possibly have control over. You didn't control spiders to be there, chose to see a book about horses and didn't put the melody in the store.
...now, wake up! ;)
Haha! Good one! Image

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 am

The hardest part of these dreams is decyphering them, when they come in omens (symbols).
[Insert punch line here]

TheBlackestDiamond

Post by TheBlackestDiamond » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:34 pm

Once again I had them...
This time it's too weird to decypher:
I'm sitting on my bike, an a man approaches to me and asks if I'm not aftaid to have a bell attached to my bike. I say that I'm not, but the man opens my bell and shows that there might be some earwigs inside. The first time I had this dream, nothing was there, but the second time he opened the bell, there were lots of earwigs and wasps... :err:
We live too short to drink lousy wine ;)
~~~~~

I am the way
I am tle light
I am the dark inside the night
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark
I hear your screams
- SAVATAGE

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 am

I have weird dreams, none of them have become real.

But some demons have attacked me, while I'm sleeping....
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue May 24, 2005 7:26 am

I've been attacked several times by the tooth fairy... She considers me a heretic for having an implant, or in other words, a fake tooth.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.