Kotipeltos solo albums..

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HymnToLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by HymnToLife » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:36 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
No one is going to buy an album with music they hate just because its cheaper! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats crazy! :lol: :rotflmao1:
Please dont misundertand my words, I never said that Kotipelto single is shit, I just said that a very low price help to sell more. If you are curious about the single and see that for 2,90 you wont think two times to buy, yet you dont know exactly what wait for you.. Is just that what I mean.
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

browneyedgirl

Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:12 pm

Well. I have never heard the new Koti album yet, or single---so, actually I cannot judge. And, it seems people either love it or hate it.
WFTD was pretty good to be a first album---even though I will admit its not my first choice for listening to when I am in the mood for music!

But, I stand by my comment--for myself, anyway. If I do not like a musicians handiwork, I will not buy it if it is 2 cents, but if I like a band, I will spend lots for their album!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:54 pm

But he's a great singer and I have alot of respect for him :)
Last edited by stratovarius_legend on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fight Until We Die!

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:55 am

I think that we should not compare TK & TT !
Both are very talented ! ;)

Luca

Post by Luca » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:35 am

I read today 2 reviews of Coldness, one was 6,5/10 and said that he was surprised by Coldness, because he used to hate power metal and dislike Stratovarius music, and that it was a good album, better than what Stratovarius did from Visions :eek: to Elements.....
The other review was 5/10 and said that Reasons is a good song, and even a ballad is good, and the rest is very boring... OMG :~(
Suomi Finland rulez!

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:08 am

I like WFTD album . He is way different from Stratoalbums but it's rocks . Hope Koti will have more success with next album . I wush him all the best and will continue support him as I will suport Tolkki . 8)
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:00 am

I bought Coldness last friday and I think it's great album :)

Like TK said it sounds more "modern" than WFTD... I agree. My opinion is that Coldness is better than WFTD.

If I compare Coldness to Strato records I can say it's much heavier than Strato records...
...Tell me why
No heart to cry
Hang me high...

Nightwish - Romanticide

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:27 am

I think i´ll buy Coldness... after the new Edguy... Therion.. Morbid Angel... Finntroll... errr :buh: ;)
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

ladyofeternity

Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by ladyofeternity » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:54 pm

StratoBOB wrote:
I like WFTD album . He is way different from Stratoalbums but it's rocks . Hope Koti will have more success with next album . I wush him all the best and will continue support him as I will suport Tolkki . 8)
Yeah WFTD Rocks !!! =P

I heard Coldness album too & is really Good !
My fave songs are: Take me away, Can you hear the sound, Around, Seeds of Sorrow, & Journey Back ;)

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:09 pm

If I bought them would be to set them on fire.

And no, they are not heavier than Strato albums... it might seem they are, but it's due to the fact that you compare Kotipelto's albums to the Elements ones. I think you should compare them to Dreamspace or Episode... just to name a few.

The two Kotipelto's albums have good melodies and a brilliant singer... but, on the other hand, they have repetitive choruses and very simple lyrics. Come on... "Take Me Away" is a very used title and chorus... just search in a P2P program how many "Take Me Away"s are there. And they wasted Mike Romeo, one of the best talented guitarists around.

Hey, but that's just an opinion.

NP: Anathema - Are You There?
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:26 pm

Let's not worry about what negativity journalists put onto music, they are probably letting out their bitterness that they did not make it as a musician. :lol:

I'm not a musician so I don't look for the best notes played or whatever, I just judge it on how it makes me feel.

Who cares how it makes some journalist feel? :evilgrin:
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:36 pm

Coldness will not be offered for sale in USA for awhile so I will be listening to all these opinions. :lol:
Maybe I can hear someone else's copy before I buy. Or not...

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:32 pm

well i have just realized one thing that Mr Kotipelto just burned his ass with this irrational action just to show to Timo that he can do it with out him. but i think that the waiting for the dawn and also coldness will have nothing to hit for just some strange stories with out any meaning . I think that he could do more than this .. so once again we are going back to the years of waiting for the dawn with a same concept with no point and with slow guitars....
Six strings is all you need in this life...

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:55 pm

God Called In Sick Today wrote:
I think you should compare them to Dreamspace or Episode... just to name a few.

Come on... "Take Me Away" is a very used title and chorus... just search in a P2P program how many "Take Me Away"s are there.
Funny Stratovarius also have so many repetitive tittles & chorus :eyes

Dreamspace is a master piece like Episode, & I don't want to compare with Kotipelto solos albuns, this is ridiculous ! :buh:

I always will Love those Stratovarius albuns ! Principally Fourth Dimension & Destiny ! =P

Raven

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:13 pm

johnnyingrstrv wrote:
i think that the waiting for the dawn and also coldness will have nothing to hit for just some strange stories with out any meaning . I think that he could do more than this ...
Have you read any Koti's interviews concerning his solo projects?

WFTD is a concept album about ancient Egypt cause he always have wanted to do a concept album and he's interested about history and history of ancient Egypt...

About lyrics in Coldness: Send TK an email and ask is there any meaning in those lyrics... I'm not sure that have you read those lyrics but I have to say that those lyrics are quite personal... If you can read between lines, you can find something about Strato situation...
...Tell me why
No heart to cry
Hang me high...

Nightwish - Romanticide

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:15 pm

hey man, chill up. there's no need to get angry about that. it's just music. just listen to something else 8)
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

God Called In Sick T

Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by God Called In Sick T » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:38 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
hey man, chill up. there's no need to get angry about that. it's just music. just listen to something else 8)
It's a way of saying I didn't like them at all.

NP: Opeth - Deliverance
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by jean_luc_picard » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:59 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
It's a way of saying I didn't like them at all.

NP: Opeth - Deliverance
some may misunderstand :) btw, deliverance is a great tune, but my fave is the drapery falls =P

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:31 pm

johnnyingrstrv wrote:
well i have just realized one thing that Mr Kotipelto just burned his ass with this irrational action just to show to Timo that he can do it with out him. but i think that the waiting for the dawn and also coldness will have nothing to hit for just some strange stories with out any meaning . I think that he could do more than this .. so once again we are going back to the years of waiting for the dawn with a same concept with no point and with slow guitars....
Koti wants to try making music on his own, and i say let's all give him a chance.
There are many big-name bands who would snap Koti up in a minute if he wanted to go that route.
I think being on his own for a while will do him good.....also, I am sure Koti is aware of his own talent. There is no need for him to rush back into a group. Let him enjoy his independence for a time....he deserves it, and the recognition he is bound to recieve.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:55 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
johnnyingrstrv wrote:
Koti wants to try making music on his own, and i say let's all give him a chance.
There are many big-name bands who would snap Koti up in a minute if he wanted to go that route.
I think being on his own for a while will do him good.....also, I am sure Koti is aware of his own talent. There is no need for him to rush back into a group. Let him enjoy his independence for a time....he deserves it, and the recognition he is bound to recieve.
this all reminds me of Iron Maiden split: the band's main songwriter and the singer can't get over their fights, they separate, eventually the band manages to find another voice, while the original singer speeds up his solo career... and then koti-dickinson sells more that tolkki-harris, and one day they manage to get back together again. I won't say for sure this is gonna happen, but it won't be surprising at all. I think that a lot of people in this whole affair undervalued the weight of Kotipelto's presence in Stratovarius... of course he wasn't the "mind" behind it all, but at least was the one who put his face in the front line. I won't take sides saying this is better than that, but it isn't fair to judge harshly one only because he wants to show others he can do it as well as others. And I would also mind that in the end Kotipelto's genre is slightly different from Stratovarius one. Come on, do you compare Slayer with Nightwish? ??? There is nothing to compare, one should only say "Yes I do love it" or "No, it makes me sleep."
And that's all. Period. I think in the end we always come back to the same point, fighting on Stratovarius bandmembers like it was good vs. evil. This sucks. And indeed has made one of the two, along with many other issues, get hospitalized for mental disturbs. I think that's enough.

I'm sorry for the tone of my reply, I won't offend anyone, but we can't go on forever with the past.

Cheers!
8)

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:09 pm

BTW, on Italian's heavy metal internet site www.metallus.it there's an interview with koti. Along with the usual questions and usual answers about Stratovarius, there are a pair about Miss K. I translate them here:

Q: I'm curios, have you perhaps heard the voice of miss K, the new singer of the band?
A: No, even if my friends told me that... well, I should not say this type of things!"

Q: They told you she has an horrible voice, isn't it?
A: Well... it might! (laughing) Clearly she has something else! (and bringing his hands to the chest, Timo makes a meaningful gesture...)

should we get worried? ??? :D

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:07 pm

Only about Koti.

I hope Coldness is nothing like Goran Edman's Positive Buoyant after leaving Yngwie - full of bitterness.

OTOH Koti doesn't need a bag over his head, so it's not like they suddenly have a cute singer after having an ugly one. Tolkki is no more exploiting Miss K's looks than he was Kotipelto's IMO.

And let's face it, cute singers of either sex, sell records. If there was an ugly dog with a great voice, and a supermodel with a great voice, who is gonna get picked?

Everyone on the planet is judged by how they look, even if it's subconscious on the part of the other. And in the entertainment industry it's even worse.

And we know nothing about her except what she looks like... I wonder how deliberate that is. About right for the pathetic job Strato's PR team are doing lately...

And I hope that both Timo's get over their bitterness once these last shows are over.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:26 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
BTW, on Italian's heavy metal internet site www.metallus.it there's an interview with koti. Along with the usual questions and usual answers about Stratovarius, there are a pair about Miss K. I translate them here:

Q: I'm curios, have you perhaps heard the voice of miss K, the new singer of the band?
A: No, even if my friends told me that... well, I should not say this type of things!"

Q: They told you she has an horrible voice, isn't it?
A: Well... it might! (laughing) Clearly she has something else! (and bringing his hands to the chest, Timo makes a meaningful gesture...)

should we get worried? ??? :D
well, Koti's attitude is no different than the rest of the males across these Forums when broached with the MissK subject.
Everyone says her clips are horible, yet I heard Live, she does OK. Well, she must be at least OK or she would not kept a singing career this many years. Right? A person, no matter how attractive, can't keep a career going this long just on looks alone.
YET, why has there not been any clips released to StratoPage so we can listen?
Is her voice bad on recorded sound? Whats the holdup? TT said they would be clips over 2 months ago, and still there is none.
It seems like they are ashamed of her for some reason.

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:22 pm

edit: NP : Kilpi - sielut iskee tulta (Taage´s voice ROCKS) :)
Last edited by dwarflander on Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

God Called In Sick T

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by God Called In Sick T » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:54 pm

some may misunderstand :) btw, deliverance is a great tune, but my fave is the drapery falls =P
Mine too.

:)

NP: Rage - Perfect Man

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:41 pm

Last edited by jean_luc_picard on Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mourner of Darkness

Post by Mourner of Darkness » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:59 pm

Well, I have heard some say that Kotipelto's solo albums suck and other's who really adore it, so it is up to everyone to decide how good it is.
I'm waiting to here "Coldness" and I do not hope that it sucks, even though I also know that Kotipelto is a sucker when it comes to songwriting..sad but true.. :eyes
Metal will live FOREVER!!

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:12 pm

Mourner of Darkness wrote:
Kotipelto is a sucker when it comes to songwriting..sad but true.. :eyes
ok. maybe "sucker" it's not the appropriate term, huh? ??? :D

loztdignity

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by loztdignity » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:54 am

[/quote]
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:58 am

Hmm actually I have listend to Waiting for the dawn a couple of more times now and I gotta say it has grown a bit on me.,,its easy to dismiss an album or anytihng really completely, just because you perhaps had different and higher hopes for it.
Anyways, considering Kotipeltos still short time as a songwriter i think waiting for the dawn is ok..and Lord of eternity is ok. Also Beauty has come is a beautiful ballad..if it wasnt for that I think his voice is not that good in that song...or I dunno a bit strained.

I think the new album seems worse than the last one..I dunno too polished and monotonous. I think that word "monotonous" can sum up both albums actually..they need more variety and i dunno...better songwriting would be appropriate.
But I guess Kotipelto learns from each song he writes. :)

Also I think "curtain is falling" is one of the coolest strato-songs ever..damn its really underrated. I think its great
"...and the curtains are faallliiiiiiing"
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!