Kotipeltos solo albums..

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Luca
Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by Luca » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:31 am

loztdignity wrote:
Hmm actually I have listend to Waiting for the dawn a couple of more times now and I gotta say it has grown a bit on me.,,its easy to dismiss an album or anytihng really completely, just because you perhaps had different and higher hopes for it.
Anyways, considering Kotipeltos still short time as a songwriter i think waiting for the dawn is ok..and Lord of eternity is ok. Also Beauty has come is a beautiful ballad..if it wasnt for that I think his voice is not that good in that song...or I dunno a bit strained.

I think the new album seems worse than the last one..I dunno too polished and monotonous. I think that word "monotonous" can sum up both albums actually..they need more variety and i dunno...better songwriting would be appropriate.
But I guess Kotipelto learns from each song he writes. :)

Also I think "curtain is falling" is one of the coolest strato-songs ever..damn its really underrated. I think its great
"...and the curtains are faallliiiiiiing"
I think Waiting for the Dawn is a very good album, though it's not a masterpiece. But I would give 8/10 to the first half of it, and 6/10 to the second slow half (Chosen by Re, Waiting for the Dawn....too slow, thanx to Gas at the drums...)

About Coldness, I don't have it yet, I listened to Reasons and to Seeds of Sorrows, and they seem very cool songs, but I've heard bad about some others.... But I still have great expectations.... :err:
Suomi Finland rulez!

browneyedgirl

Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:14 am

Last edited by browneyedgirl on Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:28 pm

Beautiful? Image
Delusions Of Grandeur

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:25 am

um lol what does Dolly Parton have to do with anything?? She is not beautiful and her boobs are horribly big...eww. Sure she sings good, but thats about it. And who cares about how much money she has or her theme parks. lol cmon...
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:53 am

loztdignity wrote:
um lol what does Dolly Parton have to do with anything?? She is not beautiful and her boobs are horribly big...eww. Sure she sings good, but thats about it. And who cares about how much money she has or her theme parks. lol cmon...
I was making the point that in music Sexy sells, but a person, male or female, better have talent to back it up in the long run! ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:19 am

yeah well as i sid Kotipelto has tried a bit harder this time judging from the samples but i think that this thing has no point in the whole image .I just dont get it why he doesnt do a much heavier album this time and prefers to do a strato like album.
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:53 pm

johnnyingrstrv wrote:
I just dont get it why he doesnt do a much heavier album this time and prefers to do a strato like album.
Well... perhaps he wants to? Its his solo project, he decides. And i just think that this may be what he liked to do.
Didnt he even say somewhere that he is more Hard rock influenced?
Delusions Of Grandeur

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Kotipeltos solo albums..

Post by jean_luc_picard » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:29 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
johnnyingrstrv wrote:
I just dont get it why he doesnt do a much heavier album this time and prefers to do a strato like album.
Well... perhaps he wants to? Its his solo project, he decides. And i just think that this may be what he liked to do.
Didnt he even say somewhere that he is more Hard rock influenced?
... especially by rainbow, iron maiden & ronnie james dio solo albums. That's definitely not power metal :D
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Sun May 02, 2004 4:59 am

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Beautiful? Image
:lol: :lol:
Fight Until We Die!

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Mon May 03, 2004 7:32 pm

johnnyingrstrv wrote:
yeah well as i sid Kotipelto has tried a bit harder this time judging from the samples but i think that this thing has no point in the whole image .I just dont get it why he doesnt do a much heavier album this time and prefers to do a strato like album.
yea man the whole album and production is so clean and boring..and songwriting...I mean cmon..its pretty basic stuff. Koti should strat growling like corpsegrinder LOL!

J Coplen

Post by J Coplen » Mon May 03, 2004 8:02 pm

I like the albums by TK, but they're not as complex as the ones he did while with Stratovarius. :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 04, 2004 8:38 am

WFTD leans more to Hard Rock than HeavyMetal, IMO, but I still think its a good album. I have not heard Coldness yet, so I cannot judge. I think I heard people say it was more heavy metal.
@Koti singing Death Metal? :lol: Right! :lol:

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Tue May 04, 2004 10:10 am

lol but admit it would be funny tho

Moonglow

Post by Moonglow » Tue May 04, 2004 3:43 pm

Hi everybody!
First of all, I'd like to welcome erveryone here in this forum, since this is my first visit.
IMO, both Waiting For The Dawn and Coldness are great albums with really good songs which differ a lot from those Starto-like songs, but they are still very good. "Beauty has Come" is probably the best track in WFTD and not worse than one of the good Strato-Ballads. For me, Kotipelto has proven to be a great singer (one of the best Metal-Singers in the world) and I'm really looking forward to listening to other albums from him. Eventhough I really wish that he will return to Strato. :)

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Tue May 04, 2004 10:11 pm

Moonglow wrote:
Hi everybody!
First of all, I'd like to welcome erveryone here in this forum, since this is my first visit.
IMO, both Waiting For The Dawn and Coldness are great albums with really good songs which differ a lot from those Starto-like songs, but they are still very good. "Beauty has Come" is probably the best track in WFTD and not worse than one of the good Strato-Ballads. For me, Kotipelto has proven to be a great singer (one of the best Metal-Singers in the world) and I'm really looking forward to listening to other albums from him. Eventhough I really wish that he will return to Strato. :)
yea I gotta agree with Beauty has come being a great ballad.

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Wed May 05, 2004 8:18 am

I respect your opinions but here are people like me which like Coldness. I think the album is forced away fromwhat Stratovarius did over the last years . The album is more in traditional heavy metal from 80s but through the prism of new days. I like 80s heavy metal. I grow with this music, with bands like Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake and e.t.c. and now I found Kotipelto's second album as a good breath cool music.
And to those who said that the new Koti album is different than everything he did in Stratovarius as my dear browneyedgirl with all my respect I will say : Did HymnToLife sounds like Elements ?
I said this just to mean that there doesn't need to have some close touchs between his solo things and Stratovarius things to be the music cool . As Blackmore's night havent nothing close with Rainbow and Purple music but it's still sound cool to me.
Well , everyone have his opinion, and this is his right. This was mine and it's formed by my brain and no one can change it as I can't change your opinion so keep on rocking and have a good time with things you like . This is the one of the best part of the life .
Peace and love forever
StratoBOB
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Wed May 05, 2004 2:25 pm

The Kotipelto albums ar ok, nothing special though. Too mellow to my taste, Koti should let the beast out of him.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Wed May 05, 2004 9:01 pm

Veripalttu wrote:
The Kotipelto albums ar ok, nothing special though. Too mellow to my taste, Koti should let the beast out of him.
yea RWAARR he should sing deathmetal!

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed May 05, 2004 9:18 pm

The Death Metal thing would be cool. Wasnt it the singer of Sonata Arctica who did some growls in between? Dont remember, but it would be funny :)

As we are talking about side projects:
Has anybody heard the solo album of Joacim Cans from Hammerfall? I heard it is quite different ???
Delusions Of Grandeur

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 pm

maybe things could change in Kotipelto´s solo career with this points or suggestions i give:

1.- Involve Mike Romeo in the songwriting process.
2.- Involve Mike Romeo in the musical orientation.
3.- He has great songs like "Reasons" and "Travel Through Time", but he´s missing some singalong parts or hooks or catchy melodies in most of their songs.
4.- Ballads match perfect with his style, he had written good ones with Stratovarius (i´m talking about Lyrics), so if he writes good lyrics stuff and mix it with his ideas and Mike´s ideas (musically talking) then we´ll have a THING!!!

I know, if Koti lets Mike involve deeply in the project then it will not be Kotipelto´s band anymore, but he should try some of the points above, so he could increase the people´s interest in buying his next albums.
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

ekilic

Post by ekilic » Thu May 06, 2004 11:15 pm

Last edited by ekilic on Thu May 06, 2004 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu May 06, 2004 11:49 pm

(...)
[/quote]
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Fri May 07, 2004 8:54 am

neonlightchild wrote:
maybe things could change in Kotipelto´s solo career with this points or suggestions i give:

3.- He has great songs like "Reasons" and "Travel Through Time", but he´s missing some singalong parts or hooks or catchy melodies in most of their songs.
4.- Ballads match perfect with his style, he had written good ones with Stratovarius (i´m talking about Lyrics), so if he writes good lyrics stuff and mix it with his ideas and Mike´s ideas (musically talking) then we´ll have a THING!!!

I know, if Koti lets Mike involve deeply in the project then it will not be Kotipelto´s band anymore, but he should try some of the points above, so he could increase the people´s interest in buying his next albums.
I think this is kinda of a sensitive issue, since its Kotipeltos solo albums u know...and he wants recognition for them of course, who wouldnt.

Suski#

Post by Suski# » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:39 pm

Well, I was starting to get bored with stratos material, especially with these elemets stuff, so in my opinion these Kotis solo records are refreshing and different and I like them. His stuff is simple and I like it that way!! And I dont even have to mention that VOICE...but I will :twisted:

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:07 pm

loztdignity wrote:
neonlightchild wrote:

I think this is kinda of a sensitive issue, since its Kotipeltos solo albums u know...and he wants recognition for them of course, who wouldnt.
Well, if having Michael Romeo write stuff for your album is not recognition :D Anyway, I agree with NLC, Kotipelto is no Tolkki and his songwriting sometimes is very boring.

So Death May Die

Post by So Death May Die » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:50 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:The Death Metal thing would be cool. Wasnt it the singer of Sonata Arctica who did some growls in between? Dont remember, but it would be funny :)

As we are talking about side projects:
Has anybody heard the solo album of Joacim Cans from Hammerfall? I heard it is quite different ???
Yeah, Tony from Sonata Arctica likes to growl every now and then for kicks. :P

I have Joacim's solo album and I like it a lot. He took a very old-school approach to metal, which I think suited him very well. Of course there are a few obligatory power metal tracks. ;) Overall I would rank his solo album higher than HammerFall's most recent album. I'm looking forward to the new HammerFall in a few months though!
Can you see the sky?
It's filtering like a murder...

ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:21 am

Pictures from Kotipelto's gig at Helsinki Icehall: http://www.vedenpaa.com/eldiablo --> Stellar Images --> kotipelto --> jaahalli04
'Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses' - Arthur C. Clarke

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:50 am

Well, I think "Waiting for the dawn" is okay, some songs like "Travel through time", "Beginning", "Battle of the gods", "Beauty has come", "Vizier" and "The movement of the nile" are really good, the rest is a little weak.
And the second solo album Coldness is extremly boring. Well, I´m not into melodic metall so much anymore.

Júlio tolkki

COLDNESS

Post by Júlio tolkki » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:15 am

COLDNESS IS THE BEST ALBUM AND HAVE THE BEST MUSIC OF KOTIPELTO :

*REASONS

AND HAVE A GOOD GUITARRIST : MICHAEL ROMEO, BUT TIMO TOLKKI IS BEST THAN MICHAEL !!! :D

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:08 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:Well, if having Michael Romeo write stuff for your album is not recognition :D Anyway, I agree with NLC, Kotipelto is no Tolkki and his songwriting sometimes is very boring.
It's just your opinion...
Have you ever try to compose yourself?
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...