BUSH vs. KERRY

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
BUSH vs. KERRY

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:55 pm

Well, this topic is mainly of interest to USAers, but I guess anyone can have an opinion.

USA Presidential Election is in November---What are your thoughts on it?

I am a Liberal Democrat, so KERRY/EDWARDS is the ticket I am hoping will unseat BUSH.

Bush has done nothing productive--he has gotten into a nonsensical war, raised taxes, gas has increased in price as well as everything else. He has stirred up hatred for USA all over the world with his policies, and there is more terrorism directed toward USA than ever.
Unemployment is rising-its at its highest in over 2 decades.

Hopefully, KERRY will change all that, or some of it. Things could not get that much worse for lots of folks in USA, or in some parts of the world.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Re: BUSH vs. KERRY

Post by timo the soulforged » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:49 pm

I knew you didn't liked bush :) :)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:35 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
gas has increased in price as well as everything else. .
Which is a good thing, as the gas prices are way to low in the United States. I agree with your other points though.
I dont know if this Kerry guy will be a good president, from what i have heard he seems to be a bit strange. But he will definately be better than Bush.

So i hope he wins, and i just hope that the people wont change their minds when the republican election campaign starts :err:
Latest statistics are still quite good for Bush, almost tie in June i read. :eyes

Too bad that I can not vote =P
At least America should have a president which was chosen by the people this time ;)
Delusions Of Grandeur

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:56 pm

Aaah, but the Republican election campaign has started already. It started pretty much after it was clear Kerry would be the Democratic nominee.

Thing is, though, the people who have it the worst are the ones who aren't voting, because they feel their votes don't matter...hard to blame them, really.

As far as who I'd like to win...well, not really my call since I'm not American ;) But Kerry certainly seems like the one best suited for the job of the two. That isn't saying a whole lot about Kerry's abilities, though ;)
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:41 pm

Anyone....i repeat...ANYONE could do a better job than Bush....i'm from Mexico and damn....he treats us like shit..... :buh:
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:58 pm

I was watching an interview with Ralph Nader on the Daily Show, which is arguably the best show America has to offer, other than MXC.

Asked if he thought Kerry would be better than Bush, Nader groaned and said, Anyone's better than Bush." The audience erupted in cheers and applause.

I have to agree with him. Kerry's getting my vote.
A Lucid Mind

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:59 pm

timo the soulforged
Soulforge? Are you a Diablo II fan?
A Lucid Mind

ElDiablo

Re: Re: BUSH vs. KERRY

Post by ElDiablo » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:06 pm

Lucid Faia wrote:
timo the soulforged
Are you Blind Guardian fan?

Or do you happen to read fantasy literature?

But my "support" goes to Kerry.
'Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses' - Arthur C. Clarke

antonio

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:25 pm

my support goes to carrie
Rock and Roll.

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Re: BUSH vs. KERRY

Post by timo the soulforged » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:31 pm

ElDiablo wrote:
Lucid Faia wrote:
timo the soulforged
Are you Blind Guardian fan?

Or do you happen to read fantasy literature?

But my "support" goes to Kerry.
here's a story about a friend of us you might know Racenville(or something like that) the soulforged:
I'm not insane
That's how it seems though
Spiteful cruel but wise
Beyond his age
My body fails
My soul will rise

The end of life's immortalized disease and agony
And I see death through golden eyes
Beyond the door
There's something more
It seems there's just one way

On through the heat
I've felt the touch of evil
I still feel the icy claw in me

For a decent price
I've banned kindness from my heart
The spirit of all truth and beauty
Pawned for my desire

And from the flames
As chance would have it
the soulforged will come into light
And from the flames as chance would have it
The soulforged,
The stainless will rise

I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind

And through the hour glass
Everything's grey
Everyone's pale
No colour nor beauty will enlighten my heart
The seat of life's empty and cold
Cadaverous you all seem to me
Stillborn but you're still alive
You're still alive

Truth lies in loneliness
When hope is long gone by
I'll wipe out the bliss of the new age
And welcome you precious night

And from the flames
As chance would have it
The soulforged,
The stainless will rise

From a distant time
Voices echo in the hall
"Come and join us
Enter life and everything is gone now"

And through the looking glass
I still fear mortality and its loss in the end
Unlimited power in my hands
The claw of the dragon ascends
"Mourn for his lost soul
He's cursed and condemned"

Each step I take
May it hurt may it ache
Leads me further
Away from the past
But as long as I breathe
Each smile in my bleak face
I'm on my way to find
Back to the peace of mind

And from the flames
As chance would have it
The soulforged,
The stainless will rise

I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:55 am

No more lies...
This goes to all the politicians of the world...
Just listen to the... wind of change...
Like the Phoenix I rise...

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:57 am

Lucid Faia wrote:
I was watching an interview with Ralph Nader on the Daily Show, which is arguably the best show America has to offer, other than MXC.

Asked if he thought Kerry would be better than Bush, Nader groaned and said, Anyone's better than Bush." The audience erupted in cheers and applause.

I have to agree with him. Kerry's getting my vote.
Nader is just about the most communist a person as I have ever seen. How can you support him?

Guys, may I remind you one thing. BOTH Kerry and Edwards VOTED TO GO TO WAR IN IRAQ.

And now they have forgotten that they are part of the 'problem' that they have themselves caused?
Cheers

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:18 am

browneyedfool wrote:
Nader is just about the most communist a person as I have ever seen. How can you support him?
So?
What´s wrong with communism?
How can it be related to them?
I feel that next you´re gonna say that they´re baby-eaters...
:eyes
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:59 am

I'm just saying that one should not take a communists words as the right thing :P

If you want to argue that communism is good, I'm afraid you'll need to make a new topic.

Cheers
Cheers

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:58 pm

My vote is going to Bill Clinton. If only that clause wasn't in the constitution that says you can only serve two terms...

Clinton was one of the greatest presidents ever.

The thing about Bush that I hate is that he turned the world's symptahy for us into the world's hatred for us. I don't know who I'm voting for, but I guarantee it's not Bush.
A Lucid Mind

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:14 pm

Lucid Faia wrote:
Clinton was one of the greatest presidents ever.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He was really funny, remember how many times SNL made fun of him? hilarious :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway...Bush sucks.... :buh:
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:22 am

Kerry is a radical liberal. He, out of all senators, made the most left wing votes out of all of them! (There was a study done on it).

I don't want a radical leftist as my president. I'd rather have Bush (a neutral republican).

Plus, I don't see what Bush has done so horribly wrong, which Kerry would have done better.
Cheers

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:34 am

RESUME George W. Bush The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
-I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. -My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:
-I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
-I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
-By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:
-I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
-I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
-I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975.
-I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
-The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
-I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
-With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market.
- In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron. My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S.
Supreme Court during my election decision.
- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
- I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S.history.
- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.
- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

- I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S."prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
- I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
- I set the the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
- After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
- I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD (weapon of mass destruction).
- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
- All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

...I think we're done here.
A Lucid Mind

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:17 am

Lucid Faia wrote:
RESUME George W. Bush The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
-I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. -My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:
-I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
-I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
-By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:
-I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
-I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
-I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975.
-I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
-The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
-I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
-With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
- I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
- I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market.
- In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
- I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
- I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron. My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S.
Supreme Court during my election decision.
- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
- I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S.history.
- I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.
- I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

- I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S."prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
- I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
- I set the the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
- After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
- I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
- I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD (weapon of mass destruction).
- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
- All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

...I think we're done here.
I'll vote for him!!!! =P

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:34 pm

Education and Experience? That has nothing to do with it. Kerry didn't do so hot either!

Law Enforcement:

He doesn't take drugs. If you are saying that now this is simply ridiculus.

He did not AVOID Vietnam. He joined the National Guard and did his duties guarding our country. Not like Kerry who went to Vietnam, came back, threw all his medals away and began protesting - what kind of traitor is he?

College

And how did Kerry do? Where did you get the information that he was a cheerleader and what does that have to do with anything anyway...

Past Work Experience

Don't say he wasn't succesful. He is a self made man. He has hundreds of millions. Those don't appear out of no where.

And no one HELPED him become governor. Its called democracy. People voted for him.

And so what if he got 120 million votes instead of 120,500,000. ITS CALLED THE ELECTORAL SYSTEM. Don't whine about the way we elect our president NOW! If you want to put it this way, George Bush won about 36 or more of the 50 states.

Accomplishments as President

Invaded and occupied two countries? First, don't you dare argue with me that Afghanistan wasn't justified. Why are you using that against him! We were attacked! Thousands died!

You can argue whatever you want in Iraq but he wanted to further protect us in the from the terrorists and bring the fighting away from U.S. soil.

And 90% of what you say here is completely irrelevant. HE TOOK A VACATION. What...!?

Would you rather vote for kerry who threw away his Vietnam medals? The one who called Palistinian suicide bombers soldiers instead of terrorists when they would blow up buses with kids in them?

Would you vote for the guy who wants to raise taxes and waste more of your money? The very GUY WHO GOT AROUND PAYING ALL HIS TAXES! thats right, he wants YOU to pay taxes when he himself avoids it.

Would you vote for the guy who is considered the most radical-left senator?

Would you vote for the guy who wants to weaken our military and believes in the human rights of TERRORISTS?

And lastly, would you want to vote for someone that rather saying what he is going to do to help the situation, spends ALL his time criticizing Bush?

Kerry is just making me sick.
Cheers

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:42 pm

browneyedfool wrote:
Not like Kerry who went to Vietnam, came back, threw all his medals away and began protesting - what kind of traitor is he?

• Vietnam was a big fucking error, i think it shows his persuasion way better. He was there, he saw this shit. Might be a good reason for being against it, no?

And so what if he got 120 million votes instead of 120,500,000. ITS CALLED THE ELECTORAL SYSTEM. Don't whine about the way we elect our president NOW! If you want to put it this way, George Bush won about 36 or more of the 50 states.

• Its a stupid, outdated system. They should change that somehow...

Invaded and occupied two countries? First, don't you dare argue with me that Afghanistan wasn't justified. Why are you using that against him! We were attacked! Thousands died!

• By the afghanistan population? Prove it.
It was a war that was fought to get some military presence in this region, i dont know if your government knew about the attacks or whatever (as i dont like conspiracy theories) but this attack came just in a very good moment for Bush...
And i still cant see why it is an adequate way to fight the terrorism of some jerks by attacking a whole country. Btw. one of the poorest countries in the world. I dont say that it is a bad thing that the leaders there lost their positions, but today it is still a big mess over there, as there are wide reagions which still suffer the same spoils like before.

You can argue whatever you want in Iraq but he wanted to further protect us in the from the terrorists and bring the fighting away from U.S. soil.

• Has he?
Perhaps this is true, as GWB doesnt necessarily seem to be a very smart person, but this war is just a catastrophe in means of practical success, peace-keeping and also for the government, as none of Bush´s reasons for attacking seem to be true. Terrorism has become a stupid catchword, nothing more. And he hasnt fought terrorism over there at all...

Would you rather vote for kerry who threw away his Vietnam medals?

• Yes. Who cares for medals of a senseless war?

The one who called Palistinian suicide bombers soldiers instead of terrorists when they would blow up buses with kids in them?

• Yes. Because everyone has a reason for his acts, and i have to say, although both sides are way to deep in all this shit, i dont see that Israel is doing anything better. It is less terrorism to attack some villages by military force? Just because it is named different it isnt necessarily not comparable. Its just a different form of military...
I dont want to say much about this whole thing. There is much blood on all hands. It just has to stop :eyes:

Would you vote for the guy who wants to raise taxes and waste more of your money? The very GUY WHO GOT AROUND PAYING ALL HIS TAXES! thats right, he wants YOU to pay taxes when he himself avoids it.

• Is Bush better? He also supports the concerns he is allied with...
All are crying about tax raises. Perhaps all should think a little bit and perhaps see that it may be necessary sometimes. Btw... the american economy was in a much better state at the beginning of Bush´s regime...

• Better left than right. I dont know about this american paranoia, but i dont see anything evil or bad in a more social oriented society. I quite like social democracy ;)

Would you vote for the guy who wants to weaken our military and believes in the human rights of TERRORISTS?

• Yes. Because terrorists can´t be fought with weapons, but by understanding and perhaps acting against the reasons for their attacks...
Acts of terrorism can often be seen as a reaction to certains threats of economy or habitat, Cant find better words atm ;) so,I dont say that it is justified in any way, but we (western) people always say that we get attacked and so on. What are the reasons? The incredible greed that we show to get "our part" of other countries resources? The way we use the workers in "cheaper" countries to maintain our standards? Sorry, but we live, very self-assertive, in a world of ignorance and this is one of the main reasons why people flee into radicalism. I dont say that terrorism is right or justified, but by oppressing those groups in advance, we just raise the potential rate of anti-western extremists.

And lastly, would you want to vote for someone that rather saying what he is going to do to help the situation, spends ALL his time criticizing Bush?

• There is much to criticise, and it cant get worse, sooo... ;)
I dont say that Kerry is the perfect person for this job, but i dont see too much reasons against him in your argumentation.
Atleast he isnt a puppet of the industry and religious fanatic like George Bush.
At first i thought he is intelligent or at least able to use the situation for his concerns, but by now i think that this guy is a complete disaster.
Delusions Of Grandeur

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:37 am

Twilightsymphony wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
gas has increased in price as well as everything else. .
Which is a good thing, as the gas prices are way to low in the United States. I agree with your other points though.
I dont know if this Kerry guy will be a good president, from what i have heard he seems to be a bit strange. But he will definately be better than Bush.

So i hope he wins, and i just hope that the people wont change their minds when the republican election campaign starts :err:
Latest statistics are still quite good for Bush, almost tie in June i read. :eyes

Too bad that I can not vote =P
At least America should have a president which was chosen by the people this time ;)
First off, GAS PRICES WERE (and at some points are) INSANELY HIGH. I might as well move to South America where the avg. gas price is 13 cents.

Anyway, being the optomistic American I am, here are the candidates in my opinion:

Bush: Good foreign policy, bad domestic policy. Can't enunciate (<-that spelled right?) properly.

Kerry: Good domestic policy, bad foreign policy. Copies almost everything Bush says.

Personally, I don't give a crap who wins. Every 4 years the presidential race is like a sporting event. Maybe we should switch the campagin info from Fox News & CNN to ESPN and such. But, I think Lewis Black said it best on an episode of the Daily Show when he said: "It's hard to tell which party expresses the America i hate!!!"
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:13 am

browneyedfool wrote:
He did not AVOID Vietnam. He joined the National Guard and did his duties guarding our country. Not like Kerry who went to Vietnam, came back, threw all his medals away and began protesting - what kind of traitor is he?
Appearantly being AWOL during a large portion of your service constitutes "doing his duties" these days.
And Kerry, what a douchebag! He has the audacity to come back from a war, having seen the horrors of war first hand, and be against the war! Traitor!
Don't say he wasn't succesful. He is a self made man. He has hundreds of millions. Those don't appear out of no where.
If by being successful and a self made man you mean that your daddy bails you out when things aren't going so well, then yes, George W Bush has been very successful and is a self made man indeed.
Hadn't the recount been halted by the supreme court, he may well have lost both the popular and the electoral vote. We'll never know. It's been four years already, though, it's about time the Democrats got over it.
Afghanistan was justified. Too bad they screwed it up. Royally. The US-installed puppet government controls...Kabul. The rest of the country is controlled by the same warlords who where in charge during the Taliban. Heck, before the Taliban even. And Bin Ladin is still unaccounted for.
Not only has he failed in further protecting you from the terrorists, he has created a whole new breeding ground for them. Good job there. And what about those WMDs that no one seems to be able to locate, that allegedly posed an "urgent threat" to American interests?
At this point Bush apologists will start rambling about how "Saddam was an evil man who killed his own people and the US liberated the Iraqi people". And of course they're right. But guess what? That was not the reason given for invading Iraq in the first place. Heck, if I was looking for places to rid of evil dictators committing atrocities, I'd start in Africa.
If there's any country you should haven been going after, though, it's Saudi Arabia. 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis, in case you didn't know. And Saudi Arabia has been getting off very lightly, I may add.
And 90% of what you say here is completely irrelevant. HE TOOK A VACATION. What...!?
Bush has taken more vacations than any other president in US history. You know, if you're supposed to be president, you're supposed to show up at work once in a while.
Would you rather vote for kerry who threw away his Vietnam medals?
See above.
The one who called Palistinian suicide bombers soldiers instead of terrorists when they would blow up buses with kids in them?
Semantics.
Let's see. Kerry wants to repeal Bush's tax cuts for the rich. Kerry does not want to repeal any tax cuts for the middle class and below. I can only assume you are rich if you are opposed to this.
Who's wasting money though? It wouldn't be that Bush fellow who's currently throwing out millions and millions a week on an absolutely pointless war, would it?
Would you vote for a religious right-wing nut?
Would you vote for the guy who can't even attack the right country?
As if the Bush campaign is any better, you mean?
Ever checked Kerry's website though? He lays out some of his plans there.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:26 am

Especially about Africa. Too bad it isnt of any "economic value".. >=( :eyes
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

theflyingfinn

Post by theflyingfinn » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:39 am

You Americans know how hysterically many of us Europeans laugh whenever your President shows up on our news to reflect on the world situation? He's a living joke, and we're scared to death of what he might come up with next.
Last edited by theflyingfinn on Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won't diss you on the internet... Coz my mama taught me better than that!

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:35 am

Bush is NOT a religious fanatic. He pretends and tries to be, but no honest Christian would behave like he does.
A Lucid Mind

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:14 am

Lucid Faia wrote:
Bush is NOT a religious fanatic. He pretends and tries to be, but no honest Christian would behave like he does.
Of course he isn't a Christian. How a Christian would be able to support the death penalty is absolutely beyond me ("Thou shalt not kill", anyone?). And that's only strike one!

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:10 pm

Why are you guys saying Kerry is a traidor for going to war? Isn´t it an obligation in US? Serve when asked? Was he a volunteer?
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:21 pm

I don't like Dick, or Bush... >=(

*Really? Maybe thats why you are so grouchy!?* :D

D'OH! :red:

I meant Dick Cheney&George Bush together....bad presidential team. But Bush would screw up anyway no matter who his Vice-P is.....
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:23 pm

when are the elections???
Gold-Booga.C-Guard