Some news from Timo Tolkki

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Figaro1
Some news from Timo Tolkki

Post by Figaro1 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:49 pm

Timo Tolkki posted this on the forum's Finnish side and asked if someone would translate it here. Well, I tried my best and you can see the result below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the moment there's not much to tell you. I haven't had the strength to be in my studio a lot but otherwise I'm feeling a bit better now.

I've been actually thinking about selling the whole studio, because it seems that my healing process takes time and all the expensive equipment in my studio is just hanging there for nothing. So if any of you has 200 000 euros of unnecessary money, contact me. Some exploding-work under the studio in solid rock isn't helping(they are building a parking hall there)

I need to mix the Raumanmeren Juhannus show that's coming out in(Finnish)tv. I listened through it and it sounded good. Some repairing had to be done so that even the rest of our reputation wouldn't go away. Some bass lines were fixed with Jartsi and also some notes from(a drunken) Jens. I myself made so many mistakes(I was sober though)that I don't even won't to repair them. So all musicians, take a pencil and mark them.

I have also moved to Helsinki and it has been refreshing. There's nothing new to tell about the future of Stratovarius. No recordings have been made and we are not planning on doing a record. I understand Timo(Kotipelto)is doing great with his solo career and he deserves it.

When time passes, I am not saying it's not possible that new cd's would come out. But before that, I need to get better, so that I won't be again taking blood-spitting female singers into the band. Katriina is so strong a person that she gets on on her own and I think she was born to be a star.

The website hasn't been updated because there's nothing new to tell you and the band is "on ice", so to speak.

What comes to the situation between me and Timo(Kotipelto), it's a fact that it's no one elses business but the two of us. But if and when there's something to report, it will be reported. At the moment it seems a good solution that the band is "on ice". What comes to the comments of Stratosfear(a Finnish person who has posted a lot of things on the Finnish side), it's nice to notice that I am not alone with my paranoidic thoughts.

What comes to "prooving things" and the "hardness of the forthcoming cd" I can say that if any more cd's come out, they are never made to come up to expectations by other people, but purely for the joy of making music and also because it's been our profession. I myself haven't got sad from the talks by critics for some time now. But I do think that art and all kinds of music, cannot be criticised

How many of you can really say what kind of music is bad and what is good without being arrogant? An opinion is a different matter, but you can also point it out differently. "I don't like..." and "this and that is shit!" are totally different things. But if one really thinks he/she owns the talent to define overally what is "good" and what is "bad" music, I congratule him/her with sincerity!! In my own life, concerning this thing, a remarkable growing-up has happened(not only to my body weight) and those things I said about Waldo years back, seem very strange.(Not to mention Waldo is a great guy, we've met and talked). So growing up is possible(also aside from body weight)

May you all enjoy the beginning of winter, and keep on hanging on, despite the darkness.
Last edited by Figaro1 on Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

Natas

Re: Some news from Timo Tolkki

Post by Natas » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:14 pm

Thats was very nice of you to do!

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:29 am

Yes, thank you! *kiss* :D
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:50 am

Thanks for the translating. And thank you Timo for posting this. Now I feel a bit more confident. And about growing up, behaving like a mature man and about music taste: yes, it's true. I myself listen to other kind of music, not just metal or rock, even if these two genres are my favourite ones. Music can be declared in many ways, but there's a kind of declaration, that will always be true: music is for expressing or impressing feelings.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:05 am

Gosh! thanks a lot man, i really appreciate what u have done for us, and thanks Timo, keep up the good work man!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:56 am

thnx a lot dude , this was very nice , it's nie to hear some news from the band , it's not too much , but at least we all know that they still active , cheers !!!!

thnx again :D:D:D:D:D
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:42 pm

Ok, I totally understand that new replies might pop up after this but I need to say that the whole text was indeed posted by Timo to the finnish side of the forum and he said he is grateful if someone translates it to the English side as well. Being (cough, cough) "quite good" in speaking/writing english I decided to help him.

Rocka Rolla!

Figaro

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:01 pm

Figaro, thanks! :D

Viper

Post by Viper » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:00 am

thanks figaro, i might only be new to the whole stratovarius experience, and timo, but i love the music and would be really unhappy, if anything happened to any of the members, and i agree with timo, bands should only play if they love music, not to make money, and i must say, i enjoy listening to there music alot, infact, i must thank timo, coz it is becuase of him that i have decided that i'm not gonna quit guitar, and i'm gonna learn to play the genre of guitar he plays, THANKS TOMI (hope he can hear)

oooh, and was also wondering, would there be anyway for me to talk to him personaly, i want to thank him and ask him how learnt to play the guitar.

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:41 am

This is probably the most discouraging news i've heard in weeks, about anything... :(

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:59 pm

thanks for the translation.......
well he said what had to be said.....

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:55 pm

What comes to the comments of Stratosfear(a Finnish person who has posted a lot of things on the Finnish side),
Can someone explain what stratosfear said?

KaiHansen85

Post by KaiHansen85 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:42 pm

Thanks Figaro, and Thanks Timo!!!!

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:10 am

Tolkki is the greatest musican I know, not only as a composer/player but also as a man. Thank you
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:32 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote: Can someone explain what stratosfear said?
Well, during the last few months he has been assuring everyone that the whole situation around the band is planned and they are makinga new record in silence, and after the supposed recordings are finished, they will make a "comeback" with the "old line-up"(Timo K and Jörg). However, Tolkki said that NO recordings have been made and that everything is "open" what comes to future plans.

bmaires

Post by bmaires » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:37 pm

Thanks Figaro1. It's great to have news from TT.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:47 pm

yeah, great to read something new about TT....
thx figaro1

Slayer

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:54 pm

oh man at last some news from Tolkki.

that helps a lot for one that loves Strato´s music.

Thanks for the translation figaro1.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:11 pm

[quote="Figaro1""Timo Tolkki"]But before that, I need to get better, so that I won't be again taking blood-spitting female singers into the band. [/quote]
:lol:
Oh...dear Katriina...we love you and we miss you!
:P
What comes to the comments of Stratosfear(a Finnish person who has posted a lot of things on the Finnish side), it's nice to notice that I am not alone with my paranoidic thoughts.
didn´t get it... :?: :?: :?:
What did the dude say?
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:51 pm

Figaro1 wrote:
fifthtea_sausage wrote: Can someone explain what stratosfear said?
Well, during the last few months he has been assuring everyone that the whole situation around the band is planned and they are makinga new record in silence, and after the supposed recordings are finished, they will make a "comeback" with the "old line-up"(Timo K and Jörg). However, Tolkki said that NO recordings have been made and that everything is "open" what comes to future plans.
perkele

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:37 pm

paranoidic thoughts indeed..
:lol:
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:50 pm

It is great to finally have some news! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:21 pm

All the interesting stuff happens on the finnish side... :(
Like the Phoenix I rise...

Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:29 pm

Yeah you're right...at least there's somebody kind enough to translate the important news to us :wink: It's good to have new from Mr. Tolkki by the way, he seems to get better and better every time he writes to us and that's awesome.

redmegaman

Keep going

Post by redmegaman » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:36 am

for the past 2 years i have been complaning about Stratovarius coming to North America but after reading what Timo wrote i see that even if they do get together that they will never come to LA. But i will always listen to their music new and old. :arrow: :bandit:
Metal bands come and go but strato will live forever. (even though they are all live 50 yrs old and...... you know what Stratovarius rules.

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:40 pm

Not regarding the post of Timo, just for fact's sake:

A band does not decide where they play, it's up to their tour manager and record label. I really hop you US fans could see Stratovarius one day but instead of demanding that from the band, please push the promotors and tour-manager of Strato...

As far as Tolkki's news go, I am glad to see he is fit enough to post what I translated and I wish him all the best. It's very sad that his situation is what it is but I am hoping he will "rise from the ashes like the might Phoenix"