Stratovarius sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HvyMtlClickWitch
Stratovarius sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:39 am

Every major band has it's haters. Metallica, Pantera, Sabbath, Maiden....they all have people who can't stand them. But have you EVER heard anyone say that they totally hate Stratovarius?

"Oh my god, Stratovarius....i fucking hate them, they're a bunch of no-talent hacks....." I have NEVER heard anyone say anything like that.

Thoughts, anyone?
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Sknight2112

Re: Stratovarius sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sknight2112 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:57 am

cant hate Strat, all their songs (everythign ive heard atleast) are great and they seem to be a frendly group of guys from what ive read on the website. Thats not true of many other bands...

....im sure somewhere in Seattle there is a guy living in his parents basement who hates Stratovarius :wink:
United metallians ready to strike!!!!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:39 am

Actually i used to........don't like them, i was more into Linkim Park and stuff like that years ago, and them i place a bet with a friend of mine.....and i loose, so i had to hear a CD that he was gonna give me, and since i didn't like Stratovarius, 'cuz that guy was in love of them.....he gave THAT CD, but them i like them.....and here am i, like a Strato-fan!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:43 am

you just can't simply hate a band like them , well that's what i think , obviously that you don't wanna like to everybody , but it's difficult to hate them , they are so good in all they do ... :D :D
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

Jack The Ripper

Who hates stratovarius???

Post by Jack The Ripper » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:03 am

I believe that every band has people that hate it.I hate for exmple Slipknot....
Still mankind is falling, planning it's ruin everyday.But hey we can still stop this madness together.Concider that this world could be free from all this hatred
There would be no borders no laws of anykind

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:27 pm

It's one thing to hate a band, it's another thing to say they suck.

One band I completely and totally hate is Marylin Manson. Another is Linkin Park. The list could go on forever. These two, I hate, because I hate their music; not their talent. Hell, Linkin Park's main vocals are great, I don't deny it. And Marylin Manson sure has something (I'm yet to find out what, but hey.)

The same happens to non-commercial bands like Stratovarius. You can hate them, completely; it's quite fine. But noone, and I mean NO ONE, can say that they suck. Those five are among the best in the world playing the instruments they play, and no one can deny that. You can dislike the way they sound, but you can't deny their skills.

They rock anyway, so people who don't like them can just **** *** :headbang:
perkele

shaz

Post by shaz » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:59 pm

I though this topic was just one of those typical troll-started no-good things.. I was wrong.
Actually I do know a lot of people who say Stratovarius sucks.. strangely they are all lifestyle-death/black-metallists.

Asking them about the exact thing that makes strato suck, I usually get one of a few frequently repeated answers:
"Kotipelto is screaming like a woman in every song" ..
"They only do sucky pop music.."
or the all time favourite: "Well uh.. I dunno.. they just suck."

I find these opinions pretty fragilely based, since they - clearly - are not even based on the truth. I'm yet to see a person who dislikes strato for some real reason.
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:37 pm

I know a guy who is a guitar-addict and he says Strato sucks ecause it's always 4/4 and Tolkki is not a extreme-technic player. He alway says "Stratovarius, it's music fort 12yo kids, just listen to Symphony X you moron." and things like that :D

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:33 pm

Damn Topic Subject!
:pissed2:

But actually, i find a lot of fokls that say Kotipelto sing like a woman and can´t stand his sing like :fly ie to the skie ies forever ali ive
:lol:
I find it charming and unique, actually
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:46 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote:Damn Topic Subject!

I figured it would get people's attention. :wink:

Hmm.....charming and unique....is there something you're not telling us, MajinD? :wink: :shock: :lol:

So there actually ARE Stratovarius haters in the world. Wow. I'm assuming, therefore, that they don't like any bands with testicle-crushing lyrics, than?

bmaires

Post by bmaires » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:46 pm

The people who say that Stratovarius sucks..... For me they don't know what is music.

A few friends of mine (good musicians) most like dream theater, but when i show them stratovarius they say: "They have the best keyboard player of the world, the guy is very good".

I'm not a musician, so i can't say if they are the best of something like that. But one thing is true: the music that i most like to ear is stratovarius. that's why they are my favourite group. of course if the musics are not good played i don't like to ear.

For me (like i said i'm not a musician, just a listner) TT is the best composer of the world (we can feel his musics), and of course "how JJ can do that, hooow".

-----------------
"O que me dói não é
O que há no coração
Mas essas coisas lindas
Que nunca existirão..."
Fernado Pessoa

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:54 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
MAJINDIEGO wrote:Damn Topic Subject!

I figured it would get people's attention. :wink:

Hmm.....charming and unique....is there something you're not telling us, MajinD? :wink: :shock: :lol:
Wait me to become MajinRambo and come to US, and you shall see it for yourself!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
...it´s a miracle.

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:55 pm

"I hate Stratovarius". Iv'e heard that saying sometimes by some people (mainly from 14 to 19 year old kids), I usually respond them by giving a lecture: "Hate is far too strong of a word to critisize music".
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:09 pm

I have heard a few people say that they did not like Stratovarius Music, BUT I have NEVER heard anyone say they did not like Stratovarius as a band, or as people.

On lots of other band forums you might see some shit-slinging against Strato, but its probably jealousy-based--or just plain cruelty. a person can just overlook that childishness....
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:55 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:I know a guy who is a guitar-addict and he says Strato sucks ecause it's always 4/4 and Tolkki is not a extreme-technic player. He alway says "Stratovarius, it's music fort 12yo kids, just listen to Symphony X you moron." and things like that :D
That reminds me of people who listen to Dream Theater just so they can say "Yo yo, I listen to progressive metal yo, it's a lot harder to play and it's much better yo". It's funny, really. :mrgreen:
perkele

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:06 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:I know a guy who is a guitar-addict and he says Strato sucks ecause it's always 4/4 and Tolkki is not a extreme-technic player. He alway says "Stratovarius, it's music fort 12yo kids, just listen to Symphony X you moron." and things like that :D
That reminds me of people who listen to Dream Theater just so they can say "Yo yo, I listen to progressive metal yo, it's a lot harder to play and it's much better yo". It's funny, really. :mrgreen:
Hahaha, that's hilarious. I've never heard that. Most people here go "Progressive metal? What's that mean? Is that when the white guy raps over the metal track?"

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:25 pm

I think hate is too strong word. Hatred is rather connected with pain and suffering. How can anybidy hate band or music? If it's really so, liestening might be painful, so... unless someone like such feeling...

But it is indeed, it is obvoius that everyone don't like particular band or kind of music, but there are people who says insulting words and remarks about it, I cannot see rational reasons why...
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:40 pm

Of course there are people who "hate" them. Here are enough people talking bad about Death and Black Metal sometimes, which is equally wrong, it´s just about opinions.. so, whatever ;)
Delusions Of Grandeur

Maka

Post by Maka » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:54 am

well... actually I know a couple of guys who listen to argentine metal, which is quite heavy... I mean, you can compare it with Black or Death metal, but more clasic... those guys just can't stand Stratovarius because of Koti's voice... they call him... eh... well, that he's kind of homosexual... only because he can reach such a highes tones...

Allison

Post by Allison » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:52 am

Everyone is entitled to like or dislike whatever band/music they see fit to and just because someone likes or dislikes any particular band /music, it does NOT mean they know or do not know what is good or bad music. It is purely a personal preference and shd should be respected as such. That's just my opinion. If someone does not like Sentenced or Bathory I surely do not think "oh, he/she does not know good music." I just think hey, that's their business. Nobody is obligated to like or dislike any band/music.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:51 am

So what if someone hates them? I don't see the problem. Hey, not everyone can be fan boys :wink:

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:11 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:
Yeah, realy funny indeed. "The harde to ply, the better" is absolute nonsense. So The Beatles' music was total bullshit ?

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:05 pm

[quote="MaFiaBoY]Yeah, realy funny indeed. "The harde to ply, the better" is absolute nonsense. So The Beatles' music was total bullshit ?[/quote]
Great point. Even thou the late Beatles (hippie ones) were getting a little complicated...
:wink:
...it´s a miracle.

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:06 pm

Allison wrote:Everyone is entitled to like or dislike whatever band/music they see fit to and just because someone likes or dislikes any particular band /music, it does NOT mean they know or do not know what is good or bad music. It is purely a personal preference and shd should be respected as such. That's just my opinion. If someone does not like Sentenced or Bathory I surely do not think "oh, he/she does not know good music." I just think hey, that's their business. Nobody is obligated to like or dislike any band/music.
I disagree.
Anyone who has really tried to listen to stratovarius music and spent some time on it, and then says they 'hate it' is a complete dumbass. Their comments should be stricken from the record.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:01 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote:Even thou the late Beatles (hippie ones) were getting a little complicated...
:wink:
Bah, it was all Lennon and his frigging sitar. :roll:
fifthtea_sausage wrote:Anyone who has really tried to listen to stratovarius music and spent some time on it, and then says they 'hate it' is a complete dumbass. Their comments should be stricken from the record.
I agree with FTS, for once. :wink: The problem is that it requires a person to, as he said, spend some time on it. Which, to a quick-to-judge sort of character, is asking a lot. :(

Txemit

Post by Txemit » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:14 pm

Realli exists anybody who hates maiden ? :shock:

Allison

Post by Allison » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:39 am

Babylon wrote:So what if someone hates them? I don't see the problem. Hey, not everyone can be fan boys :wink:
X-actly! 8)

Maka

Post by Maka » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:23 am

Txemit wrote:Realli exists anybody who hates maiden ? :shock:

surely it does... I know a girl who loves Britney Spears... she just can't stand maiden...

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:15 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote: I disagree.
Anyone who has really tried to listen to stratovarius music and spent some time on it, and then says they 'hate it' is a complete dumbass. Their comments should be stricken from the record.
Oh man, comments like this one remind me why I rarely check the Stratovarius Talk section.

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:52 am

Never actually heard anyone saying that "hates strato", only saying that doesn't like the music.
But on the web it's not that hard to find someone who really hates them.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=FP-pu ... ovarius%22