Countdown to Maniac Dance Video Online

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
OhMo
Re: Countdown to Maniac Dance Video Online

Post by OhMo » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:44 pm

the file extension is " .asx "

" Advanced Stream Redirector (.asx) files, also known as Windows Media Metafiles, are text files that provide information about a file stream and its presentation. ASX files go beyond the simple task of defining playlists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist. ASX files can point to any media file type that Windows Media Player recognizes and supports. "

JEngstrom

Post by JEngstrom » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:49 pm

Is it just me who thinks that there are to many camera angels?
Threy are changing cameras every second... I'm getting dizzy...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:52 pm

OhMo wrote:the file extension is " .asx "

" Advanced Stream Redirector (.asx) files, also known as Windows Media Metafiles, are text files that provide information about a file stream and its presentation. ASX files go beyond the simple task of defining playlists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist. ASX files can point to any media file type that Windows Media Player recognizes and supports. "
So by reading the .asx file in the notepad, you can get the URL of the actual video and download it :) Thanks for that
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Invinoveritas

Post by Invinoveritas » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:48 pm

I just love the Maniac Dance, really rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StratoLink

Post by StratoLink » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:51 pm

Oh god, that girl in the video is as hot as hell.

I personally don't like the song that much, I really don't like Kotipelto's voice in it, thanks god he doesn't use that voice in the rest of the album (opps I think I spoiled something :( ).

Old voice (Black Diamond, Speed of Light, etc...) >>>>>>> New Voice (Maniac Dance)
Stratovarius, The best power-melodic-symphonic metal band ever.
The legend of Zelda, The Best Game Ever.
Devil May Cry 3 Best Action Game Ever.
"I love this!, this is for what i live for!, I am absolutely crazy about it!!!"- Dante.

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:02 am

Yeah, it is hard to watch, with the shot moving about all the time.. but I guess it's fitting. I kind of feel like I miss something, though, and wanna rewind and use slo-mo. :?

About the thin girl - well, using conventionally pretty girls is one way to catch the eye of anyone watching and get them interested in the song... it's hardly a new trick. I don't say I like it, but that's just the way marketing works.

I like Koti's voice. I like when he uses the lower notes. :D
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:42 am

[url]mms://win.m21stream.com/sanctuary_records/noise/stratovarius/maniacdance.wmv[/url]

Right Click: Save Target As.
It just doesn't work...
I think its streaming from a file located only locally on the server, that cannot be directly accessed from the outside, only through streaming.
Or something anyway :(

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:08 am

view it from the main page

ok, my thoughts on the video
music: much heavier than before reminded me a lot of megadeth (a mix of trust and sweating bullets)
lyrics: very psychological (but really well made)
koti's voice: i like it, he can pull of low notes as well or better than the next singer
video: watch megadeth's trust, almost the same style...
overall: 8/10

i like it a lot, when i buy the cd it will be in my favorites list, but it wont be in my top strato songs (i like Fight a lot more)
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Solberg

Post by Solberg » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:01 am

the filming of the video is excellent ... but it doesn't have any interesting plot... :roll:

and the song i don't like it either...i thin maniac dance and gotterdamerung are the worst songs of the album

do you know if they are going to play any of the "new" album on their tour??

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:42 am

JEngstrom wrote:Is it just me who thinks that there are to many camera angels?
Threy are changing cameras every second... I'm getting dizzy...
Read some posts on page 4 and you'll see you are not the only one :)

I get dizzy after about one minute.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:31 am

I cannot stream, because my download bandwidth is always near full. Plus, it is insanely hard to view the video again if I want to. Much easier with a complete file.

So please, someone upload the whole .avi or .mpeg or whatever to some place. We all need it. I want to see that video and I'm not interrupting downloads just for 4 minutes of crappy quality video and sound.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:14 pm

Latuman wrote:So please, someone upload the whole .avi or .mpeg or whatever to some place. We all need it. I want to see that video and I'm not interrupting downloads just for 4 minutes of crappy quality video and sound.
Why not buying the single when it´s released? Or are you among them who find the prices of the singles are too high nowadays? :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:34 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Latuman wrote:So please, someone upload the whole .avi or .mpeg or whatever to some place. We all need it. I want to see that video and I'm not interrupting downloads just for 4 minutes of crappy quality video and sound.
Why not buying the single when it´s released? Or are you among them who find the prices of the singles are too high nowadays? :roll:
It's not in the stores yet. Releasing a proper .avi file would've been really easy, they decided not to, and I'm pissed. Sure I'll buy the single whether it has the video or not, but I want this video now.

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:53 pm

quite dark thing, sounds fresh and new. TK never sang like this, song is good, but I'm not ehusiastic about the video. It's just a set of pictures, no story, plot or action. Why the director is considered as a famous one?
But still, as long as it allows to promote this song and Stratovarius in media (specially TV) the task is done.

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:30 pm

Latuman wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:
It's not in the stores yet. Releasing a proper .avi file would've been really easy, they decided not to, and I'm pissed. Sure I'll buy the single whether it has the video or not, but I want this video now.
So do I !!

Sonata1980

Post by Sonata1980 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 pm

I don't like the song, because it's really boring. Not a good idea to make a boring song even more boring with a mostly black and white video. I just said what I think about the whole album, so I don't say anything more about it. In the past it was for me Stratovarius -> Sonata Arctica -> Nightwish. Now it's Sonata Arctica -> many other bands -> Stratovarius. I hope "Fight" will be the next single - no other song on the album is good enough for this.

Most of you are maybe hardcore fans, but compare the new songs to new songs of other bands. There are far better things than this album one can buy today. It is hard for me to write this, but I am very disappointed...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:29 pm

How can one song change an opinion about a band who has already released 10 albums ?

Solberg

Post by Solberg » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:46 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
notice that europe isn't the only continent who has strato (and metal) fans of the world, there are many fans in south america who doesn't have the same benfits as people in europe and the same goes with the prices whic are 3 times higher, eventhough we continue buying cd's

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:23 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:How can one song change an opinion about a band who has already released 10 albums ?
Maybe he/she is a downloader... :roll:

@Solberg: You have a good point. But actually I meant that only as a reply to Latuman, who seems to be a Finn too.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:41 pm

I like the video.
Period.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Sonata1980

Post by Sonata1980 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:49 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:How can one song change an opinion about a band who has already released 10 albums ?
Well, yes I downloaded the new album. And I am really looking forward to reading your comments about it, when its released. Of course I will buy it - but only to support the creation of the next album. :D

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:57 am

I cannot stream, because my download bandwidth is always near full.
This could be easily fixed! Just throttle the bandwidth for the download of some of that por.. I mean those ware... ahem, I meant all those open-source-project iso images and public domain literary works :)
Plus, it is insanely hard to view the video again if I want to. Much easier with a complete file.
Also easily fixed! Buy the single :)
So please, someone upload the whole .avi or .mpeg or whatever to some place. We all need it. I want to see that video and I''m not interrupting downloads just for 4 minutes of crappy quality video and sound.
It's also easily fixed but I'll be damned if I'll tell you how to do it :lol:

If you feel there is something wrong in the world that can easily be righted, go forth and write that great utility that rights that wrong, don't complain here (to people who don't even own the masters anymore).

Sanctuary owns the master, it is properly their decision how to release the material (especially if some method of release is a cost for them). They wanted to do it streaming. End of story. I actually suggested Bittorrent to Kai. He wasn't so amused :lol:

I seem to think there is other material on the single as well, except for the video. Must check that i think, we should probably clear up about the various formats and configurations at some point.

I like the video! It looks a lot better in real bandwidth of course.
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:25 pm

I bet, that there are programs, that can record the streamed videos. But I don't know, how good it is. Is it the same gross of megabytes (I mean, mebibytes :lol: )?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:29 pm

JensJohansson wrote:If you feel there is something wrong in the world that can easily be righted, go forth and write that great utility that rights that wrong, don't complain here (to people who don't even own the masters anymore).
OK so we're gonna spam Sanctuary forum if they have one :D

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:43 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:OK so we're gonna spam Sanctuary forum if they have one :D
Just get us the link!
We'll do our thing.

8)

Just let htcdude know. :D
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:51 pm

I finally got to see it--my son's computer is very slow about downloading. :roll:
I like the video, but I like some of the older ones better(KOJ, SOS, HHAL)and the band should've been in it more.:? The lady did a fine job! Anyone can see she was hired for more than her beauty--she has real dance talent. :)
All in all, I think it was a good Video--MTV(and David Letterman) will be proud to show it, because after USA tour, Strato, I feel, will become more popular here. :)
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:41 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:OK so we're gonna spam Sanctuary forum if they have one :D
Equinox wrote:We'll do our thing.

8)

Just let htcdude know. :D
LOL. True. Let us gather in the Sanctuary forum, and they'll learn, what real spamming is. :lol:
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:57 pm

CottonCandy wrote:I finally got to see it--my son's computer is very slow about downloading. :roll:
I like the video, but I like some of the older ones better(KOJ, SOS, HHAL)and the band should've been in it more.:? The lady did a fine job! Anyone can see she was hired for more than her beauty--she has real dance talent. :)
All in all, I think it was a good Video--MTV(and David Letterman) will be proud to show it, because after USA tour, Strato, I feel, will become more popular here. :)
not Larry King? :wink:

debro

woot

Post by debro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:04 pm

nice vid! i like it! i still say the song sounds much like a late Megadeth single, voice strenght and solo included, but that's a good thing, i like it!

oh... and i managed to get the file :roll: but i wont tell! i'm afraid at jens :(

:lol:

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:14 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:
CottonCandy wrote:I finally got to see it--my son's computer is very slow about downloading. :roll:
not Larry King? :wink:
:lol:
Larry King doesn't have rock acts on his show! :D
But, now that you mention it......=P
:D
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)