Countdown to Maniac Dance Video Online

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
CottonCandy
Re: woot

Post by CottonCandy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:18 pm

debro wrote:nice vid! i like it! i still say the song sounds much like a late Megadeth single, voice strenght and solo included, but that's a good thing, i like it!

oh... and i managed to get the file :roll: but i wont tell! i'm afraid at jens :(

:lol:

Megadeth ???
Thats what I have been saying! =P
Like MotoPsycho, or SofD, or Arnarchy in UK.
I love MegaD! :)
Maybe the band will get to hangout with Megadeth on the USA tour--that would be Cool! :)
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

MaFiaBoY

Re: woot

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:23 pm

CottonCandy wrote:
debro wrote:nice vid! i like it! i still say the song sounds much like a late Megadeth single, voice strenght and solo included, but that's a good thing, i like it!

oh... and i managed to get the file :roll: but i wont tell! i'm afraid at jens :(

:lol:

Megadeth ???
Thats what I have been saying! =P
Like MotoPsycho, or SofD, or Arnarchy in UK.
I love MegaD! :)
Maybe the band will get to hangout with Megadeth on the USA tour--that would be Cool! :)
Maybe they will :lol Mustaine keeps touring with bands who have nothing similar with Megadeth. Righ now Megadeth is co-headlining a US tour with Dream Theater :headbang:
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Latuman

Re: Countdown to Maniac Dance Video Online

Post by Latuman » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:46 pm

Posting is broken...

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:49 pm

For Jens:

Installing necessary programs for conserving bandwidth? Not worth it.

Cant buy the single. Not out yet. Duh.

I do not program, so I cannot write an utility for anything. I just expect some sanity with certain issues, like these. I dont know who is responsible for it, but it damn well wont change the fact that this streaming just sucks plain and simple. If SOMEONE has ANY power to do something about it, I would think it's the band or webmaster or whoever has some power and reads these posts.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:28 am

Beast_Pete wrote:I bet, that there are programs, that can record the streamed videos.
I can assure you, there are. :wink:

Apparently not many people here know about those programs.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:13 am

or they are waiting for the cd with a much better quality video 8)
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:50 am

Well, to be quite honest, I actually understand the band's/record company's position. The fact that the video will be included on the single is an incentive for people to actually BUY the single. I know most people (at least I think so...) here will buy it anyway, but don't forget, we're just a very tiny fraction of Stratovarius' fans. :)

Of course, I'd rather be allowed the download the video, since I'll buy the single and the album anyway.

I don't blame the record company for wanting to motivate people to buy the single, however. :wink:
perkele

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:45 am

I think that singles are simply a waste of money. They charge you something like 12 dollars for a single that includes one or two songs that will be on the full album, plus one slightly modified (e.g. demo or edit) version of another song that is also on the full album, and in the end you are just paying for one miserable song that appears exclusively on the single cd. I just don't see the point. Tracklists for singles usually look something like this:

1) Maniac Dance ------------------------> included in full album
2) Maniac Dance (demo version) ------> not really a "new" song
3) Maniac Dance (live somewhere)----> again, nothing new
4) Fight (with backing vocals)----------> more of the same
5) The New Song------------------------> the only real song that is not included in the full album
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Boy-85

Post by Boy-85 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:46 am

There are people who buy singles also, like the hardcore fans who want to get as much material from the band as possible, so why not release singles as well. Some might think it's just another way for bands/record companies to get money. But if there is a market for it, why not go for it? Personally I am going to buy the single, and I don't feel being ripped-off. This is obvious, but if you don't want to buy something, then don't.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:45 pm

I don't buy singles, usually, Stealth. But I have two reasons to buy this one.

1- I want to make my Stratovarius collection complete. So far I have every album and the DVD, but I haven't found any single yet, although I intend to get them all.

2- This single has some other stuff TT mentioned :) Like an interview with the band, if I'm not mistaken. Old post, so I might be wrong.
perkele

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:50 pm

Stealth wrote:I think that singles are simply a waste of money.
Then the solution is rather simple : don't buy them !
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:46 pm

As a rule, I do not buy singles, either. But, in Maniac Dance's case I may make an exception because it is special in many ways.
It is like a story/revelation, written from TTs heart.
It is like the calm after the storm--in a band that almost came apart at the seams, then mended itself.
It is like the beautiful Phoenix that rises out of the ashes to a fresh start&different life.
It is something that is just very special about this single&I want it! :D
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

Boy-85

Post by Boy-85 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:2- This single has some other stuff TT mentioned :) Like an interview with the band, if I'm not mistaken. Old post, so I might be wrong.
From the 'New Video'- thread:
TimoTolkki wrote:The video is ready. It will be included on the Maniac Dance single and also in the actual album, which also has a 10 minute rockumentary with Timo Kotipelto´s and my interviews and some fun stuff.
So it's going to be like on TK's 'Coldness'.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:30 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Horses oompah! Please read the Twilight Legionnaire´s post above yours. For collector-fans the singles are very interesting stuff and when the singles become old, it´s even very rare to find them.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:05 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:
I don't know why there's a tendency in this forum to take things personal :)

I wasn't telling people not to buy singles if they want to, I was just saying I wouldn't do it. MaFIaBoY, this might be a revelation to you, but in case you didn't notice, "not buying them" is exactly what I do. :)

Aneete

Post by Aneete » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:53 am

So, about that song... I Love IT! just hear the lyric!! their new album is all about their problems, and this song is about Tolki´s madness. Thats why, is this song so crazy and strange. About that video, I don´t like it, becouse there are many cuts and Story is too fast... I have heard all new strato album and I must say... Strato have changed...But I thing, that it is step forward. I like their new style...they are more rock and less symphonic metal with orchestry stuff, what lots people don´t like...

Lighting

Post by Lighting » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:36 pm

It was good song. Long life to Strato!!

Latuman

Post by Latuman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:59 pm

Aneete wrote:...their new album is all about their problems, and this song is about Tolki´s madness...
1. Only a small portion of it.

2. I REALLY would prefer the term "illness" rather than "madness".

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:48 pm

I like this video, I really do! :)

I agree with some people here that it has a bit of a 'Megadeth-feeling' to it, but as long as it's not Dave Mustaine singing for Strato, who cares? =P

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Since this video is on-line I've been watching & listening it, and sound of this song reminds me something, I didn't know what, but today I got it. The sound is very similar to Metallica in 'Load' album - beginning, guitar in verse, guitar riff in chorus. And the part after the solo and before last chorus is almost like cut out from 'Load' album.

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

Also easily fixed! Buy the single :)

i would, if I could find it.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Freeman

Post by Freeman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:39 pm

OK video, but song wasn't very good :cry:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:39 pm

Electric Eye wrote:Since this video is on-line I've been watching & listening it, and sound of this song reminds me something, I didn't know what, but today I got it. The sound is very similar to Metallica in 'Load' album - beginning, guitar in verse, guitar riff in chorus. And the part after the solo and before last chorus is almost like cut out from 'Load' album.
you sure? cuz i dont remember any song from load (or reload by the way) that resembles slightly Maniac Dance (sufficient to say i heard it and really, really did not like it)
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:19 pm

not similar to any particular song, but the tone of guitar and kick drum is very similar to this on 'load' and 'reload' albums.

Icannon

Post by Icannon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:26 am

Hello everybody, this is my first post!

Unfortunately, it is not a good one.. Not only was I unimpressed with the song, which sounded like an attempt to pull some kind of style-switch in order to appeal to north american audiences, but the video too. The video, infact, was utterly dissapointing to me. It was empty. An over used concept with an over used execution. Nothing about it said stratovarius to me.

How I see it, stratovarius is attempting to become something else.. I find it disheartening, but to each his own. Maybe something good will come of it, since they are all so very talented. But from my view.. with bands like kamelot, epica and sonata arctica pushing powermetal forward, I just felt a little let down.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:28 am

dont worry, many people on the board think that maniac dance was the worst song in the album (i REALLY liked Figth, which is the other one i did not hear)
this album seems to be kinda like fourth dimension where they are changing again, but it is not so bad

metalmaiden

Post by metalmaiden » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:08 am

I don't know but...I like it!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Icannon wrote:Hello everybody, this is my first post!

Unfortunately, it is not a good one.. Not only was I unimpressed with the song, which sounded like an attempt to pull some kind of style-switch in order to appeal to north american audiences, but the video too. The video, infact, was utterly dissapointing to me. It was empty. An over used concept with an over used execution. Nothing about it said stratovarius to me.

How I see it, stratovarius is attempting to become something else.. I find it disheartening, but to each his own. Maybe something good will come of it, since they are all so very talented. But from my view.. with bands like kamelot, epica and sonata arctica pushing powermetal forward, I just felt a little let down.
Wellif you have to whine, at least you can't say they are redoing the same old stuff... :lol:
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

STRATOTINY

Post by STRATOTINY » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:24 pm

I don't understand why many of you guys are surprised with Stratovarius new "change". Have you heard the album Twilight Time? Well, songs like Maniac Dance are kind of like that album's songs, more heavy and with a rougher voice. This isn't new in Stratovarius, at the beginning of their career their music was heavier and sounds great too, and Maniac Dance is a great option for bringing back those rhythms and tones that sound so great when Stratovarius plays them. Or are you gonna tell me you didn't like Tolkki's solo? I think that this new cd is really gonna be a hit, Maniac Dance is great, and I've heard Fight, which is more like what we expected from Stratovarius, melodic, symphonic and with Tolkki's speed. This cd will be a mix of all of this, Stratovarius old tones, the symphonic ones and there might even be an acoustic, which are also great (Forever, Coming Home, etc). I'm definitely gonna buy this cd!!!

...StRaToVaRiUs In MoNtErReY MeXiCo!!!!! SePtEmBeR 12 2005!!!...

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:40 pm

I think that most of us like this song, but complains concern the video, not song itself. I like the song, but this video not as much.