I now Hate Tolkki

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Mathieu_Power
I now Hate Tolkki

Post by Mathieu_Power » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:07 pm

Sry but I can't like him anymore, same thing for every stratomember...

They dont want any opening act before their show in Canada and maybe in USA too... Thats realy stupid ! Do they think that smaller bands will grow bigger if they dont open for big names like strato ?Tolkki called here to tell that they will do the show alone, all smaller bands are kicked from the stage...I think they forgot that they began like that...

Well, for those who remember that I was opening for Strato, forget about that !

Fireblade

Re: I now Hate Tolkki

Post by Fireblade » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:19 pm

???????????????????????

Your band was opening for Strato? And now they are not? :cry:

Whatever the reason is, I don't think it's anything personal against your band. Maybe you would have better chance of a reply if you emailed Strato, than writing here...
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:25 pm

They surely would have reasons for doing that, but is it's your band, maybe you won't consider that... and this is something absolutely normal. Maybe I would feel the same, but maybe you are only angry.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:28 pm

On the other hand, if I go to see a band I like I prefer them to do both, the opening and the closing act. Would wish more bands played two sets with an intermission...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:32 pm

Jaakko wrote:On the other hand, if I go to see a band I like I prefer them to do both, the opening and the closing act. Would wish more bands played two sets with an intermission...
That's what DT usually does, 3 hours of awesome music, you don't regret your money :D
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:36 pm

I hope you get your problem straightened out, but you need to talk to the man personally(e-mail or phone, if possble)rather than bring your anger&problem to the board.
After all, what can we do about it ???
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:28 pm

Are you sure that it was TT himself that called canceling the opening acts?
And even if it was him, what makes you so sure that it was his only and exclusively decision? You must remember there are LOTS of people and things involved on big tours like this, the band, managers, contracts, record company, money, etc etc etc...
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:42 pm

Awesome....I dont know about you but I have never seen Stratovarius...I didnt pay 30 bucks a ticket to see some crappy garage band open...Im going for only 1 reason, to see Stratovarius kick some ass and I appreciate Tolkki looking out for his fans trying to give them as much as possible ...you will always have a chance to play shows every week!!! ..stratovarius this could be once in a life-time oppurtunity

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:46 pm

here in argentina KAPEL MAISTER will open the gig and they are really good, is a big oportunity to play in a big stadium like this one ( they allready did it with nightwish in the same place ) and i hope they dont cancel here

well are you sure it was timo who said this? why dont you ask jens

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:05 pm

The band is Into Eternity? :?

Thats fucking strange...IE was confirmed and i bet that TT cant cancel the open act before it...its on the concert contract...

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:11 pm

STRATOPHILIUS wrote:Awesome....I dont know about you but I have never seen Stratovarius...I didnt pay 30 bucks a ticket to see some crappy garage band open...Im going for only 1 reason, to see Stratovarius kick some ass and I appreciate Tolkki looking out for his fans trying to give them as much as possible ...you will always have a chance to play shows every week!!! ..stratovarius this could be once in a life-time oppurtunity
as ever...some people dont know how is be a musician without a record company and managers behind. :?

I bet if nobody gave a chance to strato, nobody would listen them, even you and me.

Man...to mantain a band is expensive, to record, found a place to play...if was so easy, everybody could play everyweek in big venues, so dont blame the guys and give a opportunity to new bands...or better, arrive in the place after their concert, its so simple...if you had a band i bet that you would be really pissed off if you were the open act for iron maiden for example and in some days dont.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:18 pm

STRATOPHILIUS wrote:Awesome....I dont know about you but I have never seen Stratovarius...I didnt pay 30 bucks a ticket to see some crappy garage band open...Im going for only 1 reason, to see Stratovarius kick some ass and I appreciate Tolkki looking out for his fans trying to give them as much as possible ...you will always have a chance to play shows every week!!! ..stratovarius this could be once in a life-time oppurtunity
I second that totally. I think you Mathieu just should take a good look at yourself.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:19 pm

exactly!, dont be sellfish

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:41 pm

so, did you like Stratovarius for their music or because they allowed you to play before them?
it is just ridicolous to change opinion because of this fact. I can understand you, if you were waiting for this day, playing before Stratovaius is a really big matter. You must be dissapionted, maybe cool down and re-think situation before writting such opinions.
To be honest, I don't like opening bands, not because I suppose in advance they are not good (sometimes they are), but I don't like waiting, and hear music I don' want to.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:45 pm

Usually opening bands are for drinking beer, warming up your throat and all that.. :roll:

:lol:

But when they're good, they catch your eye and ear.
perkele

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:48 pm

Where did you hear that? As far as I know, Into Eternity is going to be the opening act for Strato.

Besides, I could give a damn about opening acts. Usually when I go to a concert where there is no opening act, that means I get three hours worth of music instead of just two. Three hours of pure Strato doesn't sound bad to me!

Shaolin Phantom

Post by Shaolin Phantom » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:49 pm

Mathieu_Power wrote:They dont want any opening act before their show in Canada and maybe in USA too... Thats realy stupid ! Do they think that smaller bands will grow bigger if they dont open for big names like strato ?Tolkki called here to tell that they will do the show alone, all smaller bands are kicked from the stage...I think they forgot that they began like that...

Well, for those who remember that I was opening for Strato, forget about that !
Sure it's sad but I don't understand why we would care about if your band get to play or not? This is the stratovarius forum after all :lol:

What is the name of your band anyways?
Stand before it - there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.
Stay with the Tao, Move with the present.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:36 pm

I'm sorry to hear.

A band called Into Eternity i sgoing to open here in NYC.
I have no idea of who they are.
But I'll get there late. 8)
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Well, Into Eternity still seems to be opening for Strato (on the promoter's website), but Mathieu's band (Kinslayer) isn't there anymore...why your band and not the other one?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:53 pm

You'd probably be wise to miss Into Eternity; from what little I've heard of them they're not so great.

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:26 pm

Thats realy stupid ! Do they think that smaller bands will grow bigger if they dont open for big names like strato ?Tolkki called here to tell that they will do the show alone, all smaller bands are kicked from the stage...I think they forgot that they began like that...
No one cares about your pathetic unknown band, you lumpish swag-bellied skainsmate. It isn't Tolkki's problem to help your band grow. Go write a decent song and get some fans the real way.

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:27 pm

Strange... I can't imagine that TT deliberately kicks an already confirmed band out of the gig... It was Stratovarius that supported Sonata Arctica very boldly as they took them with them on their world tour; as I have heared, because they liked their music, right?

However, for me it was several times great to see support bands that I didn't know before. In that way I got in touch with Nightwish (on tour with Rage), Lacuna Coil (on tour with Lacrimosa), Blaze (on tour with Helloween), Steel Phrophet (on tour with Gamma Ray) and so on...

If there are bad bands supporting the ones I like to see... Well, I just ignore them and drink some more beer...
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:38 pm

Someone of the europeans here now if there will be any support band in Europe, because we have 2 Headliners ? :?

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Elazul wrote:Someone of the europeans here now if there will be any support band in Europe, because we have 2 Headliners ? :?
I wish they would kick out those swedish power rangers too :D Anyway, I don't think there will be one, or it would definitely not be worth the price.

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:02 am

MaFiaBoY wrote: I wish they would kick out those swedish power rangers too :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

EDIT: Ok I have nothing against HammerFall. Glory To The Brave is great :D

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:22 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:
Elazul wrote:Someone of the europeans here now if there will be any support band in Europe, because we have 2 Headliners ? :?
I wish they would kick out those swedish power rangers too :D Anyway, I don't think there will be one, or it would definitely not be worth the price.
Hmm on my ticket is written "Stratovarius/Hammerfal & Special Guest"

Special Guest = Support Band ? :?

Hades

Post by Hades » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:46 am

:idea: Special Guest = "the power rangers"
"And the curtains are falling and the legions are calling tonight"

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:59 am

Oh FUCK, there's gonna be ANOTHER band playing, that means even less Strato :(

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:09 am

oh my god, have you ever went to a live show!?

Support bands dont take time from strato, bands play before strato, for example if there are 2 bands before strato in the STRATOVARIUS gig they are going to start playing at 6 o clock so by 10 stratovarius can start and make theire gig!!

Sorry i think i wasnt clear because of my sucky english but if you dont know then dont talk or ASK

It seems that here people dont know shit
No one cares about your pathetic unknown band, you lumpish swag-bellied skainsmate. It isn't Tolkki's problem to help your band grow. Go write a decent song and get some fans the real way.
You selfish motherf***** how the fuck do you think that stratovarius got famouse!?, in the begining stratovarius where only listen by their mothers and because of gigs like this they could be know by people...

Remember that sometimes the local promoter make "deals" without asking stratovarius ...ect, as far as i know ( at least in argentina ) strato will only have 1 band before them, it seems good to me

Sorry i got really pissed off

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:23 am

Aresius wrote:Support bands dont take time from strato, bands play before strato, for example if there are 2 bands before strato in the STRATOVARIUS gig they are going to start playing at 6 o clock so by 10 stratovarius can start and make theire gig!!
Then why do bands that play without an opening act always play a longer show ?