Last Nights Show At Chicago

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
therabbidchimp
Last Nights Show At Chicago

Post by therabbidchimp » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:27 am

To everyone else, as if you needed to hear it again, these guys were amazing. This was something I have been waiting for since I heard about the band some years back. The energy was amazing, and unlike some bands I really thought Strato sounded just as good live as on record. I would also like to point out that the new bassist is amazing, and really seemed to be a good fit for the band, as much as I would have liked to see Jari.

To Stratovarius, I was the goon in the plain white shirt who managed to push his way to the front of the barrier and jumped around like an idiot for every song. You guys really did it, it was just awesome. Words cannot describe, I hope you can make it to a bit more convient area for me ( :D ) sometime in the future, as I had to spend the night on the streets of chicago with my two friends who also came with. But seeing you guys made it all worth it. Thanks for a very memorable concert and keep up the great work.

I'll just lump this in here also then, my friend read the closing credits and said he saw at the end something along the lines of 'Stratovarius will return in 2007 with 'Windows'", is this a new album? The new dvd? The next tour name? Or did my friend read something wrong? Anyone else see this at their concert or maybe a band member comment?

browneyedgirl

Re: Last Nights Show At Chicago

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:52 am

Well, "WINDOWS" would be a nice Album title. And I think the DVD is tentatively titled "The True Story of Stratovarius".
And I hope they do return in 2007! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:19 am

If that's true, then maybe some of us can get our dream of a Stratovarius/Nightwish tour, as Nightwish will also be ready to tour again in '07?

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? ;)

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:40 pm

Well WINDOWS may be a TT´s joking idea. Because in the spring he wrote here some funny jokes about a new album called WINDOWS etc. :D
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:55 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Well WINDOWS may be a TT´s joking idea. Because in the spring he wrote here some funny jokes about a new album called WINDOWS etc. :D
I'll have to search that---I missed it. I must've had my head up my ass or something. :err: :D
Made dumbass outta myself again. :twak: Goldie, move over- you got company! :lol:

Was he making fun of Computer Windows program? ???

When I have time I'll find out! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:13 am

hehehe nice! Me and my husband were at that show too, front row as well :D I saw them twice when I was still in Mexico and they have never dissappointed me.

BTW, can anyone tell me the name of the second song on Into Eternity's set (I'm guessin the set list has been the same). I'm not very familiar with them, but I liked this song a lot :)

StratoNess

Post by StratoNess » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:27 pm

I just got back from Chicago yesterday (Sat.) so this was my first chance to post something about the show last Wed.

All I can say is WOW! We got treated to a two hour set. I was definitely not expecting such a perfect performance. Stratovarius went through all their greatest hits and played I think four songs off the new album (which actually were enjoyable live). All I can say is THANK YOU!! I will remember this show forever.

PS - I was wearing a Strapping Young Lad shirt going ape shit during "Hunting High and Low," and "Black Diamond", and ...everything else. My girlfriend said she has never seen that side of me before, but I have never been to a Strato show, so I guess I haven't even seen that side of me before.

therabbidchimp

Post by therabbidchimp » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:29 am

One more thing I thought of as my ears were ringing last night still is I never remember thinking they were too loud like some bands *cough* into eternity *cough*. I could always hear all the instruments, and never felt like I had to brace myself for fear of my heart going off beat or something.

Once again an amazing show by strato, I really hope to see them again in my lifetime.

StratoNess

Post by StratoNess » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:02 pm

whats up with all the into eternity bashing? I thought they were brilliant.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:56 pm

Yeah, they were pretty good. Unlike the first band, who the hell were they anyway? That was horrible!

StratoNess

Post by StratoNess » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:26 am

Babylon wrote:Yeah, they were pretty good. Unlike the first band, who the hell were they anyway? That was horrible!
Heh. I didn't get to see them. My girlfriend and I showed up right at 9:00.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:38 am

Lucky you! :P