ABOUT STRATO FORUM SITUATION

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Aresius
ABOUT STRATO FORUM SITUATION

Post by Aresius » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:45 am

Well, let me say something.

Now i almos dont enter this forum because in my opinion it has become very boring and messi. There are 20 topics like: " show in ny" "show in blablab" and so on. And onther 20 topics like: "About the blablabla show"..etc.

This forum needs modaration. I didnt thought so but it seems that people here don understund that there is a Tour dates topic, that there is a tour diary topic and so on. All the topics are the same and now new stuff.

Well i think we have to work to "clean up" this forum.

Well this is just my opinion, free to say yours

Equinox

Re: ABOUT STRATO FORUM SITUATION

Post by Equinox » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:57 am

Well, yeah, it is clear that we need moderation.

I agree with you.

What do u have against the NYC show topic eh?? :wink:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:02 am

Aresius wrote: All the topics are the same and now new stuff.

If you want new and diferent topics, why don't you post something funny and freshy? :? Sorry, but it's my opinion too...

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:53 am

Aresius wrote: I didnt thought so but it seems that people here don understund that there is a Tour dates topic, that there is a tour diary topic and so on. All the topics are the same and now new stuff.
Yeah, have also noticed that the ppl has now forgotten totally the so called "our tour diary" topic. :?
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:08 am

Equinox wrote:Well, yeah, it is clear that we need moderation.

I agree with you.

What do u have against the NYC show topic eh?? :wink:
It's the same as all the other topics :D

They should just have the World Tour topic, and maybe a photo topic or something.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

StratoNess

Post by StratoNess » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 pm

Well, me being a new memeber, didn't see a thread dedicated to tours. What caught my eye was the show I was at, so that is where I posted my response. :roll:

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:01 pm

What I noticed is that there are now 3 topics concerning the state of the forum and moderating. :roll:

I think topics about individual shows catch people's eye quicker instead of lumping them into one topic. Besides, that seems to be the least of the problem.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:10 pm

We need a moderator who can lock them, and then someone can archive them, or delete them, whatever.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:14 pm

StratoNess wrote:Well, me being a new memeber, didn't see a thread dedicated to tours.
:omg:, there´s a topic called "Tour dates" as sticky which means the topic is always on the top of the section. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

julkimo

Post by julkimo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:54 pm

Aresius wrote:Well, let me say something.

Now i almos dont enter this forum because in my opinion it has become very boring and messi. There are 20 topics like: " show in ny" "show in blablab" and so on. And onther 20 topics like: "About the blablabla show"..etc.

This forum needs modaration. I didnt thought so but it seems that people here don understund that there is a Tour dates topic, that there is a tour diary topic and so on. All the topics are the same and now new stuff.

And there are also 20 topics like " this forum needs another moderator" !!! :D

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:58 pm

perhaps the only solution is to create a new forum :crazy1:
Spamming is serious business!

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:08 pm

Dave wrote:perhaps the only solution is to create a new forum :crazy1:
no...isnt needed.

Just dont reply these topics. Okay...people will reply, but just ignore it.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:28 pm

htcdude wrote:
Equinox wrote:What do u have against the NYC show topic eh?? :wink:
:fuckoff: Eat that Dude. :wink:

Anyway, the thing is that I shouldn't had reply this topic, since there are 20 more like this, but, since I'm a ass I did. :roll:
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

StratoNess

Post by StratoNess » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:58 am

IceBreaker wrote:
StratoNess wrote:Well, me being a new memeber, didn't see a thread dedicated to tours.
:omg:, there´s a topic called "Tour dates" as sticky which means the topic is always on the top of the section. :roll:

Actually I came here looking for the word "CHICAGO"

So that is what caught my eye. :wink:

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:42 am

Aresius wrote:Well, let me say something.

I totally agree with you! But it seems that it doesn't bother the "chiefs up there". :?
I must say I can understand the new members in this forum, who realize "wow, I can create a topic" and just use that option. But really, IMO all this topics about more ore less the same stuff get enerving.

I actually don't know and don't understand why they have re-done the "50 posts till creating a topic"-rule. When I registered here it really worked fine. And now... All seems somehow chaotic.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:11 am

Equinox wrote:
htcdude wrote:
Equinox wrote:What do u have against the NYC show topic eh?? :wink:
:fuckoff: Eat that Dude. :wink:

Anyway, the thing is that I shouldn't had reply this topic, since there are 20 more like this, but, since I'm a ass I did. :roll:
Yeah you are an ass :P

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:35 am

A sticky for the European and for the North American tours would be cool. You could post your thoughts, feelings and pics there.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:26 am

It has to be possible to organize this forum. It is unnecessary to write posts like "I liked it too" or "yes, was a great show". I think it's more interesting when somebody writes a real report about a gig or something else instead of three words.

But first of all, somebody shall delete any entries and topics (topics without new entries since 3months or something like that)...

but it's only my opinion...

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 am

Well... I think we should ask jens or someone if we can choose a new moderator and organize a little bit the forum.

Anyway when i post in this " blalblla show last night" People boo me jaja.

well peace bye

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:11 am

Yepp, that would be good. IMO the most important step is to re-introduce that "at least 50 posts limit before creating a topic". When that was applying, things weren't that chaotic.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:07 am

stratohawk wrote:Yepp, that would be good. IMO the most important step is to re-introduce that "at least 50 posts limit before creating a topic". When that was applying, things weren't that chaotic.
Yes, I find this the best solution for such problems too. We want the 50 posts limit back!
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:44 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
stratohawk wrote:Yepp, that would be good. IMO the most important step is to re-introduce that "at least 50 posts limit before creating a topic". When that was applying, things weren't that chaotic.
Yes, I find this the best solution for such problems too. We want the 50 posts limit back!
a possibility, but then will the amount of entries like "was a great show" and other blablabla's rise immediately!!!!

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:26 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
Wouldn't that make people spam in order to reach the limits? You know, those one word or just a smilie post. And double posting etc.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:56 pm

AMBR@BEC wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote: Yes, I find this the best solution for such problems too. We want the 50 posts limit back!
Wouldn't that make people spam in order to reach the limits? You know, those one word or just a smilie post. And double posting etc.
Then the solution should be the 50 post limit + new moderators who could control that new members aren´t allowed to reach the 50 posts by spamming. :roll:

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:27 pm

Personaly i dont think that that 50 post limit thing is the solution becoz maybe a new user has a really cool topic or something like that and he can post it. Well now you will all say " he can pm someone and tell him to open the thread " but comone do you think we have to do all this mess?. Besides like they said before it well make people post nonsense stuff(spam).

I just think that we should ask for new moderators. Jens once said that there were moderator that dont even post in this forum but that is not good enough for me. We need moderators that know this forum.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:31 am

well, as you think, but one or to years ago, when the 50-posts-minimum was a fixed rule here, everything was fine... So IMO it works... because we've experienced it.
And I don't think that too many newbies would ask others to open a topic for them. Also, I don't remember a large number of spam-postings for that reason. Anyways, if there would be a moderator, he could delete them.

I think these are the two important things: 50 posts minimum to open a topic, and some moderation that really shows up here.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:27 pm

Instead of going through Tolkki's underpants and Koti's horoscope, the gig review topics are actually what this forum is FOR. People want to share their feelings and concerns about the gigs, ask questions pre-gig as new registered users, as well as just pour it all out after a great gig. This is actually the very place in the world MEANT for exactly that, now live with it.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:48 pm

I mean I used to see this place being nice with all the old people basically living together and have problems with newbies and their "stupid" topics that might have great value for them. But the idea is to ignore the stuff you don't like (that's why I don't post much anymore even though I visit and check the forum about 30 times a day). That's what I've learned through the years, realizing this place isn't only for me and the other regulars, in fact we're here just out of boredom, the real meaning is connecting all the people with questions with all the people with answers. It's not a daycare center for forum addicted poor souls (like me) without anything better to do.

About the state of the forum, the offtopic section is totally nuts with no use for anyone, just those few bored people filling it up with filth. Why is it so popular amongst the users then? I think it's because the only users left are the ones who like it, the new ones who adapt to it, or old regulars who rarely post anymore. Me being in the last category, not becoz I don't like Strato or this forum, only becoz there's nothing interesting and even if there were, I couldn't find it by browsing and scrolling through all the 50 thousand "game" posts with absolutely nothing of informational value for anyone.

There are two ways of spamming (making posts or threads without useful information that is): The good way like some people in this forum do it, Nordic, Shurik, Jens, for example. It's both fun and intelligent, worth the time for a good laugh and the posts usually have something for you to think about. And the bad way, either creating a new game/listing topic, or replying to them. For everything you post, the first rule of the forum (even if not written in the rules) is to ask yourself, if your post or thread is unique enough worth actually submitting. Even if it's spam, if you have something funny, it might be worth it, like the good spammers seem to know. But to HELL with those 20 listing topics on the front page!

fifthtea_sausage

Post by fifthtea_sausage » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:51 am

I think really the only moderator we need is Jens.
Its not that hard for him to come a couple times a week to check things out.
"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:49 am

fifthtea_sausage wrote:I think really the only moderator we need is Jens.
Its not that hard for him to come a couple times a week to check things out.
Also I think it´s not that hard for him to throw you with your ultra-tera avatar away. :roll: