Pet-Peeves...What gets under your skin?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HvyMtlClickWitch
Re: Pet-Peeves...What gets under your skin?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:43 pm

My list of pet peeves stretches a mile long. A lot of it revolves around people who are lazy, have poor work ethic, or are emotional.

There's also a mile-long list of things I hate, but that's different from the pet peeve list.
Neorave wrote:one organization...P.E.T.A. (in other words, the animal rights group).
Oh yeah, that's that group...People for the Eating of Tasty Animals, right? :lol:

And whilst we are on the vegetarian tangent, I get pretty annoyed when people start lecturing me on good sources of protein when they find out I'm a vegetarian. Fuck you, do you think I didn't know that? And the worst is when they actually tell me NOT to take protein supplements, but instead that I should 'be more flexible' and start eating chicken or something regularly. WTF?

Another one that gets to me is when people ask me if i have my genitalia pierced. It makes no sense at all, but that's one of the most common random questions I get.

SETH

Post by SETH » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:34 pm

hot, hot weather.

I hate bad coffee, too.

oily hair. just looks sloppy.

Trolls who enter forums just to hurt someone.

People who get bent out of shape just because a female says a musician is sexy. For gods sake, get a life! However, if I were a famous musician(even if i were 40 myself), I'd prefer 20 year old nubile girls panting after me than 40 year olds. Sorry, mom :( but, thats how guys think regardless of what that stupid Evangelion said. Us guys are basicly shallow. Actions speak louder than words! At least I am honest to admit it. Which brings me to my next pet peeve:

people who try to deny realities of life. Whitewash them. Life as beautiful as it is, is also undenibly cruel. At least to some folks. I hate it when people try to deny the shitty rotten attitudes that exist in society. Thats not bitterness. I'm just not blind.

I hate abusive people.
I think if it gets to a point where a guy wants to abuse a female he should just leave her alone. Incompatibility is not enough reason to hurt another.

Hangovers i hate.

Redneck food is disgusting except ham and fried potatoes. thats why I live on Pizza! :D

Preachy men and women who think they know it all turn me off. I get enough lectures at home.

High gas prices suck. now that I am pretty much taking care of myself I see why my mom and dad are raising so much hell over that!

Magazines that are mostly Ads. and those stupid subscribing cards all in mags that take up space and get in the way.

car dealers who sell Lemons to people. but, these people wind up being Lemon cream if you get what I mean?

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:55 pm

:newbie:

what's an emo kid?

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:09 pm

People spelling/saying my name wrong always peeves me off.
oh and when people treat me and my sister as a single unit [ie. the twins] really pisses me off!
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:57 pm

Miguel_Ricardo wrote::newbie:

what's an emo kid?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo+kids

My favourite definition is that:

"Goths that are too chicken to actually kill themselves so they just whine about how they want to. Check out those emo kids trying to slit their wrists with a plastic butter knife." :lol:
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:30 pm

Miguel_Ricardo wrote::newbie:

what's an emo kid?
We all were newbie's once, so I don't have anything against newbies in a forum. After all, we are not a fraternity that looks down upon unexperienced users as less desirable or intelligent.
Anything you want to add, or argue?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:44 am

I want to add another pet peeve of mine. Those pseudo-goth Hot Topic teenyfags who run around the mall and are noisy and ask too many goddamned questions.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:42 am

Movies which have a stupid, or abrupt ending. And you are left saying, "Even I could have wriiten better!" The majority of TV-Movies fall into this category!

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:52 am

Mushrooms
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 am

action movies where the plot goes something like this "the hero can a shoot a squierl's left testicle as he is diving to escape 20 plus machineguns aimed at him by "trained terrorists", he can make a bomb out of a spoon, a paper clip and two week old tuna fish, he retired from the CIA (usually) and gets sucked back in when [insert close family member] gets abductded, he then proceeds to kill all the terrorists, makes more collateral damage than the terrorsists intended, resigns from his agency based on its corruption and walks of into the sunset to live a quiete life...."

basically any Steven Segal movie!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Heiserich

Post by Heiserich » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:32 am

stratoplayer wrote:action movies where the plot goes something like this "the hero can a shoot a squierl's left testicle as he is diving to escape 20 plus machineguns aimed at him by "trained terrorists", he can make a bomb out of a spoon, a paper clip and two week old tuna fish, he retired from the CIA (usually) and gets sucked back in when [insert close family member] gets abductded, he then proceeds to kill all the terrorists, makes more collateral damage than the terrorsists intended, resigns from his agency based on its corruption and walks of into the sunset to live a quiete life...."

basically any Steven Segal movie!
Yep, and he should wear a pink shirt in the next one...
Life can only be understood in reverse
But must be lived forwards...
I'm losing my senses, I'm losing my senses

D. Mustaine

ac666

Post by ac666 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:26 am

Pet peeves? Chronic Insomnia.

"Can't sleep... clown will eat me..."

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:50 pm

HHAAHHAHAAHAHAH I LOVED THAT EPISODE HAAHHAHAHAHA

i suffer from a mild insomnia, takes quite a while for me to fall asleep and i just cant seem to sleep to much at a time unless im completely exhausted
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

TrialByFire

Post by TrialByFire » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:56 am

hmmm my pet peeves, this should be interesting. I have a nice list of pet peeves. lol

Emo-core bullshit
Hardcore bullshit
Nu-metal hippy bullshit
Bullshit grunge music
more metal than thou bullshit
people with no sense of humor
Woodstock bullshit
bad cawfee
nit wits who ask too many questions
nit wits who stare for blasting metal from my car, this includes morons who are blasting rap
stupid warning labels (like don't have a hair dryer plugged in when your in the shower)
"As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the French should be allowed to host is an invasion" Johnny English

TerrinePotter

Post by TerrinePotter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:09 am

Stealth wrote:
Equinox wrote:When ppl make me talk in the morning
That one REALLY annoys me!!! It's just so hard to open my mouth in the morning... I mean, I feel so comfortable after having had my mouth shut for the whole night. It takes me like an hour to start speaking.
Totally agree! But that one is hard on me, since I hate mornings. The only thing that can really wake me up is the telephone though. But I will surely hang up if it´s some rude seller trying to make me buy credit cards at 8 in the morning...

TerrinePotter

Post by TerrinePotter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:16 am

neonlightchild wrote:many religious fanatics that mess with you
Guess how nice that can be when you answer the door and face with a religious fanatic trying to preach you. I always greet them and say I´m leaving for work. It always works to be polite with people...
people that belives that a career or a high social position makes you a better human being and that gives the right to judge and discriminate.
Send them to theraphy. They´re going to find out sooner that they´re lonely people.

TerrinePotter

Post by TerrinePotter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:18 am

browneyedgirl wrote:The Bush presidency. :( 3 more years to go.
Great one! That is actually on the top of my list.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:34 am

TerrinePotter wrote:
Stealth wrote:
Equinox wrote:When ppl make me talk in the morning
That one REALLY annoys me!!! It's just so hard to open my mouth in the morning... I mean, I feel so comfortable after having had my mouth shut for the whole night. It takes me like an hour to start speaking.
Totally agree! But that one is hard on me, since I hate mornings. The only thing that can really wake me up is the telephone though. But I will surely hang up if it´s some rude seller trying to make me buy credit cards at 8 in the morning...
Yes! those freaking sellers who don't have a life!

Gosh!....isnt' that illegal?

And I, too, hate mornings, Imma more of night-person.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:30 am

im fine with mornings... as long as i am asleep :lol:

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:30 am

Another pet-peeve. Back to driving. I live near the University of Central Florida. A major state university, behind only the University of Florida, and Florida State University in terms of the size of the student body. A lot of college students. No problem with that. However the two main roads near the college, Alafaya Trail, and University Boulevard (for those who may be semi-familiar with this area) are death zones because of all the college kids who THINK they can drive, but actually can't. They are always speeding up and down these streets in the brand new cars that Mommy and Daddy bought for them. It's fine to drive fast, I do, but not recklessly. Factor in the other half of the problem, old people who drive way to slow, and have no reflexes. You have emergency workers out with the "spatula" every night scraping someone off the road. I avoid this area like the plague, but everytime I have to go through there, I have to do something to avoid getting into an accident.

This a pet-peeve, people who can't drive.

Jesse

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 pm

oh, yeah--those Jehovah's Witness's. In my redneck neighborhood they are easily spotted because they usually drive some gasguzzling luxury car like a Cadellac, or Towncar, and its filled with people. I guess they figure safety in numbers! :lol: Anyway, I will usually take the literature&be polite, but NEVER let them in because they will talk&talk&talk for hours. :roll: My Ex did that once and the guy and 2 ladies stayed 3 hours! They were not that preachy though, but still one got the feeling they just wanted a hand-out or something. So now if I see one coming I just hide! :D If they catch me unaware, I just take the magazine(AWAKE), tell them thanks&close the door as quick as I can! :D

AWAKE is a pretty good mag. btw but some of it is pretty far-fetched! :shock:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:18 am

hmm, Jester's peeve is a reality i have to live with... the stories ive heard (and witnessed) regarding dumb blonde's driving (no offense but WOMEN CANT DRIVE WORTH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i mean one crashed because she said, and i quote, "ay osea, se me olvido dar la vuelta" (its like, i totally forgot to turn)... another one "es que no sabia, tipo si ibas rapido, y tipo esta lloviendo el carro se patina" (its like i didn;t know, if youre like going fast, and its like raining, the car can totally slide."

i mean for fucks sake the fucking assholes of their fathers give them mercedeses, audis, bmws... i mean WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

ok im done...

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:18 am

I have actually turned the conversation on the Witnesses, asking them if they knew why their religion needs to recruit it's followers like a cult. I have told them that I was Jewish before, and that shut them up. Once I told them the truth, that I was Catholic, and proud of it. They started in on the Catholic religion and it was at that point I asked them to leave because I didn't invite them here to denegrate my faith.

I feel sorry for the kids who have to walk around in 100 degree heat, in black pants, long sleeved shirts, and a tie. While I feel that it is well within the parents right to bring their children up in whatever religion they wish, I can't help but feel that they made the wrong choice, LOL. Most of these kids run as fast as they can once they reach the age of 18.

Speaking of the Witnesses, here is another pet-peeve, being woken up before I'm ready on the weekends!!

Jesse

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:27 pm

People with sarcastic sense of humor---they say something is good, or compliment you even though you know they hate your guts&think you are stupid enough to believe their Comedic Lies. Actions DO speak louder than words! ;)

2--faced people who act as if they like you, but behind your back they are cutting your throat.

Its people like I mentioned above that really give rise to distrust&Cynicism(I plead guilty to Cism) in a person.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:42 pm

people who shit over bands because theyre popular. because its cool to diss them because theyve done well for themselves.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:38 pm

To see a really great deal in an E-Mail, then read the small print&it has a big catch to it! :?
:pissed:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:44 pm

most e-mail offers do... i hate it when they DONT tell you the catch until its too late!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:47 am

People who try to make a case for "goodness". From what I've saw&experienced, the truly "good" people never get what really they want or deserve. Its really how you Fit in and meet society's expectations&play the little games in society that count.
There is a saying: "Fat girls and Ugly girls are Good because they have no other choice." Thats cruel, but VERY true! No matter how sweet a girl is, she is considered Sexless by guys if she is in those categories. Untouchable. :roll:
Being good keeps a person from getting into trouble, but they miss LOTS of fun, too--even clean fun. So, being complimented on being a "good" person is like a backhanded remark. I'll take being a "Bad" person anyday because good girls never make history or anything else for that matter. ;)

The best way to live life is to appear good, yet be bad enough to enjoy life. By bad I do not mean to hurt people, though--I just mean bad enough not to care what so-called society says.

Ome thing I am is honest&I'm not a hypocrite at least, and no stupid blindfollower of ANYONE!
I'm just full of Cynicism, and most times my opinions are true. Actions always speak louder than words. I trust&believe in Nobody.
Does that make me a Whiner? o what if it does? I've earned the right to Whine if I want to--everyone has.

Off the soapbox, now I;m going think about the weekend&all the good bad things I can do. LOL From what I am reading, I probably have a more exciting life than Pam Anderson now :lol: Now, THATS a twist! :lol: Maybe Life is Fair after all ??? Maybe ???

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:43 am

browneyedgirl wrote:People who try to make a case for "goodness". From what I've saw&experienced, the truly "good" people never get what really they want or deserve. Its really how you Fit in and meet society's expectations&play the little games in society that count.
There is a saying: "Fat girls and Ugly girls are Good because they have no other choice." Thats cruel, but VERY true! No matter how sweet a girl is, she is considered Sexless by guys if she is in those categories. Untouchable. :roll:
Being good keeps a person from getting into trouble, but they miss LOTS of fun, too--even clean fun. So, being complimented on being a "good" person is like a backhanded remark. I'll take being a "Bad" person anyday because good girls never make history or anything else for that matter. ;)

The best way to live life is to appear good, yet be bad enough to enjoy life. By bad I do not mean to hurt people, though--I just mean bad enough not to care what so-called society says.
READ MY FRIGGING NICK!!!! :lol:
I'm just full of Cynicism, and most times my opinions are true. Actions always speak louder than words. I trust&believe in Nobody.
Does that make me a Whiner? o what if it does? I've earned the right to Whine if I want to--everyone has.
hmm, me and two friends have been regarded as a tough sarcastic shell with a gooey cinic inside :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:33 pm

@stratoplayer, I like your Sig! =P

Roosters crowing at 6am after you've only gotten 3 hours sleep piss me off. :pissed: But, living in the country is worth the minor annoyances.