Show in Zlin, Dec 3rd, 2005

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Electric Eye
Show in Zlin, Dec 3rd, 2005

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:59 pm

I saw their last but one show that is scheduled this year in Zlin, Czech Republic. And what can I say? This was one of the best show I have ever seen. I was waiting for this show for a really long time. After all those month of uncertainty about their future, they had recorded really good album, announced the tour, and finally, with a relief, I saw them for a third time.
It is hard to describe what I felt during this show. For me it was the best moment this year. This is one of my favorite bands, so I was in my element. It was marvelous to see them on stage together, in excellent condition, playing all those songs. They played (not the right order, maybe I missed something): Hunting High And Low, Speed Of Light, Against The Wind, Twilight Symphony, Father Time, Forever, The Kiss OF Judas, Black Diamond, Destiny, SOS, Eagleheart, Maniac Dance, United. In the background of the stage was this brilliant figure painted by Derek Riggs from ‘Elements Pt. 1’, above Stratovarius logo, and on both sides TV screens. On those screens was some pictures or movies related to the songs.

Some special moments:

- the end of Twilight Symphony – Timo put so many emotions in this solo, it was very monumental and strong, perfect!

- United – very strong and vivid message, human rights on the screens corresponded with lyrics and emotions they wanted to express,

- accoustic part, when Timo played Ode to Joy, then chorus from Paradise with acoustic guitar only, and Forever with guitar keys in the background,

- bass solo – really good, 100% virtuosity,

- in Destiny - solo in unison by Timo and Lauri, and this slow part…

- before Black Diamond, when Timo Kotipelto asked Jens if he knows this song. Jens said he didn’t remember, so he gave him some lesson and played the beginning. Then Jens suggested to change their roles – he wanted to sing it, and asked Timo to play. After that Jens started to try playing this, he played completely out of tune ah the beginning, even Lauri played this melody on his bass, but finally Jens found the right chord and sounds. It was really funny!

- in the end, when the lights went on, peole were going out, crew started to clear the stage, and from the speakers 'Celestial Dream' was coming out, and I couldn't move, I was standing and had all those pictures and sounds in my mind, before my eyes, like I couldn't believe it had happend - I think I have this feeling up to now...

- Well, I think all this show was special :)

That was really good show. Thank you for this.

United we stand, divided we fall
The sun is shining for each and for all.
The future is bright, there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care...

Yes, we did!

some pics http://www.musicphoto.cz/index.php?id=2 ... &konec=150
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Beast_Pete

Re: Show in Zlin, Dec 3rd, 2005

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:11 pm

Nice pictures. What camera did you use?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:15 pm

well, actually I didn't take any pictures, they are not mine. I just found them to show you. Check the details on this page to find the author.
From within.

D.Murray

Post by D.Murray » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 am

Show in Zlin was great!!! but the loudness was extreme! i'm totally deaf, i have never heard something loud like this Strato concert...so it was a little minus :D ...but anyway, great show!!! ...Lauri Porra was cool too, although my number one is Jari Kainulainen, Lauri isn't bad at all :)

\m/

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:53 am

Skoda ze jsem ve Zline v pondeli nebyl... :cry:

But, I'm sure it was a great show during the Masters Of Rock Winter Festival. :D There are always great shows and great bands in Zlin (+ in Vizovice on summers)! 8)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:11 pm

here are some more photos from that gig:
http://www.wmor2005.unas.cz/stratovarius.html

and the tracklist were:

Hunting High And Low
Speed Of Light
Kiss Of Judas
SOS
Maniac Dance
Destiny
Against The Wind
Bass solo
Twilight Symphony
United
Father Time

Forever
Eagleheart
Black Diamond
From within.