Recently seen movies

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Equinox
Re: Recently seen movies

Post by Equinox » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:12 pm

Bram Stokers' Dracula:

What am AWESOME movie, it's old, yeah, it's really old, yeah! but anyway, it has this feeling, incredible feeling, I've never seen a movie like that one. It was way more than I expected. Ok, it can get very cheesy somethimes, but the sexyness and the 'horror' is just outstanding. I HIGHLY recommend it. 11/10

Interview with the Vampire:

Another really weird, but sexy movie, Pitt and Cruise are awesome, and the story is rather intresting. It can get very gay sometimes, but hey! Vampires are crazy. I would give it a 9, but it gets boring sometimes. so. 8/10

Imma gonna see Frankenstein later on..
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 am

I saw "The Longest Yard" tonight. Adam Sandler and Chris Rock star in it. I thought it was funny. I reccomend it.

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

Cacho.K.

Post by Cacho.K. » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:33 am

Narnya 8)
A quién van a ir a ver?
A Stratovarius abuela.
A quien le van a extraer los ovarios?.
No abuela, es STRATOVARIUS, es un grupo.
Ah!

XD

HTTP://WWW.STRATOVARIUSMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.THEGATHERINGMEX.TK

HTTP://WWW.DEEPSILENT.TK

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:22 am

I saw Narnia on Friday and loved it

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:42 pm

I saw Narnia on Tuesday, i didn't like it. Story was kool i like the way it's paraphrased with the Bible, but as a film it was terrible, the acting was poor apart from the little girl.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:16 pm

i watched Jackass: The Movie last night, gawd that funny as hell!
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:38 pm

htcdude wrote:I saw Narnia on Tuesday, i didn't like it. Story was kool i like the way it's paraphrased with the Bible, but as a film it was terrible, the acting was poor apart from the little girl.
agreed.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:40 am

Jester wrote:I saw "The Longest Yard" tonight. Adam Sandler and Chris Rock star in it. I thought it was funny. I reccomend it.

Jesse
That movie is HILARIOUS. With the Mcdonalds guy, and the one with the estrogen, dude, I was dying. :lol: :lol:

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:23 am

Today I watched "King Kong". Well, the movie is pretty long, too long for my taste, and some scences with monster insects on the island are simply redundant. But anyway, I liked it. The actors are really good, King Kong himself is a masterpiece, and then of course - THOSE FANTASTIC LANDSCAPES!!!! Peter Jackson is really a master in creating worlds for the silver screen.
Oh, and he was quite succesfull with creating the atmosphere of the late 20ths. Very authentic!

I can recommend "King Kong", but be prepared for a veeeery long evening!

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:50 pm

watched Narnia yesterday. it reminds me toooo much of Lord of The Rings.. i think they should have waited a bit more with that movie.

there was some comedy movie on TV yesterday.. "Urmel aus dem Eis", it was so crappy that it was funny again :D
Spamming is serious business!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:03 pm

stratohawk wrote:Today I watched "King Kong". Well, the movie is pretty long, too long for my taste, and some scences with monster insects on the island are simply redundant. But anyway, I liked it. The actors are really good, King Kong himself is a masterpiece, and then of course - THOSE FANTASTIC LANDSCAPES!!!! Peter Jackson is really a master in creating worlds for the silver screen.
Oh, and he was quite succesfull with creating the atmosphere of the late 20ths. Very authentic!

I can recommend "King Kong", but be prepared for a veeeery long evening!
Yup, I think the same thing. It's long but good. And that escene with the bugs...it's the best. lol Disgusting, but good. I think it has pretty good action scenes.

nepi

Post by nepi » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:54 pm

I still don't think the same about "saw". It is a frightening movie and the end is very surpisingly. I have to see the end twice, it is so fast. But the content is a little bit similar as "seven".
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 pm

There was a Videotape sale at Movie Gallery--Buy 2 get 2 free of equal value--so, I bought Starship Troopers2&The Grudge, then I got Farenheit9/11&Basic(an Army conspiracy-type Movie)all 4 for about $10.00. I plan on going back Friday&get some more--the sale lasts through XMas.

Starship Troopers2 was weird.....kinda like Aliens! :err: I liked it.

Basic was a good movie, but you had to pay attention to get all of the plot straight--plus, it had an unexpected ending--all the "good" guys were actually the bad ones! :lol: A good movie, IMO!

The Grudge was a disappointment--but, watchable. Not bad.

The 9/11 documentary I already ad on DVD, but I let my parnts have it,so I bought the tape to rplace it. Very informative-Left slanted, but a good show! Shows Bush at his best! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Paschendale

Post by Paschendale » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:28 pm

FahrenHYPE 911 is much better. :D
~~When dusk falls and obscures the sky
You´re the shine of the Northern Star
No dead of night can fade the brilliance of your light~~

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:22 am

Saw King Kong on Christmas Eve, thought it was brilliant despite having a cheesey soundtrack :D CGI was great.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

TrialByFire

Post by TrialByFire » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:40 am

Michael Moore truly is a barrel of laughs, at his own expense. I mean how can any take seriously what this neanderthal does. Shit the only thing bigger than his fat ass is his cholestorol count. I think Team America put it best with his fat mouth stuffed with hot dogs to the point you can't understand a word that moron says complete with matching hot dogs in each hand. The only thing that could have possibly have made it funnier is if their were 17 empty pizza boxes stuck on all his mustard stains. My god, what a filthy pig.
"As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the French should be allowed to host is an invasion" Johnny English

TrialByFire

Post by TrialByFire » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:44 am

My vote for best movie of 2005 goes to Batman Begins. The only movie this year to keep my ass glued to the couch through the whole thing. Great all star cast, perfect person to play Batman, awesome story line, very little comic book shclock, and an awesome performance from Liam Neilson. I also loved the effects used for Scarecrow and the guy who played him did an great job.By far the best movie this year. Screw Star Wars, make mine Batman.
"As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the French should be allowed to host is an invasion" Johnny English

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:50 pm

Paschendale wrote:FahrenHYPE 911 is much better. :D
I think thats what it was meant to be! :D Good play on words, never thought about that! :D

MM is probably laughing all the way to the bank! At people who bought the DVD, I guess, and what was on it! :D Some of it was believable, but that extreme conspiracy stuff :err: I never have liked stuff like that--this 'ol world is bad enough without makng it worse than what it really is! :)

I bet the Bloodhound Gang sold lots of their music after that! :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 pm

Spiderman II sunday night. I had so much fun seing it. :D

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:27 pm

Stuart Little II on TV tonight. Still funny.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:42 pm

Chronicles Of Narnia - good fantasy movie, I enjoyed it very much. The final battle looked alot like a scene from Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 (those who plyed the game will probably agree :)).

Corpse Bride - another Tim Burton's masterpiece, great animation, great voice work, great music, definitely one of the best movies of this year.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:10 am

"The Green Mile" came from TV again...
I love this movie. Sad and dark movie with excellent Stepehen King's plot. "Cast Away" is my favourite Tom Hanks movie still (and also one of my all-time favourite movies also), but Green Mile comes for second. Tom Hanks rules! :P

I also bought some days ago this dvd items from the wonderland of Internet:
Alien Quadrilogy Box (Alien & Aliens -movies are in my top10 all-time best movies list :) I also like Alien3 and Resurrection quite much ) and Mel Brooks's western parody Blazing Saddles.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:36 pm

Stratofanius wrote:"The Green Mile" came from TV again...
I love this movie. Sad and dark movie with excellent Stepehen King's plot. "Cast Away" is my favourite Tom Hanks movie still (and also one of my all-time favourite movies also), but Green Mile comes for second. Tom Hanks rules! :P

I also bought some days ago this dvd items from the wonderland of Internet:
Alien Quadrilogy Box (Alien & Aliens -movies are in my top10 all-time best movies list :) I also like Alien3 and Resurrection quite much ) and Mel Brooks's western parody Blazing Saddles.
Heehee i remember watching Green Mile a year or so ago..it made me cry :( i never cry in movies!

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:41 pm

Sin city.

Well, Tarantino is crazy, I knew it earlier... The same idea can be transfered in another way. In more clear way...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:53 pm

Tarantino makes spome very weird, but good movies. NATURAL BORN KILLERS was made as a parody as to how the media exploits bad events to create sensationalism. FROM DUSK TO DAWN was gory, but at the same time a good movie. I think he produced the KILL BILLs series, too--am I right? And, PULP FICTION, which was weird, too. :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:00 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Tarantino makes spome very weird, but good movies. NATURAL BORN KILLERS was made as a parody as to how the media exploits bad events to create sensationalism. FROM DUSK TO DAWN was gory, but at the same time a good movie. I think he produced the KILL BILLs series, too--am I right? And, PULP FICTION, which was weird, too. :)
Well, maybe you right and I'm not very clever... But I don't understand his movies...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:15 pm

Morgana wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Tarantino makes spome very weird, but good movies. NATURAL BORN KILLERS was made as a parody as to how the media exploits bad events to create sensationalism. FROM DUSK TO DAWN was gory, but at the same time a good movie. I think he produced the KILL BILLs series, too--am I right? And, PULP FICTION, which was weird, too. :)
Well, maybe you right and I'm not very clever... But I don't understand his movies...

I agree, they are kinda hard to understand--thats why I said they are weird! :D Tarantino is weird himself IMO he played a psycho-type person in FROM DUSK TO DAWN.
Gee, I wonder what he is going to come up with next? :lol:

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:42 pm

i finally saw this cute little movie called When Night Falls. The music is brilliant, all this cello stuff... it's definitely worth seeing. Of course, if you can't find it, it's because it's canadian :?

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:46 pm

Oh and another movie I seen yesterday is "The Barber of Siberia". I hope some of you could see this perfect movie! I'm crying every time I see it...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:31 am

browneyedgirl wrote: And, PULP FICTION, which was weird, too. :)
Pulp Fiction is one of the best movies EVER!!!

Watched Gladiator just now. I saw it before, and I think it's great! Russel Crowe rules!!