Whats your religion?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Hell maws
Whats your religion?

Post by Hell maws » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:42 pm

I'd like to know about what u guys thinks about it, and wich one you follow
:oops:
I follow the satanism...
and here is a little text that i wrote, explaining what is it...(for my english course)

Dark rituals and human sacrifices are the first thing that comes on people mind when they hear about the Satanism. Those people are wrong.
Satanism, more than a religion, is a philosophy of life, it says that the man is equal to any animal in this world, and not to negate the true instincts of people. Something like...”Why do I have to forgive some one who did a bad thing for me?” But it also says to preserve every kind of life, since irrational animals until humans.
Satanists don’t see Satan as a god, but as a kind of spiritual energy that is everywhere. It is not a bad or a good energy, “evil acts or good acts just come from your inside” that’s what Satanists thinks about it.
The media and the churches shows a bad and unreal face of Satanism, showing sacrifices and bad people on movies. People have to stud and research before judging things that they don’t know about.
whats up? ^^

StragOvariuS

Re: Whats your religion?

Post by StragOvariuS » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:58 pm

As the Nevermore vocalist says...
Warrel Dane wrote:Im still believing in nothing...
Satan comes from the bible, then you share a part of christianism, right? HA! so, you are a part of the x-tians.(not necessary in this order heh)

This reminds me LaVey... 8)

Anyway... :arrow:
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Hell maws

Post by Hell maws » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:02 am

:lol: we use the name satan just to face cristanism... but u can call also call it crap, mouse, god, anything:P
whats up? ^^

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:05 am

StragOvariuS wrote:As the Nevermore vocalist says...
Warrel Dane wrote:Im still believing in nothing...
Satan comes from the bible, then you share a part of christianism, right? HA! so, you are a part of the x-tians.(not necessary in this order heh)
amen
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:07 am

Hell maws wrote::lol: we use the name satan just to face cristanism... but u can call also call it crap, mouse, god, anything:P
but why to face other religions? i don't see the point? are you giving Stan that name just to face another religion?

i mean, it's okay, it sounds interesting, that respect you show for animals and all kind of form of life is what the world needs. But i don't really like religions.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:09 am

Religion... eh, I don't believe them at all. I believe only to the evolution theory of Charles Darwin. Image

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:12 am

Everyone knows where i stand i think :D
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:07 am

I'm catholic. But I don't practise! :) I'm Gaïaist... 8)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:20 am

I'm atheist.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:22 am

I'm GAÏAist because I believe in Mother Nature. 8)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:59 am

then i am Beckerian because i belive in Jason Becker :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF? hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:31 am

Hell maws wrote:I'd like to know about what u guys thinks about it, and wich one you follow
:oops:
I follow the satanism...
I don't follow any religion, I'm agnostic.

But! Of all the "religions", satanism is one of the closest to my...way of thinking. Though yeah, it is a phylosophy, not a religion.

A long time ago I investigated (just out of curiosity) what was satanism about, and since then I admire it very much.

I don't follow it, at all, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't "fit" inside it. My way of thinking is very individualist, and I always say that I will always follow MY rules and obey MY moral. For me, NOTHING is wrong as long as it isn't wrong for me. I do what I feel.

And my way of thinking isn't a 'mean' or "negative" one at all, as people may think. To "BE FREE" doesn't mean directly to do things that will harm or damage others. That's absolutely up to each one of us. To be free is just that. Be free.

Of course, we are always "tied" up to the moral, traditions (etc.) and also religion we grew up with; everything our social enviroment instills in us. OF COURSE we will take (consciously or/and uncounsciously) many elements from it! We can't pretend to be free from everything that actually was what made us who we are. The difference for me here is, I will be aware of who I am (or try to) and accept who I am. From there, I will not judge myself from any other perspective than mine. This doesn't mean I won't feel bad or regret things or feel free from judgement. It just means I will take judgements when my own moral tells me I deserve to be judged wrong, I will feel bad when my own moral tells me I acted in the wrong way, and so on.

This isn't a more easy way of living or something, this is just how I live and what life means to me. I feel good, as anyone else, I feel bad as everyone else does...I regret things I do, I protect my loved ones, etc. I just do it following what I feel...following my own rules.

I actually think everyone does that...at least in the end. When there's the need to, everyone will follow their own insctincts :) And well, fololowing a religion is also a "free" option, an "individual" choice as mine! Where you choose the perspective of the world you wanna live with, or the only one you can accept.

And I wanna add, I personally would fear a world where everyone felt as free as I feel about this. Things are as they have to be. I can't even imagine the chaos if things were otherwise...I'm just selfish enough to say "OK...you do that...but for me, no thanks!" :)

And this is it. If I have to put a name to what I am so that you can uderstand, I'm an agnostic.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:45 am

im agnostic, i do beleive there is a higher power but i dont think that we should live our lives by it, its just sort of a guardian, not a god.
and im a strong beliver in Karma.
There are no absolutes in life...only Vodka.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:48 am

Hell maws wrote: Satanists don’t see Satan as a god, but as a kind of spiritual energy that is everywhere. It is not a bad or a good energy, “evil acts or good acts just come from your inside” that’s what Satanists thinks about it.
from what I could investigate of satanism, I remember...Satan is a symbol, not even a spiritual energy. Satanists don't adore Satan, they just admire him and what he mesns. Satanists (from what I know) are their own "gods", to say it somehow. They accept everything they feel ("good", and "bad") as legitimate and true, and are not not for the repression of any feeling or desire.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:57 am

I'm protestant, and I would call myself religious or believing. But I won't explain my faith in detail, cuz I know that there are many around here who criticise religion, and I had so many useless discussions with atheists that I'm bored. :wink:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:16 am

stratohawk wrote:I'm protestant, and I would call myself religious or believing. But I won't explain my faith in detail, cuz I know that there are many around here who criticise religion, and I had so many useless discussions with atheists that I'm bored. :wink:
Just be careful not to make the mistake many atheists make. There shouldn't be fanatism on either side of the discussion. Atheists can be as critical of religion as religious people can be of atheism. Although I'm atheist, I wouldn't get into a discussion because I don't see the point. Just let everyone believe in whatever they believe, as long as those beliefs don't interfere with someone else's wellbeing. And yes, I don't agree with any religion when it comes to the existence of one or many gods, but that doesn't mean that I would criticize any believer. Go with whatever makes you happy. :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:18 am

Stealth wrote:
stratohawk wrote:I'm protestant, and I would call myself religious or believing. But I won't explain my faith in detail, cuz I know that there are many around here who criticise religion, and I had so many useless discussions with atheists that I'm bored. :wink:
Just be careful not to make the mistake many atheists make. There shouldn't be fanatism on either side of the discussion. Atheists can be as critical of religion as religious people can be of atheism. Although I'm atheist, I wouldn't get into a discussion because I don't see the point. Just let everyone believe in whatever they believe, as long as those beliefs don't interfere with someone else's wellbeing. And yes, I don't agree with any religion when it comes to the existence of one or many gods, but that doesn't mean that I would criticize any believer. Go with whatever makes you happy. :)
Exactly...:)

Kain´s seventh son

Post by Kain´s seventh son » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:29 am

Now... I am offically Lutheric Christian...and actually I have read a lot of bible...but as some say, with the eyes of the devil :twisted:

I do not belive in teachings of the bible, nor do I give any kind of credit to christianity at all...
Firstly, 'couse the "holy book" has been reworked, changed, rearranged and most likely rewritten in middle ages, thus I'm quite certain that it's not very close to the orginal writings... specially 'couse there has been some changes and removals there... like Black Bible (and this book is NOT satanic bible, as most people seem to think) and few other rather interesting documents... And same time they still preserved the book of Armageddon (witch CLEARLY states that when armageddon comes, only 70.000 Judes will go to heaven, reast of us will go to hell :wink: ), a book that fully argues with with ALL the rest of new testament...
Secondly, it is the ONLY world religion, that has literally killed dozens of people in the name of god and his son, mostly in the times of the Crusades... People allways kill each other, but christianyty has permitted and even supported and commanded to do so... think about Inquisitions...
I think this adds it up... ask if something is missing or there is something you didn't understand :wink:

But as far as my personal faith goes, I belive there are (at least) two seperate powers, though I really hate to call them "Good and Evil", I find "Order and Chaos" more fitting pair...I belive that these two sides are in constant conflict, and use mortals as wessels of and tools in this conflict... I really care not to be too specific unless someone really wants to hear it all... but I just say that I allso belive in supernatural, including ghosts, spirits, lycantrophy, vampirism, magic and some deity-like powers behind nature and human actions and other things like that :)

I think that adds something up... I think I'm one kind of Agnostic, but that is certainly not the whole truth :D
"Even if I walk through all the circles of hell for you, you wouldn't even piss on me. But it's too late, it's too late my dear.
Because I'm already there!"

Protection-Perkele of Stratoforum

The Ruckus Brigade

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:56 am

:sex1: sex :beer: drugs :headbang: rockNroll
And it's nobody's damn business! :D

I was raised Church of Christ, but I have left it behind Ages ago.

If Cynicism can be classed as a belief, thats Mine--I guess its kin to an Inner Agnosticism, I think.

I just try to be happy, and fair to people. Live&Let live. The Golden Rule.

Also, LOL I find it interesting that some people think its disgusting to follow a Higher Power(God) then, turn around and Idolize Movie&Music stars, even call them God-even if its in Jest! (And, don't dare anyone even think about saying it-you know what I mean!) ;) Judging others, IMO, is one of the worst things mankind does&in religion it is terrible. Live&Let Live. And have fun-you only live once! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:32 am

my religion is beer
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:58 am

close to my opinion except I am catholic and not protestant. It is a sensitive theme in metal.
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:01 pm

neonlightchild wrote:then i am Beckerian because i belive in Jason Becker :lol: :lol: :lol: WTF? hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, you get the point. 8)

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Warrior of Hell wrote:my religion is beer
best-religion-EVER! :D
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:42 pm

actually i'm catholic, but i'll change that as soon as i'm 16

i don't get the point of satanism. why is it called satanismn, when the phrase "Satan" is taken out of the bible, where it says that Satan is the opposite of god? would be great if someone could explain me that..
Spamming is serious business!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:53 pm

Hell Yeah!!! :beer:
And, Vodka! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:59 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
BEG, please check your PM's :)
Spamming is serious business!

Leo

Post by Leo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:49 pm

I'm a very big fan of religions....
Maybe it is why I like strato lyrics, because " no religion, no God" is in many strato lyrics...

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:06 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
And tea with a cloud of milk!

...okay, okay, I suck!

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:54 pm

I am Lutheric Christian, but I don't believe in anything divine.

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:59 pm

My fucking religion is METAL :headbang: