Anna Nicole Smith--RIP

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Anna Nicole Smith--RIP

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:29 am

She was not just a BBW, she was a wife, mother, actress, businesswoman who actually worked hard to get where she got to in life.
Anna,IMO, was misunderstood by alot of people--branded a golddigger, an opportunist, a selfish vain woman who would cut someones throat for a buck. I guess that is the price she paid in this life for being attractive&being at the right place in the right time.
People who really knew her said Anna was actually a caring person whose presense brougt sunshine into the lives of those she loved. It was said, Mr.Marshall,the elderly man she married life was actually extended by Anna's companionship. Make fun all you want, but this flamboyant woman was one who radiated positive energy.
Then, after her son died it was said it was like the sun had set in her life.
An autopsy will be done to determine cause of death---as a mother myself, I have to wonder if grief contributed?
In any case, I have to say, "Anna Nicole, you are at peace now."

She seemed to have a good life, but what do we really know? Anna lost her child&that is the biggest grief anyone can carry on their shoulders---you'll know if it ever happens to you.

Anna Nicole Smith was only 39 years old.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Re: Anna Nicole Smith--RIP

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:27 am

Well, everything is neither here nor there anymore as far as she is concerned. The conclusions are that she died of a drug overdose---whether it was suicide, accidental, or murder is up to the autopsy to find out.
Probably it was accidental---I don't think, IMO, she had sunk low enough to commit suicide. If she was depressed over losing her son, taking drugs was a foolhardy thing to do, although understandable if she thought that was the way to ease her pain.

Oh, Anna wasn't always in the limelight. She was a Texas country girl who got married very young, had a child&supported him in those days by working as a waitness in fastfood joints. Since Anna was a tall(6'3")girl she was spotted by someone in the modeling industry. It took quite a few years before she worked her way to being a Playboy model. Oh, I think she was working as a dancer in some Club&thats how Playboy Mag spotted her, about the sme time as the Marshall guy met her, I think.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:06 am

I can't say I'm surprised in the least.

Shame to die so young though.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

R.I.P. ANS.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:06 pm

I also think she was a very misunderstood woman, to have lost her child must be one of the hardest things any person can go through in life...
Rest in piece.

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:41 pm

I feel bad for ANS's infant daughter. Every child needs their mom. :(
Κύριε ἐλέησον

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:01 pm

miditek wrote:I feel bad for ANS's infant daughter. Every child needs their mom. :(
that's in fact the most important, in this case most sad thing about her dead. :(

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:28 pm

She is dead? Hmm...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Well, now they are saying it might've been natural causes like a blood clot, but still have not ruled out drugoverdose.
Once several years ago she was hospitalized for drinking Vodka drinks while she was taking some kind of prescription tranquilizer.
:roll:
When are people going to fucking learn that you cannot do shit like that? I mean, for God's sake.....:(

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:31 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Well, now they are saying it might've been natural causes like a blood clot, but still have not ruled out drugoverdose.
Once several years ago she was hospitalized for drinking Vodka drinks while she was taking some kind of prescription tranquilizer.
:roll:
I suppose that we'll have to wait for the results of the autopsy, but I'm willing to bet ten bucks (or five quid) that it was likely due to prescription drugs and/or alcohol.
browneyedgirl wrote:When are people going to fucking learn that you cannot do shit like that? I mean, for God's sake.....:(
The cemeteries are full of people (my best friend included! :( ) of people that thought that they didn't have a problem, or that they could "handle it".

Guess what? You can't sustain a multi-substance addiction as a lifestyle forever. Sooner or later, your number will come up. Then your family and friends will have to deal with the aftermath for the rest of their lives.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Yes, that is one reason this incident is so sad---probably it was a total careless/senseless accident&she did not mean to kill herself.

Anna had her ups that were way up&downs that were way down, however, IMO she didn't have a miserable life. But, it is tragic she died so young&her little girl does not have a mother. We have 2 men who are fighting/arguing over who is the father so maybe this child does have plenty of love :err: but, still this tragedy was totally avoidable.

Its shocking when someone dies suddenly&young like this because nobody is prepared for it. You'd expect a 75-year-old woman ridled with bad health to keel over, but not a bubbly, seemingly sturdy&healthy lady just pushing 40. :(
It makes you think---not only about chances we all take every day, but also the finality of death&how fragile life is. When our number comes up, folks, thats it. Kaput!
No more chances.

We waste our time arguing with others, taking those we love for granted, taking life itself for granted----when we should be filled with the spirit of kindness&reach out, and grab the gusto of life while we can, especially with those we love! :funhi:

I didn't mean to sound preachy, but tragedies like this make a person think. At least it did me.
When ANS son died it was heartbreaking, not just thinking about the way she felt, but I was thinking, "What if I lost my son like that?" He is the same age as ANS son. And, I will hopefully never take Vic for granted ever again.
Incidents like this are heartbreaking, but they can serve a purpose that others learn from them.

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:08 pm

it's a shame.
R.I.P.
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:58 pm

Damn, poor little girl, only 5 months... I would't think it was suicide, I mean she would leave behind a new born...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:11 am

Weird ??? the autopsy did not find any drugs in her system, nor any cause of death ??? It was like the hand of God took her. ???

Her closest friends have revealed that ANS was so depressed after her son's death that she said she wished she would die, too. She was on nerve pills, but none were in her system&none were found in her hotel room ???
Maybe she did grieve herself to death ???
Also, those 2 guys wanting to be the baby's dad got on her nerves&someone was suing her over those Trimspa tablets---they had a reaction, or something. ???
So, ANS was probably going through a private Hell, and maybe she was simply released from her torment the only way even God saw possible.

Off-topic, but I took those Red Trimspa tablets a couple years ago for 10 weeks--I lost 30 pounds, and have not gained it back! :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Weird ??? the autopsy did not find any drugs in her system, nor any cause of death ???
That's hard to believe. Contrary to belief, people do not simply drop dead for no reason. Past substance abuse can have long-term effects, and weaken your heart and other vital organs.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:09 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Weird ??? the autopsy did not find any drugs in her system, nor any cause of death ???
That's hard to believe. Contrary to belief, people do not simply drop dead for no reason. Past substance abuse can have long-term effects, and weaken your heart and other vital organs.
Yes, thats right. Maybe her heart just failed, or something.
But, now that the bridge is crossed I guess its time to just let her rest in peace.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:20 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Weird ??? the autopsy did not find any drugs in her system, nor any cause of death ??? It was like the hand of God took her. ???

Her closest friends have revealed that ANS was so depressed after her son's death that she said she wished she would die, too. She was on nerve pills, but none were in her system&none were found in her hotel room ??? Maybe she did grieve herself to death ???

Years of substance abuse may very well have taken a toll on her health. I had a friend that died about a year ago of a heart attack that was about her age. Basically, he drank himself to death, even though he had his own business and came from a good family. He left behind a sixteen year old daughter.

I can also relate to the grieving oneself to death as well. In his book "Ghost Rider", Rush drummer Neil Peart recounts the loss of his wife to cancer, less than a year after their only child, Selena, was killed in an auto accident on the way to school. The official cause of death was cancer, but Peart said in his book that "she died of a broken heart". These events nearly killed him, as he lost the will to live for a long time.
browneyedgirl wrote:Also, those 2 guys wanting to be the baby's dad got on her nerves&someone was suing her over those Trimspa tablets---they had a reaction, or something. ???
So, ANS was probably going through a private Hell, and maybe she was simply released from her torment the only way even God saw possible.

It's tragic, but I still feel more sympathy for her daughter than I do for her. I did not wish any ill will towards her, but found her drooling and slobbering (obviously from the pills) on her reality TV show and in the media to be more than a bit irritating, and such behavior reminded me a lot of more than one former girlfriend.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:08 pm

miditek wrote: It's tragic, but I still feel more sympathy for her daughter than I do for her. I did not wish any ill will towards her, but found her drooling and slobbering (obviously from the pills) on her reality TV show and in the media to be more than a bit irritating, and such behavior reminded me a lot of more than one former girlfriend.
My opinion, too. In fact her death is of course tragic, but not more or less than death of countless other addicts, that remain unknown. She had great benefits and possibilites to make something out of her life. Now she possibly ended up with drugs. It's tragic. But my sympathy especially is true for her daughter, way too young to grow up without a mother.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Mmm, she was a celebrity and they seem to automatically get people's attention for no important reason. Honestly, what did she do that was so important and that deserves such an obituary? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good thing that she died, but I'm just indifferent about her death... Someone could be dying five blocks from where I am and it would be as important. This doesn't mean that I don't get sad if a famous person I admire dies, but again... Anna Nicole Smith? Nope, can't say that I care. Let's not romanticize her image; we really don't know if she was a good mother (her son died of an anti-depressant overdose, which could have been related or completely unrelated to the mother-figure he had, but we'll never know) and precisely because she could have had almost any man she wanted, it seems suspicious to say the least that she would marry an 89-year-old billionaire. :? So yeah, maybe she was in love with that man and didn't care about the money. Personally, I don't buy that. Remember how desperately she fought in court to get half of her husband's money after his death.
There's this tendency to protect her image with that whole "misunderstood" thing. I don't really think she was misunderstood. And just to make things clear, I'm not saying she was a bad person to those around her; maybe she was really nice, but still, I wouldn't see her as an example of anything.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Well, the death of a celebrity always makes death and the tragedy more tangible than a report of a homeless junkie frozen to death in a gutter. Many learned to know (or think they did) ANS through media, that is why they are touched.

There is a Finnish artist who had a video installation with images of war, famine, homeless people and of himself killing a cat. Guess what shocked people? Yes, the killing of the cat! This work is maybe 10 years old and the poor cat is still refered to in Finnish media from time to time.

Now, what I want so is... hell, I don't know :)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Carcass wrote: There is a Finnish artist who had a video installation with images of war, famine, homeless people and of himself killing a cat. Guess what shocked people? Yes, the killing of the cat! This work is maybe 10 years old and the poor cat is still refered to in Finnish media from time to time.
that's fucking significant for mankind.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:11 pm

stratohawk wrote:that's fucking significant for mankind.
Which part do you mean?

I guess I wanted to say that Anna Nicole Smith is the cat in this case... sort of...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Carcass wrote:
Which part do you mean?
that people cared most about that cat, and not about war victims and homeless people.

miditek

Post by miditek » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 am

Stealth wrote:Someone could be dying five blocks from where I am and it would be as important.

With this, I completely agree 100%.
Stealth wrote:This doesn't mean that I don't get sad if a famous person I admire dies, but again... Anna Nicole Smith? Nope, can't say that I care. Let's not romanticize her image; we really don't know if she was a good mother (her son died of an anti-depressant overdose, which could have been related or completely unrelated to the mother-figure he had, but we'll never know)

I feel some sympathy for people who've made a fucking mess out of their lives, basically because I've known so many; but I am already tired of the endless droning on of this by the media.
Stealth wrote:and precisely because she could have had almost any man she wanted, it seems suspicious to say the least that she would marry an 89-year-old billionaire. :? So yeah, maybe she was in love with that man and didn't care about the money.

She often referred to Mr. Marshall as "pap-paw", which is another term for "grandfather" in the Southern vernacular- so one does have to wonder.
Personally, I think she was a gold digger, and he was a dirty old man that needed a babysitter more than a wife 60+ years his junior!

Stealth wrote:Personally, I don't buy that. Remember how desperately she fought in court to get half of her husband's money after his death.

I don't either. It's not normal, and I don't think that she deserved anything more than a token payment from the Marshall estate. The real winners here were the attorneys that accumulated millions of dollars in fees in probate court.
Stealth wrote:There's this tendency to protect her image with that whole "misunderstood" thing. I don't really think she was misunderstood. And just to make things clear, I'm not saying she was a bad person to those around her; maybe she was really nice, but still, I wouldn't see her as an example of anything.
Very perceptive of you, Stealth. I don't think that ANS was anymore misunderstood than, let's say, Axl Rose- another asshole celebrity that I find to be annoying. And I also hope that ANS was more of a cult or B-list celebrity, because like yourself, I don't see her making a good example for anyone.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm

BE CAREFUL OF STONES THAT YOU THROW
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news,
The seeds of distrust, it will sow.
But unless you've made no mistakes in your life,
Be careful of stones that you throw.

(SPOKEN)
A neighbor was passing my garden one time,
She stopped and I knew right away,
That it was gossip, not flowers, she had on her mind,
And this is what I heard my neighbor say:
"That girl down the street should be run from our midst,
She drinks and she talks quite a lot,
She knows not to speak to my child or to me."
My neighbor then smiled and I thought:

(SPOKEN)
A car speeded by and the screamin' of brakes
A sound that made my blood chill
For my neighbor's one child had been pulled from the path
And saved by a girl lying still.
The child was unhurt and my neighbor cried out:
"Oh! who was that brave girl so sweet?"
I covered the crushed, broken body and said:
"The bad girl who lived down the street."

Recorded by Hank Williams, Sr.
Written by Bonnie Dodd

This thread started out so beautifully, but got side tracked by judgments&criticism.

ANS wasn't a good role model&that is putting it mildly, but neither are these hard rocking metal MALE guys who fuck anything that lets them, drinks to excess, raises Hell&party hardy, etc......you know, GUYS that we think are so great that we say their personal lives are nobodies business.
Oh, of course----its the old Double Standard still at work in 2007, Situation Ethics----its OK for one group to do the stuff we look down on in average-Joe people, especially if they are females.

While we ar at it, let's take swipes at Paris Hilton&Nicole Richie who pretty much qualify as "fallen women". But, to be fair let's also swipe all the "fallen men" too.
Of course, I know people will never be fair in their judgments--that won't come until the end.

Yes, ANS was a very imperfect person, but ALL of us are. in the end she is going to have to account for her wrongdoings as are each&every one of us----small or great, famous or obsure. And it will be no double standards, excuses, threats, blackmail or bribery--no "you scratch my back&I will scratch yours".

The thing is, all these "fallen" women are OK to wank off to a couple times a week when guys ain't getting any, but when it comes to seeing the hypocrisy of how stupid things work in the world people become totally blind.
Thee are literally thousands of gus like mr. Marshall who marry, partner&have kids by women young enough to be their daughters, and as a society we think its oh-so Cool(especially if the guy is famous), but in most of those cases we brand the female as a golddigger, or say she just wanted security, etc. That judgement actually insults the male involved! But, its fruitless to explain, and <sigh> it doesn't really matter.
At least not now. We can pass judgment, criticize, insult people all we want--nitpick&degrade&analyze others like we are the judge of all we believe that is righteous&true. But, there will come a time when we will be judged as we all have criticized and judged others.

Live&let live is a good motto to follow, if possible. Start putting people in their place :roll: with selective judgments only lead to resentment&even more judging. Its like a cycle.
So, ANS was not perfect, she was this, she was that.........But, so are all of us.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:16 pm

I'm not blaming her for anything, but it's always surprising how poeple are touched by the death of a celebrity they didn't even know. It's not a real person you see on TV. I have absolutely no idea what this women was like or who she really was, hearsay, a tv-show and the yellow press are hardly mediating the truth. No, they are more concerned about making their front pages as scandalous as possible. I'm amazed how people get all sobby for things like these. There are plenty of people alive in need of our sympathy. You don't need to go any further than your own backyard.

I don't allow myself to feel too sorry for a celebrity when I hardly bat an eyelid when I see an alcoholic in the streets (something I'm not very proud of, the truth is ugly).

Bur sure, it's I shame she died so young.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Carcass wrote:I'm not blaming her for anything, but it's always surprising how poeple are touched by the death of a celebrity they didn't even know. It's not a real person you see on TV. I have absolutely no idea what this women was like or who she really was, hearsay, a tv-show and the yellow press are hardly mediating the truth. No, they are more concerned about making their front pages as scandalous as possible. I'm amazed how people get all sobby for things like these. There are plenty of people alive in need of our sympathy. You don't need to go any further than your own backyard.

I don't allow myself to feel sorry for a celebrity when I hardly bat an eyelid when I see an alcoholic in the streets (something I'm not very proud of, the truth is ugly).
AMEN to this post! :)

I don't think I feel sorry for her---whats the point? She's dead&at peace now. I feel sorry for her child, but I feel sorry for any child in a situation like that!
I just don't like judgments&sweeping criticisms about people&like you said, we really don't know her. All we have is what her friends say. We have her actions while she was alive, but still, judging someone is so wrong.
Celebs don't have it totally easy in this world----fame is a two-edged sword.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:19 pm

stratohawk wrote:
Carcass wrote:
Which part do you mean?
that people cared most about that cat, and not about war victims and homeless people.
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:47 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
Carcass wrote:
Which part do you mean?
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin
If I had a dime for every time I-ve thought that...

But yes, Carcass pinned it perfectly.
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:49 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17153473

I agree wholeheartedly with this Rabbi&the commenter Karen.

Life is so unfair&it becomes very frustrating&depressing when it becomes apparent to females that youth and beauty actually mean more than talent, intelligence, personality. Actions speak louder than words. In real life we see this in action: when we have women of equal talent applying for a job whether its the arts(music&acting), business or even blue-collar it has been proven by studies the more attractive women will win the position. Lets not even go into the love&social aspects of this shit. :roll: Just pick a female ranked as unattractive by males&on a good day ask her to be honest.

The more society values youth&beauty the worse it treats the females who err from that standard.

Alot of guys say they chose their partners, gf's&wives because of their intelligence. :D Yeah-right, judging from the looks of some of these females it was not intelligence that caught their attention&kept it! :D

And, that saying "To be loved&pursued by others you have to first love yourself" IS a crock of BS. I have seen pretty girls who despised/hated themselves being pursued relentlessly by guys& OTOH, Homely girls who had lots of self esteem&talents who are never cared about no matter how much love they have to give.

So, Mr. Rabbi, in the article you are right----but, the question is, What can any damn body do about it?

I'm just glad that in the end God is not going to judge us by outer appearances. He is going to judge our inner spirit&how we have treated others in this lifetime. Based on that criteria, most of us are going to be in a Heap of Trouble!

If ANS had been an unattractive woman, odds are she'd still be alive--But, there are probably tons of homely girls(if honest)would give their eyeteeth to have lived a week of ANS life. And they would not have screwed it up by taking drugs.

Oh, well. Rest in Peace, Anna.
Its better to burn brightly a short time, then to live forever in darkness.