new to stratovarius

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
britt1989
new to stratovarius

Post by britt1989 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:37 pm

ok i am new to stratovarius my boyfriend is in to them and got me interested any one got any recommendations to good begineerers music :?:

NeonVomit

Re: new to stratovarius

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:35 pm

britt1989 wrote:ok i am new to stratovarius my boyfriend is in to them and got me interested any one got any recommendations to good begineerers music :?:
Get 'Episode' album. Best album to start with in my opinion. After that get 'Visions' and 'Destiny', then go from there!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm

first Visions, then Episode. ;-)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:25 pm

^I second that. :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 pm

My opinion is Visions, then Episode, then the Infinite Visions DVD, then Dreamspace from Tolkki-Era. Fourth Dimension is good to fit in there, too! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:39 pm

oh yeah, Fourth Dimension! It was the first record I ever listened to of Stratovarius. "Against The Wind" got me into their music. So, also a good choice.

But, Britt, btw, did you ask your boyfriend for advice? What's his opinion? 8)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:24 pm

stratohawk wrote:oh yeah, Fourth Dimension! It was the first record I ever listened to of Stratovarius. "Against The Wind" got me into their music. So, also a good choice.

:D Thats a coincidence-----"Against the Wind" video on a Satellite-TV channel is what sparked my interest in Stratovarius, too, about 7 years ago! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:28 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
stratohawk wrote:oh yeah, Fourth Dimension! It was the first record I ever listened to of Stratovarius. "Against The Wind" got me into their music. So, also a good choice.

:D Thats a coincidence-----"Against the Wind" video on a Satellite-TV channel is what sparked my interest in Stratovarius, too, about 7 years ago! :)
To me it's still their best song, though it's quite a "simple" song. Well I think it has one of the best, "catchiest" refrains ever!!
When was it? Hm... Maybe 1997? A long time ago... :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Kokordilos wrote:
Thats a coincidence-----"Against the Wind" video on a Satellite-TV channel is what sparked my interest in Stratovarius, too, about 7 years ago!
Wait, Strato was on TV??
Their VIDEO was. :) Yes&I have it taped, too. Twice! Because it was ran again about 3 months later!
It was August of 2000, on MUCHMUSIC station(from Canada). The channel is called FUSE, now I think. ??? Anyway, there was a show every Saturday night(10pm) called LOUD which played Metal Music. Vic&I watched it every week.
The video which played directly before "ATW" was "Second Skin" by Moonspell.
"ATW" was the last video they played that particular night. :)

I ordered Infinite&Infinite Visions about a month later. Then, Vic found a back alley, so to speak, record store which ordered Fourth Dimension for me. The rest is history! :D

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 am

stratohawk wrote:first Visions, then Episode. ;-)
my opinion :
first Visions, then Destiny, then Episode.
Visions and Destiny have the most "accessible" songs (mid tempo and many killing ballads). I don't think many people (especially women) could get into Strato with "Father Time" as a introduction song! :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:12 pm

stratohawk wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

To me it's still their best song, though it's quite a "simple" song. Well I think it has one of the best, "catchiest" refrains ever!!
When was it? Hm... Maybe 1997? A long time ago... :wink:
August 2000. The USA is alittle slow in regards to European music, unfortunately. :)
But, I recruited several people to Stratovarius over the years including some of my cousins&a few peole at work, so word is spreading. ;)

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Stratofanius wrote:britt1989, get Twilight Time because it's the best Strato album for sure :)
But That's your opinion!
What if I say that you have to bought all their albums at NOW!!! :shock: And there is much better Strato songs than Twilight!
Meikä Ankka

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 pm

yeah let's try to be objective, guys. Visions, Episode, and for example also Infinite sold the most copies. I think this is an aspect worth paying attention to. Infinite is even a very easy album to start! Nevertheless I recommend Visions, it also has some "darker" songs, which are also part of Stratovarius' music, not only "light" happy songs like on Infinite.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 pm

Well, I´d recommend to leave the last three albums to catch: Elements pt2, Destiny and last Fright Night. Those are definately the weakest albums, IMHO.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Of course, she could always buy a Compilation like The Chosen Ones, or Visions Live in Europe. 14 Diamonds is great but expensive&hard to find.
But, Compilations do sometimes leave out good songs like Galaxies, Tears of Ice, Lead Us Into The Light, etc.
Oh, she needs INTERMISSION, too! :)

And, I hope she knows about the Solo Albums, too---just in case! :)
Cover all bases, you know! ;)

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 am

Buy whichever you want, it only effects what songs will become precious to you, so...if you want to have good arguments on the forums then I prefer some of the elements albums.
But I do not prefer getting Stratovarius album first, you must get the right picture of the band first.

the_black.iris

personally

Post by the_black.iris » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:18 pm

personally...
i began with visions... and honestly i started lsning to stratovarius since like 1 and a half years or so...
i started with visions... and it blew me away!
so i say... (PERSONALLY)
visions
episode
destiny
stratovarius
then all the way to the elements sequencial album...
and then dreamspace and fright night
then start with the dvd's...
if any1 wants to know why i've chosen this order...
with visions... your sucked down and thrown off limits with the music...for those who are not much into strato...
with episode... you start to get the feelings of strato...
with destiny... your getting your hands over the philosophy of strato...
and then... you could actually soar... when you've learned how to fly... in the stratosphere of stratovarius...
please correct me if you think i am wrong...
personally its how it went on to me... and now... stratovarius are like...or without like... are... the gods of all traditional metal... and so... the gods of all metal! to me!
but i am suffering of a problem... i got ripped off... i gave a great deal of money to a so called friend that left for the netherlands... i asked him to get me all the original dvd's of strato'... he changed his number... no longer goes online... so i got f**ked!

britt1989

thanks

Post by britt1989 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm

thanks for all the advice and to answer stratohawk yes i did ask my boyfriend he wasnt very helpful though

stratohawk

Re: thanks

Post by stratohawk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:08 pm

britt1989 wrote:thanks for all the advice and to answer stratohawk yes i did ask my boyfriend he wasnt very helpful though
:lol: that suxx! But anyways, you are very welcome!

britt1989

Post by britt1989 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm

it doesnt suck really i think i caught himm off uard stratohawk so he bombarded me wilth info