Royal Hunt and John West seperate ways!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
stratovana
Royal Hunt and John West seperate ways!

Post by stratovana » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:57 pm

March 16, 2007
ROYAL HUNT and John West have decided that at this time (after numerous albums and concert tours) they are no longer able to contribute creatively to each other’s future musical development. It’s been a hell of a ride, but both parties feel like it is about time to move on and explore different musical paths - therefore, they mutually agreed to part ways as of March 16th, 2007 .

“We’re not ruling out possible future collaborations for a joint venture or a side project” – André and John state - “but it won’t be under the RH moniker”.

John had joined Royal Hunt in 1999 during the recording of the “Fear” album and he worked with the band until our latest release – live CD/DVD “Royal Hunt 2006”. We’d like to express our gratitude to John for a great 8-year run and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Source: www.royalhunt.com and royalhunt.nl

Stealth

Re: Royal Hunt and John West seperate ways!

Post by Stealth » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:58 am

Crap!!! John West is one of my favourite singers! :cry:
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:37 am

Damn it! :?

dirge

Post by dirge » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm

Just simply this... :(

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 pm

Too bad, ClickWitch introduced me to RH, and I think they are great. Especially with J. West. A great loss, but I hope he keeps himself in the metal scene. He's a great singer.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"