Stratovarius in Japan

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
nefertari
Stratovarius in Japan

Post by nefertari » Wed May 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Here is the set-list of the Osaka gig at the 22th of May :

Hunting High And Low
Speed of Light
The Kiss Of Judas
Hold On To Your Dream
Against the Wind
The Abyss of Your Eyes
Phoenix
Twilight Symphony
A Million Light Years Away
Visions
Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace
Eagleheart
Father Time
Forever
Paradise
Black Diamond

stratobabius

Re: Stratovarius in Japan

Post by stratobabius » Wed May 23, 2007 3:48 pm

nefertari wrote: Hold On To Your Dream
:shock: Wow, when is the next plane for Japan?

Can't find anything missing from the setlist too. Very nice! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 23, 2007 5:13 pm

That is a terrific set-list! :headbang:

Now, if only we can find someone to give us a live report of the gigs there! :)

If there is anyone from Japan lurking here who has saw the StratoGigs this week please don't be shy! :) Tell us how it all went!!!

:)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed May 23, 2007 6:36 pm

Hold on to your dream!
I'm holding on to my dream of hearing that live one day! :D

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed May 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Excellent setlist!

Come on StratoJapan fans, give us some pics/videos!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed May 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Yeah! :shock: Hold on to Your Dream!!! What a great oldie to the setlist! Otherwise very nice but quite a normal setlist. Many excellent ones, many good live songs and Against the Wind of which I never have liked very much (Distant Skies rocks much more better!).
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Wed May 23, 2007 11:34 pm

nefertari wrote:Hold On To Your Dream
The Abyss of Your Eyes
Phoenix
Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace
Hope that one day I can watch them play these songs... :?

Vanessa Fauda

Post by Vanessa Fauda » Fri May 25, 2007 3:38 pm

:D
Yeaahhhh

excellent set-list !!!!!!!!!!!

vanustrato

Post by vanustrato » Fri May 25, 2007 5:22 pm

:OOOOOOO
excelent choise!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri May 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Shit, I envy the Japanese so much right now...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Martine

Post by Martine » Fri May 25, 2007 9:52 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Excellent setlist!

Come on StratoJapan fans, give us some pics/videos!
I happened to read a message which was sent by a Japan fan to Timo's myspace.com page, who actually attended the show in Japan. I implored her to visit this topic and have her talk to us about it. Let's hope for her visit.

Good week-end to you all.
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat May 26, 2007 2:47 am

stratobabius wrote:
nefertari wrote:Can't find anything missing from the setlist too. Very nice! :)
Destiny?

:)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Abbey

Post by Abbey » Sat May 26, 2007 3:34 am

Hello ,

Martine,thank you for inviting me to this forum.
I think I'm the one who sent a message to
Timo's MySpace page.
If you accept my poor English, let me join this forum...
I'm a Japanese living in Japan.

I was lucky to see them both Osaka(22nd) and Tokyo(24th).
The audience of Tokyo was more powerful than Osaka one.
I was mobbed and was almost about to smash by the crowd.

Of course,their performance was excellent as always...

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat May 26, 2007 1:16 pm

Welcome Abbey , so nice to see you here :) .Thank you for the report :)

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 26, 2007 3:03 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
stratobabius wrote:Can't find anything missing from the setlist too. Very nice! :)
Destiny?:)
You know how much Destiny sucks, so it´s good they played Visions there. :wink:
Vanessa Fauda wrote::D
Yeaahhhh

excellent set-list !!!!!!!!!!!
vanustrato wrote::OOOOOOO
excelent choise!
Oooooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!111!!!1! What the hell... :omg: :twak:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Sat May 26, 2007 3:28 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:
stratobabius wrote:Can't find anything missing from the setlist too. Very nice! :)
Destiny?:)
You know how much Destiny sucks, so it´s good they played Visions there. :wink:
Let's not start this again,huh? :D :wink:
I haven't heard Visions live, yet.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat May 26, 2007 5:12 pm

You know how much Destiny sucks, so it´s good they played Visions there.

Could be it sucks, but you come and tell it straight to my face. The amount of sucking concerning the Stratovarius songs varies from person to person and seems to be connected to the intelligence level of the individual person. When we add the following ingredients to the soup: heartlesness and arrogance, then it is complete. Carry on! Signing out from Kyoto, T

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 26, 2007 7:07 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Could be it sucks, but you come and tell it straight to my face.
Of course then I will tell you that I have never liked Destiny, if I happen to talk you in one day, depending if I just remember it. It is true what you wrote, and I know I´m not that intelligent understand the meaning of every song etc.

Still (this is not an excuse) you may not have known we have had a long time here this Destiny/Visions(or Infinity) :wink: -battle with B_Pete. :roll:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 27, 2007 4:30 am

Ah well opinions are like assholes...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun May 27, 2007 5:00 am

NeonVomit wrote:Ah well opinions are like assholes...

............everybody's got one. :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun May 27, 2007 5:18 am

Of course then I will tell you that I have never liked Destiny, if I happen to talk you in one day, depending if I just remember it. It is true what you wrote, and I know I´m not that intelligent understand the meaning of every song etc.
This is not my point. "Destiny sucks" and "I don´t like Destiny" are 2 very different things. I leave you to decide which one is the opinion of intelligent person. It has nothing to do with understanding the "meaning" of the song, but the way opinions are expressed. So when you see me next time in Jyväskylä, then you come to me and say straight to my face: "Timo, Destiny sucks".

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sun May 27, 2007 10:31 am

TimoTolkki wrote:"Destiny sucks" and "I don´t like Destiny" are 2 very different things.It has nothing to do with understanding the "meaning" of the song, but the way opinions are expressed.
Agree absolutely!

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Sun May 27, 2007 10:58 am

Maniac wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:"Destiny sucks" and "I don´t like Destiny" are 2 very different things.It has nothing to do with understanding the "meaning" of the song, but the way opinions are expressed.
Agree absolutely!
Me too...!
And now I have to say that Destiny is one of my favourites, Strato have few songs that I don't like and songs are: Ballads... I've always think that why heavy bands make ballads?
In my opinion ballads is for pop bands :roll:
But...I think that those kind of songs are made to girl/women fans and I'm not girl or women :wink:
Meikä Ankka

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun May 27, 2007 11:42 am

Yes. For years I have spoken about more humane way to communicate, more tolerant and respectful. I havent surely always been the best of example, but so many people expect "rock stars" not to be human beings.
The very point of this thing is if we lower ourselves to the level of communicating with "this band fucking sucks" or if we keep it respectful. This was never possible on this forum, that´s why I created my own.
After having have to live up to the basic rule, that everybody deserves the same treatment because music is subjective and objective and NOBODY knows what is good or what is bad, every artist should be treated the same way no matter what and every person in the forum as well. It just happens to be so that people get kicks from projecting their garbage to others intentionally. Some are trolls, most are not. Most are even unaware of their behaviour. Of course the internet makes it possible to create "Stratovarius sucks donkeys ass" pages and whatever you like. I would like to say that every word that is said and written affects collectively to the whole known as mankind. We don´t have to be mean to have fun. Take a look at Jens, thats a good example of a person who is kind, superintelligent and can have fun with words in the way that does not hurt anyone.
And finally no, not even I like all the Stratovarius songs, but that was never the point why I wrote my answer. Very few people have the guts to come and tell me "Destiny sucks Tolkki" straight to my face, but it is easy to do that behind a nickname in the net. That I find truly pathetic.

dirge

Post by dirge » Sun May 27, 2007 1:02 pm

StratoTimo wrote:
Maniac wrote:
Agree absolutely!
Me too...!
And now I have to say that Destiny is one of my favourites, Strato have few songs that I don't like and songs are: Ballads... I've always think that why heavy bands make ballads?
In my opinion ballads is for pop bands :roll:
But...I think that those kind of songs are made to girl/women fans and I'm not girl or women :wink:
They are also for me, cos I like them. :P

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 27, 2007 3:17 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Very few people have the guts to come and tell me "Destiny sucks Tolkki" straight to my face, but it is easy to do that behind a nickname in the net. That I find truly pathetic.
You get people saying things all the time behind each others' backs because they lack the courage to say it directly to them. It's not a new thing that came along with the internet, it's happened ever since man has been able to communicate.

I guess that's part of the price we all pay for 'internet anonymity'. It can be a good thing, giving people courage to express themselves in ways that they could not ordinarily (for example, one of the youngsters at the special needs school I work at is autistic and does not communicate by speaking, but feels very comfortable to type over the internet and specifically on forums).

Then again, you get trolls.

I don't think IceBreaker is a troll, he's just very outspoken and stubborn :D These can be admirable qualities in a person under certain circumstances. If I was on trial for example, those are qualities I'd want my lawyer to possess. Again however, that's all I can see from this limited way of talking, over the interweb.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun May 27, 2007 3:48 pm

I don't think IceBreaker is a troll, he's just very outspoken and stubborn :D
I don´t think he is a troll either. Does "outspoken" equal to "Destiny sucks"?

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun May 27, 2007 3:54 pm

NV is right I´m more or less stubborn, and I think maybe you already noted that last summer when we argued ´bout Zidane after the infamous final game... (OT)

Yes, saying "it sucks" and "I don´t like it" is some kind of different things, many should understand it, but not always, like here happened. You wrote on your latest post that we don´t need to be mean when having fun, is actually the point in the whole case. It was a mean joke towards B_P, a person known liking Destiny very much. I should have written it to more tolerant way, or not writing it at all.

But I will say you that if I´m able to meet you again as it looks you want it. (No idea where, it depends mostlty on the places you will play.)
Why not I can´t say straight to your face, which your songs don´t please me at all, I could guess you respect the opinions of your fans.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun May 27, 2007 4:08 pm

IceBreaker wrote:NV is right I´m more or less stubborn, and I think maybe you already noted that last summer when we argued ´bout Zidane after the infamous final game... (OT)

Yes, saying "it sucks" and "I don´t like it" is some kind of different things, many should understand it, but not always, like here happened. You wrote on your latest post that we don´t need to be mean when having fun, is actually the point in the whole case. It was a mean joke towards B_P, a person known liking Destiny very much. I should have written it to more tolerant way, or not writing it at all.

But I will say you that if I´m able to meet you again as it looks you want it. (No idea where, it depends mostlty on the places you will play.)
Why not I can´t say straight to your face, which your songs don´t please me at all, I could guess you respect the opinions of your fans.
This is another topic. Respect earns respect. But what comes to music, basically it has nothing to do with fans when it´s been composed and therefore it has nothing to do with fans later either regarding what is "good" or what is "bad". The only situation where I take a fan opinion in consideration are the live concert set lists, but in actual composing I am doing only to please myself.
There are many people who give lots of advices to musicians and if there is anything I have learned during my 25 year career, then it is to listen to your own heart and maintain your vision especially when the times are tough. I take advice from people who I love and respect, that´s all.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun May 27, 2007 5:21 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Of course the internet makes it possible to create "Stratovarius sucks donkeys ass" pages and whatever you like.

There are, of course, web pages that publish trivial things that are really not much more than drivel written by a bored kid that still lives in his mom's basement.

But don't you think that life is simply too short to worry about the postings of people that are still stuck in such an adolescent mentality?
TimoTolkki wrote:Very few people have the guts to come and tell me "Destiny sucks Tolkki" straight to my face, but it is easy to do that behind a nickname in the net. That I find truly pathetic.
Yes, you could smack someone in the face that said that to you in person, but would it raise their I.Q. by even a single digit?

He might only have two brain cells left as it is, and even then, they probably would have to call each other via AT&T's long distance service :lol:

The only people that would come out ahead in such a situation would be the attorneys- your's and his.
Κύριε ἐλέησον