Nightwish's Eva & new singer....

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
tkbdadsgshim
Re: Nightwish's Eva & new singer....

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 pm

the good thing is that sh'e not a copy of tarja, she's not trying to sing like tarja n' that's somethin' to cheer up to her, i don't think she sounds like amy lee, it's different, she looks pretty, so lets wait to see what happens in the future.

thnx for the links
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 pm

She's from Sweden.

But, there you go, now we know who the new Nightwish singer is, and...I'm still waiting for the armaggedon.

Bah. So much for the stupid secret.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 24, 2007 8:49 pm

She's very pretty&she sounds good. I think she will do fine, but it goes without saying she is no Tarja. But, I don't think she was supposed to be! :)
Good luck to her!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu May 24, 2007 10:00 pm

It really annoys me how bands search for singers with "good looks". In that sense, metal bands are resembling pop bands more and more. What is this? American Idol? It really disappoints me to see how superficial some bands have become. I think it should be all about the musical talent. Take Elisa Martín, for example (ex singer of Dark Moor and Fairyland): she did her job well; she's a good singer, but not exactly beautiful... so what? On the other extreme we have Kiara from Skylark. She modelled for a perfume brand and she's supposed to be good looking... but she's a horrible singer!! Another non-beautiful singer with a great voice: Sonia Pineault from Forgotten Tales.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu May 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Funny. I thought that they didn't mind too much about the looks. She looks like a goblin to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu May 24, 2007 10:35 pm

Hahaha! Well, they did say that the new Nightwish singer should be good looking... But yes, beauty is completely subjective. I do think that the new singer is cute, but it bothers me that they took that into account as one of the requisites.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu May 24, 2007 11:45 pm

Stealth wrote:Hahaha! Well, they did say that the new Nightwish singer should be good looking... But yes, beauty is completely subjective. I do think that the new singer is cute, but it bothers me that they took that into account as one of the requisites.
Tarja was also rather attractive, IMO, and would you really want to see someone like, oh let's say, Rosie O'Donnell, fronting the band? :lol:

Attractive people sell albums, so I'm pretty sure that her appearance had to at least be taken into account.

The record label probably insisted on it.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Fri May 25, 2007 3:28 am

that's a good point, and sorry but for this king of music goth/metal if we could called it in this way, it's really important how they look and this is much more important for the front singer and more if it's a woman, just look, leave's eyes, within, and the list goes on, even lacrimosa applies this, so i don't blame them for been looking for a new female singer talented but also beauty, as miditek said " the beauty sells in this bussines", that's pretty shity...

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 am

It's almost the same as by food: you can serve a bad meal very "nice" so the eye also eat.

Unfortunately beauty sells better, but why not to be beauty AND a good singer? both are possible so Tuomas took both (hopefully, I can say it definitively after hearing the single)
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri May 25, 2007 9:28 am

Stealth wrote:Take Elisa Martín, for example (ex singer of Dark Moor and Fairyland): she did her job well; she's a good singer, but not exactly beautiful... so what?
Indeed, not exactly beautiful, but such a sweet heart!

My opinion about that new Nightwish singer : she's not a beauty (so was not Tarja), and her voice (at least on that tiny clip) has nothing special, no feeling, no power. The whole thing sounds SO pop!
Even Ana Johnsson would be a better choice imo.
Let's wait and see for the other songs, but I'm not so optimistic about it...
Getting fired from Nightwish was probably the best thing that could ever happen to Tarja. Even if I'm not a fan of hers, I have to admit she is an amazing opera singer, and singing such pop material would be a real waste of time for someone like her. It's like having Jens (Johansson) in your band, and asking him not to play any solo. Useless :wink:
<b>This is wrong</b>

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri May 25, 2007 10:15 am

has nothing special, no feeling, no power. The whole thing sounds SO pop!
:shock: you're right! It's just a normal message... :roll:
I have to admit she (Tarja) is an amazing opera singer
She has a opera voice but when you have been in an opera, you know she is not good enough for that. For an opera you have to have much more than Tarja has. Nothing against Tarja, I loved what she sung and her voice is famous (for metal) but not for operas.... Or if she trains a lot, maybe then she could go to opera...

If you have the chance to see an opera, don't miss it and you know what I mean
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Fri May 25, 2007 11:47 am

There's also a video blog available now...

http://fanblog.nightwish.com/main.site? ... /view&id=2

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri May 25, 2007 1:23 pm

nepi wrote: Or if she trains a lot, maybe then she could go to opera...
She actually HAS trained a lot :wink:
Spamming is serious business!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri May 25, 2007 1:25 pm

nepi wrote: She has a opera voice but when you have been in an opera, you know she is not good enough for that. For an opera you have to have much more than Tarja has. Nothing against Tarja, I loved what she sung and her voice is famous (for metal) but not for operas.... Or if she trains a lot, maybe then she could go to opera...

Finally, someone who understands.

Singing opera, as in a proper production, is far beyond what anyone in metal is capable of.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri May 25, 2007 2:09 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
nepi wrote: She has a opera voice but when you have been in an opera, you know she is not good enough for that. For an opera you have to have much more than Tarja has. Nothing against Tarja, I loved what she sung and her voice is famous (for metal) but not for operas.... Or if she trains a lot, maybe then she could go to opera...

Finally, someone who understands.

Singing opera, as in a proper production, is far beyond what anyone in metal is capable of.
That's so true! Metal is so demanding, even if it's a high level, opera is much higher.

It's not really something for this topic, but anway: I've seen Lucia Di Lammermoor from Donizetti and it was *wow* awesome!!!! It was so incredible!!! Tarja could never sing this on her current level!!!!!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

cliff

Post by cliff » Fri May 25, 2007 3:34 pm

nepi wrote: For an opera you have to have much more than Tarja has. Nothing against Tarja, I loved what she sung and her voice is famous (for metal) but not for operas.... Or if she trains a lot, maybe then she could go to opera...
Actually, my girlfriend who studies music and classical singing (and obviously knows a lot about singing) saw a solo gig of Tarja and she was extremely surprised by her singing. I don't know if she meant that Tarja is a great opera singer or that she sounded much better than in Nightwish (which is... not so difficult). I'll ask her to write smt about it here.
<b>This is wrong</b>

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri May 25, 2007 7:36 pm

I saw this in my bulletins on myspace, thought i'd share it with the rest of you...
Since the new NIGHTWISH singer...
Body: ...guests on the latest CLOUDSCAPE album (Crimson skies) on backing and echo vocals on the song "Will We remain" the song has now been uploaded in the CLOUDSCAPE space in order for everyone who haven´t this album to listen.

If you want to listen even more to her beautiful voice then you should visit http://www.myspace.com/alysonavenue (the female fronted AOR band she origins from).

Martine

Post by Martine » Fri May 25, 2007 9:20 pm

This was taken from metalfromfinland.com which I strongly recommend you to pay it a visit. The webmaster Tero (who is actually Timo's brother) is the best in keeping us informed of Finnish metal.

"NIGHTWISH: Anette Olzon is the new vocalist.
Category: Music

Finnish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH have recruited 35-year-old Swedish singer Anette Blyckert (a.k.a. Anette Olzon) to replace Tarja Turunen."

You may read the rest of the interview on Tero's website.

Good week-end to you all.

Martine from Montreal.
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri May 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Anette is 35!!! :shock: I want some of what she is taking, eating/drinking! I thought she was about 25, based on her pic!
Sorry, thats off-topic. :red:

Thank you, Martine, I think I will read that article. It sounds like an informative one!
I know probably that for the past couple days many Metal websites are a-buzz discussing the new NW singer. It is the biggest Metal news in quite some time.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat May 26, 2007 5:49 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Anette is 35!!! :shock: I want some of what she is taking, eating/drinking! I thought she was about 25, based on her pic!
Sorry, thats off-topic. :red:
With Anette being 35 and Marco being 41, I suppose that Nightwish can now <cough> join the ranks of metal bands with a sizable percentage of middle aged personnel! Just because a person is 35 or better does not indicate in the least that they still can't rock. I'm hoping to catch the Sabbath Retirement Tour (Mk IV.II) this summer as well. :lol:

Closer to the topic at hand, I recently spoke with an old flame from school (who by the way at 38 is still fucking hot, imo) and her name? You guessed it kids; Eva. ;)
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Sun May 27, 2007 3:05 am

Anette is pretty nice! As about the single it's only a simple Nightwish/Within Temptation style ballad.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun May 27, 2007 4:25 am

I want to see what the new material will sound like.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun May 27, 2007 10:06 am

NeonVomit wrote:I want to see what the new material will sound like.
Check out the homepage, you can find samples of three more new songs there.
Spamming is serious business!

Paola

Post by Paola » Mon May 28, 2007 4:45 pm

She sucks! :yuk: she sounds very pop, i don't like it.:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: Nightwish needs sound more metal than before.
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon May 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Paola wrote:She sucks! :yuk: she sounds very pop, i don't like it.:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: Nightwish needs sound more metal than before.
The song does. Maybe the newer songs will sound more metal.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon May 28, 2007 8:42 pm

There are 3 more songs in the Audio files part of the website. They sound heavy, pretty much like the songs from Once. 1 of them I like, but the new singer's voice sounds kinda weak.

http://www.nightwish.com/en/files/audio
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 pm

i think once sounds very pop, i rather to listen wishmaster and all the old stuff than once, i really don't like it :buh:

dirge

Post by dirge » Mon May 28, 2007 10:01 pm

Out of the four samples I really like the ones from the album but, i'm still not sure about the track Eva, like I said before, I need to hear it in full to pass any proper judgement.

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Mon May 28, 2007 10:06 pm

^^Then you listen! No body haven't force you to listen new awesome NW!
It's much more better than NW With Tartsa Turunen! She is so...
Meikä Ankka

nepi

Post by nepi » Mon May 28, 2007 10:24 pm

StratoTimo wrote:^^Then you listen! No body haven't force you to listen new awesome NW!
It's much more better than NW With Tartsa Turunen! She is so...
Hu, be careful! Tarja has a very good voice and without her, I think Nightwish hadn't that state it has now....

I can't say anything about the songs because the mp3's are too short... I need the entire album.... and I almost CAN'T WAIT!!!!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!