Megadeth live

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Shurik
Megadeth live

Post by Shurik » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Is a damn great thing!!!!

I've seen them live 2 days ago in Tel-Aviv and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (still, Dio was the best). Almost 2 hours of great music, 17 songs ... Dave is in great shape, other bandmembers also and seeing this legendary band which was one of those who introduced me to metal (Rust In Peace is the first CD I've ever bought) was a real experience for me ...

The playlist is:

01. Sleepwalker
02. Take No Prisoners
03. Wake Up Dead
04. Skin of My Teeth
05. Gears of War
06. She Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Hangar 18
09. Kick the Chair
10. Washington is Next!
11. A Tout Le Monde
12. Tornado of Souls
13. Reckoning Day
14. Peace Sells + Mechanix
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Never Walk Alone... A Call to Arms
17. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

There are also several video clips of various quality on YouTube, just type "Megadeth tel aviv" ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

NeonVomit

Re: Megadeth live

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:06 pm

Awsome! I was tempted to come over for that (im in Cyprus at the moment) but I didn't recieve my paycheque from my summer job in time :( Good to hear it went well!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Rantanen

U.S.A! U.S.A!

Post by Rantanen » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 am

I have been a big fan of Megadeth since I started listening to heavy metal music around 1993...one of the first records I ever purchased with my pocket money was "Countdown to extinction", in cassette tape format. Cd hadn't been around for all that long, but I guess had surpassed the cassette in a way.

Anyway, it's great to read that Mustaine has still his gears going as a family man and musician. He is quite an unbelievable guy really, considering reading some of the man's interviews and history of Megadeth (and Metallica :lol: ). I think most people have the kind of picture of him as a cruel, a little whacko in the head manipulator, bitter, etc...but I'm sure he's a great guy if you ever get to know him. He's related to me actually, ina distant sort of way. My mom's original last name is Mustonen. Dave has Finnish roots, believe it or not. The name Mustaine derives from that very same name. I read somewhere that his ancestors moved from Finland to France and then to North America. Mustaine received the national finnish pole book, The Kalevala recently as a gift, because of the genetic history. Last but not least, I am a musician and very creative person as well. Guess talent runs in the family tree, ha ha ha.

I consider the new "united abominations" album a great piece of work, keeping in mind that Mustaine was born in 1961, not so young anymore or what? And that a lot of ink has leaked out of his writing pen since the early eighties, and his well publicised problems with alcohol and drugs. I've only heard the new album once, and want to hear it many more times. I don't know what others may think but I believe that DM wrote and composed/played his best work during his "wild drug years", which is to say from , say, 1983 to 1993. Youthanasia was cool, I liked the sound of that album when it was released in '94, but every song had basically the same standard rock beat to it. From what I've heard, UA is a return to the more manic and speedy, thrashy, aggressive side of Megadeth, to the sound the band became known for. Sorry I'm rambling... gotta stop now.

Cheers!

Rantanen

More deth

Post by Rantanen » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:37 am

Sorry, I may be talking shit. I haven't heard "The system has failed or "the world needs a hero". I heard they were quite mediocre albums, the former being "the better one". I liked the "rude awakening live" quite a lot. Still, I would have liked to have heard live takes from the earlier years. I'm sure they've got plenty of material gathering dust somewhere, may be all over the place, I don't know. What will Megadeth do next? We certailnly don't want another "tout le monde" rehash, do we? Something cool, something original, something fresh! Vic's still rattling, ain't he... :twisted:

black death

Post by black death » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:31 pm

I saw them yesterday in my hometown :D

Great gig!
Unfortunately they were headliners of a festival (Metalmania) so I was standing in the first line and waiting for them more than 8 hours... Half of the bands before them were shits, half of them quite good...but this loooooooong waiting was absolutely worth it! :D

Here's the setlist:

and a few of my photos...

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:37 am

Oh yeah? Well I saw Motorhead and Dio open up for Iron Maiden in San Antonio, TX.
Weakness, these days are over...Old flesh, replaced by shiny armor...New thoughts, the mind expanded...Real tasks, that are demanded!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Static_J wrote:Oh yeah? Well I saw Motorhead and Dio open up for Iron Maiden in San Antonio, TX.
Great post, would read again.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:22 am

NeonVomit wrote:
Static_J wrote:Oh yeah? Well I saw Motorhead and Dio open up for Iron Maiden in San Antonio, TX.
Great post, would read again.
Good man, here i'll quote it again for you.
Weakness, these days are over...Old flesh, replaced by shiny armor...New thoughts, the mind expanded...Real tasks, that are demanded!

black death

Post by black death » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 am

And what has it to do with Megadeth?

huntermike85

Post by huntermike85 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:45 pm

hell yea gona see them at Gigantour

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:02 am

black death wrote:And what has it to do with Megadeth?
Nothin, but he mentioned his favorite show was Dio.

black death

Post by black death » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Static_J wrote:
Yes, nothing...a bit off-topic.
Btw. I've heard about Led Zeppelin :wink:

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:08 am

black death wrote:
Static_J wrote:
Yes, nothing...a bit off-topic.
Btw. I've heard about Led Zeppelin :wink:
Who gives a shit son, I didn't know you were the forum police.

black death

Post by black death » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:53 am

Static_J wrote:Who gives a shit son
Don't call me son unless you're going to include me in your will. :P

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:54 pm

black death wrote:
Static_J wrote:Who gives a shit son
Don't call me son unless you're going to include me in your will. :P
You've been cut out of the will. Maybe if you're job wasn't being a loser!

}:-)>

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:59 pm

-.-
Come on guys, let's not fight! -.-
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:46 am

Shurik wrote:Is a damn great thing!!!!

I've seen them live 2 days ago in Tel-Aviv and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to (still, Dio was the best). Almost 2 hours of great music, 17 songs ... Dave is in great shape, other bandmembers also and seeing this legendary band which was one of those who introduced me to metal (Rust In Peace is the first CD I've ever bought) was a real experience for me ...

The playlist is:

01. Sleepwalker
02. Take No Prisoners
03. Wake Up Dead
04. Skin of My Teeth
05. Gears of War
06. She Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Hangar 18
09. Kick the Chair
10. Washington is Next!
11. A Tout Le Monde
12. Tornado of Souls
13. Reckoning Day
14. Peace Sells + Mechanix
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Never Walk Alone... A Call to Arms
17. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

There are also several video clips of various quality on YouTube, just type "Megadeth tel aviv" ...

I saw them in Dubai,UAE 2 years ago! they were so awesome! 2nd best live I have ever seen, first goes to Iron Maiden!(those guys really out do them self's live!). Setlist was pretty much the same to.