Stratovarius @ Wacken

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AMBR@BEC
Re: Stratovarius @ Wacken

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:40 pm

heavydolphin wrote:@StratoTimo: Our son was made shortly after we had returned from Sydney/Australia, and as we are also big Finland-fans, we wanted to have a Finnish name as well, and Mikko was first choice (as we already had too many Timos in our little village here, haha!!) :lol:
Clever. And a very nice sounding name for an absolutley adorable little boy. Congrats!
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:14 pm

...hehe, thanx :-))
and how do you like Syd's KOTIPELTO-shirt?? :D

black death

Post by black death » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:09 pm

heavydolphin wrote:...hehe, thanx :-))
and how do you like Syd's KOTIPELTO-shirt?? :D
Hehe...that's awesome! :D

How many "metal t-shirts" does your son have? Probably more than me... :lol:

stratovana

Post by stratovana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:25 pm

Your son is so cute :) And I think he has more metal shirts then me too! :) :)

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 pm

He also got this original-signed one
plus a not-signes STRATOVARIUS-shirt and a STRATO-jeans-jacket PLUS tons of other black ones with prints like "metal son of a metal dad", "333 - only half evil yet", "Heavy Metal is my future" and so on... :-))

IF you REALLY are interested check http://www.sydneymikko.de.hm :)

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:48 am

Ok it's official, that baby has more metal related clothing than I do...

Just dont tell me he already has a signed ESP guitar...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:03 am

heavydolphin wrote:I'll try to put some photos of the Wacken-gig on http://www.stratovarius.de soon... but not too good ones... only could fight myself into 7th row or something like that... - Well, an old mama like I am ;-))
Welcome back, heavydolphin, and Congratulations! Your baby is so precious! :luv3: The most wonderful journey of your life is just beginning! :funhi: And, yes that is a cool shirt! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:20 pm

Ooops... no ESP-guitar yet...
but fitting to this thread, he also got this :lol:

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:23 pm

Congratz Alex to this wonderful son!! :)

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:45 am

Lyrics for the new song? Anyone? :?:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:54 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Hmm, I don't own Fright Night or Dreamspace. I've been meaning to get my hands on them... curious about them!
Do it! :D
Fright Night is an excellent frisbee
Timo, quiet your self bashing :P the song Fright Night is amazing. I love your vocals in it, especially from 1:50-2:00 and from 4:58-5:41
The intros in Witch Hunt and Black Night are great. Fire Dance is also great.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 am

Rebel wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Hmm, I don't own Fright Night or Dreamspace. I've been meaning to get my hands on them... curious about them!
Do it! :D
Fright Night is an excellent frisbee
Timo, quiet your self bashing :P the song Fright Night is amazing. I love your vocals in it, especially from 1:50-2:00 and from 4:58-5:41
The intros in Witch Hunt and Black Night are great. Fire Dance is also great.
Thanks for reminding.
It was actually TT himself who said that :shock:

Edit: well then, why not make it again, you know like remake the lyrics abit, and have TK singing there, and maybe the order could be different.
(I would buy that! :D )

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Fright Night is an excellent frisbee
A little time before I would agree with that. But now I have realised that I like it! It's quite different compared to what followed, I would consider it as a heavy metal album and not power metal. It's a pitty that you don't play any song from the albums that you were leading the vocals!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Check out Future Shock '96, it's exactly what Exe Knight just described.

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am

exe knight wrote:Edit: well then, why not make it again, you know like remake the lyrics abit, and have TK singing there, and maybe the order could be different.
(I would buy that! :D )
I guess everybody here would buy that :P

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Moikko wrote:Liked the new song!! Great and refreshing!! :wink:
Now when I've listened this new song few times more than first day, I have to say that this is totally AWESOME. I love it!
This is now one of my favourite songs!
SO Thank you MR.Tolkki 8)
Meikä Ankka

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Beast_Pete wrote: Setlist was something like this:

Hunting High & Low
Speed of Light
Distant Skies
Million Light Years Away
Father Time
Visions
Paradise
Last Night on Earth
Eagleheart
Black Diamond

Ohh and BEG, we saw found out the new album's name, didn't we? We were so right about it. :P

I hope that next time Strato plays in Wacken there will be a bigger meeting. It was a pleassure to meet stratovana IRL, hope to find the others later as well. :P
Was it the entire setlist? (sorry for my late post...)
And how was the new song?
@Beast_Pete: In a year it's time again to re-re-quote a p.m. :D
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Yes, it's the full setlist. They had only 60 minutes to play. :/
The new song was really great. I think it's a bit like Episode + Destiny albums feeling.

Next year you come as well, right?! :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:23 pm

I already said it a year ago :) but I think, I will come.... I see now what passed by without me... *grrr*
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 pm

Rebel wrote:Check out Future Shock '96, it's exactly what Exe Knight just described.
I will if I could somehow, as long as I can't find that single or the song from internet I will just not check it out.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:20 am

Here is another videos this one you need to download the videos is Excelent so enjoy.

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-109964 ... ow-mfv.mpg

Tolkki have some problems with the Acoustic guitar

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:12 am

exe knight wrote:
Rebel wrote:Check out Future Shock '96, it's exactly what Exe Knight just described.
I will if I could somehow, as long as I can't find that single or the song from internet I will just not check it out.
I can e-mail it if you're looking for it on the internet.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:03 am

Rebel wrote:
exe knight wrote:
No you won´t. You would be transmitting copyrighted material over the internet. This song is possible to download against a fee from the net at least as mp3.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Rebel wrote:
exe knight wrote:
No you won´t. You would be transmitting copyrighted material over the internet. This song is possible to download against a fee from the net at least as mp3.
Do you mean...that if he/she(whoever) changes the file type then it's not illegal?
Well but I don't care really much, I like FN FS just fine (well but I Would love to get my hands on that newer version...)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:18 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Rebel wrote:
exe knight wrote:
Timo, here's an idea... why don't we ask the webmaster or someone else to put links on the main page to where one can purchase Stratovarius mp3s? I'm talking about things like Japan bonus tracks and other difficult things to find on CD. I collect the CDs, but I'm unwilling to spend a large amount on an album I already have just for the two bonus tracks...

Plus I had a brainwave when I was in London recently. I don't know how feasible it is but anyway.

How about a port in record stores that allows you to hook up your mp3 player/iPod/whatever to a server and download what you want, and then pay at the counter? Many times I've thought 'Ooh the new album by X is out, must check iTunes for it' or something and then I forget... I dunno. Maybe it would work.

But personally, I think the record labels will be in real big trouble when Apple starts signing artists and releasing albums themselves. I predict this will happen within the next 5 years.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:39 am

NeonVomit wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
Rebel wrote:
exe knight wrote:
Timo, here's an idea... why don't we ask the webmaster or someone else to put links on the main page to where one can purchase Stratovarius mp3s? I'm talking about things like Japan bonus tracks and other difficult things to find on CD. I collect the CDs, but I'm unwilling to spend a large amount on an album I already have just for the two bonus tracks...

Plus I had a brainwave when I was in London recently. I don't know how feasible it is but anyway.

How about a port in record stores that allows you to hook up your mp3 player/iPod/whatever to a server and download what you want, and then pay at the counter? Many times I've thought 'Ooh the new album by X is out, must check iTunes for it' or something and then I forget... I dunno. Maybe it would work.

But personally, I think the record labels will be in real big trouble when Apple starts signing artists and releasing albums themselves. I predict this will happen within the next 5 years.
The principle is: if you cannot relatively easy find a place in the net, where you can buy Strato mp3´s, then it´s fine by me if you download it for free.
I still consider myself as a moral and legal owner of my work, but we have been through this before. And yes, the record companies are in trouble and rightfully so. The cd prices are ridicilous. I still think the cd will remain though. The sound quality is just so much better than mp3s, plus the artwork/packaging stuff.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:03 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
The principle is: if you cannot relatively easy find a place in the net, where you can buy Strato mp3´s, then it´s fine by me if you download it for free.
I still consider myself as a moral and legal owner of my work, but we have been through this before. And yes, the record companies are in trouble and rightfully so. The cd prices are ridicilous. I still think the cd will remain though. The sound quality is just so much better than mp3s, plus the artwork/packaging stuff.
Definately, I never listen to classical music on mp3s, always CD. There is a difference which really shines in classical music. Plus everyone likes collecting CDs, which is why artwork and booklet design is so important. And someone saying 'hey, I have 40 gigs of music!' will never be as impressive as someone saying 'hey, I have 400 original cds!'.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:11 am

NeonVomit wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
Definately, I never listen to classical music on mp3s, always CD. There is a difference which really shines in classical music. Plus everyone likes collecting CDs, which is why artwork and booklet design is so important. And someone saying 'hey, I have 40 gigs of music!' will never be as impressive as someone saying 'hey, I have 400 original cds!'.
There is a clear difference in any music. Mp3 just doesnt have the frequency range of cd plus it is compressed to make it smaller. It makes the lows and the highs more bad plus the sound is overall more mushy.
But I like iPod stuff and it´s cool to have anyway. Sounds good with small earphones, but on a stereosystem..no way.

nepi

Post by nepi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
I've been on more then 40 gigs AND have more than 400 original albums at home :D
The idea about a port of bonus tracks on the page would be nice. I set an aim to get all the Strato-stuff but I don't know if I already have anything of them....

So I would prefer something where I can see if there is an LP available (e.g. from the Visions and Destiny) or other rare CDs....
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:54 pm

The quality and the fact that I'm owning something is the reason why I bought several Stratovarius stuff originally. Foer example Fright Night sounds so good on LP and I'm yet to listen to Fourth Dimension on LP as well, I just haven't wrapped the foiling thing from it.

If I think about it: without the Internet and free downloads I wouldn't have ever get to know about Stratovarius existance and I wouldn't be owning what they composed and produced. Of course not everyone is buying what he/she likes even if they are fanatic, but when you have the money to spend it on something, then going to a concert or buying some CDs is something I find a good way to spend your money.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend