Wacken 2008

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
nepi
Wacken 2008

Post by nepi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:00 am

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-b ... ling-2008/

I have to buy my tickets... right now!!!!! :D
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

NeonVomit

Re: Wacken 2008

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:31 am

I'm getting mine the moment they come out.

I'm not missing this for anything.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:42 pm

I already have mines. :) Will be a great year again. We will arrive on the preday's morning at around 6, so we will be able to reserv a cmaping area for you guys, if you want us to do so.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:53 pm

I'm interested mostly in Kreator (of course) and perhaps Children Of Bodom and Iron Maiden (as fas as their playlist is based on the Golden Years 1984-1988)
If there is a chance to go to an European festival next year maybe I'll prefer Keep It True, which includes a lot of beloved bands. (as Titan Force, Jag Panzer, Helstar, Attacker and more)

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:35 pm

hm...that's where my mother don't wants me to go, as I wrote in another thread...
but I read, that this bands are supposed to go there too:
Cantus Buranus, Holy Moses,and Lordi
Wanted to see Sonata and especially Iron Maiden...but...hm...shouldn't aspire because my hopes will be dashed -.-
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:45 pm

I'd like to go but I'm not millionare :cry: But if I'm right, Iron Maiden is coming to Finland at next year to give some music! So I go their gig...Perkele! And I see Sonata also at next Summer, so it would be nice to have so much money to go Wacken, but I see great bands at here in Finland... that's not so important to me to go there :P
Meikä Ankka

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:58 pm

I see Sonata this saturday! And then Kotipelto with Kreator on the 22nd.

Never heard Kreator before...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:04 pm

Stratotimo wrote
I'd like to go but I'm not millionare But if I'm right, Iron Maiden is coming to Finland at next year to give some music! So I go their gig...Perkele! And I see Sonata also at next Summer, so it would be nice to have so much money to go Wacken, but I see great bands at here in Finland... that's not so important to me to go there
^^" I don't have to be a millionaire to go to Wacken for it's in germany...I would prefere seeing anyone in Finland, believe! gg but for that I would have to be a millionaire lol

Stratoplayer, you are lucky...
do they come to Mexico?
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:
Stratotimo wrote
I'd like to go but I'm not millionare But if I'm right, Iron Maiden is coming to Finland at next year to give some music! So I go their gig...Perkele! And I see Sonata also at next Summer, so it would be nice to have so much money to go Wacken, but I see great bands at here in Finland... that's not so important to me to go there
^^" I don't have to be a millionaire to go to Wacken for it's in germany...I would prefere seeing anyone in Finland, believe! gg but for that I would have to be a millionaire lol

Stratoplayer, you are lucky...
do they come to Mexico?
Yes but, to a small bar gig... nothing anywhere NEAR Wacken...

You know... if I sold a kidney and my brother into slaver I could get enoght for the round trip ticket...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Hmm...yeah, I got it ^^"
But it's nice you can go ANYwhere to see them.
Though it's not Wacken it's better than nothing...
but it seems to me I'm very lucky with my location, though there are still some hundreds of kilometers.
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Though it's not Wacken it's better than nothing...
I like separate gigs more than those at festivals. They are usually longer than at festival and there are ONLY the band's fans (not people waiting for someone else or just looking what the band is :? )...so there's usually much better atmosphere, better audience :D and you don't have to wait for your fav band for 10 hours :x if you want to be in first line!

Festivals are good just because you can find there very good bands that you've never heard about and that you wouldn't pay for because you don't know them :shock: .

I'm sure Wacken is a great festival although I've never been there (I hope I'll be there next year for Maiden :D ), but there are also some others really good ones...

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Yeah, I think both (greater festivals with many different bands and special concerts of one band) are great...
But I think Wacken's just like this Mekka-travel-thing. You have to go there once in your life-time if you love this metal stuff
(wish I had been there 2005...teräsbetoniiiii at true metal stage)
And getting to know new bands on such a festival I could imagine to be great, too.
(I hope I'll be there next year for Maiden ),
That's one reason why I wanted to go next year as well, yeah, but you know...my mother -.- *crying 'cause can't see Metal Gods*+
Well...I never been on one concert, neither special one for a single band, nor big one...but as I said I could imagine both as great.
Little one could be quite cute, a very little one ^^ tiny tiny ^^
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:But I think Wacken's just like this Mekka-travel-thing.
I wouldn't say that...
Me, My Enemy wrote:(I hope I'll be there next year for Maiden) That's one reason why I wanted to go next year as well, yeah, but you know...my mother -.- *crying 'cause can't see Metal Gods*+
Well...I never been on one concert, neither special one for a single band, nor big one...but as I said I could imagine both as great.
Little one could be quite cute, a very little one ^^ tiny tiny ^^
I saw Maiden this year in June :D
I wished to be in Wacken in 2005, too...for Sentenced...'cause there's no chance to see them live in future :(

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:10 pm

Chehe...this Mekka-travel-thing...I don't know if it's like that, but...I just feel like that, so for me it's like that.

Were did you see Maiden? So, did you have to go far to see them?

I don't know Sentenced, maybe I can find some things in Youtube.
But don't they exist anymore, or why aren't you able to see them once in future?
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Were did you see Maiden? So, did you have to go far to see them?
In the Czech Republic :D ...about 350 km from the place where I live.
Me, My Enemy wrote:I don't know Sentenced, maybe I can find some things in Youtube.
But don't they exist anymore, or why aren't you able to see them once in future?
Look at www.sentenced.org - the official homegrave :twisted:
They finished in 2005. The band did NOT split, they simply finished :( :( :(
Really good albums are "The Cold White Light" or "The Funeral Album"...but the others as well :)

Tulikaarme

Post by Tulikaarme » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:22 pm

Probably my first comment ever on the English section, but anyway…

I’d love to go to Wacken. I planned already to visit it this year (2007), but I got into problems with date, time and money. Besides I’ve made up my mind long ago to visit Wacken the next summer right after I finish high school, which happens to be next year. And of course since the only band so far I’m not familiar with is Kreator, it’d be definitely worth of going.

Then again, I’ve been abroad only once (from school) so it’d be challenging to visit German without previous experience of travelling. At least for me.

So if there are any Finns out there who’ve been to Wacken, as well as anyone who has visited the festival before, perhaps you could give me some tips… :wink:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:56 am

Nice to have somebody else from Pohjanmaa here, I'm from Kokkola but currently live in Turku. I once saw Stratovarius live in Evijärvi. I think it was during the Destiny -tour. That's quite close to Lappajärvi, if I'm not mistaken.
Then again, I’ve been abroad only once (from school) so it’d be challenging to visit German without previous experience of travelling. At least for me.
People in general are very helpful, just ask for help if you are lost or confused. I'v helped and gotten help from a lot people.

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:32 am

@Blackdeath: Thanks for the link...I followed and there's buried alive-tour...which sounds quite sad O_o
I also went to wiki and youtube...now I listen to No one there (first song I listen) and I really like it...will search for other stuff, too. Do you like this song by them?
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:56 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:@Blackdeath: Thanks for the link...I followed and there's buried alive-tour...which sounds quite sad O_o
I also went to wiki and youtube...now I listen to No one there (first song I listen) and I really like it...will search for other stuff, too. Do you like this song by them?
Yes, it's from "The Cold White Light" album, probably my fav album by them. And I love the clip to this song.
Very good song is also "Guilt And Regret" or "Excuse Me While I Kill Myself"...or many others :D

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:59 pm

Those ones I didn't hear yet, I just heard 5 so far but those all the time:

This Ever Frost thing, Suicider, Dead Leaves, No one there, and Vengeance is mine.

Like the band, It's sad they finished.

Well, but I think we're drifting into off topic ^^"
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

black death

Post by black death » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:30 am

...so back to the topic :D

New band for Wacken 2008 confirmed...a band of a suspiciusly similar name as one person here has :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-n ... s-is-back/

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Shit! :shock: It would be awesome to be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7lP30tSZF0
Makes my mouth water...

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Tulikaarme wrote:I’d love to go to Wacken. I planned already to visit it this year (2007), but I got into problems with date, time and money.
Come on, like you haven't been to enough festivals during the last summer? :D
Kreator is a really good band. their last album "Enemy Of God" was fantastic, I will definitely have to send u some of those songs. However, I'm not sure if Kreator might be a really good band to see live, coz the music is quite always the same (but hei, I'm a fan!!). But their singer really sings with balls, besides their guitar player is amazing, and Finnish, so, definitely worth it :)

Kokkola. Weird, I just happened to hear about this city for the first time this morning. Dianno is gonna play there!
<b>This is wrong</b>

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm

WTF!?!?! :shock: Dianno live in Kokkola!!! I justed checked it out and it's true. Wow, is it really going that bad for him?

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:03 am

Carcass wrote:WTF!?!?! :shock: Dianno live in Kokkola!!! I justed checked it out and it's true. Wow, is it really going that bad for him?
well, he will have a kind of intensive tour in Finland. He is even coming to Kuopio.
On his Myspace page, there is a banner which tells "do you want to book me ?". I guess everyone has to make a living. Too bad that Dianno doesn't seem to know what to do in his life except covering Maiden songs...
<b>This is wrong</b>

Tulikaarme

Post by Tulikaarme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:26 am

cliff wrote:
Tulikaarme wrote:I’d love to go to Wacken. I planned already to visit it this year (2007), but I got into problems with date, time and money.
Come on, like you haven't been to enough festivals during the last summer? :D
Too much is never enough. :wink:

OPOJ

Post by OPOJ » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Wow... you guys are so lucky.... :shock:

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Carcass and At the Gates, reunited !!! i am going to die!
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:52 pm

cliff wrote:
Carcass wrote:WTF!?!?! :shock: Dianno live in Kokkola!!! I justed checked it out and it's true. Wow, is it really going that bad for him?
well, he will have a kind of intensive tour in Finland. He is even coming to Kuopio.
On his Myspace page, there is a banner which tells "do you want to book me ?". I guess everyone has to make a living. Too bad that Dianno doesn't seem to know what to do in his life except covering Maiden songs...
We went to see this gig yesterday. He's in a terrible shape. The sounds were horrible. But it was great fun. He's incredibly foul-mouthed. :lol:

black death

Post by black death » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:33 pm

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-n ... -are-back/

I dunno why I'm typing it here, I'm probably not going to Wacken (I can go to IM somewhere else and Avantasia will be HERE :D , but who knows, I'll see :shock: later), but somebody could be interested...