Last Albums you got

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Rantanen
Re: Last Albums you got

Post by Rantanen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:42 am

Mormegil wrote:Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes
Hunting down the missing Sabbath-albums. Tony Martin -era albums are so underrated.
Hey, you're right. That's a good album. The follow-up to Cross purposes, titled Forbidden, was quite horrible though. They tried to do something fresh, or back to "original guitar sound" or something like that, but in the masses' eyes, Forbidden sucked. It was thrashed in the reviews as well.
"Headless cross", the earlier one (from 1990?) was really cool. Good songs on it. Tony Martin is a good enough singer, talented. Not very original, but still beats the shit out of a lot of other vocal opportunists. :)

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:37 pm

my new albums are....

some from Pink Floyd (best of, live and a great gig in the sky)
Opeth's damnation & blackwater park (I love this title!)
and of course Amorphis' silent water

all are GREAT!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:16 pm

Rantanen wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes
Hunting down the missing Sabbath-albums. Tony Martin -era albums are so underrated.
Hey, you're right. That's a good album. The follow-up to Cross purposes, titled Forbidden, was quite horrible though. They tried to do something fresh, or back to "original guitar sound" or something like that, but in the masses' eyes, Forbidden sucked. It was thrashed in the reviews as well.
"Headless cross", the earlier one (from 1990?) was really cool. Good songs on it. Tony Martin is a good enough singer, talented. Not very original, but still beats the shit out of a lot of other vocal opportunists. :)
I like Headless Cross a lot, especially the title track. I heard Forbidden is bad, but I'll get it anyway, because I'm not complete without every Sabbath-album. :P

Rantanen

Post by Rantanen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Yeah, well I have to admit there are some good songs on "Forbidden" as well. Such as "Shaking off the chains", the song boasts some catchy riffs. The opening track "illusion of power" is quite terrible, with Ice-T "rapping" some crap over a mediocre track. This album is okay in a certain way, but it just doesn't have the balls. It just tends to fall apart in every way when you listen to it. Of course if you are a genuine Sabbath fan you should without a doubt acquire the album. But it's a million miles behind some of the classic stuff the Ozzy-headlined Sabbath did in the 70's.

I reckon the first 6 or 7 Black Sabbath studio albums are the only thing you need. I mean, Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol.4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage. That's the cream of the crop. After that, the songwriting got more difficult, went down. The first 4 or 5 ones were just a conjuring, something brilliant. Something that can never be outdone, let alone redone, again. They really hit the right vein, were the masters of their time and genre. What an awesome band, to sum up their whole career. Wow. And Ozzy is still in shape, I have heard. 8)

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:38 am

When I first heard Forbidden I didn't think it was that bad. Nothing wrong with rap. I like some, A Tribe Called Quest are cool. Gil Scott-Heron isn't bad either (this is probably the sin number 1 that a 'metal head' can commit :)).
nepi wrote:and of course Amorphis' silent water
That band went downhill after AM Universum, which is probably the best Finnish metal album ever. Rotten Sound are the second best, they are amazing live.

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Haha :)
I helped a little child with english and german (wondered why I had to help her with german for german is her mother tongue but I don't care if I get money) and now, I was able to buy this (tadaaaa) today:

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Kotipelto - Serenity
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
I looked for love in an empty world
but all I found was hate

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:05 am

Ironmaiden - The number of the beast
Ironmaiden - Man on the edge
Ironmaiden - Wildest dreams
Ironmaiden - Edvard the great
Helloween - Master of the rings
Helloween - Chameleon
Helloween - The time of the oath
Helloween - Master of the keys
Children of Bodom - Something wild

Well...the Ironmaiden was awesome, Man on the edge is great as well as Futureal, I haven't heard Wicker man really many times yet...only once I quess.
The Helloween is awesome too, not nearly as dark styled as I thought, really nice to listen.
CoB was really awesome too aswell, and I was thinking of getting more albums from them as I heard that this was their first album and that it's the worst, so I'm excited of what Hatebreeder will be like, with those "pearl´songs.

Note: didn't get all of them, everthing except the last two I borrowed from cousins husband...

black death

Post by black death » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:51 am

exe knight wrote:CoB was really awesome too aswell, and I was thinking of getting more albums from them as I heard that this was their first album and that it's the worst, so I'm excited of what Hatebreeder will be like, with those "pearl´songs.
I don't like CoB too much. I've heard this album (Something Wild) and I've heard the last one (I think it's the last one :? ) - "Are You Dead Yet?" and I can't see a big difference :roll: . But their fans whom I know say that the best are their early albums.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:23 pm

Rantanen wrote: I reckon the first 6 or 7 Black Sabbath studio albums are the only thing you need. I mean, Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol.4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage. That's the cream of the crop. After that, the songwriting got more difficult, went down. The first 4 or 5 ones were just a conjuring, something brilliant. Something that can never be outdone, let alone redone, again. They really hit the right vein, were the masters of their time and genre. What an awesome band, to sum up their whole career. Wow. And Ozzy is still in shape, I have heard. 8)
Besides Sabotage, I've got all of those and I agree. Great, classic stuff that started this little thing called "heavy metal". :) But I would certainly add the Dio-albums Heaven And Hell (maybe even my favourite) and Mob Rules.

Rantanen

Sabbath

Post by Rantanen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:27 pm

Dehumanizer? Is that the correct way of spelling, or dehumaniser? Whatever, I think that's a good one. (With Dio). Heavy. :bandit:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:51 pm

Dehumanizer (I think it's with "z") has some great moments too. Computer God and I particularly.

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:30 pm

I'm just listening to Mute Math and their self-titled album, that I got from my brother. It's really really cool, creative and demanding kind of music. A bit like a mixture of coldplay and the "Hamburger Schule" (bands like Kante or Madsen), with a little bit of freaking-outs like the Chili Peppers.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:00 am

Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder

I got it cheap so I bought it, it's not IMO as good as SW but fine anyway, atleast Downfall was awesome. Althrough there were better songs on SW.

Now playing: Hatebreeder

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Type O Negative - Life Is Killing Me

Just finishing my first listen of the album, fantastic album! Wish I had bought it sooner! Possibly one of their finest albums. 8)

black death

Post by black death » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Make Some Noise: The Campaign To Save Darfur
I bought it just to support this Amnesty International activity in Darfur, not because I would expect something from this album...some of the songs (and bands) are quite good, but listening of some of them is just at everybody's own risk :lol:

HIM - Venus Doom
In fact, I didn't get it. I just heard it on internet. In my opinion it's their worst album :roll: .

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:01 am

Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Mormegil wrote: Besides Sabotage, I've got all of those and I agree. Great, classic stuff that started this little thing called "heavy metal".
Now I do and same words for this one. 8)

Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)
Positive surprise, for a change (this year has seen many dissapointments.)

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:29 pm

blackdeath wrote
HIM - Venus Doom
In fact, I didn't get it. I just heard it on internet. In my opinion it's their worst album .
Haven't heard the whole album, only two songs at youtube...Of those albums I have Dark Light is the worst one, but...could be they got EVEN WORSE :lol: :roll:

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
(I love it to teach children :D Every time I do it it's a new Maiden album :) :lol: :D :wink: )
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:31 pm

Axamenta - Ever-Arch-I-Tech-Ture

black death

Post by black death » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:03 am

Me, My Enemy wrote:Haven't heard the whole album, only two songs at youtube...Of those albums I have Dark Light is the worst one, but...could be they got EVEN WORSE :lol: :roll:
I don't think Dark Light is soooooo bad :?
Most of loyal HIM fans hate it, but I'm not such a huge HIM fan and I think it's NOT so bad :roll:
But you'll see :shock: , hehe...you'll hear :music:

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:49 pm

I know many don't like it...I don't know if I'm still such a big HIM fan...first because of Dark Light and second because of this Summer Wine project they did with this woman..don't know how she's called...I heard it at "Antenne Bayern" when I sat in the bus, which is a Pop channel, and I couldn't believe my ears. Dark Light...mh sounds partly just too positive for me. The old stuff was so dark and this is so light LOL, especially the song Dark Light is horrible. Yes there are some songs which I find quite okay but...I listen to them just very few times as well because I find them a bit boring! You know I can hear the album if it's played somewhere but I don't listen to it when I'm on my own.
Anyway...maybe if I have too much time I will listen to this Venus Doom stuff as well at youtube. Just heard 2 songs and forgot about them ^^"

Yesterday I got Sentenced Frozen album
Blackdeath, tell me if it was the right choice. There were also: Amok and Crimson. What would you have chosen if you hadn't had one before?
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Ordered:

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play 2CD
Queensrÿche - Rage For Order

black death

Post by black death » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:26 pm

Me, My Enemy wrote:Yesterday I got Sentenced Frozen album
Blackdeath, tell me if it was the right choice. There were also: Amok and Crimson. What would you have chosen if you hadn't had one before?
Ja, sehr gut :D .
The first Sentenced album I got was Crimson and I immediately fell in love with it :oops: Frozen is very good as well and Amok is not bad at all :)

Aina (The Metal Opera)
I've heard it just once by now and it doesn't sound bad :)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:38 pm

36 Crazyfists - Bitterness The Star

Just arrived via mail! :) Really ass-kicking hardcore/emo album, I am listening to it now for the 2nd time and cannot figure out one single weak song.

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Aftermath - Eyes Of Tomorrow
CJSS - 2 4 1 (World Gone Mad & Praise The Loud)
Convixion - Metal Drinking Conspiracy
Mystic Circle - Damien
Scariot - Strange To Numbers
The Ordeal - Kings Of Pain
White Skull - The XIII Skull

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Wolfcry - Warfair
Crystall Ball - Virtual Empire

Me, My Enemy

Post by Me, My Enemy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:32 pm

Sentenced - Buried Alive
Like a glacier melting
watch me dissipate
but all I found was hate

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Three albums :

Nightwish - dark passion greed

Primal Fear - New Religion

Helloween - gambling withe devil

All 3 are promo cd's straightly given to me by the labels to make reviews. :)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 pm

MetalAngel wrote:Nightwish - dark passion greed
THAT is wrong... It is Nightwish - Dark Passion PLAY

I bought:

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Meikä Ankka

Rantanen