Immaculate conception

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
htcdude
Immaculate conception

Post by htcdude » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Well the petshop sold me 2 males rabbits back in October...on Saturday i found 4 babies in the hutch :-)
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

black death

Re: Immaculate conception

Post by black death » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:48 pm

:lol:
Yeah, the shop assistant must have been an expert. You're not the only person to whom this happened though, I've heard something similar from 2 or 3 other people :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:03 pm

htcdude wrote:Well the petshop sold me 2 males rabbits back in October...on Saturday i found 4 babies in the hutch :-)
Actually, its hard to tell the sexes apart even by experts.
Anyway, htcdude, I'd advise you to separate the adult male rabbit from the babies because adult males tend to kill baby rabbits, especially if they are males, too. I know that sounds gross, but its a fact of nature. Not only rabbits, but Tomcats will do this act, too.

Also, place lots of fresh straw in the bottom of the hutch because rabbits love straw as bedding.

When my Ex&I were still together we raised rabbits for about 5 years&they are so precious, but they are not totally carefree. And, the saying is true: rabbits do multiply like hell! :) So, if you do not want a second brood in a few months, keep the adults seperated until you want more baby rabbits!

Awwwwwww, just in time for Easter! :luv3:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:26 pm

All is well heh. Although we took Dad in to get him snipped and he died. But bunnies are alive and kicking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlMARoiKV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkkII4WJdaA

We think there's another lot on the way soon :-S
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:50 pm

This happened to our Hamsters also, we left them with them after that anyway and one of them survived :roll: ...And currently that's our only one, it's called "Tornado", usually we call it/him/her "Toris"...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:41 am

htcdude wrote:All is well heh. Although we took Dad in to get him snipped and he died. But bunnies are alive and kicking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlMARoiKV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkkII4WJdaA

We think there's another lot on the way soon :-S
Yes, sometimes female rabbits go into heat within hours of giving birth. Hence, as quick as one brood is weaned, another batch is born! The babies grow very fast!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Static_J

Post by Static_J » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 pm

That is rediculously fast. But you can't beat human males. As soon as my daughter was concieved, I was in heat again!
Weakness, these days are over...Old flesh, replaced by shiny armor...New thoughts, the mind expanded...Real tasks, that are demanded!