New Jenssongs

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Stratowarius
New Jenssongs

Post by Stratowarius » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Jens has put up new song son his Myspaceforum! Incredible good!

Plisken

Re: New Jenssongs

Post by Plisken » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:49 am

ooo i just heard them! i like fading a lot! both songs are amazing >.> I wonder who the vocalist is too he is really REALLY good!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm

This is great news! My son loves Jens albums!
They used to be available at
http://www.cdbaby.com

I'll ask my son who the singer is, if he is the one who sings on "The Last Viking". That is one very cool album!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Moony

Post by Moony » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:19 am

The songs are ”Fading Away” and ”The Last Viking” from the Johansson brothers album The Last Viking (1999). Vocals by Göran Edman, guitar by Mike Romeo, drums by Anders Johansson and keyboards by the roughly humanoid featherless biped Mr. Jens himself.

You can get the album from the CD Baby website BEG mentioned above, order away!
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:28 am

sweet! thanks man! so on guitar is Romeo, that guy is amazing! never heard of the vocalist though going to check him out.

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 pm

The singer Göran used to sing with Yngwie Malmsteen when Jens and Anders was there too.
He's just out with a new project called Vindictiv. I think it's worth to look up.

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Llageran wrote:The singer Göran used to sing with Yngwie Malmsteen when Jens and Anders was there too.
He's just out with a new project called Vindictiv. I think it's worth to look up.
So, I did and found his site. He's also on Jayce Landberg's new album, Break The Spell. Wish I could find some samples of both. Checked out his myspace, but he doesn't have any on it. :? There are some pretty good videos on his website, though.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

Moony

Post by Moony » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:04 am

AMBR@BEC: Check the Jayce Landberg and Vindictiv MySpaces instead. :) There's also a lot of samples from Edman's other works in the discography section of his website (click the album covers).
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Moony wrote:AMBR@BEC: Check the Jayce Landberg and Vindictiv MySpaces instead. :) There's also a lot of samples from Edman's other works in the discography section of his website (click the album covers).
Thanks, Moony. I was, indeed a bit lazy with my search. :wink: I have heard the samples of the older stuff, but wanted to here what's new. Landberg's stuff is rather 80's style, classic rock. Well-rendered, though and easy to listen to, when you want that style. Particularly like the vocals in the title track.

Really liking Vindictiv's stuff. Great layered metal sound. Love the guitar riffs. Edman's vocals are a good fit. I'm definitely gonna pick up this CD.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:55 pm

This morning I talked to my son on the phone&I asked him to play "The Last Viking" album for me. This is a wonderful album, folks&I recommend it for your collectin. Not because it is a Jens creation, but because the music is spectacular&the singing from this man is really good!

Oh, searching for Jens albums you might want to google for them&Google will give you the direct link to where the CDs are on CDBaby website. The search engine on the CDBaby website sucks! :yuk:

btw, Sonic Winter is a good album, and my son has that one, too. A double-CD for $16.00! Very reasonable, IMO!
CDBaby will let you listen to a clip of some of the songs, also! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

88speedkeys

Post by 88speedkeys » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:18 pm

If you're in for some more freaky stuff, I recommend 'Art metal' from Jonas Hellborg. It's got enough of Jens virtuoso fingers for Strato-fans to go check it out :)
I am who I am...

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:25 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :x Who is playing keyboards on RR. :roll: :roll: :cry: :shock: :x