new Tolkki's project

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
StratoFabio
new Tolkki's project

Post by StratoFabio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:13 pm

just read an Italian webzine about the new TT's project....
I read it is called REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE and they say it had to be the new Stratovarius album, instead it will be a project with guest musicians as Kiske, Sammet and so on... they say the source is TT interview on a Finnish magazine (Soundi).
here the news, in Italian:
http://www.metalitalia.com/articles/215 ... olkki.html

I really hope it's just bullshit cause I'm waitng for the new Strato album with Kotipelto on the voice and the classic line-up!
StratoFabio

Plisken

Re: new Tolkki's project

Post by Plisken » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:30 pm

go check out the last 3 pages of the THE NEW STRATOVARIUS ALBUM'S NAME, its been talked about there lol.

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Plisken wrote:go check out the last 3 pages of the THE NEW STRATOVARIUS ALBUM'S NAME, its been talked about there lol.
I guess is better a new topic for this one
StratoFabio

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:36 pm

I found this one in English too:

In the latest issue of Finland's Soundi magazine, STRATOVARIUS mainman Timo Tolkki reveals that he has formed a new band called REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE, which is believed to have been the working title of the now apparently aborted new STRATOVARIUS album. The group's debut CD — which will feature guest appearances by Michael Kiske (vocals; HELLOWEEN), Pasi Rantanen (vocals; THUNDERSTONE), Mirka Rantanen (drums; THUNDERSTONE), Pasi Heikkilä (bass; 45 DEGREE WOMAN) and Tobias Sammet (vocals; EDGUY) — is tentatively due this summer via Frontiers Records.

Says Tolkki: "The [REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE album] contains more or less 'Visions'-style [STRATOVARIUS' acclaimed 1997 release] power metal. It will come out pretty soon, maybe already in June. Michael Kiske, Pasi Rantanen, Mirka Rantanen, Pasi Heikkilä and Tobias Sammet have recorded their parts. But if there are any live performances, the lineup won't be the same. I have been thinking of asking Jens [Johansson, STRATOVARIUS keyboardist] and Lauri [Porra, STRATOVARIUS bassist] to join me for this."

Regarding the band's name, Timo said, "On the album, there's one song with this title, and Frontiers suggested it to be the band's name too. I thought it was good idea."

When asked if he will perform any STRATOVARIUS songs with REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE, Tolkki replied, "Well, what do you think? Of course. I can play my songs with whomever I want."

STRATOVARIUS debuted a brand new song, entitled "Last Night on Earth", during their appearance at the Wacken Open Air festival on August 4, 2007. Professionally filmed video footage of the track — which may or may not be one of the songs featured on the REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE debut — can be viewed below.
StratoFabio

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 pm

yah I have read that. Tolkki said I quote

"I am sorry, but it is not possible to say more in this moment.
You will understand everything later."

So lets just sit back and hope everything turns out all right. We cant really do anything other than that.

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:53 pm

it seems we are all "happy" about this news....
StratoFabio

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:10 am

Its not about being happy or mad about it, its a rumor. You should NEVER take rumors seriously. Ok it was said in a Finish Magazine but if timo says he cant talk about it then its as good as a rumor.

Me Personally I dont mind Timo doing side projects, first of all its his choice, he is the musician he can do what ever he feel like doing. second I love all the side projects he has done up to now so I would love to hear another one and will continue to support him. BUT I just hope they dont get in the way for the next stratovrius album. Stratovarius is where it all started, they have a huge influence in everyone, musicians like me especially. Hell I probably wouldn't be a musician if it wasn't for stratovarius. Hell If it wasn't for stratovarius there would be no Children of Bodom, no Nightwish, no Sonata Arctica, etc(well at least they wouldn't sound anything like they do today).

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:22 am

StratoFabio wrote:it seems we are all "happy" about those news....
What else could we do ? We just have to wait.
Spamming is serious business!

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:45 am

Dave wrote:
What else could we do ? We just have to wait.
maybe someone could be really happy...who knows. I don't like wait for nothing!
StratoFabio

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:54 am

Not everyone. :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:05 am

dirge wrote:
Lots are not, and I'm one of them. :? But, there is nothing anyone can do. We can either buy the album, or not. Its our choice individially.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:26 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
dirge wrote:
Lots are not, and I'm one of them. :? But, there is nothing anyone can do. We can either buy the album, or not. Its our choice individially.

I'm another one

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:52 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
dirge wrote:
Yup, not a fan of the idea, but the end product we shall have to wait and see before we pass any judgement.

black death

Post by black death » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:48 am

I'll decide if to buy it or not when it's released.
But I'm really sick of Kiske. For how long is he saying that he wants to have nothing in common with heavy metal? Still saying that and then he appears on Avantasia, on another Avantasia, on this Tolkki's album which I suppose to be heavy metal when Tolkki compared it to Visions (http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... enaissance), and who knows where else.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:38 am

I suppose it's good to see strato members doing another projects, etc, etc. That sounds great and I think it's good for them, but...hey, 99% of the people around the world knows Tolkki, Kotipelto, Jörg, Johansson, Jari and now Porra because they formed a band called: STRATOVARIUS.

Almost 80% of today "power metal" or "melodic metal" we have it's thanks to this idea, this concept.

If Tolkki wants to have another individual projects, hey, I understand. As I understand all other members individuals projects.

But what about Stratovarius? Everybody is wating, waiting...waiting..........and there was a codename: R...R..., there was a song at wacken 07: Last night on Earth. There is a video showing things about the new album. There were news about it, etc, etc, etc.

And now we have a new band called Revolution Renaissance with Tolkki and another members.

Tolkki said yesterday, he can't tell us more at the moment.

I don't know if you think the same, but all this shit SUCKS a lot.
Why? Because WE STILL DON'T KNOW IF STRATO CONTINUES OR NOT. That's the only problem, not Tolkki's other projects, he can do whatever he wants to do, but he can't forget Stratovarius. It's like if you'd wish to forget how to breath.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

I really REALLY doubt that this mean the end of stratovarius. If anything it was a new beginning with there Self-tilted album. They had a new label, the album was self-titled and had only a gold stratovarius lilly on it all say hey this is a new beginning for stratovarius.

Relax, in time Timo will tell us what he can. Go listen to some stratovarius, listen to Learning to Fly that song always puts me at easy.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am

Plisken wrote:I really REALLY doubt that this mean the end of stratovarius. If anything it was a new beginning with there Self-tilted album. They had a new label, the album was self-titled and had only a gold stratovarius lilly on it all say hey this is a new beginning for stratovarius.

Relax, in time Timo will tell us what he can. Go listen to some stratovarius, listen to Learning to Fly that song always puts me at easy.
When I'm listening Strato these days, I get very sad because I wonder if I'm listening to a dead band :? :? :? :? :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:49 am

RazielSR wrote:
Plisken wrote:I really REALLY doubt that this mean the end of stratovarius. If anything it was a new beginning with there Self-tilted album. They had a new label, the album was self-titled and had only a gold stratovarius lilly on it all say hey this is a new beginning for stratovarius.

When I'm listening Strato these days, I get very sad because I wonder if I'm listening to a dead band :? :? :? :? :?

ah well hopefully they are fine. We know that all band members get a long really well. They love making music together. And a contract isnt going to end the bands carrier. So really there is nothing that points to a "dead" stratovarius.

Learning to fly!
Touching sky on my way
Learning to fly!
High above the sorrows
To a new day I fly!

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm

This is so uncomftable. No one knows nothing. Whole thing is like "to be, or not to be". just guessing... The fans are"the thing" which keeps the bands alive. without the fans, bands are nothing. So, it is our right to know about the situation. Tolkki's must speak. Give us a sign or only just a hint,but for god sake.... SOMETHING!!!!
I'm hunting high and low

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Summpi sika wrote:This is so uncomftable. No one knows nothing. Whole thing is like "to be, or not to be". just guessing... The fans are"the thing" which keeps the bands alive. without the fans, bands are nothing. So, it is our right to know about the situation. Tolkki's must speak. Give us a sign or only just a hint,but for god sake.... SOMETHING!!!!
I quite agree even if a musician must free to do his own music.... anyway we are here for Stratovarius music!
StratoFabio

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:06 pm

RazielSR wrote:

Most likely they are not "dead", just in "Intermission". :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm sorry for what i'm gonna tell here, but for god's sake, stop talking about "wait and see what happens", "be patient", "shut up and lets see...".
We have a big problem here, we all know about it. And thats the only thing we are doing, so cut that. Everybody has 3 or 4 fouvurite bands, i'm the kind of people who listen to a lot of music, tons and tons of bands and cds. And this kind of situation, is the first and only one that i have seen. A band not talking about a Sh/t, with the fans VERY DISSAPOINTED. It's really weird, for me it's a crazyness. Maybe i will understand Timo Tolkki and the band situation. But it's a mistake DOING THIS TO THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THEIR NAME.

sad moment, sorry
:(

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 pm

WE have a big problem? :shock: Well, I don't know about it. I agree with you pessimistics, that at the moment there's not a singe hint which can make us believe that there will be a new album in the future. I was suprised about this "new band" as well.... But hell, this is life. Stratovarius members are musicians, and they are free to do what they want.

Only thing which is sad is that we, the fans, are not told about which is really going on. Besides that, why are you worrying that much? This band is/was existinig more than 20 years, the day will come - tomorrow, or maybe just in another 20 years - when Stratovarius will quit the stage. I don't hope it will be soon, but we cannot change this. We cannot do more than hope that the band comes back again.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Well but if they quit they atleast should do a last gig like Sentenced did and then DVD'ze it :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 pm

You scare me. Are you really thinking this means the end??

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:52 pm

RazielSR wrote:You scare me. Are you really thinking this means the end??
nope.

(btw, who's "new Tolkki"?) :lol:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:57 pm

Summpi sika wrote:This is so uncomftable. No one knows nothing. Whole thing is like "to be, or not to be". just guessing... The fans are"the thing" which keeps the bands alive. without the fans, bands are nothing. So, it is our right to know about the situation. Tolkki's must speak. Give us a sign or only just a hint,but for god sake.... SOMETHING!!!!
Well Tolkki said "You will understand everything later." so why cant you guys just wait >.> By him saying that mean that he knows everyone is worried, he knows there are a lot of rumors going around. Your probably asking yourselves(well some of you) alright if he knows then whats stopping him from telling us? Now I dont know what stopping him I only have theories but im assuming that if Timo told in public(I know its to fans but this Forum is open to the world, the media will eat it up.) the reason now it could be misunderstood at this point in time or it could be something that he himself doesn't know much about and whats to get some info on it before talking to us about it.

In the end it wont matter cause Timo will explain it all.

black death

Post by black death » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Plisken wrote:Well Tolkki said "You will understand everything later." so why cant you guys just wait >.>

In the end it wont matter cause Timo will explain it all.
I'm really curious about that explanation.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:25 pm

RazielSR wrote:he can do whatever he wants to do, but he can't forget Stratovarius. It's like if you'd wish to forget how to breath.
Surely he can decide whether to quit Stratovarius´ existence or not.

At this moment we fans can just wait, wait and wait. Like TT said Soundi, he will tell us his decision later and shed some more light on the RR band.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:08 am

stratohawk wrote:WE have a big problem? :shock: Well, I don't know about it. I agree with you pessimistics, that at the moment there's not a singe hint which can make us believe that there will be a new album in the future. I was suprised about this "new band" as well.... But hell, this is life. Stratovarius members are musicians, and they are free to do what they want.

Only thing which is sad is that we, the fans, are not told about which is really going on. Besides that, why are you worrying that much? This band is/was existinig more than 20 years, the day will come - tomorrow, or maybe just in another 20 years - when Stratovarius will quit the stage. I don't hope it will be soon, but we cannot change this. We cannot do more than hope that the band comes back again.

"We" (the fans, the band, the situation)have a big problem.
Well...let me see, maybe it's not the end of the band, but, the matter that no one knows about anything at all, 0 comunication, restrictions to talk, new band with the "new strato album", a broken label. It's not normal. Maybe is not that big (for me it is), but is a problem. Is not about the future...It is the limbo in which the fans are right now.