It's now official, isn't it.. Stratovarius is no more.

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Strato4ever
It's now official, isn't it.. Stratovarius is no more.

Post by Strato4ever » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:10 am

http://www.timotolkki.com/Split.html

So, maybe now we all can stop speculating of what's to come and what's going on. ~10 years ago it all happened; I heard Stratos for the very first time (song was S.O.S) and I started to like metal.
That moment when I first heard Stratos probably changed everything in my life. I sincerely thank Stratovarius for all the great music and feelings you guys have given me, and especially the four gigs I saw; never been happier in my life.

Now, one era is over and I'm really looking forward to TT's new "Revolution Renaissance" band and hoping that Timo has written some amazing songs.
Each funeral just makes
us realize, that life's
but a series of goodbyes.

NeonVomit

Re: It's now official, isn't it.. Stratovarius is no more.

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:58 pm

If it has ended, it has ended.

TT cannot go on beating a dead horse, if the heart is not in it, then it cannot happen.

Stratovarius forever, you will live in our hearts.

What we can do now is follow the oncoming solo projects, and bands of the members.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you guys.

I will miss you.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Yes, now it's official.

Now I understand so many things. Many people is/was always arguing against Tolkki, but now I think it's clear. The truth (at least for me) is that Kotipelto wanted too much prominence. That's all. He wanted to write songs for Stratovarius and Tolkki said no. I understand Tolkki, and I think all the metal people must understand Tolkki, because Kotipelto hasn't got enough talent to write music. It's my opinion when I listen to Kotipelto's band.

And I have read soooooo many interviews about the breakdown era, and we had always Kotipelto and Jörg saying stupid things and insults to Elements and Tolkki. Meanwhile Tolkki was recovering in the hospital, and there are interviews saying that Kotipelto didn't visit Tolkki at the hospital. For me that says it all.

Maybe Kotipelto and Jörg didn't understand that the concept, the music, the soul and the style of Stratovarius was Tolkki.

You can replace a singer, you can replace a drummer, a bassist and keyboardist, but you can't replace the main creator, who makes everything and can take out the best of each one in the band.

I think Tolkki explains it all in the official announce. I don't know Tolkki ( I wish to know him), but I can tell that he is a very very very good person, maybe too much. He has the talent in his head, and whatever they do, is gonna kick ass.

He has done the most wonderful, amazing and beautiful (I think beautiful is the correct word) songs that I have never heard. Even my girlfriend, who was always saying that metal and all that kind of electric guitars sux a lot, now its just a crazy fan of Stratovarius today, and maybe she is crying right now.

Just see the beginning of Stratovarius, when the old Stratovarius was over, see Tolkki up there singing Out of the shadows and creating what the pople has seen all this 20 years. Think about it.

Tolkki you'll always have my respect and I will always follow your projects.

The rest of the band, just to tell that they have been all very good talented musicians and Kotipelto is for me, the best voice in metal, but not now. Now it's a bonjovist/numetal strange fusion. If they are alone, it's not the same, sorry but it's my opinion.

Just to tell you, please... DON'T LET GOOD METAL DIE. I'm waiting that new RR band and I'm waiting to see you smiling and enjoying that songs in a gig. Don't forget Jens, he is the best and he has been always with you.

And Tolkki, what about a new website for the new band? Hey, you need to move quickly now! We want to see new things! And new album on 6.6.08!!

And hey, are you looking for new members? But do you think it's serious to look for new members like this? Don't you think it's better to contact with talented people as you know? I mean, you have Jens and Lauri at least. You can't lose Jens!

Please Tolkki say something.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:22 pm

When was this statement posted?

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm crying right now :,( but i understand Tolkki's statement very well and even this sounds crazy he is so right about the situation.

THANKS STRATOVARIUS FOR ALL THESE YEARS!!

YOU GAVE ME METAL

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:56 pm

C'est la vie...
Everything's clear now. We can just wish the best for everyone.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:26 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: This is REALLY something to wake up to! :x

Lets do not take sides&for god's sake, do not play the blame game! We have heard only ONE side of this matter. If you were told by a certain Strato band member the world was flat would you swallow THAT hook, line&sinker, too?

The analogy about divorce is true, though. :(

Look at it this way: the Great Beatles were not together as long as Stratovarius&when they broke up each member went on to become a great musician in their own right. This can happen to Stratovarius, too.

I hate to see this happen, but we all knew in our hearts something just was not right for a couple years.
But, whats going to happen to this Forum? ??? There are some wonderful people posting here, it won't just disappear, will it? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Krista

Post by Krista » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 pm

I think the statement is very one-sided ... Tolkki is "an angel" who was suffering from everything.
It's unfair toward other members ...

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 pm

(...) Thank you Timo all these years, all these songs!!! I hope that will be a last tour...!

I've just finished 3 songs of mine. (I hope I'll compose another 666...). These are all Strato inspired metal music with classical elements. I'd like to continue this style, and I hope that my band will be successful in Hungary with these kind of metal music!

My favourite band... and remains, too... THANK YOU!!!

THE BEST MELODIC POWER METAL BAND OF ALL TIME!!!

Stratovarius... ...Forever!!!
" Now I´m leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I have started my journey.
I'm drifting away with the wind I fly. "

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Krista wrote:I think the statement is very one-sided ... Tolkki is "an angel" who was suffering from everything.
Well we just have to wait for statements from each of the other members. It's up to them to tell us what their side of it is.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Krista wrote:I think the statement is very one-sided ... Tolkki is "an angel" who was suffering from everything.
It's just his opinion. I'm curious to hear/see also the other Stratoguys' opinions.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:37 pm

I had been fearing this since Elements II. It became a reality. My favorite band. No more. I am sad.

Nothing else to say.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

The Enigma

Post by The Enigma » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Strato is dead - Long live Strato! :headbang:

Since the first time of me hearing Stratovarius music aions ago, they have always been the uplifting force in metal music to me, the special band bringing positive vibes to people all around the globe. They still are. Now when the band are no more, the music they made will still hold the candle for my years to come.

Thank you guys, stay metal!

The 1st rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Is there any possibility to fix this? Hey TT, TK, Jens, Jörg, why don't you leave your personal shit apart?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:23 pm

C´est la vie indeed. But hey, there are other things in life than just a metal band.

Somehow I´m not really surprised by this. I mean, I have never really believed in this reunion thing, I have always throught it was just for the money.

To me, Stratovarius ceased when Intermission got released. I mean, the band used to release amazing albums, and the albums that came later were quite mediocre in my opinion, at least considering the potential of the band.

Thank you guys for the great music and for all the memories.
We can say I owe A LOT to this band.

Thankfully we still have all those albums, thank to them, the band will remain ever after!
<b>This is wrong</b>

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Thank you for letting us know the score Timo!
I now feel excited about the various things to come from all the guys that were in Stratovarius!

On a side note, Olympos Mons have said this week they now have a permanent keyboardist! Jens maybe? FINGERS F'ing crossed! :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

OK. Its on Blabbermouth.net now.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - TIMO TOLKKI: 'STRATOVARIUS Is No More'
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=94051

Who is that IDIOT Waves777?
I guess someone hit a nerve! ;)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Hey people, this happened once and maybe it is not definitive. Maybe we just need to wait. Why they don't talk? Leave the differences behind!

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 pm

RazielSR wrote:Is there any possibility to fix this?
No. TK and Jörg are done with it. You can't force yourself to be interested if you're not.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

These are sad news :(
Thank you Stratovarius for the wonderful music and wonderful moments in your gigs.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Jabi wrote:
No. TK and Jörg are done with it. You can't force yourself to be interested if you're not.
But who knows? We need to listen TK and Jörg versions, maybe is not definitive and they need to realize that Stratovarius is the best thing for them.

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:24 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Jabi wrote:
But who knows? We need to listen TK and Jörg versions, maybe is not definitive and they need to realize that Stratovarius is the best thing for them.
It's the best thing for you and me. It's ofical now. Can't lift the sun even wanted to. It's sad but it was right thing to do. Yeah. Still got those great albums, and they stil rock. From now to eternity. Love this band...

Remember when got ticket to my first Strato concert(and last). I was sooo happy. When I got there I sang every song with the band and the fans and what an atmoshpere. It was soo incredible. And in the en d of concert I got Jörg's drumstick. It's still like treasure to me. And after all. It was only my birthday :cry:
I'm hunting high and low

Paola

Post by Paola » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:41 pm

My god, i can't believe now!, i don't know if i have to cry or not, i'm so confused. :cry:

Stratovarius is dead!... Life to Stratovarius!!
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:42 pm

And I don't understand many things about RR.

Kiske is the voice for 5 songs? isn't it? And the rest?

Who made the keyboards?

If kiske is not going to be the voice for the live performances, etc, etc...who?

Tolkki is looking for new members. You can send a mail to him with your demos, etc, etc. Do you think this is the correct way to make a new band?

I'm very confused about all that things.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Not so much a shock as a great disappointment.

These guys started me on Metal so they have ALWAYS been special to me.

I wonder what will become of this place...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Worst day of my life

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:28 pm

This is kind of shocking, though I managed, mostly because of RR, Kiske, and the somethinlikeafact that I think I have lost my emotions...

But whatever, now I lost some respect towards TK and especially JM for not wanting to make the final show :x That thing would have been super cool!

(I was listening only to strato songs while reading and writing this.)

But yeah, TT, Just carry on, fullfill your dreams.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:35 pm

So many things prove now that we, all the Stratovarius fans mean nothing to them. Why can´t they sit and talk like men face to face to solve all the problems? I´m sorry but I am not getting used to the idea...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:41 pm

RazielSR wrote:So many things prove now that we, all the Stratovarius fans mean nothing to them. Why can´t they sit and talk like men face to face to solve all the problems? I´m sorry but I am not getting used to the idea...
you apparently have never been in a band, its hard man. And Stratovarius was Huge! so I probably dont even know how hard it is for Timo.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Plisken wrote:
RazielSR wrote:So many things prove now that we, all the Stratovarius fans mean nothing to them. Why can´t they sit and talk like men face to face to solve all the problems? I´m sorry but I am not getting used to the idea...
you apparently have never been in a band, its hard man. And Stratovarius was Huge! so I probably dont even know how hard it is for Timo.
I know it has to be hard but they have spent so many years together. I don´t think they hate each other so much for not to sit a couple of hours and talk.I also think that everybody forgot to be humble, you cannot forget where you come from.