RIP - My favourite band

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Hellovarius the Simp
RIP - My favourite band

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:39 am

Long live Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto, Jens Johansson, Jörg Michael, Lauri Porra/Jari Kainulainen
RIP Stratovarius, and thanks for your music, what made me a metal fan.
Stratovarius was my favourite band,Stratovarius is my, and it will be my favourite band.

all the best guys
Nothing to say.

Beast_Pete

Re: RIP - My favourite band

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 pm

I still remember when I went to the backstage of the Austrian gig in 2005. I had really good talk with the guys, but I could sense that there's something wrong in the band. That's why I didn't share this experience with the forum back then. I already felt that the relationship of the band members is still not perfect.

Stravarius means a lot to me and even if I'm not listening to metal that often anymore as before, Strato did show me new ways in my life and I'm happy I witnessed all those great shows! It is feeling a bit creepy and bizarre that I was there in the last ever StratoShow last year and in the first row. :?

And yes, if things are not working as intended, then it's better to move on. I myself didn't like the last album that much, not even Elements Part II, but I really loved the Part I, even if the singing was a bit high. I also found Koti's music not as moving as what I generally got used to when listening to Stratovarius, but it doesn't mean he shouldn't have had his share in the songwriting. He does have great songs too, not just on Episode, but even on his solo albums! :)

Was a fun 6 years. I'll still be looking back to this forum in the future. I hope that this RR band will be nice and I have trust in Tolkki's composing knowledge and feelings, so I'm looking forward to the first record.

Thank you Stratovarius and StratoFan Colleagues! :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:31 pm

I still remember the moment when I heard SOS for the first time. I still remember when Strato broke thru to me: I stood in a store and remember the word "stratovarius", read somewhere... I listened to the Visions over Europe-album and it just kicked my head away! And there was stuff I never even dreamt about: the speed of Speed of Light, Jörg's doublebass attack on the Holy Solos, the heartbreaking ballad Forever, Visions, 10minutes of goose-pimples.... I lived in another universe, my world became save, I was high everytime when I heard these awesome songs...

I remember when Stratovarius played at Rock Hard Festival in their big squarrel, was meant to be one of the last gig. I stood there and waited for the signature hour with the band and I talked to TT, he was depressive but I could give him a smile and he gave me a smile and a huge back - it was the best moment I've ever had and when I write it now, I feel my tears coming....

I remember so many things about Stratovarius, so many awesome moments, gigs, solis and riffs I heard, live and at home... I would say I can hear one second of a song and let you know which one it is....

From the very first moment I heard Stratovarius, they became my personal kings of metal! Neither Sonata, Nightwish, nor Wintersun or any other awesome band could enthrone them! They are still my kings and they will be there forever...FOREVER

I told TT at the Rockhard Festival that anything he does is the right thing for Strato and I still keep these words...

All I can say now is that I wanna thank you, Stratovarius, for being here, for giving me such great music, golden moments, happiness and being a band, which changed my life like no-other ever did and does...

I hope this forum won't die because I met here so many nice, kind and funny guys and I wanna keep in touch with ya!

Thank you Stratovarius for all you've done... it is not easy for me, seeing the end of my favourite bands of all times! but I am going to keep you in my heart... FOREVER - I will miss you....

your never-ending supporter, nepi
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

empi

Post by empi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:59 pm

There's nothing more to say.
A Farewell Tour would have been nice but... music without heart its senseless.
So i have to say thank you for the wonderful music and moments you have brought to us.
Goodbye STRATOVARIUS

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:02 pm

My heart broke, my soul is crying... thank you so much, Stratovarius. You made my life beautiful.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:36 pm

I feel really sad. :( But, we still have our CDs, Infinite Visions, etc. and each solo project will be noticed from now on. We can still keep track of the individual members projects.

Its an "Apocalypto". (Greek for "new beginning") Its an end of an era, but a new beginning for 5 new ones: TT, TK, Jorg, Jens&Lauri will all have their individual glory in the music world!

Good luck, guys! You brought a bright spot into my life when the spark had just about gone out! Your music helped me carry on&gave me hope.
I will always carry the meanings of those wonderful lyrics with me!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

R.I.P. Stratovarius, the band that got me interested in metal and guitar-playing.
Seems like this was the only way to go...

In other news:
Long Live Revolution Renaissance!
Long Live Michael Kiske!
8)

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Last year when Stratovarius were playing in the Czech Republic, after the gig I told somebody that something wasn't OK. I didn't know what exactly, but I had a strange feeling because of this. Well, I imagined many things, but it really didn't come into my mind that they will break up SO soon... :?

I'm looking forward to hear their new albums, their new bands and to see them live some day again...

Somebody said something like "a thing is not only sum of its components". I don't remember the phrase exactly and I have no idea who said this and in what context, but the point is that all Stratoguys together are much more than all of them separately. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. We can do nothing about it, just to put a CD to the player and go...
my favorite Stratovarius album wrote:Once again I tried to make things work,
facing all the power of society
Searching all the answers of the life
I'll never make it on my own
Was I meant to fail every time?
Seems to me that's my destiny
Is it all that's left for me
Confusion and bad memories?

ForceMajeure1

Post by ForceMajeure1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Well, they had an outstanding run and will go in history as easily the best melodic metal band of the 1990s at least :)

I'm looking forward to the RR album!
Check out my melodic metal band's MP3s at

http://www.forcesite.net

Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:51 pm

"It's time to say goodbye, I know it will make you cry. You make your destiny. I know you'll find the way.

And outside the Sun is bright. The things will be allright. I will be back one day to you. So please wait for ME"

We are all waiting for jou Timo! We love your music! We loved Stratovarius and I think we will love RR :)
Please keep Jens in the band!
Nothing to say.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:07 pm

At first I thought its april fool maybe?!? but then saw that it was posted april 2nd =(

oh man =( I definitely understand now what was going on but man im going to miss stratovarius =(

I never got a chance to see them live...that makes me wanna cry right there =/ Never got to really see/met my idols Timo and Jens...

*Deni*

Post by *Deni* » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 pm

I had a strange feeling, when I read the last news, and I thought about it... but never meant to see this so soon...
:(

I thought it was April Fool at first, too. But I had to face the truth very soon. I'm really sad about that. :( :( :( But Stratovarius will live forever in my heart.

*cries*

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 pm

damn this is so dad Stratovarius will always be my fav band , but if this is the best for the guys then there's nothin' to regret, all the best wishes to the guys , n' of course we will miss the band!!! :( :(
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:04 pm

black death wrote:Last year when Stratovarius were playing in the Czech Republic, after the gig I told somebody that something wasn't OK. I didn't know what exactly, but I had a strange feeling because of this. Well, I imagined many things, but it really didn't come into my mind that they will break up SO soon... :?

I'm looking forward to hear their new albums, their new bands and to see them live some day again...

Somebody said something like "a thing is not only sum of its components". I don't remember the phrase exactly and I have no idea who said this and in what context, but the point is that all Stratoguys together are much more than all of them separately. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. We can do nothing about it, just to put a CD to the player and go...
my favorite Stratovarius album wrote:Once again I tried to make things work,
facing all the power of society
Searching all the answers of the life
I'll never make it on my own
Was I meant to fail every time?
Seems to me that's my destiny
Is it all that's left for me
Confusion and bad memories?
The gig seemed great to me and I don't know why, but I took it as a new-grand start of the band. On the Masters Of Rock DVD the guys look great and it's a powerful show. Still I don't understand it at all.

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm

WHAT THE FUCK? Have i missed something?
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Mystical wrote:The gig seemed great to me.
Yes, you're right, it was totally great & asskicking :D
If it was the last Stratogig I'll ever see, that was the best "bye" I can imagine.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:21 pm

black death wrote:Yes, you're right, it was totally great & asskicking :D
If it was the last Stratogig I'll ever see, that was the best "bye" I can imagine.
It could have been yeah. Heard once from very reliable source even the band liked Masters of Rock gig a lot. Which can imagine, also their appearance on Tuska last summer was quite a blast! 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
black death wrote:Yes, you're right, it was totally great & asskicking :D
It could have been yeah. Heard once from very reliable source even the band liked Masters of Rock gig a lot. Which can imagine, also their appearance on Tuska last summer was quite a blast! 8)
I have seen great gigs in the past years, the last one I saw was in a festival and everything seemed alright on stage, even when they had so many technical problems.
But it's from the little details one could notice things weren't 100% fine... especially if the members of a band go mind their own business instead of hanging around together after a show.
Getting together just on stage for playing don't sound to me like a perfect relation you know...
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:41 pm

This is sad news. I was surprised very much now.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 am

Stratovarius forever. There will never be a band like this, and you will agree. There will never be composed songs as powerful as Father time, Hunting High And Low... Gotta stop. There are tears coming out.