THE FINAL STATEMENT BY TIMO TOLKKI

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
THE FINAL STATEMENT BY TIMO TOLKKI

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 am

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

valo_666

Re: THE FINAL STATEMENT BY TIMO TOLKKI

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 am

More statements :lol:

Ok Tolkki seems to be sincere... I hope the Revolution Renaissance band has success and Stratovarius stops and carries on with a new successful new-named band. STRATOVARIUS name does not deserve all this...

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 am

:roll:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed May 21, 2008 1:38 am

Noone can say he made a bad move with his next statement. Now it's complicated...
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed May 21, 2008 2:07 am

Weird feeling, isn't it?

Personally, I have no problem with some other realases from "Stratovarius" such as DVDs( :) :) ), Compilations, etc. Even a new album. But like Tolkki says, we know where the spirit is. So let the music speak for itself.
Even a new studio album from "Stratovarius" can be a good one, so...no matter what, we will see what happens
anyway

StratoArwen

Post by StratoArwen » Wed May 21, 2008 3:04 am

Verdades Parias wrote:Weird feeling, isn't it?

Personally, I have no problem with some other realases from "Stratovarius" such as DVDs( :) :) ), Compilations, etc. Even a new album. But like Tolkki says, we know where the spirit is. So let the music speak for itself.
Even a new studio album from "Stratovarius" can be a good one, so...no matter what, we will see what happens
anyway
Old Stratovarius is dead, long live New Stratovarius. I hope they find a great guitar player and keep going on. It's a great band.

Its nice he apologized the nasty things he wrote here in the forum.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 21, 2008 3:21 am

Thank you, TT, for letting the guys use the name, Stratovarius.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed May 21, 2008 5:46 am

StratoArwen wrote:
Verdades Parias wrote:Weird feeling, isn't it?
Old Stratovarius is dead, long live New Stratovarius. I hope they find a great guitar player and keep going on. It's a great band.

Its nice he apologized the nasty things he wrote here in the forum.
Exactly,
Why could not they do an excellent power metal album without Tolkki?. It will be very different, but that doesn't mean they can not make a brilliant album.
That's something I always doubt about Stratovarius. Why They can not change styles? Why have the inability to be original? Even if all albums were very good (even Elements), when "tried to" do something different, it was a disaster.
TODAY that possibility exists (without Tolkki), and can also those who want to continue listening "That recycling old anthem" (including me) can do with REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE.
Just look at Helloween, 20 years after Keepers of the seven keys, can do wonderful things and extremely different and original (and with great messages too). And without Michel kiske, nor Kai Hansen. So, Long live Revolution Renaissance and "Stratovarius"

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed May 21, 2008 6:30 am

It sounds like to me a story about how somebody got incredibly mentally ill after he realized that the direction of the band could be taken no further after the elements albums. I could understand there was probably a lot of stress in creating a new album; money, lack of ideas and new corporate pressures probably contributed in reaching that breaking point. In the end, the current band members were probably sick of Tolkki's song writing. Granted it was Tolkki's band and general message, another album by Tolkki would most likely be like beating a dead horse. That's why Tolkki regressed into that horrible S/T album and argued it's validity by saying he wanted to "return to his roots" if I remember straight. After trying to deal with the fact that the other members of Strato didn't like Tolkki's musical direction, Tolkki left to create an album that was meant for the original Stratovarius, abandoned them and hired other people to play their parts.

I have so many more thoughts about this, but in the end, I will still support Tolkki's new project and check out his album...I just hope that the new Strato will prove Tolkki wrong by reinforcing the message of togetherness, compromise, and creating songs as great as Tolkki has in the past without him. I don't doubt the other Strato member's potentials like Tolkki does that's for sure!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 am

Well I guess that's that.

Perhaps the best way to move on from this.

Both sides accuse each other of greed, and it's most probable that both sides are, to a degree, guilty of it? Tough call.

Anyway. As TT said, let's just hope for good music to come out of this since that's what really matters.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 am

The statement is clear and perfect imo, and all we just can say...Why?

It's terrible to see the way good and beautiful things became horrible.

We must follow all the guys, Tolkki in his new project and the others. I think the "remaining members" must say something about what are they doing, no more replys and stupid things. Just talk about music. It's enough, please,
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 am

leave the tribe tomorrow
liberty is our destiny
united we hold the key to paradise
out of the shadows just carry on
hunting high and low for freedom
run away and find your own voice
forever free i walk to my own song
learning to fly hold on to your dream
years go by goodbye
its in the hands of father time
coming home on a magic carpet ride

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 am

icecab21 wrote:leave the tribe tomorrow
liberty is our destiny
united we hold the key to paradise
out of the shadows just carry on
hunting high and low for freedom
run away and find your own voice
forever free i walk to my own song
learning to fly hold on to your dream
years go by goodbye
its in the hands of father time
coming home on a magic carpet ride
That was great.

metalion

Post by metalion » Wed May 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Tolkki,s last response shows a very thoughtful and generous person! in case you missed it he has given the rights to all of the stratovarius back catalogue and all future releases to Timo,Jorg and Jens and has also passed on all royalties made from past albums and future releases.
That is unbelievable !! It is also a very expensive gift if you consider how much money from royalties there will be
imagine if you will something terrible happened to Tolkki and he was unable to play or create new music
he would have no money from his past creations i do not think any response from the remaining members is nessasary except
thank you!
Metal isn't dead it just moved to Europe !!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

I think he was tired of this situation and wanted to end it in the way that would result in as little mess as possible.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm

metalion wrote:Tolkki,s last response shows a very thoughtful and generous person! in case you missed it he has given the rights to all of the stratovarius back catalogue and all future releases to Timo,Jorg and Jens and has also passed on all royalties made from past albums and future releases.
That is unbelievable !! It is also a very expensive gift if you consider how much money from royalties there will be
imagine if you will something terrible happened to Tolkki and he was unable to play or create new music
he would have no money from his past creations i do not think any response from the remaining members is nessasary except
thank you!
yep, thanks is need I think...

anis1234

Post by anis1234 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Awesome midtempo rocker in the backround. Powerful, airy riffs and whoever is on the vocals sounds great.

Probably have to visit that statement site a few times. Fucking great song, and thank Jeff Porcaro there's no doublebass drumming!

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Wed May 21, 2008 5:10 pm

RazielSR wrote:The statement is clear and perfect imo, and all we just can say...Why?
This is very different from what he said when he broke up the band in April, different from what he first answered the other guys. He is adapting the story to fit facts.

It's great that he allows Stratovarius to live, can't wait to hear albums from these two bands now :)

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed May 21, 2008 5:21 pm

I think that was not an act of generosity, but of relief. Nor do I believe that deserves a tremendous thank you, because nobody asked him what he did. Even requests that he not be given anything of the royalties from his catalog. And that has not been asked, then, I think that Tolkki completely released the rope, to continue with his life. And the rest of the group, can do what they apparently want to do, continue as Stratovarius. As many fans also want
From my part, I think that may be more original and better (I hope), what Stratovarius can do without Tolkki, as something fresh, different and powerful, that the classical Tolkkish song, which I love, but I always waited for something different, new and non-repetitive

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed May 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Noone can say he made a bad move with his next statement. Now it's complicated...
Actually I don't think it's complicated now. Tolkki just gave away everything that connected him to Stratovarius and wants to start from scratch and all I want to say is good luck to him and may the RR releases have the same quality as the best of Strato's works ...

As to Stratovarius without Tolkki - given the circumstances of the break-up, continuing releasing new stuff with this name (be it compilations, live DVDs or new albums) is just not kosher ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 21, 2008 6:28 pm

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 pm

HAHAH...and you guys still care about this shit.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed May 21, 2008 10:05 pm

valo_666 wrote: If you really have nothing to say, before saying something like that you better stay away so we don't need to see senseless spamming messages. Thank you :wink:
wow, mr obvious...now quote this for 5300 users, plus put the link of the spam part. :wink:

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Wed May 21, 2008 10:06 pm

erase is not right! :(

rheinbach

Post by rheinbach » Wed May 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Someone like Janne Warmen?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed May 21, 2008 10:37 pm

NeonVomit wrote:I think he was tired of this situation and wanted to end it in the way that would result in as little mess as possible.
He is a man of music, I respect that, he wants his music, and his messages, But one can only get their ass kicked in a solo duel so many times by a keyboardist before he has a mental breakdown.
(I'm kidding)

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 pm

Rebel wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:I think he was tired of this situation and wanted to end it in the way that would result in as little mess as possible.
He is a man of music, I respect that, he wants his music, and his messages, But one can only get their ass kicked in a solo duel so many times by a keyboardist before he has a mental breakdown.
(I'm kidding)
I don't think Malmsteen could stand up to Jens either so anyway...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:HAHAH...and you guys still care about this shit.

as far as I know, this is a forum, if you don't like, not firm repudiation. If you're bored of exchanges of ideas, do not enter. I think it is simple, healthy talks are not horseshit

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 pm

stratoplayer wrote:
Rebel wrote:
(I'm kidding)
I don't think Malmsteen could stand up to Jens either so anyway...
No, no he couldn't. Though he came damn close in Rising Force.

Demir

Post by Demir » Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 am

Verdades Parias wrote:I think that was not an act of generosity, but of relief. Nor do I believe that deserves a tremendous thank you, because nobody asked him what he did. Even requests that he not be given anything of the royalties from his catalog. And that has not been asked, then, I think that Tolkki completely released the rope, to continue with his life. And the rest of the group, can do what they apparently want to do, continue as Stratovarius. As many fans also want
From my part, I think that may be more original and better (I hope), what Stratovarius can do without Tolkki, as something fresh, different and powerful, that the classical Tolkkish song, which I love, but I always waited for something different, new and non-repetitive
He just want to look generous and more like a martyr with this. He has to leave behind the band if they have all that debt. No matter how he puts it, he still got the RR money and the other guys are broke cause of what he did.