EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 4:41 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/90600

Scroll down to middle of page. This is good, right? ???

So, :err: Frontiers dropped RR, instead of RR dropping them? ??? O'RLY? :?

:oops: NOT so good.
ANOTHER Tolkki Lie. :x How many more, TT? And, what is that you said Jorg said? :?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Looks like the dropping whoever did that doesn´t affect yet these planned months ago releases.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat May 31, 2008 5:03 pm

:twisted: Does that mean that mr tolkki have given away the other guys work for free???? Or that the recordcompany steals it without asking??? :x :x :x

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat May 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Stratowarius wrote::twisted: Does that mean that mr tolkki have given away the other guys work for free????Or that the recordcompany steals it without asking??? :x :x :x

This might be interesting.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 31, 2008 5:12 pm

SWEET! THE ONLY THREE SONGS I LIKED!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat May 31, 2008 5:22 pm

:evil: The recordcompany must either be very desperat to get their money back...or the demo is so much better than RR... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat May 31, 2008 5:57 pm

Maybe Frontiers wanted to have Stratovarius :roll: :?:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat May 31, 2008 6:39 pm

nefertari wrote:Maybe Frontiers wanted to have Stratovarius :roll: :?:
Stratovarius weren't even aware that TT had signed with Frontiers until at a very late stage.

None of us in the band have authorized this release, artistically, morally or in any other way.

I feel sorry for TK who sang all the songs on the demo in less than an hour.

I won't go so far as saying TT committed an act of evil here, because the English language has word that fits better; he committed fraud. It's as simple as that.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Oh, Jesus! :(
Well, Soap-on-a-Roap is cheap at Wal-Mart. :buh:
Maybe TT should stock up? ??? :~(

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 31, 2008 6:59 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Stratovarius weren't even aware that TT had signed with Frontiers until at a very late stage.

None of us in the band have authorized this release, artistically, morally or in any other way.

I won't go so far as saying TT committed an act of evil here, because the English language has word that fits better; he committed fraud. It's a simple as that.
What are your thoughts on those three songs being released to the public ears?

EDIT: One HOUR?
I mean, TK is a fucking master of metal, as proved by the pyrotechnic incident during the performance of "S.O.S."
But ONE HOUR?

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat May 31, 2008 7:05 pm

Everyone that has made an demo in less than a hour can understand that he or she dont want to make a record from it. This is a terrible SCANDAL :x :x :x :x

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat May 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Rebel wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

I won't go so far as saying TT committed an act of evil here, because the English language has word that fits better; he committed fraud. It's a simple as that.
Those are my thoughts on the matter..

I guess I could add that from a musical point of view I would REALLY prefer if TT/Frontiers didn't release them. Normally you spend more time on the vocals, so they sound a bit unpolished. The mix is actually heavier though! There are a little more keyboards I think. It's just different. All done in a hurry; it's a demo, not a record.

And that if they do, the proceeds belong to Stratovarius' creditors instead of TT/Frontiers.

But of course if I even mention being responsible to our creditors I get accused of being a money-grubbing whore. I don't care. I'm in favor of honoring debt...
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat May 31, 2008 7:28 pm

JensJohansson wrote: There are a little more keyboards I think.
Oh yes! Speaking of which -- who is Joonas Puolakka who played keyboards on the RR/New Era record?

Does anyone know anything from him before or after this event, in the real, physical world? Or did someone just make up the name ;)
Jens.

-Ronald Reagan

*Deni*

Post by *Deni* » Sat May 31, 2008 7:31 pm

Those demos released under Frontiers? That's absolutely not fair!

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 pm

JensJohansson wrote:Does anyone know anything from him before or after this event, in the real, physical world? Or did someone just make up the name ;)
Interesting point: What did Google say of him? I´ve no time for do it now. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Oh yes! Speaking of which -- who is Joonas Puolakka who played keyboards on the RR/New Era record?

Does anyone know anything from him before or after this event, in the real, physical world? Or did someone just make up the name ;)
You really mean he would've used the keyboards recorded by you?

On the other hand, you can't find anything about "Joonas Puolakka" on Google.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 31, 2008 7:34 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Those are my thoughts on the matter..

I guess I could add that from a musical point of view I would REALLY prefer if TT/Frontiers didn't release them. Normally you spend more time on the vocals, so they sound a bit unpolished. The mix is actually heavier though! There are a little more keyboards I think. It's just different. All done in a hurry; it's a demo, not a record.

And that if they do, the proceeds belong to Stratovarius' creditors instead of TT/Frontiers.

But of course if I even mention being responsible to our creditors I get accused of being a money-grubbing whore. I don't care. I'm in favor of honoring debt...
Are these, comparable to, worse than, or better than, the demo for the song "Eagleheart" on the Eagleheart single?

browneyedgirl

TTs RESPONSE

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 7:53 pm

[/QUOTE]
I guess it means what it says. Except you get to hear some really rushed crappy demos.
Well Strato released crappy demos many times before, together with "special editions".
Sometime ago the "Stratovarius" manager Antje Lange sent a threatening mail to Frontiers and warned not to release the demos as bonus tracks. The guys will of course be compensated about their couple of hours of playing and I guess I get compensated of 40 hours of work by recording and mixing the demos for free. But nah, I dont want that, but I guess the next thing is that the guys want to have money from the sales etc.. No problem for me. Maybe I should give away more rights... Other than that, I think it should be nice for the Stratovarius fans to hear the different versions than RR band. At least before people have liked the raw crappy demos very much:) Also now that the truth has come out that the guys won't continue together as "Stratovarius" (in fact, I doubt they continue together at all), I wish they would also already make some music. I have done 2 albums and am composing third. :)
"Business reasons" means that I offered them the next optional album before the first one was even out because they forgot one of the most basic clauses from our contract that determines how much time has to be in between the albums when you can offer them the next. Since I learned that Frontiers is basically a label that is only doing projects and is not into building up bands and their promotional activities are really something I have never seen. So far I have done 7 interviews for New Era. On the other hand the album is getting high points in almost every review. I then decided to use the "option card", knowing they don't have the money because I want to have a label that this band deserves. And that will most likely be a German label. They know their business.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sat May 31, 2008 7:55 pm

^^That looks to be a quote from RR forum?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 31, 2008 8:01 pm

IceBreaker wrote:^^That looks to be a quote from RR forum?
Damn straight......straight from the horse's mouth. :)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat May 31, 2008 8:09 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Also now that the truth has come out that the guys won't continue together as "Stratovarius" (in fact, I doubt they continue together at all),
This is completely incorrect, and I really have to stress that all options still are on the table. :)

We just don't make statements when there is nothing to report.
Jens.

-Ronald Reagan

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat May 31, 2008 8:12 pm

Thank you Jens for the reply :)

Mysteriet

Post by Mysteriet » Sat May 31, 2008 8:29 pm

It's good to know that everything is still possible. 8)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat May 31, 2008 8:43 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: Also now that the truth has come out that the guys won't continue together as "Stratovarius" (in fact, I doubt they continue together at all),
This is completely incorrect, and I really have to stress that all options still are on the table. :)

Jens, FORGET ABOUT THE IDEA OF NOT BEING TOGETHER. Kotipelto, Jörg and you are GODS of METAL. So, PLEASE, stay here with US. P-L-E-A-S-E.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 31, 2008 8:50 pm

RazielSR wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Jens, FORGET ABOUT THE IDEA OF NOT BEING TOGETHER. Kotipelto, Jörg and you are GODS of METAL. So, PLEASE, stay here with US. P-L-E-A-S-E.
Calm down, they'll stay together, if nothing else, in spite of TT

Mysteriet

Post by Mysteriet » Sat May 31, 2008 8:57 pm

Rebel wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Calm down, they'll stay together, if nothing else, in spite of TT
I think Jens meant they can keep whatever name they want to. :)

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 pm

There will be however one further release on Frontiers from Revolution Renaissance: an EP which will include the following tracklisting: 'Heroes' (album version), 'I Did It My Way' (acoustic remix), 'Angel' (acoustic remix), 'Keep The Flame' (acoustic remix), 'We Are Magic' (Tobias Sammet version), 'Last Night On Earth' (original Stratovarius demo), 'Revolution Renaissance' (original Stratovarius demo), 'Heroes' (original Stratovarius demo).
Translation: We are Tolkki and Frontiers, we'll put anything out even if it's stolen just to get money :lol:
Frontiers has, however, recently decided not to pick up the option for the next Revolution Renaissance studio album for purely business reasons and wishes the best of luck to Timo and the band for the rest of their career.
Translation: No Michael Kiske or Tobias Sammet, see ya later Tolkki :lol:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:42 am

Translation: We are Tolkki and Frontiers, we'll put anything out even if it's stolen just to get money :lol:
I wouldn't call it "stolen". I play on it too:) I guess giving my share of the perpetual income of 11 Stratovarius albums plus perpetual rights to the name of Stratovarius was not enough...Well, I can also give the income from this EP to the guys. That is no problem with me.
Frontiers has, however, recently decided not to pick up the option for the next Revolution Renaissance studio album for purely business reasons and wishes the best of luck to Timo and the band for the rest of their career.
Translation: No Michael Kiske or Tobias Sammet, see ya later Tolkki :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, that seems to be pretty accurate how they manage their label. It's mainly for projects, which I didn't know. I am sure RR will have much better home at SPV..

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:14 am

TimoTolkki wrote:I wouldn't call it "stolen". I play on it too :) I guess giving my share of the perpetual income of 11 Stratovarius albums plus perpetual rights to the name of Stratovarius was not enough... Well, I can also give the income from this EP to the guys. That is no problem with me.
Why the fuck do they want to press an EP anyway, a month after the proper release!? I really don't understand.. is it really worth it for them to open this can of worms!? :lol:

It's true that we released demos and other such stuff before. I think the circumstances this time, around this release, are a bit different than those happier times.

Frontiers simply have not properly acquired the rights. I daresay it would be easier to swallow, if a retarded clause in your agreement with them didn't just waste us all a quarter of a million euro... someone in Italy puts some demos out, it would be a trifle... but this is adding insult to injury. I'm not losing any sleep over it, the demos are not that bad, but no matter how you look at it, it's fraud.

Fraud.

Anyway since you're not involved with Frontiers anymore I imagine there is not much you can do at this point, the rights were improperly assigned by you to them, or maybe they were never even assigned formally at all. Either case, I'm sure they will release it no matter what anybody says. It's just slightly annoying due to the special circumstances here and the haste with which the vocals were done.

You know as well as I that any Stratovarius income for a long, long time is not going to any "guys".. it's going to a law firm in London. :|
Jens.

-Ronald Reagan

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 am

JensJohansson wrote:

I'm not surprised. Jens, thank you are around! GL to you, TK and JM . Hope to hear some new music from you three together soon .
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!