R.R. Forum

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
JensJohansson
Administrator
R.R. Forum

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:42 pm

In case anyone came here wondering what happened to the R.R. forum today;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InvisionFree#Server_Damage
wikipedia wrote: This evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room. Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost.

We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department.

This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site. Our initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Rest assured we are working around the clock.

We are in the process of communicating with all affected customers. we are planning to post updates every hour via our forum and in our customer portal. Our interactive voice response system is updating customer

There is no impact in any of our other five data centers.

I am sorry that this accident has occurred and I apologize for the impact it has caused.
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

stratoplayer

Re: R.R. Forum

Post by stratoplayer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Hmm, no wonder. I hope these guys have insurance...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:37 pm

G R
A song by John Lennon comes to mind. ;)

Seriously, alot of ISP&such have been having problems. Last night MSN was having its share. Maybe so many people have gotten on the internet that now there's problems with various serves&such?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:22 pm

JensJohansson wrote:In case anyone came here wondering what happened to the R.R. forum today;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InvisionFree#Server_Damage
wikipedia wrote: This evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room. Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost.

We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department.

This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site. Our initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Rest assured we are working around the clock.

We are in the process of communicating with all affected customers. we are planning to post updates every hour via our forum and in our customer portal. Our interactive voice response system is updating customer

There is no impact in any of our other five data centers.

I am sorry that this accident has occurred and I apologize for the impact it has caused.
Whoa, something similar just happened to Proboards.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:17 pm

"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 pm

:lol:

Must've not been anything too bad because RR Forum is back.

"Instant Karma/We All Shine On"
:D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Yesterday I couldn´t access the RR forum normally, but however trying to access it by an old PC with Windows 98 and with not-so-modern ISDN connection I managed to access it. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 am

Season of Change on RR Forum wrote:Can someone find a logical reason of this topic? I mean, now Jens is interested about the "evolution" of the RR forum? ;-)
All of invisionfree.com was down Sunday because of a fire in their machine room, and two people mailed me worried that the RR forum had been deleted or they had been banned (I wouldn't know).

When I found out about the fire, I merely posted the news above in case the outage would last for days, and someone else here wondered -- no conspiracy or malice.

Of course if you look hard enough can always find conspiracy and malice. I suppose if I delete this topic now someone will go "aaaaa-HA! Why would that Swedish bastard delete it unless he has something to hide!" :lol:
Jens.

"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:49 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Of course if you look hard enough can always find conspiracy and malice. I suppose if I delete this topic now someone will go "aaaaa-HA! Why would that Swedish bastard delete it unless he has something to hide!" :lol:
HE'S TRYING TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE!!! AAAAA-HA! WHY WOULD HE TRY TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE? THE SWEDISH BASTARD HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:20 am

Rebel wrote:HE'S TRYING TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE!!! AAAAA-HA! WHY WOULD HE TRY TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE? THE SWEDISH BASTARD HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:00 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote:HE'S TRYING TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE!!! AAAAA-HA! WHY WOULD HE TRY TO PREDICT MY NEXT MOVE? THE SWEDISH BASTARD HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!

Touché, swedish bastard, touché

:lol: :lol: :D :D
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:43 am

I think this was actually a good topic. I wondered yesterday what had happened to the forum but I did however notice that not a single one of InvisionFree -forums seemed to work.

But this definitely clarifies everything. That's just crappy luck.

And speaking of luck (OffTopic):
Here I sit at work and write on Stratoforum. Well, it is lunch break but anyway.
The real lucky thing: I JUST FOUND A COMMODORE 64 IN THE STORAGE :D And it's in pretty good shape. Dunno if it works however. But why, oh why can't I find something like a vintage analog synth or something like that here (maybe because this is a polytechnic school and has about as much to do with music as a VGA-cable).

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:34 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

That's why we love you Jens.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Yes, Jens is the best. :D fucking viking :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am

What about TK and JM?? Why don't they post here? :cry:

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Better things to do with their lives? :shock:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 pm

dirge wrote:Better things to do with their lives? :shock:
Yeah I know but... it wouldn't hurt to make a "Hi" post once in a while around here. Keeping in touch with fans is a good thing to do with your life :) .

"Keeping in touch ain't that easy but I'll have to try!"

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:41 pm

AGAG wrote:What about TK and JM?? Why don't they post here? :cry:
Yes, it would be nice. But don't worry, at least they are in the shadows reading what we are saying here.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:00 pm

AGAG wrote:
dirge wrote:Better things to do with their lives? :shock:
Yeah I know but... it wouldn't hurt to make a "Hi" post once in a while around here. Keeping in touch with fans is a good thing to do with your life :) .

"Keeping in touch ain't that easy but I'll have to try!"
It's rare enough that one member posts on a band forum, let alone all of em.