EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratohawk
Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by stratohawk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:39 am

Mormegil wrote:
Rebel wrote:I agree, but listen to Revolution Renaissance, The opening riff is very "Soul of a Vagabond" like. Then it hits the verse and the guitar disappears, and we're left with a pretty cool bassline, but no guitar, the transition to the chorus is again SOAV like, Even Kiske's tone in the verse sounds a lot like Koti in SOAV

After "There will be no more pain" in "We are Magic", I expected Pasi to sing "Like the birds in the sky, we are flying so high!"

Which isn't a bad thing because SOAV is an AWESOME song, but still, when I listened to it, I felt like I had heard it before.

I'm actually trying to do a bass and vocals cover of SOAV, so before I forget, is it band secret, or could you pass along the bassline(s?) to SOAV?
Jesus Christ, start listening more music, people.
It's not like Soul Of A Vagabond was unheard of. Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell and Dio's Holy Diver, two of my all time favourites, among others have similar cool guitar-riff fades away -> enter bass and vocals. What we have in RR the song is simple heavy metal -riff and chorus. Probably used thousands of times before.
Stop bitching and moaning.
*nod and sigh*

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:40 am

Mormegil wrote:
Rebel wrote:I agree, but listen to Revolution Renaissance, The opening riff is very "Soul of a Vagabond" like. Then it hits the verse and the guitar disappears, and we're left with a pretty cool bassline, but no guitar, the transition to the chorus is again SOAV like, Even Kiske's tone in the verse sounds a lot like Koti in SOAV

After "There will be no more pain" in "We are Magic", I expected Pasi to sing "Like the birds in the sky, we are flying so high!"

Which isn't a bad thing because SOAV is an AWESOME song, but still, when I listened to it, I felt like I had heard it before.

I'm actually trying to do a bass and vocals cover of SOAV, so before I forget, is it band secret, or could you pass along the bassline(s?) to SOAV?
Jesus Christ, start listening more music, people.
It's not like Soul Of A Vagabond was unheard of. Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell and Dio's Holy Diver, two of my all time favourites, among others have similar cool guitar-riff fades away -> enter bass and vocals. What we have in RR the song is simple heavy metal -riff and chorus. Probably used thousands of times before.
Stop bitching and moaning.
Listen to both songs and tell me they don't sound similar, the intro riff is built almost exactly the same, which fades off into a bass passage that sounds almost exactly like SOAV.
Timo Tolkki writes brilliant music, but the problem is, every album has way too much recycling on it.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 am

RazielSR wrote:
Lurdi wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: In real life, I really don't like cake by the way.
NO NO!!! :lol: You are lying! We all know you like cakes in real life huh? Don´t you remember Jari´s birthday? :lol:
C´mon, confess you do like cakes!

hahahahahahahhaha

I didn't notice that!

Jens but do you like cakes or not? :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock:
:lol: I thought that was just Whipped Cream Jens was eating? :D Like a "slapstick comedy" type cake. :D
Yes, that was funny. :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:45 am

Listen to both songs and tell me they don't sound similar, the intro riff is built almost exactly the same, which fades off into a bass passage that sounds almost exactly like SOAV.
Timo Tolkki writes brilliant music, but the problem is, every album has way too much recycling on it
they sound simular in a few measures of rythem section but thats not what makes a song

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 am

icecab21 wrote:
Timo Tolkki writes brilliant music, but the problem is, every album has way too much recycling on it
they sound simular in a few measures of rythem section but thats not what makes a song
Listen to the intro of SAVB
"Back, On my back, I wonder"
It fits the intro guitar perfectly
Do the same for RR
It also fits just as well.

I'm not saying they're clones, but RR didn't sound "Fresh" to me.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote:I realize that it's kinda musical taboo to do this, but could you give us some insight into the songwriting? Is Lauri helping? Is it a jam or a carefully crafted process? Is it like Return of Saileri which Lauri wrote? Or is it more along the lines of Uncertainty (Which TK wrote)? Or even Glory of the World style?
:lol: .... I really can't say yet! Who knows. This is what I mean, there is no point in announcing much of anything until we know what will happen and what it will sound like. Doing anything else is putting the cart before the horse. I realize it seems a very slow process compared to "internet time"...
Are you guys auditioning guitarists yet?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:23 am

Listen to the intro of SAVB
"Back, On my back, I wonder"
It fits the intro guitar perfectly
Do the same for RR
It also fits just as well.

I'm not saying they're clones, but RR didn't sound "Fresh" to me
when i listen to the songs they have so many more differences than simularitys. of course the thing with me is that i love live, covers, demos, and variations of songs that i like. there are many chorus that i would love for bands to make simular versions and i think tt is at his best when he writes the chorus.

brunodargor

Post by brunodargor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:20 am

JensJohansson wrote:And yes I am also writing stuff. I think the people who understand that the past is the past, and that there are now two good bands instead of one are closest to the truth. What can be wrong with that? Twice the amount of possible music (hopefully anyway)
Finally something clever. :P

That's the real wisdom we all must have after all the later events concerning Stratovarius. :roll:

Two bands, twice the amount of music... :roll:
So why are we spending so much energy and time discussing something that is done and lays in the past? :?

Life will go on. 8)

:wink:

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 am

Lurdi wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: In real life, I really don't like cake by the way.
NO NO!!! :lol: You are lying! We all know you like cakes in real life huh? Don´t you remember Jari´s birthday? :lol:
C´mon, confess you do like cakes!

im 99.9% sure thats a Pie.

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 am

This just in...

Somebody has leaked all the Stratovarius/RR demo songs to the series of tubes we call internet.

Mysteriet

Post by Mysteriet » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:41 am

Oh, how nice...! :?

ainuman

Post by ainuman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 am

This was a real surprise :?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:10 pm

Lapazeus wrote:This just in...

Somebody has leaked all the Stratovarius/RR demo songs to the series of tubes we call internet.
Somebody, who? ;)

Don't tell me--torrent sites again? :roll:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:14 pm

I can't argue with the way you feel or felt or whatever about the atmosphere, of course not. If that's how you felt, that's how you felt. Nobody should stay around bad vibes if they truly feel them, life is short.
Well there your "if's". I would think a man with your intelligence would realize that by staying in Strato I would make a hell of a lot more money from records and gigs instead of starting a new band from scratch. Even knowing the legal money plus all the money from the future recordings PLUS the back catalogue.
Then the only question is: "Why did I leave"? And the answers are in my two statements. It is logical and simple. There are no "if's".case closed.

Heavy_Homer

Post by Heavy_Homer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Demos are MILLION TIMES better than real album versios. Sorry. TK is the best singer in the world. :twisted:

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:54 pm

@ Timo

I think that you have repeated over a 100 times that you won't make as much money in RR compared to what you can earn in Stratovarius.

You've also said that you had a final statement, yet to keep on coming to these fora to continue the discussion.

And then again, you have made the same rhetorical question over and over again.

C'mon Timo, if this is truly a "case closed" stop biasing the people.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Stratobanger wrote:@ Timo

I think that you have repeated over a 100 times that you won't make as much money in RR compared to what you can earn in Stratovarius.

You've also said that you had a final statement, yet to keep on coming to these fora to continue the discussion.

I'm not biasing people. I am answering to Jens' post. People can think whatever they see best. It is not case closed behind the curtains it seems and that is why all this is continuing. I am just saying to Jens that there is no logic in accusing me about those things in the light of what I wrote about the income. And the essence of his post and their statement was that "I dont/never did have any troubles with any of them" and in my greediness I left. That's why I explained that it is not a logical argument.
The only possible explanation can be that I could not be in that atmosphere anymore as is explained in my statement.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Heavy_Homer wrote: Sorry. TK is the best singer in the world. :twisted:
That's for sure, with difference. But, do you really thing he is singing ok in that demos? I'm a bit dissapointed with this.
I think it's ridiculous to say the demos are better than the final album, mainly because this are demos... I think Kotipelto's voice is at 20% in that demos. He can do it a lot better. And the lyrics are so bad comparing to the final versions too.

Anyway, the keyboards are better than RR album. LNOE demo keyboard sounds A LOT better. Sounds more...epic? I don't know how to describe it. Anywaw, seems to me the final keyboards in New Era are ripped and modified from the demos. Jens is the best in keyboards, and Kotipelto is the best singing power metal, there's no option to argue about it. If somebody is trying to be able to hold a candle to Jens as a keyboardist or Kotipelto as a singer (talking about power metal) , he is just dreaming and rowing upstream.

Well, on friday I will have New Era cd and after the summer, the other New Era album with demos.

And then, I HOPE we can have new jj,tk,jm,lp and the new guitarrist album.
And we have new RR album coming maybe in January 2009 more or less...

I think, we must be happy! I'm sure Jens, Kotipelto, Jörg and Lauri are making a lot of good things! And Tolkki is moving a lot of things, and he have a lot of songs and he is expecting to go to studio on August!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Heavy_Homer wrote:Demos are MILLION TIMES better than real album versios. Sorry. TK is the best singer in the world. :twisted:
I dunno about the best, but his singing ranks toward the top. Kotipelto put Stratovarius on the map. If it were not for TKs singing I would not listened to Stratovarius in the first place. The "Against the Wind" video on a Metal Program years ago got my interest&attention.

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:22 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

I'm not biasing people. I am answering to Jens' post. People can think whatever they see best. It is not case closed behind the curtains it seems and that is why all this is continuing. I am just saying to Jens that there is no logic in accusing me about those things in the light of what I wrote about the income. And the essence of his post and their statement was that "I dont/never did have any troubles with any of them" and in my greediness I left. That's why I explained that it is not a logical argument.
The only possible explanation can be that I could not be in that atmosphere anymore as is explained in my statement.

Well, it's obvious that you have/had problems with them, what I'm saying is that you should stop this...I mean...for your own good, and for theirs too.

You're easily one of the best composers I've ever heard!!! And I do respect you very, very, very much.

But...you've already left, why don't you stop coming back to this atmosphere? I hope you see my point

Good Luck! :D

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:51 pm

But...you've already left, why don't you stop coming back to this atmosphere? I hope you see my point
Simply to correct some of the most blatant and obvious lies.

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:57 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

Well...the thing is that one flames another one and then it becomes one big snowball of doom...

u.u

sad but true, isn't it?

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Stratobanger wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

Well...the thing is that one flames another one and then it becomes one big snowball of doom...

u.u

sad but true, isn't it?
No because there are things that you guys don't know and since I am being accused this way, then I have no other possibility than to go public with that.
I am NOT going to take all the blame alone.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:00 pm

Stratobanger wrote:sad but true, isn't it?
Well, this pic which some members have kept on posting, might explain a bit:

We fans get so worried and some pissed-off. :(
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Special A

Post by Special A » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:01 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

i really dont know why timo, you still keep emmm to say it in a very polite word ''threatening'' the people and really talking 2 sensed things, here, other forums, and come what may thing! your situation leaving Stratovarius, it's bad, you didn't have to leave the band, but to the end of the day, i'm just a fan...
im being the most respectfully, but, talking of RR, i've heard, you were rejected of the label? how it is gonna be possible, even if Timo Tolkki plays in that band? you play in there, also have heard that, your 1st gig's venue is the size of my bathroom :cry:
when in stratovarius; wacken was simply NOT enough room to fill all the fans
don't you think it's not anymore about money, but moral situation?
plus! im very afraid to say, RR lineup is really FADE!, i understand they're new talent; but taking back to the 80's Malmsteen was New talent and EVERYONE that metal Scene was astonished! jens johansson in the 80's was ''new talent'' and my father almost pisses his pants when he heard this new talent
i almost piss my pants when the Visions CD came out, i was just 10? maybe 11?
okey, let's get back to lineup/talents
anyone in there is fit to play in an international band, i can say, because keyboards player is really not compared to REAL virtuoso, the drummer, who is this guy? is he as good as Jorg Michael? well i really think not =/

Really Respectfully
Special A!
PD: i know you will try to ban my account here too, as you did in MYSPACE, but at least i expressed myself in front of the situation...

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:53 pm

IceBreaker wrote: *Picard-foto*
IceBreaker, you made my day :D I think it's simply unbearable to see how people are taking sides. I don't think it will do any harm to anyone that this had to go this way. Of course there is no same Strato as it used to be but instead of that we have two good bands. Let's wait and see. Patience, patience, patience and patience. And remember, keep the flame (alive or just keep the flame :D ).

No offense but, I'd say it's nothing personal for the most of us fans so it's really sad to see how personally some people are taking all this.

I wish all the best to the remaining Strato members and Tolkki too. I don't really care who did what as long as good music keeps coming.

My request is that people, don't take sides. At least I don't care a shit which one is right, Tolkki or the others. That won't change anything :D

Have a nice day.

/part

brunodargor

Post by brunodargor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:58 pm

Keyssion wrote:I think it's simply unbearable to see how people are taking sides.

Of course there is no same Strato as it used to be but instead of that we have two good bands.

No offense but, I'd say it's nothing personal for the most of us fans so it's really sad to see how personally some people are taking all this.

I wish all the best to the remaining Strato members and Tolkki too. I don't really care who did what as long as good music keeps coming.

My request is that people, don't take sides. At least I don't care a shit which one is right, Tolkki or the others. That won't change anything :D
Agree. :wink:

But looks like something very difficult to be achieved here. :?

And that's a pity. :(

Macalpine

Post by Macalpine » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:49 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
Stratobanger wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

u.u

sad but true, isn't it?
No because there are things that you guys don't know and since I am being accused this way, then I have no other possibility than to go public with that.
I am NOT going to take all the blame alone.
Come on...you said Stratovarius is your past...so be it!
No one here wants you here. And I know what I'm talking about.
I've been a member of stratoforum since 2002/2003 with another nickname (unfortunately as I was out of here for the last 2 years seems like my account were deactivated) and I know how things were and how things are right now.

If you want to discuss Strato things, go behind the curtains and that means
you should go talk to the 4 guys instead of this public stupid discussion about
nothing.
Stop with this statements. Stop with this hipocrisy. And live your life as
Stratovarius were dead. That means you should forget it forever.
Forget you once met the 4 guys. Forget once you were a member of
Stratovarius. Cause that's what you did when you signed the legal rights
to them. Or I'm wrong? Oh no, you are the good guy... you did it to proove
that you are not greedy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You always want to do it "YOUR WAY" and when the members were tired of that and tried to argue with you, you simply kicked them as you were
the leader. gush, that's so gentle :) so peaceful, so lovely.

The fans disaprove your attitude comming here to the Strato forum and
to say that "Omg Jorg is not a true friend of Kotipelto".
MAN, THIS IS THEIR MATTER...It doesn't concern to you, or it does?
Are you worried about them?
Are you worried about their future?
I don't think so.

Take Care

Juan
"Angels will arise back to life"

boswoth

Post by boswoth » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Macalpine wrote:Come on...you said Stratovarius is your past...so be it! Cause that's what you did when you signed the legal rights to them. Or I'm wrong? Oh no, you are the good guy... you did it to proove that you are not greedy.
TimoTolkki wrote:I am going to give them full perpetual rights to the name and also I do not want to receive any money regarding record sales of the back catalogue or possible new products in which I am involved
TimoTolkki wrote:I hope this letter clarifies some things from my side and I promise that this will be the last statement from my side. From now on I will let the music talk with my new band Revolution Renaissance
He did that before RR got dropped from Frontiers.

"Last statement" my ass :lol:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Special A wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

i really dont know why timo, you still keep emmm to say it in a very polite word ''threatening'' the people and really talking 2 sensed things, here, other forums, and come what may thing! your situation leaving Stratovarius, it's bad, you didn't have to leave the band, but to the end of the day, i'm just a fan...
im being the most respectfully, but, talking of RR, i've heard, you were rejected of the label? how it is gonna be possible, even if Timo Tolkki plays in that band? you play in there, also have heard that, your 1st gig's venue is the size of my bathroom :cry:
when in stratovarius; wacken was simply NOT enough room to fill all the fans
don't you think it's not anymore about money, but moral situation?
plus! im very afraid to say, RR lineup is really FADE!, i understand they're new talent; but taking back to the 80's Malmsteen was New talent and EVERYONE that metal Scene was astonished! jens johansson in the 80's was ''new talent'' and my father almost pisses his pants when he heard this new talent
i almost piss my pants when the Visions CD came out, i was just 10? maybe 11?
okey, let's get back to lineup/talents
anyone in there is fit to play in an international band, i can say, because keyboards player is really not compared to REAL virtuoso, the drummer, who is this guy? is he as good as Jorg Michael? well i really think not =/

Really Respectfully
Special A!
PD: i know you will try to ban my account here too, as you did in MYSPACE, but at least i expressed myself in front of the situation...
I think anybody can see that your post is full of arrogance. This is a guy who actually applied to be the keyboard player of RR and then started badmouthing Mikey when I chose him. Mikey is close friend of Jens and there is a reason why this dude calls himself a "special" A. He got furious when I didn't chosen.
The first gigs or RR are not in "toilets", they are in South America, there is 13 of them and they vary from 3000-10 000 capacities.
Italian gigs in "toilets" are just for fun. For me. Ever had fun?
As for the abilities of the chosen members of RR, you will hear the difference:)