Tolkki's next gig

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Mörkö
Tolkki's next gig

Post by Mörkö » Sat May 31, 2008 7:01 pm

Here is a picture from inside the venue "Elvis Fan" in Stagno, Italy where Timo Tolkki is supposed to perform August 9:

Demir

Re: Tolkki's next gig

Post by Demir » Sat May 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Mörkö wrote:Here is a picture from inside the venue "Elvis Fan" in Stagno, Italy where Timo Tolkki is supposed to perform August 9:

wtf!?

Mysteriet

Post by Mysteriet » Sat May 31, 2008 8:05 pm

Looks really nice & cosy.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat May 31, 2008 8:47 pm

It's a bit smaller than the London Underworld, which is a pretty famous venue and Strato played there on the Infinite tour.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat May 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Really :lol: :lol: :lol: What a dump :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:02 am

Being small doesn't mean it's a dump...

I once saw Sonata at a small club and it was fantastic mainly as the acoustics were perfect.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:43 am

Beast_Pete wrote:Being small doesn't mean it's a dump... I once saw Sonata at a small club and it was fantastic mainly as the acoustics were perfect.
I agree myself, you can make good music in any venue, even if it is small. I've played smaller places than this. As far as I can remember Iisoppi in Nokia with Kotipelto (capacity about 200) was shitloads of fun. Was the 75,000 seat Oakland Coliseum I played with Rising Force 375 times more fun? No, that's not how it works.

Once I played in Hildesheim, Germany with Jonas Hellborg for four people and a dog. I think the dog understood more of the music than the eight people combined (three band, one mixing guy, and four audience). The dog actually walked up on stage.

Even if the venue is big but empty, the people who did show up have paid for their ticket and you have to do your best.

As an amusing aside.. I do have to say the Elvis Fan Club looks a little less glorious and divine than Hard Club in Porto, which I never personally had much of a problem with. The drive to and from Porto is always horrible but the audience and venue are great, I think.

But Stratovarius stopped playing Portugal completely once upon a time, because someone said.. oh wait, let me see, what was it..

"I think if Hard Club is the only option then we just cancel."

:lol:
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:02 am

JensJohansson wrote:[quote=

As an amusing aside.. I do have to say the Elvis Fan Club looks a little "less glorious and divine"

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:53 am

Fuck that is small. Maybe I'll play some Elvis. Will be a challenge, but I think I will enjoy it nevertheless.
These are not proper "band gigs" anyway. I'm in Italy producing Vision Divine so why not play a few gigs with a coverband. Key to the universe will be cool to play, never got to play that live:)
Hard Club in Porto had one very bad problem and I think you know what it is Jens. The sound system is SO bad and that venue was always overcrowded.
It is not fair to charge 25 euros for a ticket when the people cannot even hear you because the sound system is way WAY too small. That is the reason of course. The people were always extremely cool there of course.

Korppi-

Post by Korppi- » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:59 am

Hmm, now that Timo is posting here again, I'd like to ask if you will sing on those gigs in Italy? :)
"Rahat tai henki! Roisto antaa sentään valita, mutta nainen vie molemmat"

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 am

id love to get at least a bootleg of this concert. youtube or something

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:35 am

Korppi- wrote:Hmm, now that Timo is posting here again, I'd like to ask if you will sing on those gigs in Italy? :)
Why not...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:41 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Korppi- wrote:Hmm, now that Timo is posting here again, I'd like to ask if you will sing on those gigs in Italy? :)
Why not...
GREAT!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:44 pm

JensJohansson wrote:Once I played in Hildesheim, Germany with Jonas Hellborg for four people and a dog. I think the dog understood more of the music than the eight people combined (three band, one mixing guy, and four audience). The dog actually walked up on stage.
Now I know how that "Jag vill knulla din Hund I Röven" came from. :lol:
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Why not...

HOLY SHIT!!!! wtf!!!! man why the hell do i have to live in stupid ass america!!!!! damn you sharonfest corperation piece of crap! i swear, everyone else in the world thinks we all like are those garbage "ozzfest" mainstream bands.

Sorry for the outburst, but Tolkki's singing. :) I can't comprehend, please tour the U.S.A. again! ill never forget those times i saw strato hear in L.A. and Santa Ana.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:54 pm

KilledByDETH wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
Why not...

HOLY SHIT!!!! wtf!!!! man why the hell do i have to live in stupid ass america!!!!! damn you sharonfest corperation piece of crap! i swear, everyone else in the world thinks we all like are those garbage "ozzfest" mainstream bands.

Sorry for the outburst, but Tolkki's singing. :) I can't comprehend, please tour the U.S.A. again! ill never forget those times i saw strato hear in L.A. and Santa Ana.
Yeah, if you moved over to Europe you might be able to find a drummer too :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:53 am

yea i know, even if we do get a drummer, we wont really get to play some strato, cause all the drummers of here dont know who they even are!! :(

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 am

sad but true...

the Americas market don't know what is stratovarius, the only album that was actually more published around was the black album :( , so if i ask somebody (except REAL metal fans, not commercial ones) they will not even gonna know what i'm talking about :(

i can get singles and solo albums (like TK albums) only in a veeery few specialized stores in my city (2 maybe?), and by specialized i mean only metal...the other stores only sell the normal catalog albums (and some imported, like from japan)

but, anyways, the 2 gigs that i have been able to assist here in my city (monterrey) were always at full capacity (escena music hall -elements tour, coca-cola auditorium -black album, along with Lacrimosa)

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:29 am

yes... but if anyone makes an American tour, don't forget central and south america, we like good metal too. 8)

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:58 am

AGAG wrote:yes... but if anyone makes an American tour, don't forget central and south america, we like good metal too. 8)
i don't remember any gig around here (from mexico to argentina/chile, so most part of the continent) that didn't received them well (and with gigs at full)

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:48 pm

I saw Kotipelto in Holland on his last tour and there were only about 30 paying people,can you believe that and there were 4 bands on the bill!!!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:13 pm

MikeWacho wrote:sad but true...

the Americas market don't know what is stratovarius, the only album that was actually more published around was the black album :( , so if i ask somebody (except REAL metal fans, not commercial ones) they will not even gonna know what i'm talking about :(

i can get singles and solo albums (like TK albums) only in a veeery few specialized stores in my city (2 maybe?), and by specialized i mean only metal...the other stores only sell the normal catalog albums (and some imported, like from japan)

but, anyways, the 2 gigs that i have been able to assist here in my city (monterrey) were always at full capacity (escena music hall -elements tour, coca-cola auditorium -black album, along with Lacrimosa)

That is so true. :( The only way Americans have heard of Stratovarius is through word-of-mouth, or the occasional video on satellite or cable TV. The only place to get Strato CDs is through a few Metal Music catalogs, but the last couple years the later CDs can sometimes be found at Best Buy or Wal-Mart(only a few copies, too). For what its worth, I've gotten several people interested in Stratovarius, people who have purchased clothing&CDs, and who now really enjoy Strato music. Word does get around. ;) I'm not saying the fans in my area would pack an arena or even a club, but it would be more than pocket change made at a show, thats for sure. :D
But, of course, us rednecks have ever amounted to anything anyway. :lol:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

*Deni*

Post by *Deni* » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:29 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
Why not...
What? Really? That's great! I desired very much to hear this! Thank you very much, Timo!
Pity that on your myspace the dates disappeared so I can't check them... I'd like to know if the date in Riccione is still valid...

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 pm

i'd surely like to see you in Brazil, Tolkki! :D

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:25 pm

phoenix666 wrote:i'd surely like to see you in Brazil, Tolkki! :D
Seconded.