EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 pm

I don't think anyone is going to argue that the album is not good, with Kotipelto we know it would be great! The question remains, HOW did all this come about&that question is NOT going away no matter how wonderful this album is! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:46 pm

So much better New era of Stratovarius(without jens, he's not playing on the demos :?) than Revolution Renaissance....pitty

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 pm

... And after all the former members are illogicaly silent there days. I'm wondering "why"? :roll:
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

brunodargor

Post by brunodargor » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:So much better New era of Stratovarius(without jens, he's not playing on the demos :?) than Revolution Renaissance....pitty
Hum, there are no keys solos indeed, but I really got to listen to many keyboards parts done by Jens on this New Era demo...

StratoBOB wrote:... And after all the former members are illogicality silent there days. I'm wondering "why"? :roll:
They're creating new music???

Guess that's the best thing they can do, instead of coming over here and posting new statements.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:15 pm

:twisted: :twisted: Illogical to whom :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:48 pm

This scenario does not sound good at all. Very weird. Confused Well, what happens now?
.. And after all the former members are illogicaly silent there days. I'm wondering "why"?
Probably Jens and Timo followed the advice posted earlier in this thread (sorry, I don`t remember the posters nick) and moved their conversation into e-mail. Good idea - no sick shows.

And are left to wait for some "surprise" on the next week:
TimoTolkki wrote:And be prepared for a big surprise next week.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:45 am

Wonder what that big surprise will be? Yet another album, maybe? ???

Btw, the bassist for RR is Swedish.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 am

please NOT that emails...sick of that.
------------------------------------------
BEST SONG OF THE DEMO:

REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE!!.....ironic

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:47 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Wonder what that big surprise will be? Yet another album, maybe? ???
We just have to wait and see. :) or :(
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:18 am

IceBreaker wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Wonder what that big surprise will be? Yet another album, maybe? ???
We just have to wait and see. :) or :(
He leaves SPV for Nuclear Blast :D:D:D

I think it'll be about the new bass player...

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:19 am

mmarton88 wrote: He leaves SPV for Nuclear Blast :D:D:D

I think it'll be about the new bass player...
that wouldn't be a surprise after all of this :roll:

BTW, the whole 10 demo songs were available right after the "torrent" post, so it has been many days since that...

i don't think that the RR disc is better or worse than the demos, at least the kiske and sammet songs were actually great, and some other ones, still i think is good to have both versions...

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:11 pm

R.F. wrote: And are left to wait for some "surprise" on the next week:
I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer :roll:

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:29 pm

StratoBOB wrote:
R.F. wrote: And are left to wait for some "surprise" on the next week:
I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer :roll:
Well...JariK lives in Norway now and plays in a Swedish band... :roll: :?: maybe... :wink:

cliff

Post by cliff » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:29 pm

StratoBOB wrote: I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer :roll:
I dunno about that, but one thing I consider really suspicious, is that it is taking a really long time for Timo to find a bass player. I mean, do they need to be excellent/amazing/the best ? After all, they are JUST bass players.
I read somewhere (I think it was one post made by BEG) that the new bass player is from Sweden. Maybe Nils from Nocturnal Rites ?
<b>This is wrong</b>

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:03 pm

I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer Rolling Eyes
LP is probably out of question, because Tolkki mentioned he doesn`t want to have business with LP anymore.
cliff wrote:
StratoBOB wrote: I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer :roll:
I dunno about that, but one thing I consider really suspicious, is that it is taking a really long time for Timo to find a bass player. I mean, do they need to be excellent/amazing/the best ? After all, they are JUST bass players.
Shame on you, cliff :) Your avatar is from Beck anime, isn`t it? There is Beck`s bassist on it actually. And one of the most famous quotations from Beck is this: "A bass player is the soul of a band" =) I think Tolkki can think this way.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Tolkki said he has to wait to announce because the bass player in a band and they think waiting is to announce is for the best. Its power metal anyway so the bass player just needs to bring good energy to the band and get along with anyone and play at a general proficiency level if he is just expected to be a bass player. But I don’t think he will have the Marco job of irreplaceable without changing the bands sound and music. its funny seeing how many bass player bands can go through with the whole new bass player every cd pattern

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:00 am

R.F. wrote:
I think one of the possible big surprise may be if LP or JK be anounced as a new RR bassplayer Rolling Eyes
LP is probably out of question, because Tolkki mentioned he doesn`t want to have business with LP anymore.
cliff wrote:
Shame on you, cliff :) Your avatar is from Beck anime, isn`t it? There is Beck`s bassist on it actually. And one of the most famous quotations from Beck is this: "A bass player is the soul of a band" =) I think Tolkki can think this way.
I think Cliff was just joking. After all, I think he plays bass himself. ;)

As to JK, I don't think he would be a choice, either, considering everything. Plus, isn't he doing pretty well in Evergrey? ???

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
R.F. wrote:
cliff wrote:
I think Cliff was just joking. After all, I think he plays bass himself. ;)

As to JK, I don't think he would be a choice, either, considering everything. Plus, isn't he doing pretty well in Evergrey? ???
Timo's biggest regret in leaving Strato is that he'll never be on the same stage as THIS again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEk5aeuZoF8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsYC4Kpuh8U

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Don't you understand? That's not what matters to him. He said it 1000x, if he wanted to make more money and play in a (financially) succesful band, he'd stayed with Stratovarius.

But what I find really disappointing is that the RR album indeed was almost finished with the old lineup. I haven't heard those demos with Timo Kotipelto, but this leaves some more bad taste to the whole story.... More contradiction.

Anyways, all that is going on around this (ex-)band is so weird and ridiculous... I wonder how they will find back to calm and an atmosphere in which they can work and make new music.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 pm

I was curious how the demos sound (have to say that I never downloaded any official stuff before geting a copy of them, only just some songs before I really got to know the band), and I have to say, that Kotipelto's Last Night on Earth is thousand times better than Kiske's. The whole sound, not just his singing, but the whole sound is way better. Kiske might be a really well educated voice and the first ever real power metal voice, but Kotipelto IS the Stratovarius voice.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Kiske might be a really well educated voice
As the (un)official Helloween-police of this board, I must inform you that Kiske is self-taught.
Carry on.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:23 pm

That doesn't mean he is not educated. Self-education is also education and I think he learnt how to sing, really well. More people consider him a better singer than Kotipelto. But the fact is, the voice of Stratovarius = Kotipelto.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:That doesn't mean he is not educated. Self-education is also education and I think he learnt how to sing, really well. More people consider him a better singer than Kotipelto. But the fact is, the voice of Stratovarius = Kotipelto.
Agree, Kiske is my second alltime favorite after Bruce Dickinson, but Kotipelto is the voice of Stratovarius.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Mormegil wrote:
As the (un)official Helloween-police of this board, I must inform you that Kiske is self-taught.
Carry on.
I have a question for you,
Deris or Kiske?

ainuman

Post by ainuman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I was curious how the demos sound (have to say that I never downloaded any official stuff before geting a copy of them, only just some songs before I really got to know the band), and I have to say, that Kotipelto's Last Night on Earth is thousand times better than Kiske's. The whole sound, not just his singing, but the whole sound is way better. Kiske might be a really well educated voice and the first ever real power metal voice, but Kotipelto IS the Stratovarius voice.
Just as my thoughts.

I like demos more than "official" album, in demos there is original Strato sound etc. Sorry Kiske, Sammett and Rantanen lovers, excellent singers but in wrong record. Before flaming, this is just IMO.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Wonder when this album is going to be available in USA? Europe always gets the good power metal before we do. :buh:

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:59 am

Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Carry on.
Deris or Kiske?
Here we go...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Pel0nman

Post by Pel0nman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:45 am

"If I'm fornicating moonlight there's no reason to get mad, Am I copulating sunlight I might have to say I'm sad..."
Were this the actual lyrics of 'Last Night on Earth'!? I mean... They sound... weird.
I needed to hear RR with Stratovarius and I must say if they recorded that as a goodbye to their fans they'll have fans of both worlds really happy... Kiske, and Sammet are awesome vocalists, but this songs were meant to be played by Stratovarius, it's true that the demos don't sound as good (in terms of quality and arrangements) as the actual RR album, but if this album had the proper recording it deserves with the players it was meant to be played with, it would be HUGE!
I know this is impossible, but since I heard this I cannot stop imaging how would it be to hear this songs with the players and the treat they deserve as the last farewell from Stratovarius to their fans... A perfect way to end this circle and begin their new era.

I know both sides will do just fine, I really respect everyone and I'll be looking forward to hearing their new efforts with their bands, best of luck to you, Mr. Tolkki and Mr. Johansson. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 am

"If I'm fornicating moonlight there's no reason to get mad, Am I copulating sunlight I might have to say I'm sad..."
i like how everyone hears this differnetly or something. when i listen it seems he says. i love his accent and that i really can't tell what he says a lot of the time

"if i fornicate in moonlight there's no reason to get mad. i might copulate in sunlight i might hunt to stay unsad"

i do think the fornicate copulate is a rather cool rhyme and i think a realistic thing to do on a last night on earth

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:50 am

stratoplayer wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Carry on.
Deris or Kiske?
Here we go...
:lol: The question as old as time.
No wait, Master of the Rings is from 1994. Only 14 years then.

I would put it this way:
Low notes: Deris
High notes: Kiske
Songwriting: Deris

So... umm... still impossible to answer. :)