Revolution Renaissance

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Luther_Harkon
Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Luther_Harkon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 pm

I just recieved the album and listened to it. As it could be predicted from the samples, the "visions style" it's related to the lyrics and spirit of the song, and not the style. But I still think that this is a good album. If you are waiting for an extremly fast power metal album, just forget about it. It has a tempo quite similar to Stratovarius (album), but with better songs.

I enjoy listening to it and liked the lyrics. I would give it a 7.5-8 (because I guessed this wouldn't be a pure power metal album)
:headbang: Keep eatin metal & shittin chains :headbang:

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Luther_Harkon wrote:I just recieved the album and listened to it. As it could be predicted from the samples, the "visions style" it's related to the lyrics and spirit of the song, and not the style. But I still think that this is a good album. If you are waiting for an extremly fast power metal album, just forget about it. It has a tempo quite similar to Stratovarius (album), but with better songs.

I enjoy listening to it and liked the lyrics. I would give it a 7.5-8 (because I guessed this wouldn't be a pure power metal album)
Which album are you listening to? RR like it is released? Or the demos with TK?

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:24 am

RR surely...

i liked the album too...enough speed to be enjoyable if you ask me

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:04 am

stratohawk wrote: Which album are you listening to? RR like it is released? Or the demos with TK?
The demo with the original guys is better than the actual album, I think.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Equinox wrote:
stratohawk wrote: Which album are you listening to? RR like it is released? Or the demos with TK?
The demo with the original guys is better than the actual album, I think.
I like the album very much, but I prefer Heroes sung by TK and mainly We are magic.

Kay

Post by Kay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi, everyone...

I didn't like the two songs I heard... So pop and really far far away about Strato... Nothing similar to Visions, of course...

It's like Sannah... Bufff... Boring!

ainuman

Post by ainuman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Kay wrote:Hi, everyone...

I didn't like the two songs I heard... So pop and really far far away about Strato... Nothing similar to Visions, of course...

It's like Sannah... Bufff... Boring!
Which songs you heard?

Lord_ZX

Post by Lord_ZX » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:01 pm

I listen RR and i like it, better than stratovarius and elemnts 2, the songs are good anda have a little of "visions spirit"... but the demos with Stratovarius its amazing!!! sounds really cool... in studio the results will be amazing...

Who plays in the Demos?, tolkki, kotipleto and...?
Im Hunting High and Low,
Sometimes I may win,
sometimes I´ll lose It´s just a game that I play

Kay

Post by Kay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 pm

I've heard "I did it my way" and "Revolution Renaissance"... I don't like both... And "Last Night on Earth", of course... Hey, I like that one, but I like it with Kotipelto voice, as I saw him singing it in Madrid...
Snif...

And I'm still thinking that "Revolution Renaissance" is was one of the most horrible band's names I've never heard... :twisted:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 pm

:lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Just listened New Era for the first time and I have to ask, have you people been listening to same albm as I?
Because I really love it. This is just the kind of ol'-school melodic/power metal I've hoped for a long time someone would do these days. Kiske, Sammet and Rantanen all sound phenomenal. Especially Kiske. And Sammet. ..And Rantanen.

Born Upon The Cross might just be the greatest song released this year. :headbang: :headbang:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 pm

Rantanen is wonderful in this album.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 am

First time I heard "I Did It My Way" I thought it was just OK. But after listening to it a few times, I really like it now. Very simple song and good lord Kiske is just fuggin amazing.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:57 am

Hey, just wondering, what happened to Tolkki's cool solos??? I mean just listen to speed of light, father time, forever free, against the wind... From RR DEMOS I like "I did it my way", "Revoultion renaissance", "Eden is burning"... but I don't think those are power metal songs... it's just cool rock.

Also, what happened with TK's epic vocals?? listen to Elements, father time, Neither "Stratovarius" nor "RR" has epic vocals, as I said it's just cool rock, I really miss 4th dimension times... :(

I honestly hope that JJ, TK and JM will manage to make an old fashioned Strato record... to keep the flame alive. :) well, they will make a new record right???

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:30 am

AGAG wrote:
I honestly hope that JJ, TK and JM will manage to make an old fashioned Strato record... to keep the flame alive. :) well, they will make a new record right???
Yes, right now they are composing new material.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:12 am

Don’t they sort of have to a look for a guitarist or something or have they decided to stick with that sample tolkki gave us at eagleheart at wacken when he just stopped playing. I thought that section was awesome but I’d miss not having a guitar for a whole song even if it makes parts sound really cool to not have the guitar. I’d like to see what the guys could come up with competitive songwriting then collaboration on the songs they pick.

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Second listen was a bit better. :)

skywalker203

R.R is terrible

Post by skywalker203 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm very angry about R.R album. The tempo is slower than any Stratovarius's album after 'Episode'. And melody line is very very similar with stratovarius's. I think there is no disagree that 'Soul Of A Vagabond' and 'Revolution Renaissance' is twins.

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:40 pm

TO SKYWALKER

first of all infinite is way long more fast than episode( at lest some songs are quite too fast for me), and then wtf are u talking is a really good album, it has great songs, and about the demos i think they are great too, a mixture of the album and the demos would make a great new album :lol: :lol: and yet i was wonderign how it would have been with JJ keybords and solos... for me they add that stratovarius felling that make their records unique, and if u dont agree with me just listen to LNOE in wacken and jj keybords on the intro and the chorus.....

TO TT
i dont know why TT was complaining about the demos, they sound great much better than the others ive heard, im really beggining to think that he is a total lier because one day he gives an statement saying one thing and the next day he gives another one saying another.. like when he said that he wasnt enyoing the tour and that they were playing so bad that they couldnt record a live dvd.. but in the next statement he wrote that they had a succesfull world tour!, and another one, when they had they tour diary... timo wrote that some show on mexico was going to be the best stratovarius show ever because the band qwas united and there was so much warm, love and happines :lol: :lol:.. so realy i dont get what its in his mind... so comment about it who is the lier and whos not... and TIMO TOLKKI i would like u to answer my post

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Not being tokki, I can’t speak for him but here is my opinion. He said that they did not play well for the concert they recorded. Every band has their off nights and miscommunications. It might be that his emotions got a little shaky rather than him planing deception with negative intentions. We don't need to go around calling everyone liar when sometimes people make mistakes and feelings change in different environments. Perhaps he being bipolar has affected this and that needs to be recognized that if that is the case then it would be a disability taking over and not in clear healthy thinking. The band could have been at its best when it was allowed to focus on the music and not contracts and outside situations. How about we look at this situation as –no lies and just a falling out and a need for a new direction? This lets everyone take their lives in a direction they desire.

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:37 pm

icecab21 wrote:Not being tokki, I can’t speak for him but here is my opinion. He said that they did not play well for the concert they recorded. Every band has their off nights and miscommunications. It might be that his emotions got a little shaky rather than him planing deception with negative intentions. We don't need to go around calling everyone liar when sometimes people make mistakes and feelings change in different environments. Perhaps he being bipolar has affected this and that needs to be recognized that if that is the case then it would be a disability taking over and not in clear healthy thinking. The band could have been at its best when it was allowed to focus on the music and not contracts and outside situations. How about we look at this situation as –no lies and just a falling out and a need for a new direction? This lets everyone take their lives in a direction they desire.

maybe u are right, but i think tht this situation has a lot of strange&unknown things for us... but why can i think when 4 band mates are against one... i do speculate too... and if u want u can re-read my post and see thats not only about the dvd... its about all the statements.. just try to see the way i do and u will find out... belive me.. i dont know what and who to believe!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Alot of fans were really looking forward to that DVD. It would not have to be "professionally"created for fans to truly enjoy it. I mean, Infinite Visions was not perfect, far from it, and thats why fans liked it! It had an impersonal touch, an amateurish feel that added to its charm. I hope the "new Stratovarius" eventually releases the Sao Paulo show, plus the other footage that was to be included on the past-proposed Stratovarius DVD.
The fans WILL like it! :headbang:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:54 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Alot of fans were really looking forward to that DVD. It would not have to be "professionally"created for fans to truly enjoy it. I mean, Infinite Visions was not perfect, far from it, and thats why fans liked it! It had an impersonal touch, an amateurish feel that added to its charm. I hope the "new Stratovarius" eventually releases the Sao Paulo show, plus the other footage that was to be included on the past-proposed Stratovarius DVD.
I know the will belive me haha... but im thinking about commentign and making a huge book about tolkkis lies! :twisted: :shock: just help me BEG i know u want to

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:42 pm

I see you also wrote about that tolkki said the guys were really enjoying themselfs on tour. It’s possible that could have been the feeling at that time. I guess when people write statements they can think more about how they feel at that moment than how they felt at the time an event happened. This could be like those on again off again relationships and I don’t think the fans or especially the band members need to go through with that. there’s so much going on that I would rather just focus on enjoying the music and have the bands focus on having environment that healthy without this on again off again. I know that people can have the greatest time ever then in the morning be really depressed and I think that a sign that help and support is needed rather writing the person off as a liar. Irrationality is a sign of unhealthiness and we need to help people and support and help prevent future situations instead of criticize and writing of as a lost and dangerous causes. I’d rather not think ill of people but rather situations and circumstances. In this upcoming example I’m not comparing tolkki to anyone I’m just giving a general example of what bad energy does in this world. Just to think that Hitler could have been an artist instead of the leader of the Nazis. Hitler did not become Hitler without people and events throwing negative energy at him and negative energy flowing around the people’s hearts. We are better off putting constant effort into loving each other and preventing disasters and working to help those are on a path of destruction. Our love can be infinite and do enjoy someone’s art we don’t have to blame or dislike someone else’s as long as the art is positive. I really think that stratovarius was not in situation where it was allowed to flourish and that the best we can wish for is that each member finds that creative space needed to enjoy life and create enjoyable music that without restraints. Since everyone is human we will all have our moments of madness though and in the roller costar of life we can just hope that it reached sky high at its high points and never falls into a canyon at its bad points.I guess there can be so many hopes and wishes for what a group of people can do but with a new group a whole new world of potential and discoveries await

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:34 pm

thefreeone wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Alot of fans were really looking forward to that DVD. It would not have to be "professionally"created for fans to truly enjoy it. I mean, Infinite Visions was not perfect, far from it, and thats why fans liked it! It had an impersonal touch, an amateurish feel that added to its charm. I hope the "new Stratovarius" eventually releases the Sao Paulo show, plus the other footage that was to be included on the past-proposed Stratovarius DVD.
I know the will belive me haha... but im thinking about commentign and making a huge book about tolkkis lies! :twisted: :shock: just help me BEG i know u want to

scorp

Post by scorp » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:23 am

Tried to find the RR album in Athens, Greece but it wasn't possible :( Anyone knows anything about the release dates worldwide? :roll:
Insurrection!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:08 am

thefreeone wrote:
I'm not really the one you need to talk to, but I know a couple people who..........;) Oh, never mind. A famous musician can get away with murder even if he's caught red-handed(thanks to all he ass-kissing fanboys out there), so don't get me into this. Besides, this drama would make a great movie so probably someone has beat you to it! :D
*FACEPALM HERE ALL YOU WANT, ITS THE TRUTH&EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!!!:lol:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:08 am

And this could be the title "fun with exploitation of a famous artist with a mental disability". There can be a subtitle of “laughing at nervous breakdowns and depression”. There’s a general difference between ass kissing and being human. It would be much more reasonable to make a mood swing book that shows some hint of humanity by covering the good and the bad, the successes and failures, and the dreams and the broken promises. We are all human we all have our moments of good and bad, to me it would be a shameful exploitation to write a book that only conveys someone in negativity.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 am

icecab21 wrote:And this could be the title "fun with exploitation of a famous artist with a mental disability". There can be a subtitle of “laughing at nervous breakdowns and depression”. There’s a general difference between ass kissing and being human. It would be much more reasonable to make a mood swing book that shows some hint of humanity by covering the good and the bad, the successes and failures, and the dreams and the broken promises. We are all human we all have our moments of good and bad, to me it would be a shameful exploitation to write a book that only conveys someone in negativity.
Probably the only smart comment in this thread (including my owns). :)

browneyedgirl wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
I'm not really the one you need to talk to, but I know a couple people who..........;) Oh, never mind. A famous musician can get away with murder even if he's caught red-handed(thanks to all he ass-kissing fanboys out there), so don't get me into this. Besides, this drama would make a great movie so probably someone has beat you to it! :D
It's not that I'm asskissing fanboy.
It's because I'm against fanboys, who desert their "idol" after they try to do something different and are so offended by this that they can't see the new stuff is actually better than anything the "idol" did in years with his old project. ;)

See also: Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio

Besides, even you have to admit that comment deserved /facepalm. ;)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Mormegil wrote:
icecab21 wrote:And this could be the title "fun with exploitation of a famous artist with a mental disability". There can be a subtitle of “laughing at nervous breakdowns and depression”. There’s a general difference between ass kissing and being human. It would be much more reasonable to make a mood swing book that shows some hint of humanity by covering the good and the bad, the successes and failures, and the dreams and the broken promises. We are all human we all have our moments of good and bad, to me it would be a shameful exploitation to write a book that only conveys someone in negativity.
Probably the only smart comment in this thread (including my owns). :)

browneyedgirl wrote:
thefreeone wrote:
It's not that I'm asskissing fanboy.
It's because I'm against fanboys, who desert their "idol" after they try to do something different and are so offended by this that they can't see the new stuff is actually better than anything the "idol" did in years with his old project. ;)

See also: Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio

Besides, even you have to admit that comment deserved /facepalm. ;)
All of that is YOUR opinion, of course, and you are entitled to it just like EVERYONE else on this board is entitled to theirs.

But, tell me something. Why are most people praising the EP Version(with ORIGINAL members)more than the version without? ???
On forums where people are allowed to discuss freely&openly, lots of people are saying Tolkki made a bad mistake. Once again, thats just an opinion&they are entitled to it.
As far as "deserting" Tolkki, that has to be the most laughable comment ever. Are you saying in a free society that people cannot decide what music they like, or don't like? Tolkki is just a musician, not a family member.

And, there never has been anyone else(or whose fans)who has used mental disability to "cover up" or "excuse" ones actions, bad decisions, or "mistakes"like this. Everyone, ill or not, makes their share of stumbles throughout life but only in this case we see "enablers"who actually try to whitewash everything he does. In the real world, a "regular" person would have been given help&told to shape up, or ship out, and get a life.
As far as I know, nobody is laughing at Tolkki, matter of fact, its the damn opposite.