STRATOVARIUS UPDATE!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
STRATOVARIUS UPDATE!

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Sort of.........

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Remaining STRATOVARIUS Members Recruit New Guitarist, Begin Work On New Material
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=99258

Interesting developments!
Gee, I hope that link works. :?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Re: STRATOVARIUS UPDATE!

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 pm

YEEEESSS!!!!

I CAN START TO BREATH NOW.... :lol: :lol:

i was waiting for some good news, so it's perfect, and the guitarist should be that guy Matias....for me as Stratovarius, but whatever good music will come!!

dupinguez

Post by dupinguez » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:24 pm

The link works. These are great news, finally something concrete comes out of the mess.
Mad Butcher & Eternal Devastation
Worst of All Horrendous Post-Makers From Hell

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:33 pm

so, we have new album on 2009. I hope at the beginning... Jens says he have 15 songs and they are looking at a total of 20 rough songs to work on....wow...
At this point, the guys have not yet decided whether to continue using the name STRATOVARIUS for their new band. Some of the members want to, some of them don't, and for some of them it doesn't make a difference one way or the other.
That is interesting...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 pm

It doesn't get much better than this. Can't wait what the new material is like. :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:06 pm

What I don't understand is... why they said (Jens said) a few days ago they didn't have any good news to say, and now we have this? Why they never say anything here? Why all that secrecy here and then we have this in soundi?

And Jens said they didn't have anything , and now... 15 songs!!!!! and they wanna work with a total of 20 songs!! So, can we expect an album with 13 or 14 songs?

o_____________________O

Anyway GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! But when in 2009? I mean February or March?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Looking forward to it! Thanks BEG for the heads up! :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Whatever name the guys decide to use I have a feeling its going to be very good music ahead! :music: :headbang:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Finally good news. I trust so much in them. I think they won't deceive us.

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 pm

And this is the news I wanted to read for a long time.
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 pm

RazielSR wrote:What I don't understand is... why they said (Jens said) a few days ago they didn't have any good news to say, and now we have this? Why they never say anything here? Why all that secrecy here and then we have this in soundi?

And Jens said they didn't have anything , and now... 15 songs!!!!! and they wanna work with a total of 20 songs!! So, can we expect an album with 13 or 14 songs?

o_____________________O

Nah, most bands write and record far more songs for each album than they'll end up using. That way after the mixing and mastering is done, they can select the best 9 or 10.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 am

NeonVomit wrote:
RazielSR wrote:What I don't understand is... why they said (Jens said) a few days ago they didn't have any good news to say, and now we have this? Why they never say anything here? Why all that secrecy here and then we have this in soundi?

o_____________________O

Nah, most bands write and record far more songs for each album than they'll end up using. That way after the mixing and mastering is done, they can select the best 9 or 10.

A cursed truth,
I always wanted his last 4 albums, had more than 9 songs and 50 minutes (except Elements I) ... Episode is a good example of a complete 12 song album (with interlude) and 60 minutes

MattK

Post by MattK » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 am

I know it's not likely, but it would be a dream come true if the Strato guys hooked up with Jani. I can't think of a better replacement and the circumstances seem so perfect.

Mocosienta

Post by Mocosienta » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am

good luck guys, I will wait your new album. :D
#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
void main ()
{
printf("Stratovarius 4ever");
getch();
}

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:12 pm

yeah, tolkki might have came up woth Strato's musical style and message, but I don't doubt the remaining member's potential to create music just as good or better! With Jens composing songs, I have a feeling that the new "whatever record" will not leave my cd player! :)

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:28 pm

MattK wrote:I know it's not likely, but it would be a dream come true if the Strato guys hooked up with Jani. I can't think of a better replacement and the circumstances seem so perfect.
+ 9998785973284957987

if that happened, that album would probably be framed and put on a pedestol for me to worship evey morning! :D

Luther_Harkon

Post by Luther_Harkon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Jani was fired from Sonata because of personal/behaviour problems... Although he's a great player and I'd love to see him play with the guys, it could be "dangerous"
:headbang: Keep eatin metal & shittin chains :headbang:

Paola

Post by Paola » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:27 pm

:lol: However, is great that the guys continue their ways and don't put attention to TT.

...hungry of money... Now what? Iron Maiden has it or The Rolling Stones have it... :roll:
Official hobbit of the Stratovarius forum...Relax guys, I don't find a ring...:wink: :lol:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:

o_____________________O

A cursed truth,
I always wanted his last 4 albums, had more than 9 songs and 50 minutes (except Elements I) ... Episode is a good example of a complete 12 song album (with interlude) and 60 minutes
What about a 2 part album?, just like elements! :bounce2:

browneyedgirl

TTs Final Response about Lassila&Antti project

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:21 pm

nickdafos,Jun 19 2008, 02:56 AM wrote: but havent you given the rights away for all stratovarius things ?
this means that you cant use the name i mean .
at least thats what i understand ! :)
(FROM: TT) First of all let me say that this won't be a "continuation" of Stratovarius such as. There won't be any gigs. Stratovarius evolved to a certain point and as I have said there cannot be Strato without the classic line up, then it is logical that I do not accept that the band will be continued without me. Therefore the best solution is that the guys come up with a new name and continue their career without cashing in with the Stratovarius name. The rights being given away was NOT a gift to them.
This must be made clear. It severed the contact for once and all that I have to have anything to do with them because of their idea to continue Strato instead starting fresh like me.
How can I release the album you ask? Well, there are ways to do this and you don't know all what has been going on behind the scenes. It is the right way to close this chapter to bring Tuomo and Antti in and make one farewell album.
It's gonna be a full circle album and fun to do for sure. But like I said it is just one album and a farewell. Then everybody can move on.

---------------------------------

Kay

Post by Kay » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm

YEAAAHH!!!

Good news at last!

I'm sure that the new Strato album (or whatever would be the name) is gonna be bombastic!

Thanks, guys, and good luck!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Kay wrote:YEAAAHH!!!

Good news at last!

I'm sure that the new Strato album (or whatever would be the name) is gonna be bombastic!

Thanks, guys, and good luck!
:huh:
That post I posted was from TT. And, I wonder if he is really serious about it. ???
This whole thing is controversial, and not as cut&dry as it appears. :err:

tennent's

Post by tennent's » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:13 pm

I think Kay was talking about the opening post (...really good news indeed! :) )

Metalcentral

Post by Metalcentral » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:33 pm

I'm not into taking sides here , but it's quite weird that Tolkki first are giving away all the rights of the name Stratovarius, says that he does not want anything to do with it and then decides to release a new album without Jens, TK and Jörg. Doesn't really matter if it's "one last album", I mean, why was he giving away the rights in the first place?

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm very very sad. I believe what TT sad about Jörg and Kotipelto. I think this new Stratovarius will only record just one record or two. After it Jörg and Timo will leave. It will be like the band called Metalium. The new name can give me a sh*t. I needed Stratovarius not a new fuc*in band. Strato was my favourite band, this new thing doesn't interest me.

To Mr. Timo Tolkki! You were very proud because you didn't want to do Stratovarius without Jörg and Timo. Now You're doing this thing with the "last Stratovarius album". The saga won't be complete. It's just a new damned idea from your crazy mind. You're a liar. You broke the dreams of a lot of your fans. You're guilty. I believed in you, I believed to you. I understood you're decisions, but now I can't. You destroyed everything. Re...Re... doesn't interest me. You can SU*K MY DI*K! Dear Mr. Tolkki: FU*K Y*U!!!

(This was my last comment here and my last action about the wonder called: Stratovarius.)

R.F.

Re: TTs Final Response about Lassila&Antti project

Post by R.F. » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
nickdafos,Jun 19 2008, 02:56 AM wrote: but havent you given the rights away for all stratovarius things ?
this means that you cant use the name i mean .
at least thats what i understand ! :)
(FROM: TT) First of all let me say that this won't be a "continuation" of Stratovarius such as. There won't be any gigs. Stratovarius evolved to a certain point and as I have said there cannot be Strato without the classic line up, then it is logical that I do not accept that the band will be continued without me. Therefore the best solution is that the guys come up with a new name and continue their career without cashing in with the Stratovarius name. The rights being given away was NOT a gift to them.
This must be made clear. It severed the contact for once and all that I have to have anything to do with them because of their idea to continue Strato instead starting fresh like me.
How can I release the album you ask? Well, there are ways to do this and you don't know all what has been going on behind the scenes. It is the right way to close this chapter to bring Tuomo and Antti in and make one farewell album.
It's gonna be a full circle album and fun to do for sure. But like I said it is just one album and a farewell. Then everybody can move on.

---------------------------------
Excuse me, but where is this post from? RR forum?
If I understand everything correctly this is the biggest surprise for me from all TT`s statements. But to sum it up... think it`s impossible to sum everything up. Tolkki`s actions are all too chaotic and inconsequent, although his reasons are all the same - just a little example: "their idea to continue Strato instead starting fresh like me". He is repeating himself too often.
Anyway, news from Jens is very promising :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Yep, its from RR Forum. Its on Blabbermouth.net now and the replies are very angry, and puzzled. People are just fed up with these statements&new developments that smack of weirdness.
I mean, for the most part everything had settled down. People have ceased bashing TT, the RR album was very well accepted, especially with the Koti Demos. The other guys announced their plans&revealed a new guitarist is on the way........all very good.
Then, WHAM, this surprise about Lassila&Antti, and a reunion album from the guys of early Stratovarius. This is getting hard for fans to digest, you know? :(

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:45 pm

What’s the big deal with this anyway? They have not shown the contract information and all the facts. We get new music from everyone in a fully functioning band form and a project from early stratovarius members. Call everything x y and z it's a wonderful thing for me and not something to go insane over. This whole name calling thing is ridiculous, each member is happy with their own projects, Get a random name generator and release everything through that.

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:28 am

psst... man i despise blabbermouth, that site is just crap in a can. Its like those people who seem to know everything but 40% of the time its not true....

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am

icecab21 wrote:What’s the big deal with this anyway? They have not shown the contract information and all the facts. We get new music from everyone in a fully functioning band form and a project from early stratovarius members. Call everything x y and z it's a wonderful thing for me and not something to go insane over. This whole name calling thing is ridiculous, each member is happy with their own projects, Get a random name generator and release everything through that.
Hmm, interesting idea. I tried one, though, with dubious results:

Beige Boa
Nectarine Of The Sandwich
Habitual Hazard
Northern Corpse
Density Elf
Sumo Fool

Maybe that's how these guys got their name.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec